The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 253 254 255
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-03 07:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And for Isgebind on Nin? Killable as Nin/war or better off with a better survavibility sub? Or just Rune fencer it?
By Santi 2014-08-03 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have support, NIN/WAR is fine. If no support, you'd probably want to mess with some atmas and change sub. I'm not sure if ilvl will complete negate his spells.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2014-08-03 15:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Might want to consider sub rune fencer for ignis + valliation and barspells. Can utsu away spike flail if you arent hit with an ill timed aga spell right before and abuse innin too.

Sub war ftw if you have anyone to cure you.

Also at 119 abyssea anything is a joke. Only gimmick nms will give you trouble and isgebind isnt one of them.
By playzthegame 2014-08-03 16:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hyunkyl I was able to complete the 75 ISegbind horns using nin/war fairly easily. I used RR, Mouunted Champion, and Frozen fetters. Just fulltime magic evasion, mdt, pdt set. I did die a few times over the course of getting 75 items but overall it was the fastest method, farming gold boxes when trigger NM wasnt up.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-04 02:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
As much as I'm Fast Cast addict like Llewelyn, Santi does have a point. Once you get Ichi below the average mob delay(which I think is 3.5 seconds IIRC), any extra lowered casting delay isn't nearly as important.
Wes but it's NINJUTSU fast cast, not UTSUSEMI fast cast.
Gonna be useful for those (rare?) situations where you have to cast Ichi spells

Overall it's a nice category. It's just that it's totally not worth the effort, but that goes for 99% of JPs with the current CP gain rates so it's not like it's a NIN issue =/
 Asura.Twignberries
By Asura.Twignberries 2014-08-04 14:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Give us a boost to innin that increases crit damage when hitting from behind. Make it a jp category that gives 1% crit damage per point.

This fast cast is nice but nothing that is gonna be game breaking, sadly...
[+]
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2014-08-04 14:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Cerberus.Mirlikovir
Server: Cerberus
user: eoz41
By Cerberus.Mirlikovir 2014-08-05 03:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi san, with the ability to absorb -ga spell and special move. It would let nin come back on today's events.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-05 03:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think job points were ever intended as a way to give massive adjustments to any job. While there are a handful of really nice ones, it looks to me like these are small bonuses to give a little nod to people who spend a lot of time on a job. Stuff like Utsusemi: San or major adjustments to things like Innin seem beyond the scope of job points, that kind of stuff is simply in the realm of job adjustments.

Thinking of it as just a small bonus to give you a tiny edge, ninjutsu recast time sounds pretty nice to me. While it's certainly not a radical job changing adjustment, reducing stuff like Migawari, Yurin, Aisha, and Utsu: Ichi is at least a something I won't feel bad about spending points on. As opposed to garbage like Mijin doing a few dozen more damage...
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-05 05:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
to people who spend a lot of time on a job.
A lot of time afk leeching/botting, you mean :P
On a serious note, I completely agree with you but this doesn't change the fact that:
1) Those "small bonuses" will kinda become "noticeable bonuses" once they unlock the cap from 10 to 30
2) There are too few events/stuff where you get CP from
3) The CP gain rate is obnoxious atm

Leaving this topic aside, I read the notes for the august the 12th patch. Seems like we're getting a new Katana from Mugyinwa. Kinda think it's going to be delve-version of the Colkhab katana added last patch.
Yai for us?
Kinda depends on the stats of course, but I won't say no to a new easy to obtain ilevel 119 Katana.
I'm glad I still didn't throw 6 Airlixirs +2 into my Isuka yet!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-05 13:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Will indeed be interesting to see how Raim/Isuka/Muyingwa katana stack up. Every other 1h Delve boss weapon (for DD jobs, so dagger/sword/axe) still holds up as a staple even for RME THF/DNC/BLU/BST. So it wouldn't be shocking to see this new Ceizak katana do the same.

Regardless of mainhand, seems likely that an OAT/crit Taikogane will still remain the best offhand for any content where acc isn't needed (with the exception of Senkutanto in reives). Same pattern as the other 1h weapons.

Also, looks like this might be some kind of acknowledgement of no forthcoming 7th Delve or WKR. Both the storyline and the conspicuous absence of katana/gun from boss weapons seemed to gie some support of a 7th. But now with adding katana to WKR/Delve, I can't help but wonder if 7 were originally planned and those plans changed more recently. The COR in me is a little pissed that it's the ONLY job left with no Delve boss weapon (no WKR/Delve boss gun, COR isn't on Izhiikoh)...
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-05 14:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Will indeed be interesting to see how Raim/Isuka/Muyingwa katana stack up. Every other 1h Delve boss weapon (for DD jobs, so dagger/sword/axe) still holds up as a staple even for RME THF/DNC/BLU/BST. So it wouldn't be shocking to see this new Ceizak katana do the same.

Regardless of mainhand, seems likely that an OAT/crit Taikogane will still remain the best offhand for any content where acc isn't needed (with the exception of Senkutanto in reives). Same pattern as the other 1h weapons.

Also, looks like this might be some kind of acknowledgement of no forthcoming 7th Delve or WKR. Both the storyline and the conspicuous absence of katana/gun from boss weapons seemed to gie some support of a 7th. But now with adding katana to WKR/Delve, I can't help but wonder if 7 were originally planned and those plans changed more recently. The COR in me is a little pissed that it's the ONLY job left with no Delve boss weapon (no WKR/Delve boss gun, COR isn't on Izhiikoh)...
That has nothing to do with the thought of being 7 naakuls... It straight up says there is 7 on the SoA website... It will probably be in inner ra'kaznar
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-05 17:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Drewbles said: »
That has nothing to do with the thought of being 7 naakuls... It straight up says there is 7 on the SoA website... It will probably be in inner ra'kaznar

Not to get into story spoilers for those who aren't up to date with the missions, but:

1) Yes, there are 7 naakuals. That's referenced many times in the lore, and even in stuff like the RoE WKR key item redemption choice (talking about the SEVEN treasures when you only have to turn in 6/6)

2) MILD SPOILERS: No, that doesn't necessarily mean all 7 will get a WKR/Delve version. 7th Naakual might show up in the mission storyline, maybe we don't fight it at all, etc. Who knows, maybe we will indeed get a new zone with a WKR and Delve - maybe it's not even Inner Raz.

3) Regardless of how it plays out, certainly not crazy to think that maybe 7 were planned at some point. Between (a) each boss dropping 2-3 weapon types, (b) Gun/Katana being the only two unaccounted for types, and (c) knowing there are seven Naakuals from the lore... well, that's not a massive leap in logic to think a 7th Naakual that drops Gun/Katana would be plausible.

But maybe plans changed. Delve was originally released staggered in stages anyway, and player reaction to Delve 1.0 was pretty controversial, followed by a longer delay until 2.0 zones than most probably would have anticipated. Adding Katana to WKR/Delve now might be correcting an oversight, or might be adjusting things to account for changes in development plans.
By gdiShun 2014-08-05 19:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The box art has all the Naakuals. The 7th looks like a dragon maybe. Although there's also a viper thing slightly north of Kumhau and just random monsters all around the box. Thought Kumhau was going to be a badass polar bear. Was slightly disappointed by the lion. lol.
 Ragnarok.Drewbles
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tedril
By Ragnarok.Drewbles 2014-08-05 19:14:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to get into story spoilers for those who aren't up to date with the missions, but:

1) Yes, there are 7 naakuals. That's referenced many times in the lore, and even in stuff like the RoE WKR key item redemption choice (talking about the SEVEN treasures when you only have to turn in 6/6)

2) MILD SPOILERS: No, that doesn't necessarily mean all 7 will get a WKR/Delve version. 7th Naakual might show up in the mission storyline, maybe we don't fight it at all, etc. Who knows, maybe we will indeed get a new zone with a WKR and Delve - maybe it's not even Inner Raz.

3) Regardless of how it plays out, certainly not crazy to think that maybe 7 were planned at some point. Between (a) each boss dropping 2-3 weapon types, (b) Gun/Katana being the only two unaccounted for types, and (c) knowing there are seven Naakuals from the lore... well, that's not a massive leap in logic to think a 7th Naakual that drops Gun/Katana would be plausible.

But maybe plans changed. Delve was originally released staggered in stages anyway, and player reaction to Delve 1.0 was pretty controversial, followed by a longer delay until 2.0 zones than most probably would have anticipated. Adding Katana to WKR/Delve now might be correcting an oversight, or might be adjusting things to account for changes in development plans.
No, they are currently working on ilevel increase having just finished a few side grade updates. So the new actual new content will be following. Which will for now be an ilevel increase then hard content again so that the newbs can beat up on delve 2.0 for a little while.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2014-08-06 01:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
The box art has all the Naakuals. The 7th looks like a dragon maybe. Although there's also a viper thing slightly north of Kumhau and just random monsters all around the box. Thought Kumhau was going to be a badass polar bear. Was slightly disappointed by the lion. lol.
No, the 7th Naakual is called Xol the Deathborne and is an amorph, the "master" of Umbrils.

The white/light wyrm you are referring to is another character and we've already seen him in cutscenes.

There undboutely is a 7th Naakual, he gets mentioned many, many, many times in cutscenes.
The thing is that it's highly unlikely (for story reasons, if you did all cs you know what I'm talking of) that he's going to be a Wildkeeper reive fight.
He might be a CS only character or something to fight in a story BC or something unique.
Very very unlikely he'll be a WKR.
[+]
By gdiShun 2014-08-06 01:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah. My mistake. I like to save the main missions until they're completed. :x
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-07 15:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

No, they are currently working on ilevel increase having just finished a few side grade updates. So the new actual new content will be following. Which will for now be an ilevel increase then hard content again so that the newbs can beat up on delve 2.0 for a little while.

I'm not debating that there will eventually be higher level content. But I do doubt that a WKR/Delve version of the 7th Naakual will arrive. If you've done all of the currently available Adoulin missions, you'll know that it doesn't seem to be supported by the storyline.

The possibility of one more Naakual in the same mold as the existing WKR/Delve bosses also seemed more realistic from a logical design perspective when there were two weapon types (katana/gun) conspicuously absent from the existing Naakual drops, and each of the existing Naakuals dropped 2-3 weapon types. S-E revisiting drop pools and inserting katanas in Ceizak seems like possible evidence that maybe that was once the development plan and it was scrapped somewhere along the way.

Slightly off topic, but I also have a bit of a feeling that 119 ilevel cap is going to remain the max for a little longer than some people think - I get the impression that S-E is happy to let us live in sidegrade-land for a while longer (much like the years of 75 cap) before shaking things up. Maybe even through the conclusion of the Adoulin expansion storyline and events like Skirmish, and then use a bump in iLevel and reforged Empyrean armor as a major part of the first wave of post-Adoulin content.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-07 15:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
is an amorph, the "master" of Umbrils.
This is complete speculation on your part, it was said nowhere. In fact most believe the jester caturae to be it.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-07 15:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
is an amorph, the "master" of Umbrils.
This is complete speculation on your part, it was said nowhere. In fact most believe the jester caturae to be it.

Yeah, I think the 7th Naakual is something else (not Xol or Hades), and I have my theory... Not going to get any more into storyline theories/spoilers now though :) Perhaps we'll learn more this round of new missions!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-08-07 15:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The name Xol is confirmed lol, just not who or what it is.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-08-08 09:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Ninjas!

I've been thinking about gearing Nin recently, more for solo/low man stuff when I don't want to play thf/I'm not needed for TH.

What would be the best katanas to aim for at this stage of the game? Is Kikoku worth making? Is Blade:metsu a decent ws?

Also what ws is best until I unlock blade: Hi?

Thanks in advance and to the OP for the gear set advice
 Asura.Truckie
user: Washburn
By Asura.Truckie 2014-08-08 10:00:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Dear Ninjas!

I've been thinking about gearing Nin recently, more for solo/low man stuff when I don't want to play thf/I'm not needed for TH.

What would be the best katanas to aim for at this stage of the game? Is Kikoku worth making? Is Blade:metsu a decent ws?

Also what ws is best until I unlock blade: Hi?

Thanks in advance and to the OP for the gear set advice

Weigh your decision on katanas off of how much you plan to use it and what you're using it on. A new katana is being added to the drop pool of Muyingwa. I'd wait til the update to see how that fairs against current options, but Kikoku is a lot better than it used to be now that you can use Blade: Hi. Metsu is still lack luster due to all the subtle blow on gear and being able to use yurin / myoshu.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2014-08-08 11:28:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh cool didn't know about new boss katana - thanks Truckie.

I'll wait and see what its like. My problem is I don't like playing a job much if it hasn't got atleast a relic lol so as long as kikoku is a decent main hand option
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-10 13:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Oh cool didn't know about new boss katana - thanks Truckie.

I'll wait and see what its like. My problem is I don't like playing a job much if it hasn't got atleast a relic lol so as long as kikoku is a decent main hand option

Kikoku is an excellent mainhand option. Kikoku 119 and Kannagi 119 are easily the two best main hand options, depending on situation one or the other will come out ahead (Kannagi relies more on keeping up aftermath). I doubt the new Delve boss/119 katana will displace them.

Kikoku is also a lot cheaper than Kannagi these days, thanks to HMP/Riftdross being more costly than Dyna currency (not to mention if you're starting from scratch, the Abyssea NMs for Empy take a while - especially the annoying 85-90 75x Apademak Horn trial).

Blade: Hi would be your go-to WS on both though. Metsu's not awful with the updates and did get a decent bump in damage, but it's still generally 2nd place WS for Kikoku.

A few other comments:

1) WKR katana (with OAT/crit) is likely best offhand for ANY 119 mainhand any time you don't need major acc (i.e. basically always when solo). Loss of extra skill from ilvl 119 options more than made up for by the huge amout of OAT. You'd want a 119 choice for difficult/evasive content: currently something like Raimitsukane or JSE katana, but new Delve boss katana seems like it will likely have a good chance of fitting in here.

2) Kikoku's added effect: Paralysis is actually pretty useful for solo play.

3) While NIN is strong solo in general, it's super fun anywhere you can use Trusts: it's not that hard to cap delay reduction (-80% delay) just with Trust buffs! Haste spell, 2x Marches (even +0), and Mumor's Haste Samba give some nice options, along with NIN's copious amounts of DW gear. You can even hit cap WITHOUT haste spell (though that obviously requires a heavier DW set).
[+]
By Refia1 2014-08-10 17:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't Ptcia headgear better than af3+2 helm for DW needs? It's same DW but has crit rate+ and ilevel stats.
By gdiShun 2014-08-10 17:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

EDIT: If you're talking about the OP, then I don't think that's been updated recently.
By Refia1 2014-08-10 17:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

thnx, maybe OP quit updating xD
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-10 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, OP is slightly out of date (but not by much). Ptica completely replaces Iga+2. If acc is not an issue, Ptica does lose to Felistris if you're capping delay reduction though. Not very hard to do these days with all the DW stuff we get + marches, haste/haste II, etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 253 254 255