The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 156 157 158
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2015-03-19 06:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just came back from about a 6 month break (October). I saw that there is a new slot for my Doomsday. Which Dusk stone is recommended? I used a tip and now my Doomsday is as follows:

STR+5 AGI+5 (Dusktip+1)
MAB+17 (Can't remember, Snowdim+1 I think?)
Snapshot+6 (Leaftip+1 I think).

Are more Dusktips the way to go? Or should I go for WSD+?

e: Also, any of the new armor worth it for COR?
By Lyncath 2015-03-19 06:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Suteru said: »
Just came back from about a 6 month break (October). I saw that there is a new slot for my Doomsday. Which Dusk stone is recommended? I used a tip and now my Doomsday is as follows:

STR+5 AGI+5 (Dusktip+1)
MAB+17 (Can't remember, Snowdim+1 I think?)
Snapshot+6 (Leaftip+1 I think).

Are more Dusktips the way to go? Or should I go for WSD+?

e: Also, any of the new armor worth it for COR?

WSD+% is pretty much the best in slot from the Leaftip slot. Leaftip+2 are quite cheap as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2015-03-19 06:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does WSD only come from Leaf? I'd rather keep my Snapshot :( What can Dusk give?
 Valefor.Seranos
Server: Valefor
user: Seranos
By Valefor.Seranos 2015-03-19 07:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does WSD only come from Leaf? I'd rather keep my Snapshot :( What can Dusk give?

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46057/full-alluvion-augment-cap-list/

Depending on how you play, DMG+, AGI+, Magic DMG+, Save TP+, QA+.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2015-03-21 20:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

so finally got a vanir knife, I have an arendsi fleuret, and my atoyac is oat and wsd. Someone had said to me magic damage does not stack from the offhand slot, so I am wondering what weapon combination I should use.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-03-21 20:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
so finally got a vanir knife, I have an arendsi fleuret, and my atoyac is oat and wsd. Someone had said to me magic damage does not stack from the offhand slot, so I am wondering what weapon combination I should use.

Magic damage+ does work from off-hand. If you have doubts try using quickdraw on lvl the rabbits in west ronfaure while single wielding knife and then dual wielding both the knife and fleuret.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2015-03-26 08:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything good from reforged Empyrean?
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-03-26 09:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything good from reforged Empyrean?

Depends on the proc % of quick draw effect.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46151/corsair-af3-reforged/#2858663
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-26 09:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I will update the guide when stuff becomes available on the website so I can compare more easily. I apologize to the people who use this as reference if I skipped the last two updates, but I was very busy.

Meanwhile remember that empy pieces are important at least for their secondary stats(pr duration on hands is awesome, triple shot on body, etc).
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-26 09:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I will update the guide when stuff becomes available on the website so I can compare more easily. I apologize to the people who use this as reference if I skipped the last two updates, but I was very busy.

Meanwhile remember that empy pieces are important at least for their secondary stats(pr duration on hands is awesome, triple shot on body, etc).

Yeah, there are going to be some situal adjustments for sure.

Not the sweeping across-the-board changes and one-ups on Skirmish gear I was hoping for though. *grumble* *starts spending stocked-up gil on *** stones*
[+]
By Keido 2015-03-26 10:21:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You are about the last one that really does update their guide so when you get to it its appreciated. The legs look delicious for melee COR.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Suteru
By Quetzalcoatl.Suteru 2015-03-29 18:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have Gearswap code for AF3 reforged body? (On during triple shot)
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-03-29 18:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have Gearswap code for AF3 reforged body? (On during triple shot)

I thought it only had to be on when you use the ability, though I could have been wrong about that this entire time. Either way, you'd need something in the job_setup, like this:

state.Buff['Triple Shot']= buffactive['Triple Shot'] or false

Then you'd need a set defined, such as:

sets.buff['Triple Shot'] = {body="Chausser's Frac}

Then you could have a function like this:

function customize_melee_set(meleeSet)
if state.Buff['Triple Shot'] then
meleeSet = set_combine(meleeSet, sets.buff['Triple Shot'])
end
return meleeSet
end

Some adjustments may be needed there.
By Latnemurtsni 2015-04-03 20:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

How do people feel about using Chasseurs Head +1 now for R.Acc? Would the stacked rapid shot be worth it with AFBody and Pontente Sash?
 Asura.Rodolfo
Server: Asura
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-04-04 07:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone in here shooting with before af3 body reforged? Those stats seem good enough to full time.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-04-04 19:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rodolfo said: »
What is everyone in here shooting with before af3 body reforged? Those stats seem good enough to full time.

I've been using 119 AF body.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-05 20:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So, to those of you dedicated enough to have Death Penalty, how are you enjoying it since the enmity changes? I have always loved COR and have long contemplated making a mythic for the job, but how easily we pulled hate kept me from doing so, as I wouldn't be able to use it in any ranged content. However, now that I see just how much damage we're able to do without worry of drawing hate, a mythic has come to the forefront again for me. Any advice or testimonials to offer some light on the weapon's viability these days? Thanks in advance for any help.
 Asura.Rodolfo
user: Tyrael
By Asura.Rodolfo 2015-04-09 11:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
So, to those of you dedicated enough to have Death Penalty, how are you enjoying it since the enmity changes? I have always loved COR and have long contemplated making a mythic for the job, but how easily we pulled hate kept me from doing so, as I wouldn't be able to use it in any ranged content. However, now that I see just how much damage we're able to do without worry of drawing hate, a mythic has come to the forefront again for me. Any advice or testimonials to offer some light on the weapon's viability these days? Thanks in advance for any help.

Death Penalty is one of the best desicions I ever made. You can out parse everyone in pretty much all vagary events switching between Leaden and Wildfire. Knowing how to use it will separate you from normal corsairs. Being well geared will put you on top. But having a play group that understands what you can do with your cor will put you in a position to actually play it and play it well. Hate really isn't an issue any more after the last update.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-09 11:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Guide updated.
I hope I didn't forget anything.

@Oraen: DP is fantastic. When you're ranging triple shot with aftermath can do some great damage and don't forget your 60% QD boost. Leaden is a great ws on anything not resistant to magic/darkness.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-04-09 11:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use DP for melee situations as well, not just ranged content. Even in melee TP situations DP still beats other guns when using leaden salute. Switch to Doomsday for last stand and MAB guns for wildfire.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-04-09 11:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Feast Hose for R.acc set.
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-09 11:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rodolfo said: »

Death Penalty is one of the best desicions I ever made. You can out parse everyone in pretty much all vagary events switching between Leaden and Wildfire. Knowing how to use it will separate you from normal corsairs. Being well geared will put you on top. But having a play group that understands what you can do with your cor will put you in a position to actually play it and play it well. Hate really isn't an issue any more after the last update.

Basically this. Though I have to admit that my ranged accuracy is still *** terribad at times in Vagary. And I've got a pretty hot ranged accuracy setup.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-09 11:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Switch to Doomsday for last stand and MAB guns for wildfire.

NO!

*vanity*
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-09 11:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
Added, thanks.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2015-04-09 11:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kyren said: »
Added, thanks.

No, thank you! You're one of the few who keep it updated.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-09 11:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Random news from this update:

I could swear Foppish was Fappish.

Chasseur means hunter in french, once again SE confused us with ranger. It's like the Triple shot/Bounty shot debacle all over again!
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-09 11:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chasseur's +1 legs for Light/Dark shot set? 10 more AGI.

Unless we're throwing the -enmity value there over the AGI.

But I know in Vagary at least even m.acc. is questionable with great gear without a GEO bubble.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-04-09 11:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be inferior cause they don't have racc.
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-04-09 11:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

They should be inferior cause they don't have racc.

Hmmm. Point. Brain blip on my part.
 Asura.Hoshiku
user: Hoshiku
By Asura.Hoshiku 2015-04-09 12:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Small nitpick but wouldn't taeon gloves be best in slot for leaden and wildfire? You can augment them with up to 25 mab and 10 agi so they ought to beat nilas gloves.

(Actually as an afterthought taeon boots with the same augments would beat lanun +1 and taeon tights with those augments would beat lak +1)
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 156 157 158