users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Rune Fencer » New Job: Rune Fencer
New Job: Rune Fencer
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14
Guide Maker
By Seha 2012-06-29 05:15:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cecilharvey said: »
One handing Great swords is really cool, but the question i'm asking myself is "What are they going to do with the Delay mechanics ?" They are going to one hand GS but be ultra slow as well?
They won't wield gs with one hand...they said GS main weapon, but still have rank in one-hand swords.
[+]
By Cecilharvey 2012-06-29 05:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Greatswords!!

Useless posts are useless, ppl like you mind when others ppl from others contries don't try to speak your langage & then they mind because thoses ppl are trying to speak your langage and make somes little faults.

/backontopic

I see everyone wondering if this will replace RDM or if this if that, i havn't seen anyone wondering what the mechanics will be actually, Rune Fencer is going to deal elemental damage, will that be affected by anything we already know? such as MAB?

Will they add a mechanic to dramasticaly drop the delay on Great Swords? <3 This one is for you Sehachan <3

By the way, you know when you look on Wikia for the greatswords trial its actually spelled "Great Sword" >.>; So forgive me for that one XD
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-29 05:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me? Aside from wtf are you talking about and that I don't see anyone here trying to speak in Italian, which is my language...I expressed my joy for the fact that GS will be the main weapon of this class, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Also it's language, and dramasticaly is not a word.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-29 05:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

They better put this job on magian weapons!
And honestly, they might add them on Emps.
But anyways, LET ME USE MY OAT GS ON THIS JOB, KTHX.
[+]
By Cecilharvey 2012-06-29 05:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me? Aside from wtf are you talking about and that I don't see anyone here trying to speak in Italian, which is my language...I expressed my joy for the fact that GS will be the main weapon of this class, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

Also it's language, and dramasticaly is not a word.

i made a mistake ? i though you were trying to correct me on the word greatswords.

My appologies ^^;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-29 05:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol wut, how did you mistake that post with that picture in it to be a correction-post >_>
 Leviathan.Zaknafien
Server: Leviathan
user: Angrymog
By Leviathan.Zaknafien 2012-06-29 20:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
They better put this job on magian weapons! And honestly, they might add them on Emps. But anyways, LET ME USE MY OAT GS ON THIS JOB, KTHX.

I pretty sure they won't prevent Rune Fencer or Geomancer from participating with Trials of Magian weapons since it's built around making customized weapons for all the jobs.

What I'm curious though if they will add some sort of Mythic style weapon, if they will get the job specific weaponskill like our current jobs have, and what the requirements to obtain them are. Could be very interesting to have a mythic style great sword but have much less demanding means of obtaining it and if it involves the new area. Although I do also just see them saying something like "New Arms of Balrahn discovered!" and just tossing them in as well.
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-07-03 11:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh. I shudder at the thought of expendable ammo being Runes.

Hopefully they go with the method that I had dreamed up, and runes are equipped on weapons and armor. More rune slots available the higher level you are.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-07-03 12:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

/***

I'm pretty psyched that the job can use One handed swords as well. Just hope they add it to Almace.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-03 12:02:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me? Aside from wtf are you talking about and that I don't see anyone here trying to speak in Italian, which is my language...I expressed my joy for the fact that GS will be the main weapon of this class, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Also it's language, and dramasticaly is not a word.

It should be though, omg. I'm going to make a fake definition for it and start working it into daily use. It's gonna be *** hard to keep a straight face when people react to it :x

Stage 2 will take more dedication.... editing a wiki page etc and multiple sources online so that when people google it, unsure of it being a word after my oscar-winning pokerface of "yes, it *** is a word..... look it up", they'll find an online footprint of said fake word.

because... you know... the internet never lies.
[+]
 Cerberus.Blackpain
user: Rogue
By Cerberus.Blackpain 2012-07-03 16:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So has it been confirmed that this class can use Great Swords and regular swords? If so can I get a link please? And everyone with the crazy idea of any job using a greatsword with one hand is just rediculous. Even the drawn pic of the male character holding a large size sword doesn't necessarily mean it is a greatsword. Almace is a large sized sword that is stupid big so lets not jump to conclusions.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-03 16:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It's on the previous page. And they're holding a GS with one hand cause they're in casting/JA animation.
 Lakshmi.Sulia
user: Sulia
By Lakshmi.Sulia 2012-07-03 16:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Official Forums Link to Rune Fencer Post
There's your official posting about Rune Fencer using Great Swords and Swords as their main weapons.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-07-03 17:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I am so looking forward to playing Rune Fencer and am eagerly anticipating more information.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-08-03 02:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't wait to beat it up.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2012-08-03 03:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if you will end up buying runes like COR dice or something else.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2012-08-03 03:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If this job could use excal, almace, and Ragno, I'd make the other two and own this job, but that is just not the case.
By Artemicion 2012-08-03 03:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Snoochybooch said: »
If this job could use excal, almace, and Ragno, I'd make the other two and own this job, but that is just not the case.

The sad part is, there's virtually little to no reason why it shouldn't.
[+]
 Fenrir.Dibble
Server: Fenrir
user: Dibble
By Fenrir.Dibble 2012-08-03 04:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone speculated that their magic defence runes will work like Migawari?

If not, I'm throwing that out there.

I would think they might have a short duration so it's a matter of skill to put them up at the right time.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-08-03 05:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Players want it too easy, You expect SE to allow Rune Fencer to use a level 99 relic or empyrean as soon as its released??? That wont happen, the new jobs will get their own versions of relic/empy with a brand new name that you will need to get by beating new endgame content in the new areas.

That sounds a lot more fun to me, and the day you see a level 99 GS on a Rune Fencer, you know that person worked hard in Seekers of Adoulin, and not dual boxed their way through Abyssea/Dynamis
[+]
By Xenshi 2012-08-03 06:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If Rune Fencer were to get a great sword mythic, that would mean changes to nyzul isle and a few other aspects of Aht Urhgan. For one they would have to add a new weaponskill just for the weapon, and since they have never added just one weaponskill to the game, more than likely you would see all other weapons get one as well.

As far as an empy, if there was to be a new weapon, that would cause a whole mess of problems. They already said that the job would be proficient in both swords and great swords. If the job were to get its own unique GS or sword, it would be unbalanced as you would have two weapons of the same type. Caladbolg and "X", and who's to say that "X" weapon wouldn't have higher base damage, delay and other stats? Even though it would be only for that job, but you would get almost all the same weaponskills.

Guess what I'm trying to say is it would cause a huge ripple effect throughout the game even down to the simple stuff. Also, why not have an overpowered weapon for when the job comes out? When Pup came out, it was attached to to some good weapons that were already out. No one wants to have a new job come out and have all complete crap weapons for it making the job seem less than what it is.

I think the relic thing comes in from SE inconsistency even with some of their own lore also. Giving a job relic armor, but no relic weapon. Armor types for jobs being super inconsistent also or having stats that have nothing at all to do with the jobs that can wear it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-09-11 14:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to be excited about playing this job, but it will probably get bastardized by "that certain, well-known player base" and one day, I'll be in a PUG and someone will say "Can we find more ppl to invite?" Someone else will say, "There's a RNF seeking." Then another person will say "Oh god, is there anything else?" And yet, someone else will say "LOLRNFsrsly?"

I can see it now. It's like I'm psychic.

So, I'll probably end up playing Geomancer and play Rune Fencer after the kids have their hype and run the job into the ground.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-09-11 14:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

doubt anyone will give a ***you're playing rnf in an abyssea exp party.
[+]
 Asura.Leairc
Server: Asura
user: Leairc
By Asura.Leairc 2012-09-11 14:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the new expansion is totally Aby based. /er
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-09-11 14:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

People still seek?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-09-11 14:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Leairc said: »
Well since you are indeed so psychic, is there a faster way to get exp with the new expansion?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-11 14:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to be excited about playing this job, but it will probably get bastardized by "that certain, well-known player base" and one day, I'll be in a PUG and someone will say "Can we find more ppl to invite?" Someone else will say, "There's a RNF seeking." Then another person will say "Oh god, is there anything else?" And yet, someone else will say "LOLRNFsrsly?"

I can see it now. It's like I'm psychic.

So, I'll probably end up playing Geomancer and play Rune Fencer after the kids have their hype and run the job into the ground.

There's something to be said for getting your foot in the door. In general. But in this case, I'll think there is going to be PLENTY of time for you to wax poetic about the glory days of rune fencer, and how you and your closest friends were the only people to play it right.
 Odin.Hirokei
Server: Odin
user: Kaisuko
By Odin.Hirokei 2012-09-11 14:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Well since you are indeed so psychic, is there a faster way to get exp with the new expansion?
With the new expansion they're adding a Job Trait that gives constant exp as auto refresh/regen does.
[+]
By theeklipse85 2012-09-11 15:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

cant wait for the why rnf is good in nyzle forum post

x - "rnf is a good role for nyzl"
y - "wtf would you bring rnf to nyzul"

x - "they can provide this and this and this and this and do that and sometimes this if this happens and then there always this if you have this and know what this is"
y - "you dont need any of that , get a rag and blow ***up with embrava"

76 pages later..

x - "i'm just saying it can be used"
y - "anything can be used, but its not efficient"

76 pages later..

austar/kinetic fighting

kinetic - your so stupid
austar - prove it to me
kinetic - 4*5(2/4(--00* -i^2) = your stupid
austar - you still missing 1/5 of your runefences

10 pages later..

taint - "ya i have apoc/rag/rnf(relic), still using apoc for this and rag for that"

25 pages later..

SE - announces LightKnight and ShadowMystic

and in starts over again :(

*all in good fun :) dont yell at me
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-11 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT DRAMASTICALLY T.T