A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 99 100 101
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Carrotchan 2016-08-28 18:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocki said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Cap on Grio is 10. Cap on Gada is probably 5 (to avoid doing what you suggested and get +20 duration). Not completely sure on Gada cap, but that's the most me and a couple friends have seen.
I haven't seen more than 5 either, on Gada or Colada so I assume the 1 handed cap is 5.

Antisense said: »
Then Gada x2 +10 with everything else maxed out is the only way to get 13 minutes without 1 hr

195 seconds "base" with Lugh's cape and Telchine and 20/20 JP

2.55 Perpetuance multiplier

1.60 enhancing magic duration multiplier with 4/5 Telchine, Gada x2

195*2.55*1.60 = 795.6 => ~13 minutes, 15 seconds

If you can't get over +5 on Gada, then there is some other factor unaccounted for re: 13 minute duration

Is Coeus not 12%, but rather 12 seconds?
Took awhile but
[+]
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-08-29 17:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have quick question. In a lot of videos I see sch using 1 macro to perform a whole sc. How can I set my macros up like this?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-08-29 17:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ramsy said: »
So I have quick question. In a lot of videos I see sch using 1 macro to perform a whole sc. How can I set my macros up like this?
I use...

/ja "Immanence" <me> <wait 2>
/ma "Tier 1 Spell" <t> <wait 5>
/ma "Tier 1 Spell" <t>
/p Magic Burst Incoming. Cast now.
 Asura.Ramsy
user: Ramsy
By Asura.Ramsy 2016-08-29 17:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I use...

/ma "Tier 1 Spell" <t>
I never knew /wait worked at the end lol I've been using 2 macros this whole time
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-08-29 18:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I use...

/ma "Tier 1 Spell" <t>
I never knew /wait worked at the end lol I've been using 2 macros this whole time
It use to not, SE a few years ago made it so it could be added at the end to help players catch up to Spellcast Users. Update was that long ago. :P
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2016-08-31 11:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just coming back from about a 6 month break. I'm looking at making an Aeonic weapon. Is Khatvanga worth making at all? I currently already have a Tupsimati that I'm slowly upgrading to 119.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-31 11:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Khatvanga worth making at all?
No. It even sucks as a lockstyle.
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-08-31 14:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It even sucks as a lockstyle.

:p
By Afania 2016-08-31 14:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lygre said: »
It even sucks as a lockstyle.

:p

Considering massive amount of ppl owning Khatvanga I think something wrong with my fashion sense.

And here are ppl complaining about master trial light saber looks bad and not worth doing.
By Nocki 2016-08-31 14:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Khatvanga worth making at all?
No. It even sucks as a lockstyle.

I like my ice cream cone! =(
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-08-31 16:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
And here are ppl complaining about master trial light saber looks bad and not worth doing.
Sagasinger is the superior lightsaber.
[+]
 Valefor.Vardaman
Server: Valefor
user: Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2016-09-02 13:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone please show some evidence that the DT -4% (or even PDT -5%) augment exists for merlinic gear? Preferably not due to dark matter. Oseem is eating so many stones and I just want to know that it at least exists, ha.

I know that there are alternatives (eg augmented hagondes +1) but I'd love to have a DT -4% set (if it's possible).
 Odin.Lygre
user: Dylaudid
By Odin.Lygre 2016-09-02 15:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression DT cap for merlinic/chironic was -3% and -4% for pdt/mdt. All my experience and augments would support this. This of course disregards dark matter.
 Valefor.Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2016-09-02 18:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I was wondering if I've just unlucky because BG wiki's Oseem page lists -4% and -5% as possible for DT and PDT/MDT, but my experience matches yours. Darn. So I believed too hard, or that page is considering dark matter augments. Also darn.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-09-02 20:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So im sitting on MBD@48% before feet, so im wondering if i should use arbatel+1 or Jhakri+1? is that 2% gonna add up that much?
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2016-09-02 21:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Vardaman said: »
Could anyone please show some evidence that the DT -4% (or even PDT -5%) augment exists for merlinic gear? Preferably not due to dark matter. Oseem is eating so many stones and I just want to know that it at least exists, ha.

I know that there are alternatives (eg augmented hagondes +1) but I'd love to have a DT -4% set (if it's possible).

The augment is pretty rare, so you might want to also try getting both pdt and mdt on hagondes when the skirmish augment campaign is active (only mdt3 shown, but it is possible to get 4/4).

Edit: Found a pic of 4/4
[+]
 Valefor.Vardaman
By Valefor.Vardaman 2016-09-02 21:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you! I am now both very happy and very sad, ha. I've tried for the super hagondes +1 quite a few times as well, but haven't had any luck with that either. Here's hoping.
 Bahamut.Neb
Server: Bahamut
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2016-09-03 11:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
So im sitting on MBD@48% before feet, so im wondering if i should use arbatel+1 or Jhakri+1? is that 2% gonna add up that much?

Can you post your set so we can have a look and see where some swaps may be available. Tuff to tell if we dont know what you have in other slots
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-09-03 12:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Neb said: »

Can you post your set so we can have a look and see where some swaps may be available. Tuff to tell if we dont know what you have in other slots

derp i know better then that ._. was late for me lol

ItemSet 342492

augs are
Head: macc21 mab20 MBD7
Body: macc38 mab37 MBD6
legs: macc34 mab32 Mdamage10

ignore the cape i havent made a sch ambuscade cape yet. I also dont have a static earring i got an ethereal
By Nocki 2016-09-03 14:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 342492

augs are
Head: macc21 mab20 MBD7
Body: macc38 mab37 MBD6
legs: macc34 mab32 Mdamage10

Personally I think that to get the most out of everything you're best off using Arbatel Feet and then trying to get that 5-7 burst on pants slot so that you can use a Shiva +1 instead of Locus.
Also a couple other minor upgrades are Barkarole instead of Hecate's and Pemphredo Tathlum instead of that sachet.
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2016-09-03 14:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

get that 5-7 burst on pants slot

but to go with that where would you draw the line on lowest macc/mab to go along with that? (fully aware of targets/rest of gear etc) but more as a generalisation
By Nocki 2016-09-03 16:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ashtopcat said: »

but to go with that where would you draw the line on lowest macc/mab to go along with that? (fully aware of targets/rest of gear etc) but more as a generalisation
mab and macc above 20 + the appropriate amount of burst to reach 40% total is pretty safe. This is the threshold that I go by for my gear when looking at reisen helms, but my ls also only uses Idris GEOs so...
[+]
 Seraph.Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2016-09-03 21:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ashtopcat said: »

mab and macc above 20 + the appropriate amount of burst to reach 40% total is pretty safe. This is the threshold that I go by for my gear when looking at reisen helms, but my ls also only uses Idris GEOs so...

Thanks yeah I didn't know where to draw the line on macc/mab on legs for a new augment. tathlum and ammo is on my to do list I'll work on demand pants some more then~
By Sammeh 2016-09-10 13:24:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just coming back from about a 6 month break. I'm looking at making an Aeonic weapon. Is Khatvanga worth making at all? I currently already have a Tupsimati that I'm slowly upgrading to 119.

While the Tupsimati at 119 v3 is amazing (I don't have one); I *love* my Khatvanga. With enough physical ACC and a 3 hit WS I regularly land Shattersoul even on T3/T4's in Reisin (50%ish of the time) (-10Mdef on mob). The massive amount of +MDMG, Magic Acc Skill, and Occult Acumen, and Aftermath (up to 10% magic burst dmg over cap) make this Amazing. You get aftermath even if you miss WS; and with enough Occult Acumen you can easily get back 1500+ TP on "Impact". So prior to fights I usually do 2x of these and start fights off w/ a 3k Shattersoul, if it lands Great, if it doesn't (whatever) - the rest of the buffs are still awesome. The TP gain for Myrkr is amazing and the TP Bonus makes it absolutely amazing for Myrkr as well., Ddon't forget Myrkr also removes status debuffs which is awesome - it's not just for MP.
[+]
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2016-09-10 21:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

random question and i couldnt find the answer. Does the "grimoire: spellcasting time -x%" stat from relic head and AF feet break the fascast cap of 80% and does dark arts innate 10% also? hopefully someone knows. thanks in advance.
By Antisense 2016-09-11 01:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Those don't break the recast reduction cap of 80%, nor do they break the casting time reduction cap of 80% (75% being the nominal casting time in game with 0 casting time reduction and 15% being the apparent floor not counting Alacrity).

As for any caps on the Fast Cast effect on recast or casting time, there isn't conclusive evidence. Previous cure recast testing showed that the benefits of cure recast reduction may occur discretely or in "tiers" and for specific spells, so that would be a possible issue with Fast Cast testing for casting time.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2016-09-11 02:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The special part about "grimoire: spellcasting time -x%" is that it counts fully for recast purposes instead of half like fastcast.
 Odin.Ewellina
user: colway
By Odin.Ewellina 2016-09-11 03:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you for the answers, much apreciated.
By zerkles 2016-09-22 17:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Merlinic roll 40 MagAcc/Attk when rolling under Magic augments and using Taupe stones?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2016-09-22 18:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

zerkles said: »
Can Merlinic roll 40 MagAcc/Attk when rolling under Magic augments and using Taupe stones?
yes and +15INT. Happy rolling :)

edit: and +10MBD
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 99 100 101