New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 156 157 158
By jalexan4 2015-03-06 15:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So... to +2 Empy or not to +2 Empy. I really hope we get something better than a bonus to some random roll we never use on these things...
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-06 15:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

jalexan4 said: »
some random roll we never use
This isn't true...Courser and Tactician are used often, and Allies and Caster can have their occasional moments too. Also body, feet, and more importantly hands have very important enhancements.
[+]
 Asura.Alexandero
Server: Asura
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-06 15:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
This isn't true...Courser and Tactician are used often, and Allies and Caster can have their occasional moments too. Also body, feet, and more importantly hands have very important enhancements.
Oh yeah, I def have hands already +2, debating the others though. I wish I could say that I use those rolls often, however, for me it's typically hunters/chaos all the damn time. This is my fav armor for Cor so Im just looking for a reason to do it anyway :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-12 09:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev team just told us that the cap on snapshot(from all sources added together) is 70.

Only took them 12 years to tell us.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 10:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Dev team just told us that the cap on snapshot(from all sources added together) is 70.

Only took them 12 years to tell us.

Why an arbitrarily lower cap than other forms of delay reduction? And are they saying it's a delay cap or just a cap on snapshot? Is it snapshot value or delay reduction (1 snap is 2% reduction)?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-12 10:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

They just mentioned snapshot and added Rapid shot is separate.
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-12 11:14:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So no clarification on Snapshot values? While it has been believed that Snapshot+1=2%, some gear doesn't seem to follow that.

I read a long thread on BG about Snapshot, but there isn't a lot of agreement and there is much equipment missing from that. Last night I got Snapshot+5 on my Taeon boots, so curious if that's +10%, +5% or some odd number.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 11:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

More than likely the displayed value then, which is barely informative, I don't think we can even hit 70 on cor. Was flurry mentioned? I've never seen whether it's counted as snapshot or if it's a unique buff.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-03-12 13:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought flurry was counted as snapshot?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-03-13 16:06:27
Link | Quote | Reply

In addition to Seha's absolutely true reply, you might as well get Empy+2 done because it's very likely to make for an easier path to reforged Empy set that's probably going to be very good.

If you're looking to prioritize, Hands are definitely #1 and are always going to remain an absolutely vital piece for any COR. I'd probably go body > feet > legs > head after that, though those priorities could change depending on how good the ilvl versions are.
By Latnemurtsni 2015-03-14 21:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm starting to consider using gearswap for COR and I'm curious as to useful it is for the Snapshot gear? I haven't really needed GS for the jobs I play(came back in September fresh to play SAM) but since I've kind of taken up COR as my go to for end game and I'd like to get the most out of the job.

Also, I don't have trouble hitting much of anything even VD DM on my COR aside from MR and maybe HM. So, I was wondering is it even possible to make a 4 or 5 hit build on COR atm? I currently pull about 7% of alliance DPS in DM2 which seems low, but I know I'm just a COR. Set ups are usually 4-5 RNG(mostly Anni) and 2 THF. And to push out 10% somehow would make me a happy COR. Would love for a damned Vanir gun to drop for me on day.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-03-14 21:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, as much as I adore COR, building it for maximizing DPS in a ranged strategy is a sure way to get your party killed. It has none of the hate tools RNGs do that allow them to go all out. With the ton of STP available to us these days, a 5-hit build is easily reasonable, but pumping out too much damage is exceptionally dangerous for your party. Whenever I run ranged events, I normally even have COR and non-relic RNG WS at 2k+ only, just to minimize spike damage.

Don't get me wrong, however. A COR focusing on damage can deal a whole Hell of a lot of it. The only issue comes down to enmity.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-03-14 21:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the TP Bonus+1000 on Anarchy translates to Savage Blade? Or any melee ws. Thanks
By Latnemurtsni 2015-03-14 21:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Honestly, as much as I adore COR, building it for maximizing DPS in a ranged strategy is a sure way to get your party killed. It has none of the hate tools RNGs do that allow them to go all out. With the ton of STP available to us these days, a 5-hit build is easily reasonable, but pumping out too much damage is exceptionally dangerous for your party. Whenever I run ranged events, I normally even have COR and non-relic RNG WS at 2k+ only, just to minimize spike damage.

Don't get me wrong, however. A COR focusing on damage can deal a whole Hell of a lot of it. The only issue comes down to enmity.

Good point. I'm not trying to epeen as a COR. I just feel I can help out DPS a tad more in certain situations. I had GK charge at me the other day and I about pooped myself. I wasn't expecting to pull aggro.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-14 22:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Latnemurtsni said: »

Good point. I'm not trying to epeen as a COR. I just feel I can help out DPS a tad more in certain situations. I had GK charge at me the other day and I about pooped myself. I wasn't expecting to pull aggro.

The goal is to ride the line and play at the limit without stepping over. And, if you do, you have to be ready to run in and take a few hits to shed enmity.
 Asura.Devdas
user: Lerouge
By Asura.Devdas 2015-03-14 22:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Latnemurtsni said: »

This is how a cor should play in a ranged situation and if I recall the first post has a great snapshot gearset that you can use. The main thing as a shooting cor is that you should be /drg and spamming high jump on cooldown. I do tend to have the issue with killing our backline on cor but that's not anyone's fault but my own honestly.

The big thing is that the only real situation you should ever be shooting is Arks/DM and that's about it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Trulusia 2015-03-15 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
This would be perfect timing for a new corsair's roll.
Capacity points+
11- 45%
Lucky number 35%
Unlucky number 15%

Corsair's roll already affects Capacity points, are you saying you just want another one that is more potent?
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-15 15:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that WF also builds a lot less enmity than the other weapon skills. It might be worth considering in ranger fights, other than the already mentioned dragoon.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-15 16:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember that WF also builds a lot less enmity than the other weapon skills. It might be worth considering in ranger fights, other than the already mentioned dragoon.

Is it fixed like namas or just lower base than others?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2015-03-15 16:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

"A lot less" is misleading. It's Enmity scales according to TP. The last testing I saw was

1000tp = 10% enmity reduction
2000tp = 40% enmity reduction
3000tp = 75% enmity reduction

This is versus Namas Arrow having a static 160 CE / 480 VE, and Coronach having a static 80 CE / 240 VE
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-15 16:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not just the added effect, magical weapon skills naturally build less enmity compared to physical.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-15 16:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought i read wildfire also had some static enmity, but i never found the link.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-15 16:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I thought i read wildfire also had some static enmity, but i never found the link.

I've heard that as well and the wiki has been changed a few times, so I figured it would be worth clarifying.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-03-17 06:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rodolfo said: »
Anyone know if the TP Bonus+1000 on Anarchy translates to Savage Blade? Or any melee ws. Thanks

Just in case anyone cared to know, I decided to make the weapon myself and test it out and it does indeed give a tp bonus for melee weaponskills (at least Savage Blade).

This is an excellent choice for soloing. With this gun and moonshade earring, your looking at each ws translating to 2250 TP minimum.
[+]
 Valefor.Seranos
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-17 08:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen any stats anywhere, but just got DMG+8 on Doomsday with NQ Duskslit stone. Anyone know how high it goes?
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2015-03-17 09:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

got +9 *
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-03-17 15:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

unfortunately there isnt any content where +DMG and last stand is meaningful unless you're like part of the last 6 people still doing delve/dm.
I can't even remember the last time I shot for tp.

If you throw stones at a doomsday i'd tailor it for magic ws like wildfire/leaden.
Barring that, your stones are much better spent on taeon armor for meleecor.
 Asura.Alexandero
user: jalexan4
By Asura.Alexandero 2015-03-17 16:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Seranos said: »
Haven't seen any stats anywhere, but just got DMG+8 on Doomsday with NQ Duskslit stone. Anyone know how high it goes?
I have +20 with a +2 stone
By Lyncath 2015-03-17 19:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I have STR+10 AGI+10 R.Acc+20 WS Damage+5% on my Doomsday. I know that the WS Damage can go higher but I'm quite content with that.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 69 70 71 ... 156 157 158