The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 156 157 158
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-19 14:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to Pursuer's B or D, I was fairly torn. But even with B, you're only losing a whole 2.5 racc over D because of the way AGI plays into racc. I just took the boost to Last Stand, which I use fairly often in events like Marjami delve or DM2 when we're getting new members gear. And I know they're not great for MAB WSs, so I have my MAB Taeon for those situations. Overall B and D are very close, I just chose the superior Last Stand damage.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-19 14:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, and depending on how often you need to Last Stand it's kind of a YMMV situation. In addition to the superior Racc though, that Rapid Shot+10 is a pretty healthy chunk on D path for when you're on the backlines doing pew pew.
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-23 15:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear, I've only seen Teodor like 3 times in the past week of almost nonstop Sinister.

On the upside, Tiger > Morimar > August lets me slay everyone on parse. Did 50% of the damage that run, against a mythic BLU and another COR.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-23 15:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God, what was wrong with your BLU? We have no excuse to not win every single parse.

I haven't actually taken my COR into Reign yet, as I'm always on BLU, so I'm curious as to your setup. Do you melee for TP or ranged for safety? I'm a firm believer that COR should melee everything it can, but some of the AoEs in Reign are quite rude.

Oh, and a tip for making Teodor show up: gather everyone in voice chat and ritualistically chant his name. We sound like morons doing it, but I swear it helps. Never able to get Ingrid, though. 0/18 from the last couple days. Maybe 5/60 overall.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-23 15:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU actually died to tiger somehow, which is probably why I won. I've been shooting for TP, but sometimes I feel our B marksmanship is really hurting us.

Setup was BLU COR COR WHM GEO PLD
By Draylo 2015-08-23 15:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That BLU was me, he took hate off the PLD we had and it terrored the WHM and followed up with another ws that killed me. You probably did 50% of the damage because after that I received 0 cor rolls and our GEO swapped to JA'd malaise and acumen to support you? Setup was pretty terrible but my friend was making the group, I don't even bring COR if I'm going to be meleeing.
[+]
By Zillion 2015-08-23 16:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

excuses excuses =P
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-23 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I haven't actually taken my COR into Reign yet, as I'm always on BLU, so I'm curious as to your setup. Do you melee for TP or ranged for safety? I'm a firm believer that COR should melee everything it can, but some of the AoEs in Reign are quite rude.

My favorite setup has been PLD GEO BST BST COR healer, and I've been the COR. Buff the BSTs, move away and buff myself, and shoot for TP. We're getting 7~11 min wins, so I'm fine with that. Surely could adjust the strat (PUP using automaton to tank instead of PLD works!), but it's also a good fit for the people I tend to go with (i.e. the Burt/Aegis PLD is just fine for that role).

I find myself getting like 10%-15% of the parse with very good BSTs, and my Racc is pretty good with a GEO (and I usually toss hunter's/tacticians on myself). I get more if that healer slot is a RDM (we've experimented a bit) and I get Flurry II. I've been kinda liking coming /RNG for sharpshot, barrage, and higher tier accuracy bonus.

I did try some melee on /DNC, but I didn't really see the point in risking the AoEs given that the wins were so consistent and easy with me on backlines with virtually zero chance of death.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-23 19:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Good God, what was wrong with your BLU? We have no excuse to not win every single parse.

Oh, and a tip for making Teodor show up: gather everyone in voice chat and ritualistically chant his name. We sound like morons doing it, but I swear it helps. Never able to get Ingrid, though. 0/18 from the last couple days. Maybe 5/60 overall.
As a Blu that's actually played with Suteru before, it is actually really hard to win. With Sinister requiring 1300~ Acc your DA/TA/QA is going to be down the toilet and your buffs are all going to be focused on Accuracy so your damage is going to be way lower in general. Combine this with constant AoE terrors, knock backs, binds, amnesias, etc and a shooting Cor with a great set actually gains TP almost as fast as you and WSes for way more than you. This was just not an event designed to be melee friendly.

For example when I PTed with him his WSavg was around 22k and mine was in the 7k range, I don't gain TP even close to fast enough to make up that kind of gap.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-23 20:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to doubt Suteru's COR, I'm just surprised that a mythic BLU was having issues. Especially with JTB2, we have just disgusting amounts of DD strength. If the GEO was tailoring buffs to specifically fit magic damage, then yeah, I can easily see a COR pulling ahead with how ridiculous Leaden is.

As for this not being melee friendly, I'd suggest having a GEO do vex. We normally do a 2 GEO setup when we go and with Vex we're able to melee to our heart's content. 5-8 minute runs with PLD GEO GEO WHM COR BLU. Stupid that you need a GEO to make it melee-friendly, but SE decides how we get to enjoy their game, apparently.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-23 20:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of the problem I have with double Geo is that knockback+bind can seriously *** up uptime on buffs. If we have double Geo I say to use Haste+Fury+Frailty+Torpor generally as getting to that 1300-1350 acc range without just Hunters Roll is not easy. If I was running with LS members and could cycle entrust and such I could make it more melee friendly but that's a different story. I could try using Vex over Fury.

My Blu is a little outdated by todays standards and doesn't have JT2 but with that kind of luck (Tiger>Morimar>August) I don't see my Blu beating Suteru even if I had perfect gear.
 Diabolos.Reignes
Server: Diabolos
user: Reignes
By Diabolos.Reignes 2015-08-23 21:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »

As a Blu that's actually played with Suteru before, it is actually really hard to win. With Sinister requiring 1300~ Acc your DA/TA/QA is going to be down the toilet and your buffs are all going to be focused on Accuracy so your damage is going to be way lower in general. Combine this with constant AoE terrors, knock backs, binds, amnesias, etc and a shooting Cor with a great set actually gains TP almost as fast as you and WSes for way more than you. This was just not an event designed to be melee friendly.

For example when I PTed with him his WSavg was around 22k and mine was in the 7k range, I don't gain TP even close to fast enough to make up that kind of gap.

How the hell is he doing 22k WS's? I have like 1160 r.acc with no buffs and it's a whiff fest with Leaden/WF doing like 2k-5k. Last stand usually whiffs as well. I have only done this with a BST format though.
By Draylo 2015-08-23 21:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to doubt Suteru's COR, I'm just surprised that a mythic BLU was having issues. Especially with JTB2, we have just disgusting amounts of DD strength. If the GEO was tailoring buffs to specifically fit magic damage, then yeah, I can easily see a COR pulling ahead with how ridiculous Leaden is.

As for this not being melee friendly, I'd suggest having a GEO do vex. We normally do a 2 GEO setup when we go and with Vex we're able to melee to our heart's content. 5-8 minute runs with PLD GEO GEO WHM COR BLU. Stupid that you need a GEO to make it melee-friendly, but SE decides how we get to enjoy their game, apparently.

What do you mean you are surprised? I just explained why, 0 buffs = no damage lol. You *need* buffs in there as a DD to compete.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-08-23 23:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Reignes said: »
Asura.Failaras said: »

How the hell is he doing 22k WS's? I have like 1160 r.acc with no buffs and it's a whiff fest with Leaden/WF doing like 2k-5k. Last stand usually whiffs as well. I have only done this with a BST format though.
You'd probably have to ask him that. This was usually Leaden with occasional Wildfire. We had an Idris Geo that could have been using Malaise, it's not what I told him to do but you can't exactly control pug actions very well.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-24 00:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
That BLU was me, he took hate off the PLD we had and it terrored the WHM and followed up with another ws that killed me. You probably did 50% of the damage because after that I received 0 cor rolls and our GEO swapped to JA'd malaise and acumen to support you? Setup was pretty terrible but my friend was making the group, I don't even bring COR if I'm going to be meleeing.

I couldn't reroll after you died because I have like 8 minute rolls and I'd need to spend 3-4 minutes doing a roll rotation to get back to the same rolls, and by that time everything was dead anyway. I think the GEO changed to Malaise because you were still weakened.

And yes, Sinister is a wiff-fest. Even in my pure R.Acc. gear and Hunter's, a huge part of my TP comes from Tactician's, and I just hold TP until 2000-2750, and then unleash afterwards. The mobs that are weak to Leaden are really weak to Leaden. If we get bad mobs (Arceila, Teodor, Arceila), my damage goes down by a huge amount. I'm doing maybe 10% instead of 50%.

My set is exactly the optimal one in the OP, except Doomsday instead of DP and Odium instead of Vanir.

Edit:
Usual (BST) setup; Buff the BSTs with Drachen/Beast roll, move over to other side of PLD, give us both Hunter's and Tactician's. Hope for Boost-AGI and Flurry.

Frontline (BLU/THF/etc) setup: Basically fulltime Tactician's and Hunter's. Hope for Boost-AGI and Flurry.

edit2: I don't know if I have ever thanked you for the guide, Seha, but thank you so much. It's helped me so much in building my COR nowadays, I don't have the time these days to research each piece of gear that comes out and see how it stacks up against older gear.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-25 13:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm back in town(unfortunately). Once I recover from the shock in the next few days I'll work on the things that need fixing, thank you for your patience.
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-26 15:12:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I've always wondered, why isn't Doomsday mentioned anywhere in the guide? Augmented correctly, it's pretty much the best option outside of DP.
[+]
By Latnemurtsni 2015-08-26 17:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
You know, I've always wondered, why isn't Doomsday mentioned anywhere in the guide? Augmented correctly, it's pretty much the best option outside of DP.

Also curious about this.
By Wordspoken 2015-08-26 23:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Because Seha hasn't updated the guide in a while?
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-26 23:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide has been updated multiple times since it came out. It even has Compensator (Escha gun) in there. Doomsday isn't a new weapon by a longshot.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-27 02:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple forgetfulness cause I focused on the gearsets and missed the weapon, not much meaning to it.
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-08-27 08:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The guide is great, so i'm not having a go..

The style of rolling I find myself doing now more then ever for myself or others (I don't bother if I'm going to have to do more than 3 roll's in a rotation and that 3rd roll is usually Regain/or Hunter's/ or Wizard's) but I like to make sure XI's are kept up. Bust Evasion/ Fold/ and if needed Wild Card are all tool's I depend on in getting that first XI, firstly do we know if the +20 is anything substantial, or whether it is just +20second, because if it is just +20second's then there is no way I'm going to bother with inv-1 for it the way things are with job's right now.

I know Compensator isn't the best lookig gun on paper but for me (and maybe others who do not have perfect stats) is their a way (let's presume I'd be making use of the 10% Snapshot if it comes into it, and so the +10% Triple Shot) the Compensator would beat out My Doomsday with AGL&STR+17 MAB&MACC+15 WSDMG+5% (So I guess in turn it also hass Ratt+17 on it) ? To that extent, would it beat out a Vanir Gun?

I bypassed the Compensator as soon as I saw it for obvious reasons but a friend in my ls looks pretty keen on getting it, he play's COR differently to how I play it in the niche area's but I'm sure he would like to replace his Vanir's and it does look like a much better gun once its Augmented (I think I remember reading weapon aug's somewhere, much of the same +DMG then Smaller Attribute's or acc+Racc, att+ratt)?

Edit: I really think Doomsday should be in the weapon selection as it was/(is?) the best weapon after Death Penalty.
By Ramyrez 2015-08-27 08:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Compensator is really only worth it on mule rollers, imo. Which my ls uses far too many of, if you ask me, but you didn't, so I won't go into it. *grumble*
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-27 08:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have DP Compensator is a great alternative to Doomsday. The gun is really not bad.
By Sandmaster 2015-08-27 15:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Compensator is really only worth it on mule rollers, imo. Which my ls uses far too many of, if you ask me, but you didn't, so I won't go into it. *grumble*

Yeah it can be dis-heartning when Anyone with a lvl75 (or lvl99? w/e) AF2 head, (merits: 5 upgrades in PR-recaset & Presumably 5 Winning Streak, a fold and 4SE = 43 merit points) and 2 Amazingy simple to get rings can put up 2 powerful rolls.

When we put our time, effort, gil, and heart into a job we LOVE for aspect's of it they don't give a damn about. I think thats why I've started rolling as aggresively as you possibly can to get that first XI using every possible tool 9Fold, SE, Bust Evasion (it gets better and better the more you put into it like the Wildcard JP's) amd Even Wild Card. After that first XI is got the roll's are fine but then 75% of the ppl start seeing a few bust's in a row and have no understanding of what your trying to do for their benefit lol.

Quick Draw I still <3 and enjoy boosting, and now even though I have ~1500RACC (I'm sure some can hit higher? - there's a lot of 119 emph+1 in it) then food, I sometimes happily Regain/Mab and drop 30sec QD's and 3000TP LS's.

I do enjoy CP-ing though, I think its the only time I melee now, and i'm main;y 5/5 Taoen from other jobs & Cor but my melee Acc really doesn't cut it on NM's nowaday's.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-27 19:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

1 ring. The rings don't stack. Unless the 2nd you're talking about is Luzaf's.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-30 12:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And I wanna know how you got QD to 30 seconds.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-08-30 12:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »

Job Point gift of 550, quick draw delay reduction of 10 seconds per 1 charge point is prob what they mean.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-30 12:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »

Job Point gift of 550, quick draw delay reduction of 10 seconds per 1 charge point is prob what they mean.

The gift, merits, and gear only stack to -25 seconds despite the total being -30.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-30 16:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't. :( Been posted multiple times to the OF. I made a bug report on the NA side, and it looks like it was made by a JP player as well. This was back before the June update.
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 156 157 158