A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 99 100 101
 Sylph.Gobbo
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2016-10-10 11:36:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it doesn't help that Regen armor is all additive.
 Cerberus.Lemuel
Server: Cerberus
user: tyalangan
By Cerberus.Lemuel 2016-10-10 15:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Gobbo said: »
It's not a +20s boost, it's a x1.2 boost after any additive stuff.

Base: 90s
Dark Arts: 170s
JPs: +60s
Tabula Rasa: +40s

For a delicious max of 324s.

So, by this, even if you aren't fully maxed 10k then duration cape would be best for overall dot?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-10 16:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Situational depending on the fight and your goals and the windows to recast helix.
 Asura.Seriweri
Server: Asura
user: seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-12 03:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

seriweri said: »
my to-do list

short-term (as in, today):
- toss gil at merlinic legs and get them to like 30+/30+ with at least 3% burst so I can rotate locus ring out of my mb set
- get coeus (not horrible to have for an enfeebling set too I guess)
- get empy hands
-get shivas (or +1, depending on budget)
- get telchine body

mid-term (rest of the week? w)
- get refoccilation stone
- get an ammo that is better than witchstone
- reroll grioavolr
- get bookworm with regen potency
- cap telchine augments on all pieces
- reroll chironic hands to mucho macc/mab
- get chironic feet and roll good damage augs (sabotender drop, never tried to solo it, can it be helix zombied?)

I´m getting close to being done with my list barring getting capped enhancing duration augments (they range from +7 to +10 currently but I ran out of gil), didn´t reroll grioavolr yet either. a second shiva +1 will be my next purchase after I un-broke myself, and ghastly tathlum will have to do until I get some pops for the reisenjima one. I guess I´ll want chironic legs too, tho I forgot to list them.

thanks tyche for telling me just to give sabotender a try... it turned out to be ridiculously smooth with august/aaev/mnejing as tank overkill, he didn´t even use ??? needles and I got the drop on first try too.

I didn´t have that much luck on refoccilation stone tho, I had 1 (one!) warder of hope pop on chain #164 killing only phuabo yesterday, and it didn´t drop of course, argh.

I´m kinda disappointed by empy head +1, when I tested it, I had to wear it during cast and not only for ebuillence use, which is a damage increase on ronfaure rabbits but hurts my m.acc big time. are you guys using it?
 Asura.Seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-12 05:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding helix damage - consensus is, mb for 10k and you´re fine. does that include geo buffs, or complete solo mode? because with self buffs and my not-so-bad-anymore gear, the most I can get is around 9800 mb pyrohelix2 with ebullience (this is on ceizak mandragora, anything weaker than that just dies to the skillchain already)...
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-10-12 06:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. That's counting geo buffs for MAB and Magic Def Down
 Asura.Seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-12 06:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I´m relieved lol
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-12 07:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I didn´t have that much luck on refoccilation stone tho, I had 1 (one!) warder of hope pop on chain #164 killing only phuabo yesterday, and it didn´t drop of course, argh.

From my experience you may NOT 1 shot the enemies. This will prevent the NMs from having a chance to pop. It's pretty annoying.

And as Snprphnx mentioned the 10k includes pretty much any buff/trick you can get your hands on. Impact, Shattersoul, StarSybil, Food, current day, human buff slaves, Arcielle buffs and whatnot.

At around the point Merlinic head came out Arbatel Bonnet +1 got outclassed in damage while Boots still stay strong. This is because the head only adds 15% on top of the already 20% of Ebullience instead of being a streight up 15% multiplier.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-12 08:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Soldier's drink is your biggest friend in Escha zones for a monster helix

you can self-skillchain ebullience+ soldier's drink, (they stack), and land *helix2 if your fastcast gear is respectable

Here is an example:

This was back before Lugh's as well, and before 100% confirmation on the 10k tocs, was just trying to see what I could do on a high level NM
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-12 19:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
From my experience you may NOT 1 shot the enemies. This will prevent the NMs from having a chance to pop. It's pretty annoying.
I regularly AoE cleave on BLU to pop Warders. No offensive actions are performed beforehand when I cleave the Z'dei and Phuabo and 1-shot with Tenebral Crush. What I have noticed, though, is that if you're cleaving and someone else had hate at the time of their death, they are the ones that determine the chance of the NM popping. When I go cleaving in Reisenjima with a Mollifier, mobs that were targetting my mules on /follow that weren't holding Mollifiers will occasionally pop an NM.

On a related note, I've never gotten an NM to pop that I 1-shotted while they were completely idle and had no enmity built on anyone. I guess this could be what you meant in that you can't 1-shot an idled mob, which is commonly done on jobs like SCH and BLM.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-10-12 20:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that is what I ment. 1shot enemy from unclaimed to dead. Same mechanics that prevents you from gaining lights in abyssea. I'm not 100% on that is how it works, more input welcome.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-10-12 23:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Yeah that is what I ment. 1shot enemy from unclaimed to dead. Same mechanics that prevents you from gaining lights in abyssea. I'm not 100% on that is how it works, more input welcome.
Hate mechanics maybe.
 Asura.Seriweri
By Asura.Seriweri 2016-10-13 06:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I finally got the stone yesterday. I didn´t oneshot anything without having hate on either days tho, as I was using thf to autoattack phuabo to death... I guess I was just plain unlucky on the chain 164 pop.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2016-10-17 23:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Got enough to make a third sch ambuscade cape but not sure what to make. Any suggestions? Currently I have:

1) INT+20 MAB+10 MACC/DMG +20
2) INT+20 FC+10 MACC/DMG+20
By aigulfe 2016-10-18 20:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be curious about any further Ambuscade capes people think are viable. I'm a COR main but my main event job lately has been BLM. I am occasionally asked to come SCH. I have the first cape Kylos mentioned (pretty sure I stuck some dye on it also) and have a fast cast 10% cape also.

Is there another one to get?
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-10-18 21:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
2) INT+20 FC+10 MACC/DMG+20

Curious as to why you didn't put MND on that one instead of INT... for MND-based enfeebs.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-10-18 22:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm missing something why is everyone putting other augs on FC cape if that's all it's used for?
[+]
By Lyramion 2016-10-19 05:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

People using equipsets only with bad connections maybe
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-19 08:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can fairly easily cap FC without using Ambuscade back piece with a little effort with Fern stones on Merlinic. Then you can use the best quick magic piece available, Perimede Cape
ItemSet 347013
Head 15
Neck 5
Ear 1
Ear 2
Body 13
Hand 7
Ring 2
Waist 3
Leg 7
Feet 12
Total from Gear = 67
/RDM trait = 15

Total = 82
By Sabishii 2016-10-19 13:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the Arbatel Bonnet +1 worth using for Ebullience? It gives a potency bonus, but the piece itself doesn't actually have any MAB, MACC, etc. so I'm starting to think maybe to leave it out of my GS?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-10-19 14:18:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
Maybe I'm missing something why is everyone putting other augs on FC cape if that's all it's used for?
Unless you really want -enmity, I would think FC is the best 3rd stat for a debuff/drain/aspir m.acc cape. Haste maybe comparable, but you get pretty close to cap off the 5 main slots as is, it'd depend how much FC you have in your set. But, if you already have a FC cape, I'd say the difference is too small to worry about.
By Lyramion 2016-10-19 14:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sabishii said: »
Is the Arbatel Bonnet +1 worth using for Ebullience? It gives a potency bonus, but the piece itself doesn't actually have any MAB, MACC, etc. so I'm starting to think maybe to leave it out of my GS?

Leave it out. It's not good anymore for maxing damage with a half decent Merlinic head.

Reason:

- Arbatel Feet give a streight up 15% Multiplier with Klimaform
- Arbatel Bonnet only adds 15% ontop of the already 20% multiplier for Ebullience
 Lakshmi.Vadian
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Vadian 2016-10-20 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about Magic Burst...

Is the Magic Burst Bonus Job Trait cumulative?

For instance does this equal 21% MB for SCH?

I BLM45, SCH79, NIN80, RDM85, BLU78* +5% Magic Burst Damage
II BLM58, SCH89, NIN90, RDM95, BLU90* +7% Magic Burst Damage
III BLM71, SCH99, BLU99* +9% Magic Burst Damage
21% Total

Also, does this go against the 40% cap?

Just looking to see if I need to get 40% in gear or if I need to look at getting 19% in gear.
By Lyramion 2016-10-20 10:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Any gifts / traits are additive to other stuff and do NOT count towards the normal 40% gearcap.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-20 11:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lyramion said: »
Sabishii said: »

Leave it out. It's not good anymore for maxing damage with a half decent Merlinic head.

Reason:

- Arbatel Feet give a streight up 15% Multiplier with Klimaform
- Arbatel Bonnet only adds 15% ontop of the already 20% multiplier for Ebullience
Agreed. The feet are awesome with Klimaform/Weather
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-10-23 13:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

About to gear up SCH..I realize the intro to this guide is outdated. Would anyone know of an updated guide or could show me some item sets. I am a n00b at sch.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-10-24 13:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure here are some I use:
Enhancing Duration (with Perp)
ItemSet 347308
Fastcast
ItemSet 347013
Nuking
ItemSet 343188
Helix
ItemSet 341515
Magic Burst
ItemSet 343187
Enfeeble
ItemSet 347309

I have a toggle on my gearswaps to lock/unlock my Staff, most situations MP is not an issue so do not need to use Mykr. This allows Grio to come in for Enhancing duration/Enfeeble. Schah staff is better than Max aug Grio for Enhancing Duration if you have ability to get it.

Keep in mind a TON of power comes from Job Points just like BLM
[+]
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-10-25 08:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you :)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-10-25 09:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Tora wasn't it proved by the math formula that Helix benefit more from INT than Mab, compared to high tier spells where the situations is kinda the other way around?

With these days' gear it hardly matters since most pieces that have good mab are likely to have good INT as well, but for a couple of slots (like belt for instance!) there are good INT alternatives.
I remember Acuity Belt+1 has INT+13, wouldn't that be better than mab+10 from refoccilation stone, ruling Macc+4 out?
First Page 2 3 ... 51 52 53 ... 99 100 101