users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 156 157 158
By minikomby 2017-02-02 16:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Azagarth said: »
Any idea how to have emp body on shots only when tripple shot is up? The way I was thinking to do ir would make it equip even for my melee sets too, not just on the ranged part. This would be bad because then I would be melee tping in emp+1 body when triple shot is up...

No idea why I never tested Triple Shot handling before... I guess I just assumed it worked b/c it was that way in Mote's. What was actually happening was is that it was only putting Empy on during JA activation, and not during shots.

Hades.Dade said: »
You will need to add a couple things.
First: add a set with body in it (assuming you care about keeping gear out of the control)
Code
sets.TripleShot = {body = "Chasseur's Frac +1"}

Add this with rest of the sets.

Second:
Add this after the post_precast function to handle your post midcast swaps. (around line 854)
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
	if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and buffactive['Triple Shot'] then
		equip(sets.TripleShot)
	end
end

If there is some kind of customization on acc set, or more complex gear swaps you want to add it should be simple from there. (you drop ~25 Racc going from AF1+2 to emp)

That lua is actually really nice. I like the way the sets are organized. I will prob switch over when I have some free time.

^ This is exactly how it should be. Updated the lua. Thanks!

Is really worth dropping Racc on Tripple shot buff with empy body+1? i notice activation is really nice with Jps but for the most content we have now... idk if body is worth or not to keep during Triple shot
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-02 16:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You can build a rule to not have it overwrite your max accuracy set for times when you really need the racc, but for other times, it is absolutely worth it. That's an extra 12% chance for one of the absolute best offensive abilities in the game to proc. The racc drop can hurt, but if you can get away with it, 100% do it.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-02-02 17:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
Is really worth dropping Racc on Tripple shot buff with empy body+1? i notice activation is really nice with Jps but for the most content we have now... idk if body is worth or not to keep during Triple shot

You could always set a Ranged Mode check in the function:
Code
function job_post_midcast(spell, action, spellMap, eventArgs)
    if spell.action_type == 'Ranged Attack' and buffactive['Triple Shot'] and state.RangedMode.current ~= 'Acc' then
        equip(sets.TripleShot)
    end
end

If your current Ranged mode is Acc, then it won't execute the swap.

The other option is to dump more acc into sets.TripleShot to offset the loss from using Chasseur's.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-02-02 17:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

minikomby said: »
Can anyone help me to dicide which piece is better????

Carmine regular body with MAB augment or

herculean with

magic acc +22
MAB +21
ws dmg +4

That Herc is better than NQ Carmine D, and basically a sidegrade to a moderately good but not perfect augmented Samnuha Coat (say, ~MAB+10 augment).

Perfect Samnuha beats both, though. To equal perfect Samnuha, it's going to vary a bit based on total set but Herc needs very strong augments - something like WSD+5% and MAB+22 or more (or WSD+4% and higher MAB). Obviously if you get really lucky Herc can blow the doors off it with stuff like off path AGI, a huge MAB aug, Dark Matter WSD above 5%, etc.
By Lorax 2017-02-02 17:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Lorax said: »
Having trouble with your melee sets in your lua Arislan, and also the haste mode toggle, all the regular engaged sets work but for some reason when I cap haste and change to a acc set it defaults to the normal no haste engaged sets~

Let me re-upload. Somehow the haste and accuracy classes/appends got reversed in the set names.

Apologies.

https://github.com/ArislanShiva/luas/blob/master/Arislan-COR.lua

Thanks! That solved it
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2017-02-07 00:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking at the list of augments for Doomsday and under the Leaf Stones section for 2-handed/Marks weapons I noticed Cure Potency +20% as a potential augment with Leafdim. Can anyone confirm that's a possible augment for Doomsday?

Edit: Threw some stones at one myself and yes it can.
 Bahamut.Rutato
Server: Bahamut
user: Ramru
By Bahamut.Rutato 2017-02-07 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I'm new to COR and have a few questions that I couldn't find answers to in the OP so I thought I'd try my luck here.

1. If I were only going to make one Camulus's mantle for COR weapon skills, what would you all recommend? Would AGI, MAcc and MAB cover both Leaden and Wildfire? Or, should I make one with AGI MAcc and WSD instead?

2. On a similar note, what belt should I use for Leaden/WF when not under the affect of Darksday, Voidstorm or dark weather?

3. how does a well augmented Doomsday/Holliday compare to Molybdosis? Obviously with augments you're playing the lottery, but is the DPS increase generally considered large enough merit putting the time/effort/gil into one of the two guns listed above?

4. What bullets should I use with Doomsday/Holliday/Molybdosis? Is there a good ammo pouch that I can buy off the moogle/AH or do I have to spend plasm or some other special currency to get what's considered standard?

5. How do non-RMEA users tend to use Triple shot? I haven't been taking advantage of it and I know I'm missing out on leveraging a potent DPS tool.

Thanks in advance for taking time to read and answer my questions!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-07 21:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1. If I were only going to make one, I would likely suggest AGI/racc/ratk/WSD, as it's fairly general-purpose. I do highly suggest making a macc/mdmg version of that, too, but if you're new and not using magical WSs in too high of content, the racc/ratk on Last Stand would be a bit more influential.

2. It's close between eschan stone and sveltesse gouriz +1. It depends on your total MAB and AGI values.

3. If you can get a ridiculously good augment on Holliday, something like 20 AGI and 20 MAB, it would beat Molybdosis. I've spent thousands of stones on mine and have never come close. Holliday is primarily for when you also need a good amount of racc and you're using magical WSs. Doomsday is still the best magical gun before RMEAs, but you need to invest an absurd amount into it. Some people will suggest it, but I feel the tens of millions you'll spend on it is much better used elsewhere.

4. For magical stuff, use Orichalcum Bullets from the moogle. Physical, Divine are the best we have.

5. I pop that every chance I get. As soon as buffs are settled and I'm able to DPS, that's active.
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 11:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Spent the whole day trying to perfect my preshot.RA sets and going all out. Using a lot of stacked up Taeon pieces with the Leaftip + Dusktip double Snapshot combo.

Disregarding:

- Haverton Ring
- Compensator Snapshot
- Kustawi Rapid Shot

Assumed:

- Capped Jobpoints (10 Snapshot)

This is what I have now:

ItemSet 349403

Head: Snap +9 (Caps at +10 with +5 from Leaftip and +5 from Dusktip)
Back: Snap +10
Legs: Rapid +10

51 Rapid Shot
71 Snapshot without buffs

ItemSet 349404
ItemSet 349413

Head: Snap +9 (Caps at +10 with +5 from Leaftip and +5 from Dusktip)

75 Rapid Shot or 76 Rapid shot
71 Snapshot with Flurry I

ItemSet 349409

94 Rapid Shot
71 Snapshot with Flurry II

Any suggestions on things I might have missed welcome !
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 14:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoughts on the "What if I had a Haverton" side of life:

ItemSet 349410

Head: Snap +9

61 Rapid Shot
72 Snapshot without buffs

ItemSet 349411

85 Rapid Shot
72 Snapshot with Flurry

ItemSet 349412

99 Rapid Shot
75 Snapshot with Flurry II
[+]
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-09 16:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

While I like your sets I'd aim for 72% snapshot to be safe. Most everything is done on /1024 calculations and it to hard to really test if this is the case for snapshot with packet delay but I would say its smarter to assume it is then not.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-09 18:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Most sets have 71 Snapshot. I can aim for a perfect +10 augment on the hat and/or body for sets that include it. For other sets it's more difficult to get 1 more snapshot as safety margin. Not sure if it would be worth it.

I'll go back and add the value so people can decide if they want to sacrifice things more easily.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-10 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Most sets have 71 Snapshot. I can aim for a perfect +10 augment on the hat and/or body for sets that include it. For other sets it's more difficult to get 1 more snapshot as safety margin. Not sure if it would be worth it.

I'll go back and add the value so people can decide if they want to sacrifice things more easily.
Yea going from 71 to 72% probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. Its like the 10 vs 11 DW thing. I only added a few up and one of them happened to be the 70% one.

Side note with +1 Hav Ring now it gives 7% snapshot so all those sets would be 72% now.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-10 15:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll work on updating the sheet to be inline with all the BRD songs changes this weekend but its my Aeonic Helm weekend with the LS and we have more then 18 people to finish up so will be a busy weekend for sure. So it might not come out till Monday night.

Edit Feb 11th, 2017: I like some of the extra buffs the BLU sheet added recently, that I hadn't thought about, so I plan to include those on ours. I also had the same idea(1-11 drop down list) for COR rolls as they did and will be doing that method also, except for snapshot since we don't know any values sadly. I'll also be making a switch for Dunna/Idris like they did so you don't have to go looking up values if you changed the defaults.
By Afania 2017-02-13 08:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Does current version of spreadsheet has fotia tp return implemented? Because if not then it seems that fotia is the best savage neck even when attack isn't capped, due to 1% tp return.

Speaking of which, recently I just found that vulcan's pearl > moonshade if savage is used at 1600 tp or more with tp bonus magian. Since it's so easy to over tp to 1600+ with haste/amnesia/lag whatever, been wsing in wrong ear for my entire life.......
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-13 08:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Side note with +1 Hav Ring now it gives 7% snapshot so all those sets would be 72% now.

So.... tempting....

Anyway updated those sets with Haverton +1.
By Afania 2017-02-13 09:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

So.... tempting....

Anyway updated those sets with Haverton +1.

COR has bigger DPS increase with Karieyh HQ IMO. 4% wsd is pretty huge for some WS. On the other hand ranged attack has limited use.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-13 10:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
4% wsd is pretty huge for some WS.

It might get dimished a bit if you already have a high base WSD Mod from Back 10 / Body 10 / Hands 5 / Earring 2 and whatever your got on top with lucky herc. I however didn't math it out exactly if someone is bored enough and wants to deeply explore this topic.

Quote:
On the other hand ranged attack has limited use.

I guess this depends a bit on your LSes. Ours likes to throw a Ranger and Corsair mix at different things like here.

I however was pretty surprised myself that my COR was able to keep up so well. Keeping up almost permanent Triple Shot from WC / Random Deal / Revitalizer abuse from 2 CORs in Party certainly helped.

[+]
By Afania 2017-02-13 13:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
4% wsd is pretty huge for some WS.

It might get dimished a bit if you already have a high base WSD Mod from Back 10 / Body 10 / Hands 5 / Earring 2 and whatever your got on top with lucky herc. I however didn't math it out exactly if someone is bored enough and wants to deeply explore this topic.

To be more specific, the WS it affects the most is probably wildfire and savage blade. From what I've seen, at very high ws avg, WSD +4% adds more, at low ws avg WSD adds less.

Here is example of Karieyh +1 v.s alternatives for savage:
Capped attack:

Uncapped attack:

The gap is much bigger at capped attack, not so much when attack uncapped. Note that this set has 39% wsd before ring slot, so high wsd isn't hindering Karieyh +1 performance.

In terms of wildfire, nq malaise, using my set:
Arvina +1: 19847
Ilabrat: 19856
Karieyh +1: 20153

Bolster nq malaise(that's -60 mdb right? Kinda forget ><):
Arvina +1: 34732
Ilabrat: 34748
Karieyh +1: 35269

For last stand, the gap seems smaller at capped pdif, and I couldn't get Karieyh +1 to win at low pdif. That being said, since last update nerfed nm evasion, I'm having hard time imagining savage lose to last stand in melee mode anymore, unless self SC damage is really relevant. At lowest acc, I'm currently seeing 10k ws difference on my spreadsheet at capped pdif, assuming aug is same level(7 stat mod 4% wsd is what I used) and every other slot is ideal. The gap is so huge ._.

In terms of Haverton +1, it's 6 more racc, or 15 more rapid shot from the sets post above. personally I'd take 500 more ws dmg instead.

That being said, I picked Haverton years ago, kinda lame.

I however was pretty surprised myself that my COR was able to keep up so well. Keeping up almost permanent Triple Shot from WC / Random Deal / Revitalizer abuse from 2 CORs in Party certainly helped.

Yeah, there's a pretty massive gap between player with high quality sets and low quality sets even if both has REMA, so yeah it's not surprising. Everytime when I see people pick DD by jobs instead of sets quality then tell notDD jobs like COR to gtfo because they "already have one" I just want to facepalm...........- -

(I would bring an alliance of COR if I could :))))
[+]
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2017-02-13 13:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That being said, I picked Haverton years ago, kinda lame.

Get a new Ring for 300 000 Bayld then ! Don't let your dreams be dreams.
[+]
By hobo 2017-02-16 18:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I know in the Omen thread people were saying Truefight strats were generally uneffected by the update, I was wondering if people's Leadens were doing similar damage as before.

I ask because I was doing some melee Kirin and WoC attempts and my leaden damage was looking terrible. Obviously it was melee buffs so I wasn't expecting huge numbers but I was seeing oddly low numbers such as 800-1k.

Do I need to readjust some of my augments for some more macc on bosses? I know my sets were swapping the proper gear in at least cause I tried on trash right before and got 25k with 3k tp.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-02-16 19:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't adjust augments until you test with actual mage buffs. Magic damage on 135+ content isn't going to do well without the proper buffs, and the same goes for melee.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-02-16 19:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

did an Omen farm today got gorger, usualy in the past (no geo) Stand would win dmg, but today unbuffed salute was doing 10-16k.
By Afania 2017-02-16 20:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
I know in the Omen thread people were saying Truefight strats were generally uneffected by the update, I was wondering if people's Leadens were doing similar damage as before.

I ask because I was doing some melee Kirin and WoC attempts and my leaden damage was looking terrible. Obviously it was melee buffs so I wasn't expecting huge numbers but I was seeing oddly low numbers such as 800-1k.

Do I need to readjust some of my augments for some more macc on bosses? I know my sets were swapping the proper gear in at least cause I tried on trash right before and got 25k with 3k tp.

Last updated nerfed focus/languor, and monster meva, therefore on NMs that you need focus/languor before nerf(T4, Kirin, WoC, Reisen T3), you probably would see leaden damage decrease, on the other hand on NMs that you don't need or had focus/languor before nerf(Zitah/Ruann T1~T3, any 6 man pt with physical melee dps), you should see damage increase.

If you use melee setup for Kirn/WoC, then the ideal DD strategy is to melee with melee physical WS, such as savage blade, to get the most out of melee buffs. Try to use same kind of DD strategy/WS as other pt members as much as possible. There's no need to deal with 15k salute when savage does 20k~35k or more.
[+]
By hobo 2017-02-16 22:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright that makes sense, wanted to make sure I was not just doing something completely wrong.

I did one leaden cause its a fun weapon skill, but I will just stick to savage or last stand spam when in a melee party. Means I should work on my melee sets.
By Afania 2017-02-19 08:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Since someone posted new evasion in another thread:

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Warder of Courage:
1682 acc - 55.87% hit rate (1099 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1720]

Onychophora:
1329 acc - 46.35% hit rate (507 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1386]

Teles:
1606 acc - 84.87% hit rate (1652 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1586]

Albumen:
1682 acc - 29.59% hit rate (970 samples)
[Estimated Evasion: 1773]

It got me curious about whether COR can hit those NMs without buffs now. Looking at current perfect racc set:

ItemSet 349597
(AGI+20 racc+30 back, adhemar path C)

It looks like it's possible to hit 1700+ racc in escha with sushi+vorseals, before GEO/BRD/COR/RDM buffs/debuff, add a crooked hunters roll the acc would be capped on Albumen, without ever needing extra GEO, BRD, RDM occupying a buff slot.

Since magic ws naturally has higher macc than nukes, COR leaden/wildfire spam on T4 go?
By hobo 2017-02-20 23:04:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I am doing something very wrong with the spreadsheet or there is an error. I checked every cell twice. They are all set to the same thing in Setup, Gear, R_Gear, and JA_Gear yet somehow I get 2 significantly different values for the two sets. Just to test I wasn't super crazy as well I tried it on two different computers and asked LS mates who noticed the same thing.

I'm inclined to think its the spreadsheet cause I tried removing Head, Neck, both Earrings, and both Rings in Set 1 and the spreadsheet still said it was higher set dps, though average shot and ranged dps were calculated properly
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-21 00:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Since magic ws naturally has higher macc than nukes, COR leaden/wildfire spam on T4 go?
IDK I watched another LS on our server try to do Mandy mage style with a DP COR closing dist SCs and watch him and the BLMs proceed to do sub 10k on both death and Leaden so its macc+ doesn't seem to be much better. Only time things shot up were when RUN did its JAs also but then death pretty much stopped being resisted too.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2017-02-21 00:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

hobo said: »
I think I am doing something very wrong with the spreadsheet or there is an error. I checked every cell twice. They are all set to the same thing in Setup, Gear, R_Gear, and JA_Gear yet somehow I get 2 significantly different values for the two sets. Just to test I wasn't super crazy as well I tried it on two different computers and asked LS mates who noticed the same thing.

I'm inclined to think its the spreadsheet cause I tried removing Head, Neck, both Earrings, and both Rings in Set 1 and the spreadsheet still said it was higher set dps, though average shot and ranged dps were calculated properly
I can't get that to happen locally its calculating the same dps can you upload your copy of the sheet somewhere for me to download? I had someone else have this problem and they swore it was all the same but it wasn't :P
By hobo 2017-02-21 00:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure thing, Uploaded it to drive I'd be happy for you to show me that I just messed up a value somewhere
First Page 2 3 ... 128 129 130 ... 156 157 158