Forum » FFXI » Valefor » Irdhcedl the AFK WHM
Irdhcedl the AFK WHM
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-07-15 12:27:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I do that. I like to log in and chat to friends while I play other games. Whats wrong with that?
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-07-15 12:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Do these people who afk in PJ have bazaars? Do you watch them 24/7? Who cares if they want to pay and not play >.> its their choice lol
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-07-15 12:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I strongly believe 24/7 Afkers are an ancient order conceived eons ago for the fulfillment of their dark Afking agenda. Seriously though I love those constant bazaar Afkers lol always get what I want in their bazaars.
[+]
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2012-07-15 12:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
I seen worse.. people afking almost 24/7 the entire month, @ port jeuno at the same spot (by AH stairs). I don't know why they keep paying monthly fee if they don't play. Fun thing is that they keep logging on and leaving their character afk after any maintenance.

There's this taru WAR/WHM that bazaars in Windurst Woods named Elckir. They've been there for years.
[+]
By Latifah 2012-07-15 12:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not Talking about bazaar players. But town gear people that feel mighty by showing their crap to everyone
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-07-15 12:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

It obviously had the intended effect if you're bitching about it. Again.. I ask.. who cares what other people do? >.>
[+]
By Latifah 2012-07-15 12:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just adding that up to the thread
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-07-15 13:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember elkcir from when I started playing, wow o_o
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-15 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

lollatifah
[+]
By Trinston 2012-07-15 23:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is very interesting stuff, now that I know the guy didn't off himself (like the rumor of his search comment said) I feel a little better that he's just a camping mule
 Carbuncle.Godismax
Server: Carbuncle
user: godismax
By Carbuncle.Godismax 2012-07-16 09:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Trinston said: »
This is very interesting stuff, now that I know the guy didn't off himself (like the rumor of his search comment said) I feel a little better that he's just a camping mule

outrageous, camping mules lives are just as valuable and important as a main chars 1. this kind of discrimination will only encourage the discrimination of more mules until they all off themselves ; ;
[+]
By Exadus20 2012-07-16 09:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ddbone said: »
I do that. I like to log in and chat to friends while I play other games. Whats wrong with that?

...No one asked you! =D
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-07-16 11:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Exadus20 said: »
Cerberus.Ddbone said: »

...No one asked you! =D

FORUM STALKER!
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-07-16 11:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I remember elkcir from when I started playing, wow o_o
Yup he is still there. Up till about a year ago i think, Queen was still there in south sandy by ah kneeling. I remember her from near NA ps2 launch
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-16 11:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
There's this taru WAR/WHM that bazaars in Windurst Woods named Elckir. They've been there for years.
Elkcir!!! <33
I started playing about 6 years ago, spawned in Windurst Woods and she was there, IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT SHE STILL IS TODAY!! Over the years me and my friends grew attached to her, now we always /wave when passing by. Her bazaar has never had anything even slightly worth buying, but it's so comforting to find her there. I once logged after maintenance and didn't find her, I almost had a heart attack :( she popped back few minutes later, to be there for us. In that spot. Forever.

We love you Elkcir.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-07-16 11:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
I seen worse.. people afking almost 24/7 the entire month, @ port jeuno at the same spot (by AH stairs). I don't know why they keep paying monthly fee if they don't play. Fun thing is that they keep logging on and leaving their character afk after any maintenance.

When the GoV and brown treasure caskets were released, he was in Zehrun Mines for a bit. I was shocked to see him outside of the path from MH to AH.
[+]
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-07-16 11:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Elkcir had a ton of Amphitere Hides bazaared right after Chelona Boots were introduced. I bought them all for like 2k apiece when they were 100k+ on the auction house.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2012-07-16 11:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Elkcir!!! <33
I started playing about 6 years ago, spawned in Windurst Woods and she was there, IN THE EXACT SAME SPOT SHE STILL IS TODAY!! Over the years me and my friends grew attached to her, now we always /wave when passing by. Her bazaar has never had anything even slightly worth buying, but it's so comforting to find her there. I once logged after maintenance and didn't find her, I almost had a heart attack :( she popped back few minutes later, to be there for us. In that spot. Forever.

We love you Elkcir.
Yes <3 Elkcir. There so much you can use her as a marker for directions.
[+]
By Axciom 2012-07-16 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Carby has a version of Elkcir, character's name is Ascii. He's been sitting in front of the entrance to Selbina since my first journey through the dunes (2006), and (last I checked) is still standing there to this day. Selling meat kabobs, level appropriate spells, weapons, gear, all at highway robbery prices.

4k per mithkabob ._.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-16 11:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir has Blauberger in Bastok - haven't checked in a while though. Does anyone know... if he's up? lol
By luckycharms1877 2012-07-16 12:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh lets not forget Potpot in S.Sandy i wonder what his main character is name
 Lakshmi.Mineyl
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mineyl
By Lakshmi.Mineyl 2012-07-16 12:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda had Nyaluru, an AFK Taru in Bastok Markets. I think she eventually went on to become a main character or something and was replaced with Nyarulu, who made it over in the Garuda > Lakshmi transfer. Both occupied the same spot for as long as I can remember (I started in January 2005) and Nyarulu continues to bazaar various subligaria for seven or eight figures.

There was another Taru who sat near where the synergy furnace in Bastok Markets is (near the fountain) who sold nothing but fireworks and even had the bazaar comment "the specialty store of fireworks". He sold them for years from the same spot, then one day, he just...vanished. D:
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-07-16 12:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Back on Ifrit, there was an NPC near the Bonecrafter's guild, just outside of it near that arch that leads up to it, in Windurst Woods named Princessyuki.

Not sure if anyone else notices her, but she is still sitting under that arch leading up to the Bonecrafter's guild, and has been since I started playing back in 04'.(On both Ifrit and now on Odin)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2012-07-16 13:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Axciom said: »
Carby has a version of Elkcir, character's name is Ascii. He's been sitting in front of the entrance to Selbina since my first journey through the dunes (2006), and (last I checked) is still standing there to this day. Selling meat kabobs, level appropriate spells, weapons, gear, all at highway robbery prices.

4k per mithkabob ._.

I've seen him as far back as 2004. Good ol' Ascii :)
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-07-16 13:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

quetz pumpkinbaron!
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2012-07-18 13:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder where Chaochao went on Valefor.. .:\
 Quetzalcoatl.Natlow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Natlow
By Quetzalcoatl.Natlow 2012-07-18 16:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Could they be the FFXIAH characters? With the odd thing in a bazaar to keep them from looking too suspicious?
By Artemicion 2012-07-18 16:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I need someone from Shiva to represent Bigben for me.
Legendary galka AFK bazaar <3
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-07-18 16:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Fenrir has Blauberger in Bastok - haven't checked in a while though. Does anyone know... if he's up? lol

It's Blauberg's mule, so if one is on, the other isn't