users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 156 157 158

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By jopa 2015-05-14 08:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Enhancing magic duration is a strange choice for a job that doesn't get any native enhancing magic.

Now that I think about it, Conserve MP makes more sense for GEO roll and enhancing duration better fits SCH roll.
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-15 15:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it just me or is Phantom Roll's recast bugged right now? I'm getting a recast of 35 seconds with an XI up, 5/5 recast merits and Desultor Tassets. Seems to only be with an XI up, getting 45 seconds on non-XI active rolls.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-15 15:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Earlier I had an 11 and got recast to 0 *shrugs*
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-15 15:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Did some further testing, Phantom Roll recast under an XI is bugging to 35 seconds instead of 30 and ignoring all forms of recast reduction (Merits, Desultor Tassets, Gunslinger augments).

None of this is happening on PR without an XI and the game still resets your PR recast timer to 0 when you hit an XI. Very weird.
 Cerberus.Warviper
Server: Cerberus
user: Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-16 20:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Taeon gear for Leaden Salute should be augmented with which 3 stats??

MAB + Crit hit rate? + ???

or what?
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-16 21:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB WSD and i usually go for recycle
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-16 23:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If this gear is only for Leaden then the legs and feet from the Taeon set are the only ones worth doing atm. Looks like the body and hands (maybe - modifier stats on AF gear still beat the new gear) will be replaced with the new gear which *could* come from the new Escha NMs. Rawhide Vest for body and Pursuer's Cuffs for hands. The Pixie Hairpin +1 still wins in most situations.

This frees up the body and legs for other sets like melee since everyone here seems to melee..
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-17 00:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
If this gear is only for Leaden then the legs and feet from the Taeon set are the only ones worth doing atm. Looks like the body and hands (maybe - modifier stats on AF gear still beat the new gear) will be replaced with the new gear which *could* come from the new Escha NMs. Rawhide Vest for body and Pursuer's Cuffs for hands. The Pixie Hairpin +1 still wins in most situations.

This frees up the body and legs for other sets like melee since everyone here seems to melee..

will need to see the augs you can get on new hands but ATM taeon still best hands for MAB WS, MAB+26 and WSD +3 on mine.

also what AF are you looking at no AF/Relic/Empy hands do anything for Leaden Salute.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-05-17 08:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Was talking about the body not hands... Messed up the formatting.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-18 04:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing some tests on ranged delay and stuff to confirm a few things. I thought I'd share my findings with you guys.

Specifically, I wanted to confirm the ranged delay reduction cap (as suggested here) and the widely held belief that Snapshot values listed on gear correlate to a 2% reduction in delay. I think the belief in the latter stems from the the fact that 1 Snapshot merit on RNG equals a 2% reduction in delay and also that Snapshot on some pieces of equipment are erroneously listed as, coincidentally, half of their delay reduction on BGWiki's Snapshot page, most notably Iuitl Wristbands. I think some of these values are using Byrth's testing here as a source, which he himself later claims he does not trust. Perhaps there truly was an exception to this rule once upon a time that established this belief, but I am unaware of it.

Snapshot:
I've spent several hours today on COR and RNG testing the nominal value for Snapshot listed in game on the equipment and have found no major discrepancies between the Snapshot value listed and the percentage of delay it reduces. I won't post all of the data, but I confirmed Aurore Beret +1, Doomsday (augmented with Snapshot +3) Alruna's Gloves +1, Iuitl Wristbands +1 (unaugmented), Lutian Cape (augmented with +3), Chasseur's culottes, and Taeon Boots (augmented with +5) as probably having delay reduction equal to the Snapshot listed on the gear. To truly confirm the exact value with a reasonable degree of certainty would take hours of testing and hundreds of ranged attacks. So, I just figured two theoretical values: one equal in reduction to the listed snapshot value and one twice the listed value.

For example, I was testing Chasseur's Culottes with Doomsday (due to its high delay, it's better to test with) which happened to have Snapshot +3 augmented on it. I already confirmed the listed amount on Doomsday, and now I wanted to confirm the listed amount on the pants (Snapshot +6). If it were twice the value, we would expect to see a value no higher than (680/120)*[1 - (.12 + .03)] + .4 = 5.217 sec (NOTE: The extra .4 seconds is due to server delay, you can read about how to calculate ranged delay here. Basically, your measured delay should never exceed the calculated value after you add an additional .4 sec, although the true delay may be equal to just delay/120). However, after several dozen shots, my highest recorded delay was 5.363 seconds, so the pants couldn't possibly represent a Snapshot value of 12. However, (680/120)*[1 - (.06 + .03)] + .4 = 5.557. Since 5.363 < 5.557, it's much more likely that 6% is the true reduction in delay.

I unfortunately do not have Nahtira Trousers to test and see its maximum delay. If its measurements are believed to be the currently established value of 9%, they should be superior to the reforged empyrean legs. Motenten's spreadsheet has them listed at this value, and I believe Motenten did a great deal of ranged delay testing (I'm basing my findings off of his theory) so it's likely accurate.

Ranged delay cap:
You can read about my test in detail here, including something odd I discovered with Sylvan Caban +2 that maybe someone can shed some light on. I'll be making a more detailed post in the RNG forums soon. Anyways, I basically just stacked a ton of Snapshot gear and used Overkill, and assuming Overkill just adds Snapshot (instead of, say, dividing delay further), I figured it like I did most Snapshot values. I used Relic Gun due to its high delay, so it was easy to work with. I recorded all of the ranged attacks in the 30 second interval that Overkill was active, and got an average delay of 1.653 sec, and 1 - 1.653/(999/120) = 80.1%, so the delay reduction cap is likely 80% just like melee delay.

I was mostly curious about this one because I can't find SE's statement, but it seems like 80% was the suggested cap in the past according to BGwiki and Motenten's spreadsheets.
[+]
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-18 04:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Question from a "noob" cor.

My Leuden Salute @2000 TP seems to vary alot between 6k dmg and 9k dmg on stuff like the monkeys in Escha.

Any idea if that 3k dmg could be crit hit dmg variations?
- If so - what can make you crit hit on Leuden Salute WSs??? Crit. Hit rate? or Magical Crit. Hit rate gear? or both apply?
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-05-18 05:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Warviper said: »

My Leuden Salute @2000 TP seems to vary alot between 6k dmg and 9k dmg on stuff like the monkeys in Escha.

- If so - what can make you crit hit on Leuden Salute WSs??? Crit. Hit rate? or Magical Crit. Hit rate gear? or both apply?

Magic critical hit has never been confirmed to work on weapon skills, and since a Magic crit is equivalent to Magic attack bonus +10, it couldn't explain that spike anyways. It could be a number of things, such as TP variation, resist rates, day/weather proc, buffs wearing, or a combination of these.
 Cerberus.Warviper
By Cerberus.Warviper 2015-05-18 06:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Dekoda said: »

Magic critical hit has never been confirmed to work on weapon skills, and since a Magic crit is equivalent to Magic attack bonus +10, it couldn't explain that spike anyways. It could be a number of things, such as TP variation, resist rates, day/weather proc, buffs wearing, or a combination of these.

Probably is in regards to resist rates, any idea how i can lower this then, since equipping ranged acc gear wont help since WS cant miss and I dont suppose Macc would do anything?
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-05-18 09:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been doing some tests on ranged delay and stuff to confirm a few things. I thought I'd share my findings with you guys.

Specifically, I wanted to confirm the ranged delay reduction cap (as suggested here) and the widely held belief that Snapshot values listed on gear correlate to a 2% reduction in delay. I think the belief in the latter stems from the the fact that 1 Snapshot merit on RNG equals a 2% reduction in delay and also that Snapshot on some pieces of equipment are erroneously listed as, coincidentally, half of their delay reduction on BGWiki's Snapshot page, most notably Iuitl Wristbands. I think some of these values are using Byrth's testing here as a source, which he himself later claims he does not trust. Perhaps there truly was an exception to this rule once upon a time that established this belief, but I am unaware of it.

Snapshot:
I've spent several hours today on COR and RNG testing the nominal value for Snapshot listed in game on the equipment and have found no major discrepancies between the Snapshot value listed and the percentage of delay it reduces. I won't post all of the data, but I confirmed Aurore Beret +1, Doomsday (augmented with Snapshot +3) Alruna's Gloves +1, Iuitl Wristbands +1 (unaugmented), Lutian Cape (augmented with +3), Chasseur's culottes, and Taeon Boots (augmented with +5) as probably having delay reduction equal to the Snapshot listed on the gear. To truly confirm the exact value with a reasonable degree of certainty would take hours of testing and hundreds of ranged attacks. So, I just figured two theoretical values: one equal in reduction to the listed snapshot value and one twice the listed value.

For example, I was testing Chasseur's Culottes with Doomsday (due to its high delay, it's better to test with) which happened to have Snapshot +3 augmented on it. I already confirmed the listed amount on Doomsday, and now I wanted to confirm the listed amount on the pants (Snapshot +6). If it were twice the value, we would expect to see a value no higher than (680/120)*[1 - (.12 + .03)] + .4 = 5.217 sec (NOTE: The extra .4 seconds is due to server delay, you can read about how to calculate ranged delay here. Basically, your measured delay should never exceed the calculated value after you add an additional .4 sec, although the true delay may be equal to just delay/120). However, after several dozen shots, my highest recorded delay was 5.363 seconds, so the pants couldn't possibly represent a Snapshot value of 12. However, (680/120)*[1 - (.06 + .03)] + .4 = 5.557. Since 5.363 < 5.557, it's much more likely that 6% is the true reduction in delay.

I unfortunately do not have Nahtira Trousers to test and see its maximum delay. If its measurements are believed to be the currently established value of 9%, they should be superior to the reforged empyrean legs. Motenten's spreadsheet has them listed at this value, and I believe Motenten did a great deal of ranged delay testing (I'm basing my findings off of his theory) so it's likely accurate.

Ranged delay cap:
You can read about my test in detail here, including something odd I discovered with Sylvan Caban +2 that maybe someone can shed some light on. I'll be making a more detailed post in the RNG forums soon. Anyways, I basically just stacked a ton of Snapshot gear and used Overkill, and assuming Overkill just adds Snapshot (instead of, say, dividing delay further), I figured it like I did most Snapshot values. I used Relic Gun due to its high delay, so it was easy to work with. I recorded all of the ranged attacks in the 30 second interval that Overkill was active, and got an average delay of 1.653 sec, and 1 - 1.653/(999/120) = 80.1%, so the delay reduction cap is likely 80% just like melee delay.

I was mostly curious about this one because I can't find SE's statement, but it seems like 80% was the suggested cap in the past according to BGwiki and Motenten's spreadsheets.

The delay cap information was confirmed in two dev posts on the main site, but they were never translated to English. (afaik)

Kincard does a good job of translating such posts. You can find them HERE, on BG's dev tracker thread.

The cap for snapshot is 70. Your results likely show a greater reduction due to overkill. Yes, the dev notes claim all sources of delay reduction are factored into that 70% cap, but we can only assume overkill is mutually exclusive.

Try testing with Flurry I/II (15% and 30%) + gear. It should be pretty easy to prove snapshot is 1:1 ratio.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-18 10:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably is in regards to resist rates, any idea how i can lower this then, since equipping ranged acc gear wont help since WS cant miss and I dont suppose Macc would do anything?

More Macc gear will help, only agi MAB and Macc and your tp can impact wildfire(tp won't effect dmg on WF) and leaden salute. Side note you can also use dark/fire shot with the empy boots for more dmg but dark shot must dispel somthing to work.

Also magic dmg + (almost forgot) but to a much lesser extent.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-18 10:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Skill and supposedely racc help with accuracy of Leaden and WF too.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-18 10:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Right lol forgot skill, but racc? Really? Couldent be all that much right?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-18 10:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It became noticeable before the megaskill update. People in WKR noticed that stacking racc lowered the resist rates of QD and WF.

I think it makes sense, considering what skill actually adds to a weapon(att and acc).
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-18 11:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, idk I've never noticed any correlation between ranged acc and Magic WS resist, in fact an example would be the vag main boss, I Couldent hit it with ranged attacks in my ranged acc set so I would use QD as my main tp gain always did nice dmg and added dmg for all the mages nuking, can't recall any huge resists.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2015-05-18 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If I'm in a situation where shooting is a thing I usually play ranger. With that being said I think this is a set I would use for high end content where I wanted to have a hit build (in my case a 5 hit). It requires sam roll to work (assuming you will always get at least 40 stp from sam roll - so +5 ring is a must). Things are going to vary based on what gun you have and so I based my set on the gun I have. You might be able to go for a 4 hit if you have a higher delay gun. With the skirmish bow you can make a 3 hit :3.

My taeon feet are 20 racc 20 ratk 3 crit hit 3 crit rate here, because they're cribbed from ranger. If you don't play rng you might not want the crit stats - could go for more str/agi from dusk and perhaps stp from leaf.

ItemSet 335122

I'm looking at your set here and wondering if the forban cape +1 would help or if it's not enough STP to make any difference. Also, maybe bismuth bullet?

I was kind of looking for this set to fill in the gap when I do vagary runs on Perfidien/Plouton. Thanks!

(...but for everything else, there's Sehachan!)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-18 11:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
Hmm, idk I've never noticed any correlation between ranged acc and Magic WS resist, in fact an example would be the vag main boss, I Couldent hit it with ranged attacks in my ranged acc set so I would use QD as my main tp gain always did nice dmg and added dmg for all the mages nuking, can't recall any huge resists.
One checks against evasion, the other against magic evasion. If one hits but not the other doesn't mean much in terms of testing.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2015-05-18 11:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Whether or not ranged acc has an effect on LS or WF i think we can agree the effect on them from it is negligible and there are much better options for maximizing your potential with those weapon skills.
 Odin.Nogara
Server: Odin
user: Aragon
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-22 17:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Why does everyone suggest Pixie+1 for Leaden?

I thought the generally accepted rule was 2AGI=1MAB?

If that's the case, doesn't that mean Taeon with MAB+17 > Pixie+1? Since 23AGI = 11.5 MAB?

And therefore a Taeon Cap with MAB+25 or MAB/MACC +20 and WSD +3 would crush Pixie+1?

Edit: Even if 2AGI doesn't = 1MAB, with a Taeon Cap that has MAB25 how would the MAB+3 from Pixie+1 beat WSD+3 and AGI+23? Where AGI is a modifier for LS anyways?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-22 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, Taeon MAB can only get up to 20, and MACC/MAB to 15. And Pixie +1 is elemental affinity, which is basically a super-powered form of MAB. I don't remember the calculations, but I know that it's damn strong. And even a perfect Taeon head would be weaker than it, as well as most likely costing more.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-22 17:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My bad on the +25, was mixing it up with the Weapon Aug.

I guess it's the elemental affinity that's throwing me off, so what exactly is Elemental Affinity? Because looking it up on BG it states the only thing with Elemental Affinity is staves obtained through trial of the magians.
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-22 18:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I see what's up and it's just a case of SE being SE and not labelling ***correctly(not suprised really)

Anyways, found this under the comment section for Pixie+1;

Any item that reads 'XYZ Elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus" +' (sometimes it reads just 'XYZ Elemental +' or 'XYZ Magic Attack +') is not added to your existing MAB, but, also, it's not affinity itself.
Instead, what happens is that on the DMG=mDMG(total)x(MAB/MDB)xMultiplier formula, instead of adding MAB to the regular factor that's divided by MDB, instead, pieces that are elemental related end up being finalDMG=DMGx1(elementMAB/100) for the related element.
You can test this with Kaikias Cape (4 elementMAB) out-damaging Toro Cape (10 MAB) on Wind based spells or Quanpur Necklace (7 MAB 5 elementMAB) out-damaging Eddy Necklace (11 MAB) for more than it ought to, if it were regular MAB.
Lastly, this is also darn good for 1.28 DMG Comets (along with Xsaeta I and macc+ gear and/or potions).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-22 19:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Same reason why you want Archon ring for your Leaden set. Both are very potent pieces(pixie in particular).
 Odin.Nogara
By Odin.Nogara 2015-05-22 19:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I have Archon, would have been BiS regardless of the different DMG calculation, but understanding the calculation now makes it easier to wrap my head around.
First Page 2 3 ... 75 76 77 ... 156 157 158