The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 156 157 158
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2014-12-24 07:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
hello CORs, I'm starting to think about rebuilding my cor and was wondering what makes jse cape > forban +1 for wildfire and leaden

Well if the rule of thumb is still 2agi = 1 mab they are about equal so then it comes down to the other stats on none augment cape as obviously that wins hands down. Racc+20 macc+10 and recycle vs stp+5 for higher level content you will probably benefit more from the macc+10.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 07:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
hello CORs, I'm starting to think about rebuilding my cor and was wondering what makes jse cape > forban +1 for wildfire and leaden

Well if the rule of thumb is still 2agi = 1 mab they are about equal so then it comes down to the other stats on none augment cape as obviously that wins hands down. Racc+20 macc+10 and recycle vs stp+5 for higher level content you will probably benefit more from the macc+10.

It's just when you get the JSE cape augmented with Weapon Skill Damage+ via Incursion.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-12-24 08:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Znm is such trash especially when you have fhekfhfhrjdj and crew spamming the absolute crap out of znm

Ugh. Is that why all the pop items seem jacked up in price too, or am I just remembering incorrectly?

Oh, also, SE broke what was a really nice "feature" my wife and I found making her sword in that you could talk to Sanraku and choose the item and get the price and wait there, have as many other friends as you wanted talk to him and get the price, then you could all buy at the same price.

Can't do that anymore either.

What a crock.

Ah well. I need ~2-3 more Nyzul runs, a handful of Alex and my ZNMs. I will not be deterred!

Keep on truckin lol I got stuck behind some of them fighting armed gears for more than 45 minutes for 1 kill was terrible lol glad burtgang is done
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 08:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Keep on truckin lol I got stuck behind some of them fighting armed gears for more than 45 minutes for 1 kill was terrible lol glad burtgang is done

45 minutes?! You can kill it in like...seconds...ugh.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-24 08:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I only got little more than 3k alex to go, and it's gonna take months..yay..nay.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
Server: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2014-12-24 08:52:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i think you dont even need wsdmg on the jse cape .

mab +3~4 should be enough to beat it
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 09:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm not buying a Forban+1 and in all the incursion I've done I haven't seen a single Gunslinger's, so I've just been using Argocham. Mantle anyhow.

I even dropped the 1k login points on a cape item, having gotten caught up in the optimism of the holiday season...and I got a bard cape. And a bad one, at that.

Bah humbug!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-12-24 09:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Forban+1 is pretty much worthless even if your Gunslinger is blank.
By Ramyrez 2014-12-24 09:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Forban+1 is pretty much worthless even if your Gunslinger is blank.

Yeah...early morning, for some reason I thought Forban+1 had more MAB on it when I first responded. My bad.

By Ramyrez 2015-01-06 08:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo. Hey.

Death Penalty achieved. d(^.^d)

But man alive I forgot how much I hate REM trials. Wish I could transfer all the "extra" I did finishing Amano before they lowered them onto subsequent weapons. <_<;

Almost done blasting Schnitters in the face for the undead trial. Undead, with a darkness weaponskill.

Glad they thought that one through. :x
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-06 08:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats! Still 2k to go for me, another month or two of sufference!
By Ramyrez 2015-01-06 08:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats! Still 2k to go for me, another month or two of sufference!

Thanks~

Two months though? O_o; What are currency/Alex prices like on your server? Or just that busy with school/etc.?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-06 08:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't buy, don't got money. I only log in to do salvage everyday and that's what I gotta live with. Sometimes I have to skip even that day though so I'm uncertain if I'll make it in one month.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-06 09:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't buy, don't got money. I only log in to do salvage everyday and that's what I gotta live with. Sometimes I have to skip even that day though so I'm uncertain if I'll make it in one month.

Ah. Yeah. I understand that situation.

Well, take luck on the extra linens, those cotton coin purses, and double-dropping gears then. :x
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2015-01-06 09:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooooo. Hey.

But man alive I forgot how much I hate REM trials. Wish I could transfer all the "extra" I did finishing Amano before they lowered them onto subsequent weapons. <_<;

Almost done blasting Schnitters in the face for the undead trial. Undead, with a darkness weaponskill.

meh, I think someone said it best when they called REM trials a 'victory lap'. Something nice about spamming ws and getting to watch it grow+evolve into its final form like a pokemon or something....

undead killshots before the leaden update and absurd mab options was even more painful in my day!
Pirate kids these days!
/rockingchair
By Ramyrez 2015-01-06 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Sooooo. Hey.

undead killshots before the leaden update and absurd mab options was even more painful in my day!
Pirate kids these days!
/rockingchair

Note the part where I said I did all of Amano before they lowered requirements.

Or, in context, "my hips hurt too much for a rocking chair".

But really, you want irritation? Try being a paladin. Atonement still has that pesky cap that means you've got to whittle whittle whittle until mob is near death. Every time.
By Kooljack 2015-01-08 03:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

what are the current niche uses for leaden salute as far as endgame is concerned for now? anything uses on delve2.0 atm? or anything period where it is the best? is death penalty's 40% dmg increase what even makes leaden even viable? I'm just curious about this before dropping 4m on pixie+1 thanks!
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2015-01-08 03:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Grates on your trials, I did the Dogs in Aby-Attowa for mine , was able to oneshot them from like 50%+ HP once I get enough TP.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2015-01-08 08:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
what are the current niche uses for leaden salute as far as endgame is concerned for now? anything uses on delve2.0 atm? or anything period where it is the best? is death penalty's 40% dmg increase what even makes leaden even viable? I'm just curious about this before dropping 4m on pixie+1 thanks!

All "normal" mobs in incursion except some bosses and final boss(which seem to resist dark), makes good use of leaden as the best weaponskill.

Many Skirmish (both fodder and boss) mobs take huge damage from Leaden.

Delve Yorcia: All NM and tree boss(except Xagnar once blinded) take very high damage from Leaden
By Ramyrez 2015-01-08 10:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »

Grates on your trials, I did the Dogs in Aby-Attowa for mine , was able to oneshot them from like 50%+ HP once I get enough TP.

Schnitters are just on the other side of the hounds. As long as I don't get resists I was one-shotting them as from 80% or lower, but resists happen since, as stated, darkness-based, so things get a little trickier sometimes.

Finished them either way, but I've been busy, so I haven't set into Vermin yet.
By Latnemurtsni 2015-01-08 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

How are Lanun Gants +1 BIS over say, Alruna's +1? Does the 1AGI/5STR do more than the +7R.ATK?
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2015-01-08 13:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »
Delve Yorcia: All NM and tree boss(except Xagnar once blinded) take very high damage from Leaden

FYI, don't use leaden on T2 tree NM if you have another SAM spamming Fudo in same pt, it absorbs darkness SC dmg.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2015-01-08 20:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a COR thread, screw everyone buffing and dancing around SAM. Change name to SamFantasy 11
By fractalvoid 2015-01-08 20:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just do last stand for nice dmg and also light sc(if the sam does anything other than fudo) which doesn't heal it, like darkness does which was the point Afa was trying to make, not "hold tp for sam etc"
By Kooljack 2015-01-09 00:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually have some more inquiries with corsair. I've always liked corsair but have had falling outs with them off and on throughout corsair's history if you know what i mean. (i.e massive inventory hog)

I would love for an exact break down nm by nm for cailimh and utkux 1-5 & boss; what is the absolute best way to do this job correctly for those two delves for a melee oriented strategy. (non rng setup; assume 1 sam). I just want a play-by-play if you will for each nm for these two specific delves if anyone wouldn't mind sharing. subjob, ja's, ws's, rolls, positioning, everything + etc. would really appreciate the info, thanks!
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-01-09 06:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rolls always depend on setup, prioritizing hunter and chaos based on 1. whether your party whiffs, 2. whether your party is att capped. As they become superfluous you can swap them for fancier things such as SAM, Fighter or Miser.
JAs...I don't know what you're asking, do you know what cor jas do?

I've never done bird with melee. My group actually only killed it twice with rngs so I was shooting too. But Last Stand should be your go to ws there and for most of those nm as they're pierce weak.

Kamihr is one of the few places in the world where WF still serves a purpose(yeti and lion), the rest should be fine with Leaden but I don't remember off the top of my head if there's dark resistant mobs, it's been forever.

Sub for melee is always the same, dnc unless there's another dnc in party, nin otherwise. Haste samba, quickstep if acc is a problem, box step if not. Don't waste tp waltzing, mages are there for a reason.

Potentially need a medium to high acc melee set and don't forget sushi and ionis. Pop pdt if mob turns to you, mdt if a spell is coming, consider going full hybrid on boss(but depending on how things go for your group might not be necessary).

Positioning there was just something about the yeti but I forgot, check bgwiki for that info it's all there.
By Ramyrez 2015-01-09 08:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't waste tp waltzing, mages are there for a reason.

Largely agree, but you can often take great advantage of at least using Healing Waltz on yourself as most mages put you at bottom priority for erases and -nas. If I didn't healing waltz myself I'd never get rid of slow from slowga/slow-causing TP moves.
[+]
By Kooljack 2015-01-09 18:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

JAs...I don't know what you're asking, do you know what cor jas do?

like ice shot for pordarge was something i heard maybe there's others?

Positioning there was just something about the yeti but I forgot, check bgwiki for that info it's all there.

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Mirka

often times bgwiki is blank so i don't know truely.
 Shiva.Nokturnall
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Nokturnall 2015-01-19 17:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I'm having a tough time with my the function to equip an elemental obi based on day/weather elements. The functions look extremely simple, so I'm not sure what's wrong on my end. This is for my COR file. I am using Mote's basic file, including the globals. Here's my setup so far:

In my function init_gear_sets() i have:

sets.Obi = {}

sets.Obi.Fire = {waist='Karin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Earth = {waist='Dorin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Water = {waist='Suirin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Wind = {waist='Furin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Ice = {waist='Hyorin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Thunder = {waist='Rairin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Light = {waist='Korin Obi'}

sets.Obi.Dark = {waist='Anrin Obi'}

and at the end I have the following function:

function precast(spell)
if spell.english == 'Fire Shot' or spell.english == 'Ice Shot' or spell.english == 'Wind Shot' or spell.english == 'Earth Shot' or spell.english == 'Thunder Shot' or spell.english == 'Water Shot' then
if spell.element == world.weather_element or spell.element == world.day_element then
equip(sets.Obi[spell.element])
end
end
end

What am I missing?
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 156 157 158