The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 253 254 255
 Asura.Auburn
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-19 13:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it normal that NQ Adehmar Path A body is getting better results for Hi than Abnoba Kaftan?
 Asura.Gotenn
user: Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-03-19 15:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just assumed that Heishi Shorinken is not worth making? or do we not have enough information to really test it and the AM bonus it receives?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-19 15:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's definitely not getting enough attention in this thread right now.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-03-19 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Auburn said: »
Is it normal that NQ Adehmar Path A body is getting better results for Hi than Abnoba Kaftan?
Depends in lots of factors. You're gaining lots of agility and accuracy. Maybe the situation you have in your sheet doesn't need the crit rate, and the crit dmg isn't adding as much as you imagine.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2016-03-19 16:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's definitely not getting enough attention in this thread right now.
I'm a few NM's away from Fomalhaut. THEN I'll think about Heishi after 50k more beads. Ha ha.
[+]
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-19 16:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gotenn said: »
Is it just assumed that Heishi Shorinken is not worth making? or do we not have enough information to really test it and the AM bonus it receives?
Personally, I really want to mess with one. If the aftermath allows for Shun > Shun Light spam then it'll be quite useful. Having a Light property WS will help us synergize better when partying with BLUs as well. On top of that, TP bonus 500 will be fantastic for certain WS like Shun and maybe Ten.

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Depends in lots of factors. You're gaining lots of agility and accuracy. Maybe the situation you have in your sheet doesn't need the crit rate, and the crit dmg isn't adding as much as you imagine.
Would you say it's not worth Kaftan in situations where a lot of accuracy is needed then?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-03-19 18:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I really want to mess with one. If the aftermath allows for Shun > Shun Light spam then it'll be quite useful. Having a Light property WS will help us synergize better when partying with BLUs as well. On top of that, TP bonus 500 will be fantastic for certain WS like Shun and maybe Ten.
Definitely Ten. The scaling from 1k to 2k on that WS is massive, more than doubling its damage. With Heishi, Moonshade, and a good WSD/STR set, it's easily one of NIN's best WS. Especially worth noting in high buff situations, and if you're partnering with someone with a strong distortion WS (CDC again, Rudra's, Ruinator, etc) then it's a great option for making Darkness too. In low buff situations the TP bonus gets you more favorable scaling on Shun's attack modifier, so you can abuse that to your heart's content.

I can't speak as to how Heishi fares against Kikoku or Kannagi, but right now it strikes me as a very strong and flexible option. If you're in a group that clears Reisen HELM NMs then it's not too much of an investment relative to currency/plutons/trials or NMs/HMP/dross/boulders. Those who already have NIN RMEs can make their decisions accordingly, but those without should certainly bear it in mind.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-03-19 20:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone with kikoku upgraded know if it's 60 attack transfers to the main hand when you offhand it? Probably wishful thinking on my part, but it would be nice.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-19 21:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Orestes said: »
Does anyone with kikoku upgraded know if it's 60 attack transfers to the main hand when you offhand it? Probably wishful thinking on my part, but it would be nice.
It does not. :(
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-03-20 02:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Edit: Capuchin: For kikoku's aftermath, does it add a flat 10% of base attk derived from (STR + Skill + gear(?)) to both hands equally? Or does it add 100/1024 to each individual hand.

For now, I'm putting it as 100/1024 to each hand separately including attack from gear (outside of skill), but would like clarification.

Your assumption was correct, it calculates 10% of each hand separately according to /checkparam.

For instance, if you had base attack of mainhand 1100 and sub 1000, with AM up you'd get main 1210 (1100 * 1.10) and sub 1100 (1000 * 1.10). Simplifying previous example as a straight 10% for ease of illustration, and not using 100/1024.

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I can't speak as to how Heishi fares against Kikoku or Kannagi, but right now it strikes me as a very strong and flexible option.

Heishi is definitely up there, and I had also been meaning to mention it and just hadn't had the time yet - so thanks to others from bringing it up!

Even ignoring ultimate SC, using it solely for Shun (and Ten, I guess) spam and taking advantage of the high DMG makes it a top option. I thiiiink it's just below Kannagi & Kikoku, but not by a ton, and wouldn't surprise me to see it best in at least some scenarios. Might be less flexible for SCs than Kikoku (Metsu/Shun/Hi options), and weaker WS/SC-wise than a Kannagi spamming Hi and SCing. But it's a damn good weapon. If you don't plan to get Relic or Empy and have ability to get the wins, it's certainly worth making.

I find it to be one of the best Aeonics, since its associated WS is also very strong. For me personally, I'm sitting on 50k beads and though I'm tempted to get it, I think I'm gonna commit to dagger instead since I don't have any ultimate weapon for my THF DNC and that's another good one for my jobs (TP bonus on dagger is great on any WS, and the DMG is gigantic). Much bigger boost for those jobs for me than the improvement would be to my NIN that already has a relic.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2016-03-20 03:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Annnd double-posting on this offhand Q from last page...

What offhand should we be using for each of these RME? Is Kikoku/Kannagi even smart at all if you happen to be spamming Hi? To me, it doesn't seem like there are any decent RME options for offhand unlike other 1-handed jobs. Also, will we typically see more ninjutsu damage from RME/RME or RME/Ochu?

Doesn't look like Kikoku with a Kannagi offhand is ever worth it. Both of them are mainhand only in order to be any good, if offhanding Kannagi the AGI+50 doesn't make Hi good enough to beat other options.

I think offhand is situational from the following list:

1) Shigi - if you need the acc, this is king.

2) Kanaria - if you're not benefiting from Shigi acc. For Kanaria augments, DMG on offhand isn't nearly as important as it would be on mainhand. You'll really want relevant attribute for your WS of choice (i.e. AGI if you're a Kannagi user spamming Hi, DEX for Kikoku or Heishi), other stats like crit rate/dmg, acc and of course more DMG doesn't hurt.

3) Ochu - if you're MBing Ninjutsu a significant amount of the time. Good damage but I don't get it beating Kanaria from a purely physical damage perspective.

4) Aizushintogo - has a place if you're not capping delay reduction.

5) Kujaku+1 - for non-Nagi users in particular, phenomenal when you're more concerned about starting SCs than your damage (i.e. you're opening SCs for mages). Obviously availability may be an issue for many people though. I got one of these as a fancy toy for a fairly reasonable price from a crafter on my server, and it's really fun to play around with - had a great CP party with a BLU SC partner and mage backline, doing Hi > CdC (Darkness) > Metsu (Darkness).

One other note: I can't get Taka ever being beating my augmented offhand Kanaria, though it's pretty good and is at least an acceptable alternative. Honestly though, if you can get Taka you should be able to make a better Kanaria.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-20 09:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response! I need to work on getting a few more Kanaria since one of mine was eaten up with a TH2 augment which I don't particularly want to replace at the moment. My other Kanaria is DMG18 / Acc 20 / TA 1; I feel that should be pretty safe to replace at this point.

I'm currently using Ochu for normal situations and Shigi for high evasion fights. I should go ahead and augment my Aizushintogo since it seems like it may be useful when I'm not delay capped with magic and work more on some Kanaria.

Ninja weapons seems so much more situational than other jobs' it almost makes my head hurt when trying to figure out what to use.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-03-21 17:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anybody mind sharing their Ninja lua for GearSwap? I'm new to the program and the one I see on BG looks like it's quite outdated and possibly missing a lot of utility brought upon with the newer gear.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-04 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

SO what riesenjima nms have you all soloed? I keep trying selkit but i cant seem to keep hate off trusts due to the hate reset every move. Staying alive myself is a non issue, but they all go down then im left solo lol... doesnt happen fast i just dont know what to do to keep him planted on me... is it luck based?

I am trying to find a good way to solo up some gil while having fun and the stones seemed like a good idea (im half way to afterglowing my kik). Any ideas?
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-05 00:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Use a tank trust and avoid using healer npcs that run out of range cause if hate reset happens alot, you'd have to deal with alot of moving around.

I haven't tried soloing any of them because I was rolling around with 2 geo mules and just burn through most of them.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-04-05 01:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-04-05 10:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

do we know yet if it stacks with feet?
By Arcto 2016-04-05 11:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably going to be my first cape. Torn between SMN and NIN atm..
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-04-05 11:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bet it does.
Ran spreadsheet and str/acc/att/da is so awesome for tp phase, and it's actually pretty good for many ws too.
Dex/acc/att/da is clearly better for shun but the difference isn't huge.

Agi/acc/att/wsd provides an insane boost to blade hi instead. I mean INSANE.

If you're looking for an inventory saving compromise those should be the best.
If you don't then plenty of other situational capes you can get, including a nice enmity/hp/eva/meva tanking one.
By Arcto 2016-04-05 14:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does stp fall into play with a very high TA oriented setup?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2016-04-05 15:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether this Utsu +1 stacks or not will influence my choice on capes for sure.
 Asura.Auburn
By Asura.Auburn 2016-04-05 17:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious as to what the Mikage +5 entails. I'd imagine it's either duration or damage%. Or perhaps it would assume +5 shadows even with none up, which would make Mikage always good!
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2016-04-05 19:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

San had 7 shadows, so it does stack btw.
[+]
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-04-07 21:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have this set in my Gearswap:

sets.midcast.Utsusemi = set_combine(sets.midcast.Ninjutsu, {hands="Mochizuki Tekko +1", back="Andartia's Mantle", feet="Iga Kyahan +2"})

however when I do showswaps true, it will equip the gear for Utsu Ni, but not Utsu San

Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-04-07 21:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have this set in my Gearswap:

sets.midcast.Utsusemi = set_combine(sets.midcast.Ninjutsu, {hands="Mochizuki Tekko +1", back="Andartia's Mantle", feet="Iga Kyahan +2"})

however when I do showswaps true, it will equip the gear for Utsu Ni, but not Utsu San

Is anyone else having this issue or am I missing something?

Maybe your resources aren't updating?

Check C:\Program Files\Windower4\res\spells.lua. You should have this line just below Ni.
Code
    [340] = {id=340,en="Utsusemi: San",ja="空蝉の術:参",cast_time=0.5,duration=900,element=2,icon_id=-1,icon_id_nq=26,levels={[13]=100},mp_cost=0,prefix="/ninjutsu",range=0,recast=60,recast_id=340,requirements=0,skill=39,targets=1,type="Ninjutsu"},
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-04-07 21:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

No that line is there, would it be possible to add an additional line under Utsusemi to be like Equip.Midcast.340?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2016-04-07 21:44:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No that line is there, would it be possible to add an additional line under Utsusemi to be like Equip.Midcast.340?

No, don't do that.

You are probably using Mote's libs. Check under Windower4\addons\GearSwap\libs\Mote-Mappings.lua line 181.

It should look like this.
Code
    ['Utsusemi: Ichi']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: Ni']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: San']='Utsusemi',
 Asura.Gotenn
By Asura.Gotenn 2016-04-07 21:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It said:
['Utsusemi: Ichi']='Utsusemi',['Utsusemi: Ni']='Utsusemi',

I replaced it with what you had.

Thanks a bunch!
[+]
By kazekostryge 2016-04-08 12:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated QQ hi set. i must not be gearing it properly because i have blade ten beating it considerably. the weaponskill is just very inconsistent for me
By Elazar1 2016-04-08 12:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

kazekostryge said: »
Anyone have an updated QQ hi set. i must not be gearing it properly because i have blade ten beating it considerably. the weaponskill is just very inconsistent for me
welcome to blade-hi.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 253 254 255