2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 28 29 30
By volkom 2014-02-19 19:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
I also wonder if Yorichi, was holding back against Aizen because none of them really fought Aizen directly or even used their Bankai.

still waiting to see her damn shikai let alone her bankai :|
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-02-26 16:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i hate when nothing happens ._.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2014-02-26 17:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how Rukia looks with her Bankai
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-02-26 17:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
i hate when nothing happens ._.

I spent two months ignoring it, just caught up on 7 or so chapters and.. Nothing happened, lol.

Its been almost two years since the Qs initial mysterious attack.. That's how slow bleach moves. Molasses Kurosaki.
By Jetackuu 2014-02-26 17:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really been almost 2 years?
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-02-26 17:42:16
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

I doubt there's anything of Yoruichi's you haven't seen :p
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-26 17:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
volkom said: »

I doubt there's anything of Yoruichi's you haven't seen :p
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-02-26 17:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally caught up on the manga, and I have mixed feelings...

The Battle

Thoughts
Like I said, I have mixed feelings. I'm disappointed that Kubo couldn't let her have her independence yet. The story isn't over, and I'm sure she'll have more opportunities to help out and use it on her own, but the whole climatic reveal was honestly ruined for me.

I wanted her to do it herself, on her own. I get that Kubo wanted to show the care they have for each other, and that her brother is there to make sure she understands the risks of using her Bankai, and to be there for her.

She already kinda knew that though, she lowered the temperature before he got there and slowly came out of it with only a small cut in her finger for staying in absolute zero a moment too long.

I'm more upset that he saved her from Äs Nödt's trap, but she didn't expect that he could change his attack to sight instead of touch. It caught her off guard and she fell in his trap. In other words... she would have lost or been badly injured trying to get out of his trap, but she could have won on her own.

It's a choice between showing that she's come so far that she doesn't need him anymore, and she destroys Äs Nödt releasing her Bankai sooner, destroying him before she falls in his trap, or showing that her brother still has her back, and showing that he is giving her the freedom to finish her own battles, even if it comes at the cost of her not doing it on her own yet.

It's mixed, I really would have rather seen her do it on her own, but they are important to each other as characters, and maybe the story needed it. I'm sure Kubo designed a dozen or more outcomes the battle could have gone, and picked the one where she wasn't completely independent but still finished her own battle, even if he helped way too much in the process. They had a touching moment, etc etc.

Still, I wanted more, but maybe we'll see it in future releases. :(

I'm happy her outfit for her Bankai wasn't ridiculous or anything, I like the style and how it was designed.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-02-26 18:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I read my 3 Manga in a row, Bleach was probably the least disappointing.
Server: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2014-02-26 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
It's mixed, I really would have rather seen her do it on her own, but they are important to each other as characters, and maybe the story needed it. I'm sure Kubo designed a dozen or more outcomes the battle could have gone, and picked the one where she wasn't completely independent but still finished her own battle, even if he helped way too much in the process. They had a touching moment, etc etc.

Its to show that Byakuya acknowledges Rukia's strength and that her power is really starting to flourish since I don't think they could have shown that any other way without him actually being there.

I think Byakuya only saved Rukia from herself, to be honest like most other fights, she could have ended it sooner if she really wanted to, but she didnt and she let it drag on.

I do agree with you that I would have liked it for her to have had the opportunity to handle this on her own even if she to a degree(look minefield I dun it!)could have done it solo and we all see that, I still would have liked to see it as well, if Renji got that satisfaction why not her right? Mind you I think Rukia's opponent was far superior to that of Renji's
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-02-26 18:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea she could have done what Byakuya would have done facing sight-fear he couldn't overpower.. He would have cut out his eyes.. She could have frozen hers and deliberately thawed them too fast. She didn't need to see that opponent to beat him.

Alternatively, her eyes have seen her worst fears from that shibas death and the use of his ,corpse to byakuya and renji appearing to die to Ichigo nearly dying.. The story could have had him trying to intimidate her with fears shed already been forced to live through, some at this enemys hands
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-02-26 18:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-03-05 02:39:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-05 05:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

New chapter!

The furball is awesome, enough said.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By volkom 2014-03-05 15:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Felt like a breath of fresh air. Silly but still a nice turn
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-03-05 17:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta give him credit. Bleach characters have better powers than most seriea. Dragonball, for instance, just makes longer hair.

This moronic villian has a power that would crush most of the shinigami

Although the fullbring guy was much cooler as memory-powers go
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-12 09:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

did people actually die ._. there is no way kubo let multiple good guys die.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2014-03-12 15:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They were weak fodder captains anyway so it actually wouldn't surprise me if they did die. Its not like they were any of the notable major captains like Byakuya, Zaraki, Hitsugaya (who while weak compared to the others still has a prominent position among the captains in terms of face time), etc. In the end no one will care that they died just like no one cared about or even acknowledged vice captain kira's death lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-03-12 15:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I completely forgot he died
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-03-20 10:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This baddies power is kinda overdone. Two fullbring kids basically had it. Ichi beat virtual kid's world with reiatsu so can expect a rerun since that's ken's specialty.

New cc would be a good match without being a reiatsu cheapshot.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-20 14:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

too short as always ; ;
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-26 10:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

another week... of nothing...
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-03-26 10:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah.. Only breadcrumb of new info is that the two on the ground didn't sense him. It may turn out that this zaraki is dude's imagination.

Not asking for it, just expecting it.

We need aizen vs this guy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-26 10:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This quincy is absolutely horrible, hope it's over next week.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-26 10:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

it's the same thing as the fullbring kid who controlled the world like a video game. i understand kubo likes this style of controlling the world, but after aizen and the fullbring kid it's old. unless this guy kills kenpachi it's the same thing we've seen. show the damn fight and continue the *** story.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2014-03-26 10:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

And, like I said last week, Ichigo reiatsu-cheapshotted pspkid, so expect the same here.

The only enemies that are good counters to this are the ones that also control reality, senses or p)physics. Otherwise, it's just cheapshots.

Heck, aizen only lost because of his Ego.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-03-26 10:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It makes me so upset how Kubo handles things cause this used to be my favourite manga at least up to the Karakura arc ending which is where it started *** up majorly. Idk, maybe it should have ended there .-.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2014-03-26 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

halve the hueco mundo arc, shorten ichigo's training to become a hollow, and handle each fight in under two weeks. best read ever.
First Page 2 3 ... 22 23 24 ... 28 29 30