First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 156 157 158
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-08-30 17:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »
You don't. :( Been posted multiple times to the OF. I made a bug report on the NA side, and it looks like it was made by a JP player as well. This was back before the June update.

They're too busy deciding if they should edit COR onto one of the Sinister Reign weapons.

EDIT: Come to think of it, we never got a straight Naakual weapon drop either. (Save for the bullet...)
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-08-31 21:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Also note: I don't think you can get more than MAB+20 on a Doomsday. Anyone seen otherwise? I've seen +24 M. Acc. ~20M worth of Snowdims seems to say otherwise for MAB.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2015-08-31 22:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Macc/MAB are the same max values. If you've seen +24 Mag acc then +24 MAB exists.
By Sandmaster 2015-09-01 01:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Certain stones havevery rare chances of getting past certain tier's or giving you the actual augment. I've throwm hundred of +1-2 Leafslit/tip's but for nothing. I did get crit dmg+4% once, which annoyed me as that would of been find on my Izuna, so far only weapon I've got the WSDMG+ on has been the GK. On the Doomsday I'm happy with MAB/MACC+15; If it does go higher then the chance of it is very rare.

RE earlier, yes I meant QD Delay @25Seconds.

Another topic: When I hit an XI, I got prtty mental then (for most situations) in making sure I get a second, so I can keep XI's up. With Phantom Roll timer at just 15seconds (for me - I'm sure others have it lower) after a bust and you get no bust symbol for busting, I happily roll away. This however has recently caused some major problems in my ls. I wondered why all of a sudden ppl changed their attitude toward me. It wasnt spoken about untilthe other day and I found out that the reason was that they thought I had no Idea how to pay cor, constantly rolling past lucky number's, and busting often.

I can see how from an outside point of view, and the way COR has progressed recently ppl must see it as being an idiot who has no idea how to play the job. Anyway it finally came up in ls chat why I was being treated like a second class player who has no idea how to play cor, I eplained it and hoping when I log on next things wil be a little better. I also tried to explain that while I'm going for permanent XI's, the jobs I'm buffing will be receiving varying amount number's of the buff I'm giving except the 1-3seconds I bust and have to re-roll. I mean, at least once an XI is up they will never be on an unlucky number again until I lose my XI streak, which does happen if I've busted 4-5timnes in a row and just end up sticking on a lucky until I gt the next XI.

The Bust Evasion Category (15% evasion now, most definately rising to at least 20% soon else they would'nt have given a cap+% bonus at the 1195 mark), combined with fold, Snake Eye's 50% of hitting an XI on any number 6-10, and its gurrenteed 1 on a 10, and in some cases the use of Wildcard (although I've only used that as a means of getting the first XI in a CP pty setting) there are plenty of tools at our disposal.

When your seen rolling off a lucky and then busting it doesn't look to good to ppl who played COR a couple of years back.

Also, I timed my rolls to be 7min's and 58secs, so I'm giving 8minute rolls. I have plenty of time to mess around with the numbers but what do you guys think?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-01 02:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have a first 11 on, try to aim for another, but don't waste too much time. An imperfect roll is better than no roll at all and no damage.

If you don't have a 11 be more conservative unless you have Fold and stuff up for use. A Lucky roll is still good.

One of cor's weak points is that it buffs slow, so depending on what the situation is sometimes you have to accept lady luck and move on. Being stubborn might hurt in the long run because you're not doing anything while rolling and people are actually losing their buffs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-09-01 03:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you have a first 11 on, try to aim for another, but don't waste too much time. An imperfect roll is better than no roll at all and no damage.

If you have one 11 up you can also toy with your double ups and delay them. Keep the 2nd roll in a "safe zone" for 15-20 seconds and then when Phantom Roll timer is back up go for the risky areas/busting.

This way your PT will always have a 2nd roll up and you get to try for 11s.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 07:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
Lakshmi.Stepth said: »
And I wanna know how you got QD to 30 seconds.

Job Point gift of 550, quick draw delay reduction of 10 seconds per 1 charge point is prob what they mean.

The gift, merits, and gear only stack to -25 seconds despite the total being -30.

Whhhiiiich is BS.

All the *** damage BST, BLU, etc. can pump out with less-limited timers, but corsair is expect to deal with not even being able to fully utilize gear and gifts you bust your balls to get.

Add to that all the new gear that Corsair ISN'T on, as well as the ridiculous new "crafted" pieces and I've arrived at the conclusion that if they're doing their best to drive me away as the game goes into old age, they're succeeding.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-01 09:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Cromag said: »
A marksmanship <Can I have it?>

We don't need more guns! (Though I wouldn't look down upon them raising 119 DP's base damage to what it was before it was nerfed, given Doomsday's presence in the game).

We need main hand options that are on par with everyone else's insane options, and we need them to adjust our damage output.

It is no longer sufficient to say "if corsair did more damage it would be overpowered and unfair" when you've got beastmasters pumping out 30-40k cleaves in a matter of seconds (ready x3) and black mages bursting for 100k and blue mages doing both.

Melee DDs in general are getting the shaft as the game draws to a close, and corsair is getting particular kicked while it's down.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-01 09:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
raising 119 DP's base damage to what it was before it was nerfed
*** rangers.
Instead of just asking for Gastra to be buffed they had to bring up DP and say they had to swap the damage...blasted poachers!!
[+]
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-09-01 09:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
A marksmanship <Can I have it?>

We don't need more guns!

We need main hand options that are on par with everyone else's insane options, and we need them to adjust our damage output.

It is no longer sufficient to say "if corsair did more damage it would be overpowered and unfair" when you've got beastmasters pumping out 30-40k cleaves in a matter of seconds (ready x3) and black mages bursting for 100k and blue mages doing both.

Melee DDs in general are getting the shaft as the game draws to a close, and corsair is getting particular kicked while it's down.

Preach !
By Sandmaster 2015-09-01 10:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see what all the fuss is about ...
Ranger's get given an A+ Marks a couple of month's back,(The +72 Accuracy bonus gives them apparantly isn't enough)

BUT, its all good because we can get +15Racc for a mere 120 Job Point's.

These NM's that have 1400EVA shouldn't be a problem. I have what I'd call a good RACC build, /checkparam <me> 1055RACC. I'm not sure how to make another +100. Granted my gun doesn't have +20RACC on it but it has +18 AGL and the same amount of STR~(so +18RATT with the fSTR2).
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-09-01 21:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry everyone, the i119 ammo we're supposed to get will have Racc+100 Ratt+100 AGI+50.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Darvamos
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Darvamos 2015-09-02 07:12:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sandmaster said: »
Certain stones havevery rare chances of getting past certain tier's or giving you the actual augment. I've throwm hundred of +1-2 Leafslit/tip's but for nothing. I did get crit dmg+4% once, which annoyed me as that would of been find on my Izuna, so far only weapon I've got the WSDMG+ on has been the GK. On the Doomsday I'm happy with MAB/MACC+15; If it does go higher then the chance of it is very rare.
1) I've done 120ish +1/+2 I've seen crit rate + once (it happen to be 4 also). I also only seen crit dmg + once (was 6). No luck on WSDMG either.

2) I did get lucky and went 1/3 on Snowdims +1 16 MAcc/MAtk.
By Ramyrez 2015-09-02 07:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep A Marksmanship skill = "GUNS".

Ah, I see where the confusion is.

If you had said "A-grade marksmanship" or "A marksmanship skill" it would have made sense.

But you just said "A marksmanship" when "A" was the first word in the statement and I took it (as did, it appears, at least one other person) to mean you were asking for "a marksmanship" (weapon).

I'd apologize, but pirates don't do that. So I'll just ask you to be more specific with your language next time.

*drinks rum*
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-09-02 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking that COR ought to get a JA that renders the next roll undispellable (but also cannot be overwritten).
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-09-02 16:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Crooked Cards should be able to be used at any point in a roll's application. Being able to Snake Eye > Crooked Cards off of a 10 would make it much less random. I know they love sticking to the gambling aspect of the job, but come on. Bard and Geomancer don't gamble at all and can apply more buffs that are usually stronger than ours. Besides, I've always felt that the 'gambling' part of Corsair went out the window when they changed how XI rolls function.
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2015-09-03 05:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at the front page. Aren't the blurred knifes now best slot for main and magic damage? Unless I'm missing something.
By DiScRePaNcY 2015-09-03 05:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sanosuke said: »
Looking at the front page. Aren't the blurred knifes now best slot for main and magic damage? Unless I'm missing something.

Stats are incorrect, there's no MAB or MD on Blurred Knives
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-03 10:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in the known issues for the latest update.
 Asura.Sanosuke
user: sanosuke9
By Asura.Sanosuke 2015-09-03 14:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That will be why! Thanks
By enzo80 2015-09-05 17:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

my doomsday says hi to death penalty weapon
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-09-05 17:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

And the DP doesn't care.
[+]
By Sandmaster 2015-09-05 21:25:29
Link | Quote | Reply

enzo80 said: »

That Doomsday is awesome, but really, Death Penalty recognised that you are a good gun, then went back to drinking a Barrell of Rum and firing off the Ocasional Leaden Salute. Knowing nothing still comes close to his pure awesomness.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-09-06 07:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

BRB, going penniless again. Was your Snowdim a +1 or +2?
 Lakshmi.Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-09-06 10:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Often imitated, never duplicated.

Speaking of dumb random augments, I've yet to get a piece of capped augment gear for COR from Sinister Reign. Love getting a Samnuha Coat with 4 MAB then a Witching Robe with 15. Haven't even seen Dampening Tam or Ta'lab Trousers drop yet. Holding on to all of these Taming Saris and Vampirisms though.

If the event wasn't so much fun on COR I might be more upset, but we just blow up most of the bosses in there.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2015-09-11 21:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Excuse me if this is incorrect, but shouldn't your max racc hands be max auged floral gauntlets?

Also, maybe be in your melee sets?
[+]
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-09-12 07:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been using floral guantlets for racc as well :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-09-12 13:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dravidian said: »
Excuse me if this is incorrect, but shouldn't your max racc hands be max auged floral gauntlets?

Also, maybe be in your melee sets?

You are correct for obtainable/realistic gear goals. The Adhemar wristbands would be on par with those gauntlets if you choose Path C (Store TP ftw). The +1 however blows both out of the water for r.acc. The gauntlets would then be relegated to melee TP set up.

Good catch though, never actually looked at those gloves for r.acc.
First Page 2 3 ... 88 89 90 ... 156 157 158