The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Suteru
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-04-27 19:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never been able to WF > 2nd Fire Shot and have both of them get boosted, though. Might be different with spells.
 Siren.Dekoda
Server: Siren
user: Dekoda
By Siren.Dekoda 2015-04-28 03:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Seha said: »
Certain gear is as it says, other is double...it's hard to pinpoint them. I think the rule is that if there is % is as you read it, otherwise you have to assume it's double.

That's what I was thinking, but if the Taeon augments followed this rule then they would have 20% snapshot each with maximum augments, which seems a bit absurd.

Can anyone link me to the dev post about the 70% cap by chance? Thanks.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-04-28 21:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I missed this but I was looking at the Snapshot set and noticed AF3+1 Snapshot+7 vs Nahtirah's 9%. Is the empyrean reforged believed to = 14%? Thanks
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-01 03:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So on the higher content, what are you guys shooting (range tp) in these days?

Readjusting my gear from 2012 lol and i dont know were to begin other than (idontcareputmaxaccsetonfromguideandspamws).

Also how viable is meleeing for tp since taeon/acc set.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-01 05:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Melee is the best way to tp always unless you're with a party/alli of all rangers.
 Valefor.Chancee
user: Madidu
By Valefor.Chancee 2015-05-01 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello! I am just coming back to the game from a long break and was wondering on ideal subjobs for the latest endgame content.

My friends generally play Sch, Dnc, Mnk, and Sam or Rng.

Thanks!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-01 14:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sub ninja when you have a main dancer with you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-01 17:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Melee is the best way to tp always unless you're with a party/alli of all rangers.

Right. so what do you and I do when this is not viable?

put on our best Racc(all of it) set and hope for the best?

just looking for examples. for content in normal tp KI fights to higher acc like vagary
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-01 18:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

If melee is out of the question, yes, you'll want to shoot. And your first priority is capping hitrate. As soon as you do that, you want to stack STP, crit rate, ranged attack, basically anything to improve your damage or TP generation.

I don't have any definite numbers for each type of content, just know that you'll need a lot of racc for most stuff. The max racc set in the OP is quite good. Just swap in more offensive options based on whether or not you're capping hit rate.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-01 23:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
If melee is out of the question, yes, you'll want to shoot. And your first priority is capping hitrate. As soon as you do that, you want to stack STP, crit rate, ranged attack, basically anything to improve your damage or TP generation.

thank you, not meaning to be rude but I know this. because i know this its rather frustrating. so to help my situation, what i am asking for a starting point. i rather not guess and/or use a spreadsheet when i have no real experience on this job.

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I don't have any definite numbers for each type of content, just know that you'll need a lot of racc for most stuff. The max racc set in the OP is quite good. Just swap in more offensive options based on whether or not you're capping hit rate.

so the answer is this max racc is the tp set. not just a set posted with best in slot. i guess ill have no choice to work from there? imo. that seems rather farfetched? for anyone who doesnt have a clue and that gear to do so. luckly for me i do.

also if they are best in slot. shouldnt there be more taeon racc/r.attack in there?

like you , i dont have those numbers either. unlike you, i dont have the experience on the job to get these numbers.

which is why i asking for an example at least one gear set. for a baseline? Every other guide has a TP set and max acc set. at the very least. this guide doesnt so it has thrown me off.

logically, i get it. you should be meleeing tp, no one wants to make 30 TP sets and you should be doing your own research etc. so this why its this way.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-05-02 03:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If I'm in a situation where shooting is a thing I usually play ranger. With that being said I think this is a set I would use for high end content where I wanted to have a hit build (in my case a 5 hit). It requires sam roll to work (assuming you will always get at least 40 stp from sam roll - so +5 ring is a must). Things are going to vary based on what gun you have and so I based my set on the gun I have. You might be able to go for a 4 hit if you have a higher delay gun. With the skirmish bow you can make a 3 hit :3.

My taeon feet are 20 racc 20 ratk 3 crit hit 3 crit rate here, because they're cribbed from ranger. If you don't play rng you might not want the crit stats - could go for more str/agi from dusk and perhaps stp from leaf.

ItemSet 335122
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-02 05:27:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry you find my guide so shitty Feary, but if you find it not useful then you don't have to use it.

I've foregone making an offensive ranged set because there are many variables, namely different guns, different subs, different rolls. I am not going to make 15 sets for something that is situational as it is, as you're very rarely shooting instead of meleeing. I apologize that my guide doesn't contribute enough for the players.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2015-05-02 23:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hoshiku said: »
If I'm in a situation where shooting is a thing I usually play ranger. With that being said I think this is a set I would use for high end content where I wanted to have a hit build (in my case a 5 hit). It requires sam roll to work (assuming you will always get at least 40 stp from sam roll - so +5 ring is a must). Things are going to vary based on what gun you have and so I based my set on the gun I have. You might be able to go for a 4 hit if you have a higher delay gun. With the skirmish bow you can make a 3 hit :3.

My taeon feet are 20 racc 20 ratk 3 crit hit 3 crit rate here, because they're cribbed from ranger. If you don't play rng you might not want the crit stats - could go for more str/agi from dusk and perhaps stp from leaf.

ItemSet 335122

thank you i found this set useful.

Sorry you find my guide so shitty Feary, but if you find it not useful then you don't have to use it.

I've foregone making an offensive ranged set because there are many variables, namely different guns, different subs, different rolls. I am not going to make 15 sets for something that is situational as it is, as you're very rarely shooting instead of meleeing. I apologize that my guide doesn't contribute enough for the players.

first of all never said i thought your guide was shitty. if what i said meant that to you then by all means.

second of all, i thought i explained myself when i concluded with

Sylph.Feary said: »
logically, i get it. you should be meleeing tp, no one wants to make 30 TP sets and you should be doing your own research etc. so this why its this way.

i guess i did not express myself well enough. However your reasoning that you expressed was what i assumed and overall was trying to imply.

ive have use this guide since the first version over 5+? years ago and i am grateful that it here. so thank you.

lastly, please dont put words in my mouth. i simply was trying to advocate my experience with your hard work so it can be improved and/or added to via posts. nothing personal
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-05 13:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

What augments should I shoot for on Taeon Gloves?

Right now I have MAB+8, WS Accuracy+18, and WSD+1%. Are those good and I should just keep going for higher values?
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-05 14:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »

Right now I have MAB+8, WS Accuracy+18, and WSD+1%. Are those good and I should just keep going for higher values?

The problem with the Taeon augments is that you have to choose what you want the piece to be. Melee TP? Shooting TP? Magical WS? Physical WS? Do you play other jobs? Are you willing to have multiple pairs of gloves with different augment sets?

I made my gloves into a Leaden piece with MAB+20 and WSD+2%. My 3rd augment is Triple Attack +2% which is neither here nor there. I never managed to get Nilas Gloves, so this was a huge upgrade for me in terms of Salute and QD damage.

It's really up to what you want in that specific slot, gear you currently have and your play style. I have Death Penalty so I've made my Taeon hands/legs/feet with MAB/WSD. The argument could also be made for TP pieces with Acc/Att and Dual Wield or Triple Attack augments as well.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-05 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd personally aim for melee tp pieces, but yeah up to your preference.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-05-05 15:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, and the more Taeon jobs you have the more use you'll get out of melee TP pieces (TA+2%, Acc/Atk+, and whatever good dusk aug you can scrounge up). Top TP pieces for almost every job on the set, and even with TP-focused augments they're still excellent for many WS (in many cases still beating any option other than Taeon with more WS-focused augs).

TP Taeon gear is so good that I'd recommend one universal TP set, and a second more niche set based on your jobs/preferences: ranged gear for RNG COR, WS gear, DW gear if you often do stuff without significant buffs on a DW job, pet gear for PUP or BST...

One tip that works to help manage multiple sets even for non Spellcast/GS users: you can put one piece in your inventory and the same piece (with different augments) in your mog wardrobe to differentiate between them in macros. Just add a "1" to the end of the macro line to check wardrobe, a "0" for inventory - example shown below:

Inventory: /equip hands "Taeon Gloves" 0
Wardrobe: /equip hands "Taeon Gloves" 1
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-05 15:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically Quick Draw/Leaden piece I think I'm going for. I never got Nilas gloves, either. I'm a career COR so I'm comfortable with dedicating these gloves to it.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-05-05 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

I agree, and the more Taeon jobs you have the more use you'll get out of melee TP pieces (TA+2%, Acc/Atk+, and whatever good dusk aug you can scrounge up). Top TP pieces for almost every job on the set, and even with TP-focused augments they're still excellent for many WS (in many cases still beating any option other than Taeon with more WS-focused augs).

TP Taeon gear is so good that I'd recommend one universal TP set, and a second more niche set based on your jobs/preferences: ranged gear for RNG COR, WS gear, DW gear if you often do stuff without significant buffs on a DW job, pet gear for PUP or BST...

One tip that works to help manage multiple sets even for non Spellcast/GS users: you can put one piece in your inventory and the same piece (with different augments) in your mog wardrobe to differentiate between them in macros. Just add a "1" to the end of the macro line to check wardrobe, a "0" for inventory - example shown below:

Inventory: /equip hands "Taeon Gloves" 0
Wardrobe: /equip hands "Taeon Gloves" 1

Yep! You heard it here, kids! You too can waste TWICE as much money trying to get ideal augments and go away broke and disappointed!

(It's a good tip, Cap. Just dropped another seven figures on *** stones last night with mediocre results. Grr.)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-05 15:10:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Well for QD/Leaden you got them already on par and beating Nilas, but you can also get better. It's really up to you how much you wanna spend on aiming for perfect augments.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-05-05 15:15:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on your funds and your ability to tolerate the augmenting system, I'd highly recommend building multiple sets of Taeon gear. I agree that TP focused pieces are the priority, as the set is just superb for melee, but it can also work very well for other purposes as well. Having a TA Taeon set for buffed situations and a DW set for non-buffed is excellent as well. If you want to save on some space and money, I'd suggest building DW pieces with MAB and WSD augments as well. For situations in which you'd want DW, you're more than likely not going to need the extra acc/atk, so it's a nice compromise. You can also substitute fast cast instead of DW on your MAB pieces, as there aren't really any leaf augments that help magic WS/QD. Of course, then you'd need another set for DW. Taeon armor can give you a ton of utility, but the issue lies in affording multiple sets and trying to find somewhere to cram gear for an already gear-intensive job.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
Server: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2015-05-05 15:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
Yep! You heard it here, kids! You too can waste TWICE as much money trying to get ideal augments and go away broke and disappointed!

(It's a good tip, Cap. Just dropped another seven figures on *** stones last night with mediocre results. Grr.)

You mean you don't want HP or STR/VIT from your dusk augments? Sheesh.
 Asura.Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2015-05-05 17:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have 3 different capes. (Phantom Roll, QD, and WS). I just want to get them all consolidated.

Doomsday is pretty much the only thing I have that I'm pretty much done augmenting.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-05-07 02:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »

would like to know as well. trying to get a mab, ws accuracy wsd 3% taeon set for my wildfire and leaden build.

I am curious to find out what the cap is for weapon skill damage % @. and does magic damage gear have any effect on QD or WF, Leaden?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2015-05-07 02:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
I am curious to find out what the cap is for weapon skill damage %
By Kooljack 2015-05-07 04:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome to see so many post in the cor thread here actively going;

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM A REFRESH +1 AUGMENT ON DOOMSDAY?????

I've tried many times with leafdim on doomsday as the guide here on AH says doomsday can get it but I've not seen it and have seen a plethora of other stats not listed on the guide for that stone/weapon
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-05-07 08:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

does magic damage gear have any effect on QD or WF, Leaden?
Yes but it's rarely worth it. Pretty much the only best in slot with mdmg on it are Fenrir rings+1 for Quick Draw. Crematio earring is about tied with Novio for weapon skills so it doesn't even matter much.

For everything else there's better.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2015-05-07 23:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I am curious to find out what the cap is for weapon skill damage %

sorry not on augments on the alluvion armor just the cap. trying to get wsd3% and mab 20 on taeon gear for my wildfire and leaden set. but wanted to know the hard cap i guess for weapon skill damage %
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 156 157 158