New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 253 254 255
By Genkai 2014-07-17 19:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Can somebody create a decent ACC/Evasion set for ninja to use when doing Merit points battles on normal.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2014-07-18 04:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja getting HP Boost V next patch.
o.O
Not that I'm gonna complain, but it's a surprising change, a welcome one, but alas one that I doubt it's gonna do wonders for what Ninja really needs.
 Asura.Twignberries
Server: Asura
By Asura.Twignberries 2014-07-18 06:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm I'll gladly take some extra base hp.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-18 07:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do you see that?
By Pantafernando 2014-07-18 07:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Where do you see that?

Dev tracker section in bg forum, that is extracted from official forum, response from general requests/sugestion, both in english or japanese when someone translate it and post in bg forum.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-07-18 07:34:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ok, must just be on the JP tracker, since it takes a week for SE to translate to NA.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-18 11:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quite a bit of NIN attention lately! Enmity spells in June, WKR katana this update (at least we got one of the nicest WKR weapons after being forgotten for so long), and more stuff coming in both August and September.

Max HP Bonus V should mean HP+240 at lv99. Pretty nice. They've also already mentioned changes to DW coming in September, including that adding further delay reduction past the cap won't negatively impact TP/hit.

And they previously talked about throwing/Sange for August, but now it looks like that's on target for September and later. From Kincard's post on BG:
Quote:
Ninja (7/18)
In regards to the use of throwing weapons and Sange, we have discussed this in the past, but we are discussing changing the use of shurikens in the September update. After that we will discuss changes in Sange. We first wish to see what effect adding new throwing weapons will have.

While I'm always skeptical on anything regarding throwing, sounds like this may be a more substantial change than just
tossing us some shurikens that won't be worth using. Perhaps they'll finally give up on making them expendable and give some decent stats and a reason to Sange...

May have to take out Sakura and go skill up with some Chakram lol. And OMG, might have to merit Sange!
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2014-07-18 12:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326173 this is the best ACC/EVA set i could make with the gear that i have.
By Pantafernando 2014-07-18 15:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Why people always neglect anguinus belt? That belt beat most acc waist options when haste is capped, and normally is hard not to cap haste.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-18 15:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Lilmartio said: »
ItemSet 326173 this is the best ACC/EVA set i could make with the gear that i have.

1) Any Acc/Eva set discussion needs to include Ej Necklace.

2) Anguinus beats Hurch'lan as an Acc piece if you're capping haste from other slots (thought I see a lot of people use Hurch without paying attention). Same Acc, but additional Atk+15/DA+1% on Anguinus. Not sure exactly how it falls if you're hitting 25% haste from listed stats outside of Adoulin/Ionis areas (and therefore maybe slightly under capped haste). Most builds you can pretty easily cap haste without belt slot though, of if you're well buffed (good Marches/haste) you may well be at delay reduction cap even if you're slightly uncapped on haste.

3) If you're giving up one ring slot for acc and/or eva, give up Rajas and keep Epona. Epona is about the last thing you want to trade out. Even in something like a mega-acc set like what I use for Yorcia mandy NM with Acc in every other slot, I leave Epona alone.

Other nice eva/acc hybrid options for NIN:
- Kaabnax Trousers (particularly with AGI+8 augment, which is also current best Blade:Hi legs)
- Ighwa legs are also nice
- Qaaxo path B, really any piece in the set is reasonable enough for a mix of eva/acc (and PDT- if you ever take hits).
[+]
By Lilmartio 2014-07-23 18:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 326173
Is this an improvement? And also what augments are people putting on Taikogane? I'm seeing a lot people with Crit Rate+4.
By Genkai 2014-07-24 01:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

4% crit and Occ.atk. twice! Nothing else. No question ask! XD
By gdiShun 2014-07-24 12:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends. In general, high buffs = Crit rate, low/no buffs = Attack from what I can tell with the spreadsheet. Although accuracy and possibly WS damage could also be worth looking into depending on what you use NIN for, etc.

I'm curious. I remember back during the Senju/Fudo days, it was believed that Crit Rate on weapons only effected the weapon it was on. Like Senju/Fudo didn't give you Crit+9% but actually only about Crit+4.5%(Half of both added together). Was this ever proven or just speculation?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-07-24 12:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Ninja getting HP Boost V next patch.
o.O
Not that I'm gonna complain, but it's a surprising change, a welcome one, but alas one that I doubt it's gonna do wonders for what Ninja really needs.
HP buff = Mijin Gakure buff = Nagi buff

SE buffs Nagi!, news at 11
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-07-24 12:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

gdiShun said: »
It depends. In general, high buffs = Crit rate, low/no buffs = Attack from what I can tell with the spreadsheet. Although accuracy and possibly WS damage could also be worth looking into depending on what you use NIN for, etc.

I'm curious. I remember back during the Senju/Fudo days, it was believed that Crit Rate on weapons only effected the weapon it was on. Like Senju/Fudo didn't give you Crit+9% but actually only about Crit+4.5%(Half of both added together). Was this ever proven or just speculation?

It was proven, but post-75 weapons with +crit rate do apply to both hands.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-07-24 16:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilmartio said: »
ItemSet 326173
Is this an improvement? And also what augments are people putting on Taikogane? I'm seeing a lot people with Crit Rate+4.

That's pretty solid. Any changes would be pretty minor:

- If you don't have Qaaxo hands path A, Umuthi are a little better (same base Eva, Umuthi have DEX+4/Acc+3 base stats). Obviously Qaaxo A are better evasion, Qaaxo B better acc.

- Could split earring set for more Acc or Eva. Depending on buffs you may be capping delay reduction without DW+7 from ear set (so even if you didn't go with Acc/Eva, something like DA+7 set or Brutal/Trux might be preferable)

- Could change ammo/ranged for whatever Acc/Eva option you like. Ginsen, Jukukik, etc.

- Depending on buffs (and need for haste/DW), couple leg alternatives may be better: Ighwa or Kaabnax. Hachiya+1 are certainly reasonable though.

The more fundamental question is whether you're really in many situations where you actually need both Acc and Eva. Anything you'd want to solo and that's probably Acc overkill (and likely Eva overkill too, since there's a good chance you cap or come reasonably close with other iLevel DD-focused options). Any time you actually need the Acc, you're likely in a group and it's questionable whether you're really getting a ton out of extra Eva. Either (a) if you're tanking, you might be fine on Utsu recast even without more Evasion (and evasion may not even help on spells/TP moves that strip shadows regardless of evasion), or (b) if someone else is tanking you'd probably be better off with more Atk/DA/whatever other DD stats.

However, it IS nice to have an Acc build ready, and it just so happens that a lot of our excellent Acc pieces also have great evasion. I find that more of a happy coincidence though, and I'd choose those pieces almost entirely due to wanting a heavy Acc set and not because of their evasion or Eva/Acc combo. Just so happens that our current great Acc set options happen to overlap with great Eva.

Genkai said: »
4% crit and Occ.atk. twice! Nothing else. No question ask! XD

Definitely. Basically the best default offhand regardless of main, including RME. You'd swap out for a different offhand in the following situations:

- Need lots of Acc? 119 offhand, like RME/Raimitsukane or Raim/IsukaB. Maybe throw Chidori in here too.

- Shigi for Ninjutsu recast (say, soloing something where you really want to keep shadows up and having a hard time on timers, or spamming Ninjutsu in VW)

- Senkutanto any time you're in a Reive
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2014-07-26 13:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Crit Hit Damage +2% not a better choice? So far on my spreadsheet I have Crit Hit Damage +2% beating Crit Hit Rate +4%.
By kenshynofshiva 2014-07-26 13:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems something wrong unless your crit rate is already insane need to crit first before crit damage helps at all.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-08-01 13:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninjutsu Accuracy Bonus: Increases ninjutsu accuracy. Increase ninjutsu accuracy by 1.

Ninjutsu Cast Time: Reduces casting time of ninjutsu. Reduce casting time by 1 percent.

Well I'll be damned... I'm actually going to have to grind some CP on NIN. Utsusemi Cast Time- is a pretty nice job point enhancement...
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-01 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yar, I'm excited about that, too. NIN really gets shafted on Fast Cast gear, so this is welcome.
By Santi 2014-08-02 00:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

With current gear it's utsusemi:ichi already casts in how many seconds?

Assuming you cap at 10 upgrades, 10% reduction... If you cast ichi in 4 seconds currently. That's a lot of JP for almost nothing. Let's not even talk about elemental ichi, who casts that?

And with the ninjutsu accuracy, when do nin enfeeble anything? In any content where enfeebling matters, you'd have an actual Mage who's spells are more potent, let alone have a nin in the ally.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-02 00:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Santi said: »
With current gear it's utsusemi:ichi already casts in how many seconds?

Assuming you cap at 10 upgrades, 10% reduction... If you cast ichi in 4 seconds currently. That's a lot of JP for almost nothing. Let's not even talk about elemental ichi, who casts that?

And with the ninjutsu accuracy, when do nin enfeeble anything? In any content where enfeebling matters, you'd have an actual Mage who's spells are more potent, let alone have a nin in the ally.

i have done AAs on nin, and land debuffs on them. Aisha and Yurin help some.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-02 00:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm simply a Fast Cast addict~
[+]
By Santi 2014-08-02 03:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

i have done AAs on nin, and land debuffs on them. Aisha and Yurin help some.

Yeah, I have too... Just saying, the new JP categories are kind of lame.
By gdiShun 2014-08-02 12:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as I'm Fast Cast addict like Llewelyn, Santi does have a point. Once you get Ichi below the average mob delay(which I think is 3.5 seconds IIRC), any extra lowered casting delay isn't nearly as important.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2014-08-02 12:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to finish my Isgebind's Heart (16/75) for Wildfire access, how does NIN fare against him now? Nin/war for 13 or 14/15 red triggers or go /dnc or /run for more survability/less triggers? Would use 4/5 Otronif+1 mostly...

On the same path, how does Nin fare against Orthrus and Apademak? Would need 73 claws and 148 wings unless I just use my money to go fast path WoE and leave Ukon/Kannagi/Almace at 85...
By Santi 2014-08-02 13:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hyunkyl said: »
Looking to finish my Isgebind's Heart (16/75) for Wildfire access, how does NIN fare against him now? Nin/war for 13 or 14/15 red triggers or go /dnc or /run for more survability/less triggers? Would use 4/5 Otronif+1 mostly...

On the same path, how does Nin fare against Orthrus and Apademak? Would need 73 claws and 148 wings unless I just use my money to go fast path WoE and leave Ukon/Kannagi/Almace at 85...

If you aren't going to 99 any of those weapons, you're better off going the WoE path. You can get liminal/dice from login points or just buy them. The time you spend getting ki and killing one at a time can be better spent farming something else like dynamis or salvage to pay for liminal/dice.
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2014-08-02 14:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do yourself a favor and just go the WoE path.
[+]
By Chyula 2014-08-02 15:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ice said: »

Do yourself a favor and just go the WoE path.

Don't listen to them, its obviously for the extra AGI mod when you spam that dagger ws.
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 253 254 255