The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 156 157 158
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 12:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I was going to say that the magic accuracy skill from a mainhand is definitely going to play a large role.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 13:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I have noticed magical ws at least from rng (don't use it on melee much) are really accurate when ilvl in all slots so that'd make sense to me that it uses both. No ilvl Gun or Bow or Xbow I've seen though has magic accuracy skill (magic dmg, combat skill and maybe magic acc, but never magic acc skill) like all almost all ilvl melee weapons do, so I'm going to guess that's why the melee weapon seems to have a bigger impact on accuracy as well.

Also while Leaden is magical damage it lands through the magical shield on Bashmu, so it has some physical properties to manage that. So no clue how it's classified in game, but it has some mix of physical and magical mechanics in game.
By Afania 2016-07-27 13:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Verda said: »
I have noticed magical ws at least from rng (don't use it on melee much) are really accurate when ilvl in all slots so that'd make sense to me that it uses both. No ilvl Gun or Bow or Xbow I've seen though has magic accuracy skill (magic dmg, combat skill and maybe magic acc, but never magic acc skill) like all almost all ilvl melee weapons do, so I'm going to guess that's why the melee weapon seems to have a bigger impact on accuracy as well.

Also while Leaden is magical damage it lands through the magical shield on Bashmu, so it has some physical properties to manage that. So no clue how it's classified in game, but it has some mix of physical and magical mechanics in game.

It could be just glitch or how hydra Magic shield move works. It works with Amymone's magic shield too.

I don't think it works like flaming crush which does both type of dmg, I also don't notice leaden works as physical ws in other situations. It always do dmg when nm takes magic dmg, can't do dmg when nm doesn't take magic dmg from my experience. Hydra magic shield being the exception I can think of atm.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-27 13:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Now that's very interesting. I don't believe Sanguine lands through the magic shield, and I would have expected the two of them to be similar in properties.
By Afania 2016-07-27 13:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Now that's very interesting. I don't believe Sanguine lands through the magic shield, and I would have expected the two of them to be similar in properties.

My experience with hydra is quite limited though, I would just test the magical ws next time I do them.
 Asura.Feinare
user: feinare
By Asura.Feinare 2016-07-27 14:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Now, as we know for a long time now, your main hand weapon and not your ranged weapon determine magical accuracy so this works
I have tested things along these lines on fodder in reisen (Faaz). I disagree that ranged weapon does not matter for resists. And + magic accuracy clearly does matter. I have experienced this using corsair heavy strats on mid/high tier nm in reisen. When macc buffs drop, magic ws dmg resists very often.

Mainhand magic accuracy skill matters, offhand does not. "magic accuracy +" helps anywhere you get it. Gun matters for resists as well.

Lvl90 armageddon will resist magic ws on Faaz when naked with no mainhand weapon equiped (or a mainhand with no magic accuracy skill +). 90 armageddon will not resist when naked and using a 119 weapon with + magic accuracy skill. I forgot which mainhand weapon I used for this and my cosair was low JP when I did this.

Holliday(no augs) will not resist magic ws on Faaz when naked and with no mainhand weapon. This, compared to 90 arma led me to believe ranged weapon matters, unless they take the "max macc" of your mainhand and ranged slot for some reason. Since no magic accuracy skill is listed on guns, it wasn't clear to me what attribute on the weapon was going to the magic ws accuracy. Maybe the + marksmanship skill. I didn't look into this further.

This was small sample and I dont have the data saved, but it was very noticable and it is easy to test. I did the tests when looking into chatoyant + weather possibilities, but it sucks when you need the macc. I wouldn't use a martial gun at this point on my character, so the ranged slot isn't exactly effected by this info much (and it is hard to gear marks skill against macc if that is what is effecting it?).

Edit: looks like you guys touched on the marks effects. I forgot to submit post and didn't refresh after lunch. Opps.
[+]
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2016-07-27 14:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone confirm that Leaftip/Leafslit stone gives WSD augment? I've spent like 8 mil for that single augment and I haven't even seen 1% WSD. It's probably just the nature of RNGesus but it's really frustrating
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-07-27 14:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

slit yes, tip maybe, I have 5wsd on my doomsday from leafslit stone, cannot recall any WSD from tip.
By Verda 2016-07-27 14:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »

I know that Fenrir's Impact goes through Hyrda's shield. Those types of magical shield are really weird, skillchain base damages and en effects go through it too. I heard BLU magic doesn't go through it, I don't know if trueflight does. It's just a very weird type of magical shield, it blocks enfeebles, and elemental/blue magic, I thought blood pacts and en spells were mostly the only types of exception but I guess not :P
 Lakshmi.Ipsen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tyrael
By Lakshmi.Ipsen 2016-08-06 15:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Back into COR again, not really sure what to be using for weapons gear for tp as the guide is not up to date nor can I use the spreadsheet atm. Some options are:

Fettering Blade
Demersal Degen +1
Atoyac (MAB/OAT)
Odium
NQ Blurred Knife
Rhadamantus

Let me know if I am missing a weapon here. Confused as to what would be best to use to melee (i.e. VD Ambuscade) and what augment to put on my TP cape (DA10%/STP10/DW10). Thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-08-06 15:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

BiS for COR TP is Fettering Blade / Blurred Knife +1. Odium is probably better than NQ Blurred.

I also did DA+10 on my TP cape as SAM roll gives ample STP. And that's with my Blurred Knife+1, haven't mathed it out but DA probably still wins for me.
By Afania 2016-08-06 15:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ipsen said: »
Back into COR again, not really sure what to be using for weapons gear for tp as the guide is not up to date nor can I use the spreadsheet atm. Some options are:

Fettering Blade
Demersal Degen +1
Atoyac (MAB/OAT)
Odium
NQ Blurred Knife
Rhadamantus

Let me know if I am missing a weapon here. Confused as to what would be best to use to melee (i.e. VD Ambuscade) and what augment to put on my TP cape (DA10%/STP10/DW10). Thanks.

The Bis melee weapon options are:
Fettering+atoyac for leaden and wf, Fettering+ blurred knife +1 if you need acc when using leaden in melee mode.

Blurred+1 for melee last stand, blurred +1 x2 for melee last stand if using dw SJ. Personally I rarely use DW SJ anytime I need last stand though.

Fettering + blurred +1 for Savage blade.

Out of your current options, Rhada and nq blurred isn't that good so I wouldn't consider it personally. Degen +1 can replace blurred hq if you don't have it, it just has less acc.

Personally I pick stp +10 for melee cap, on my old spreadsheet it seems to beat da+10 as long as Im hitting reasonable ws avg(20k-25k ws avg is easily doable in eacha t1 and t2 or piercing ambu). I don't really benefit from dw cape due to the lack of strong tp herc body. But it could be an option to look into if your tp set benefits from dw in back slot. I also don't alway tp with dw sj so that makes stp aug generally more useful to pick.
By Ruaumoko 2016-08-06 18:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Where does the Holliday rank for non-RMEA users?

Holliday seems better than Molybdosis for Last Stand but inferior for Leaden Salute. I am working on Fomalhaut quite soon, does that replace both?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-06 18:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

forma is best for Last stand of course, i know it is not the best Salute gun and im quite sure Moly or Doomsday would be better for Salute.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-08-06 18:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

To my understanding, Fomalhaut is the second best for Leaden with the TP bonus, and it's absolutely exceptional for Last Stand.

Holliday is actually a pretty good gun and can offer a lot for you. Higher base damage and a very large amount of racc and AGI for Last Stand, and you can also get some good MAB/AGI bonuses through augments, as well.
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-06 19:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Where does the Holliday rank for non-RMEA users?

Holliday seems better than Molybdosis for Last Stand but inferior for Leaden Salute. I am working on Fomalhaut quite soon, does that replace both?

What's your augment on Holliday? Really hard to tell without knowing your aug. I can't find much info on weapon augment range either. To my knowledge high end doomsday is still No1 none REMA options because of wsd augment.

In terms of leaden ws avg, Fomalhaut should be above everything else including skill 242 dp at 1000 tp, but not skill 269 nor 3000 tp leaden. It should beat Moly as well, since Moly doesn't even beat high end doomsday. At least that's the result last time I checked with excel. It also doesn't have any modifier for wf.

It's not that easy to figure out overall dmg including tp phase and ws phase with tons of variable, so I only tell you that Holliday or moly PROBABLY beats Fomalhaut for wf since both weapons beats Fomalhaut for wf avg, unless Fomalhaut generates enough white dmg to catch up. I wouldn't replace Holliday or moly with Fomalhaut unless you have arma III for wf.

It's definitely better than everything else for last stand by a large margin, not just because of tp bonus, but the extra sc dmg from last stand light and radiance. Was soloing T1 the other day, 4 step radiance quickly generated 57k light and 93k radiance from 20k last stand with allies roll. Against mobs that takes good physical dmg and sc dmg, it definitely outperforms tp bonus magian Savage blade build and kills 2x faster. To my knowledge there aren't other gun and ws combo that can generate this much dmg when physical dmg is needed. Definitely a very game changing cor weapon especially now that NM has less evasion, making physical ws more viable on high end NMs.

I would even build a last stand set with skill chain bonus aug on herc just for closing 4 steps, personally. With recent evasion change I think this gun may out perform arma III on Reisen T3 ranged setup, just because of SC.
By Ruaumoko 2016-08-06 20:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
What's your augment on Holliday? Really hard to tell without knowing your aug.
DMG+10 AGI+15 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+15 Snapshot+8%

Also, additional question. How much of an impact does WSD+% have on Last Stand?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-06 21:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD on last stand is not bad for it since its only a 2 hit WS but its not as potent as it is for WF and salute. if you can get it thats great but i would focus more on AGI and Racc Rattack.
By Afania 2016-08-06 22:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Afania said: »
What's your augment on Holliday? Really hard to tell without knowing your aug.
DMG+10 AGI+15 Ranged Accuracy+20 Ranged Attack+15 Snapshot+8%

Also, additional question. How much of an impact does WSD+% have on Last Stand?

That aug isn't beating moly for leaden and wf, unless you are spending gil on more augment, I would just use Holliday as stopgap weapon until Fomalhaut for leaden and last stand, then keep moly for wf if I were you.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-08-07 02:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I keep rolling on this, and if so what am I looking for to beat this as far as leaden goes?
By eliroo 2016-08-08 07:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Fire shot w/ Empy boots effect the damage of Wildfire?

Reason I'm asking is because I have noticed that Wildfire does pretty much the same damage to a certain mob. I was fighting a mob the other day and recorded my WF numbers used Fire shot and then fired again and saw the same numbers.

Just to make sure my Macro was working I fired two fire shots in a row and noticed an increase in damage on the second one.

Is this normal behavior? I have read several places that Fire Shot/ Dark Shot increases Leaden + Wildfire damage but given my experience with Fire shot + Wildfire it doesn't seem to be working.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-08 07:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It works but it can be resisted.
By Afania 2016-08-08 13:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Does the Fire shot w/ Empy boots effect the damage of Wildfire?

Reason I'm asking is because I have noticed that Wildfire does pretty much the same damage to a certain mob. I was fighting a mob the other day and recorded my WF numbers used Fire shot and then fired again and saw the same numbers.

Just to make sure my Macro was working I fired two fire shots in a row and noticed an increase in damage on the second one.

Is this normal behavior? I have read several places that Fire Shot/ Dark Shot increases Leaden + Wildfire damage but given my experience with Fire shot + Wildfire it doesn't seem to be working.

If someone cast dia on the NM or perform a sc, or any type of magic dmg, the dmg boost will be used and no longer work.

So your wf has to come after fire shot right away, otherwise there is a risk that the dmg boost will be used by someone else's magic dmg. When you do fireshot x2 you often use it back to back thus it's easier to land it before someone else in the pt use magic dmg on it.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-08 15:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend sticking with doomsday if you have good augs on it or Molybdosis since it's still better than the augs on that Holliday, if you want to use Holliday for Salute you will want better than Molys stats but that can be hard to get.
By BlaTheTaru 2016-08-08 15:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I would recommend sticking with doomsday if you have good augs on it or Molybdosis since it's still better than the augs on that Holliday, if you want to use Holliday for Salute you will want better than Molys stats but that can be hard to get.

Thanks. I suppose I'll just ask you in game next time.
By Afania 2016-08-08 17:41:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing one round of gear set optimization(dear lord which took me 6+ hr of work to sort out spreadsheets and look for gears), found that dual wielding 2x OAT weapons out performs fettering/OAT for melee leaden spam despite fettering/oat combo has higher leaden dmg, if not factoring possible resists from mainhanding lower macc skill weapons.

Since it's different from the result I got months ago, was wondering if anyone got the same result? Or is my spreadsheet just broken?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-08-08 18:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't run the spreadsheet for it but I would belive that, while doing DP trials I am dual wielding D Degans and when I did urganites I was using salute every 2-5 seconds with capped haste(it was fun).
[+]
By Afania 2016-08-08 21:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

What's everyone's sets looks like nowadays? Finally almost done with first round of set optimization(good 8hr of work/research/adding gears to spreadsheets - -),need some advice or opinion in case I'm missing something or gear wrong.....

Requiescat:
ItemSet 300734

Carmine feet path B, tp bonus Ataktos.

Found that ambuskadi is surprisingly good for requiescat if don't have/not going for MND path carmine just because of massive attack on them to offset the attack penalty. Don't have MND/acc attk/DA ambuscade cape and don't plan to make one for a niche WS.

Single wield melee tp(for /WAR mostly):
ItemSet 345204

Stp path on melee JSE back.

Found that ainia collar almost always beats asperity neck when /WAR, but when subbing NIN or DNC it may or may not pull ahead of asperity neck depending on other slots of gear or weapon used. In the end I just stick with ainia collar whenever I /WAR and don't need acc.

Cheap and lazy COR's last stand set:
ItemSet 339198

Ambuskadi 5/5 and done XDDD The set just has high AGI/rattk/racc to be very functional XDD. Maybe someone can get better last stand set with WSD/SCB with herc/dark matter augment but I can't XD

If trueshot is applicable or don't need racc then WS in adhemar feet instead. Against fodder swap head for AF2 or AF3 head, legs to adhemar legs for more AGI/stp. But in most content ambuskadi 5/5 or 4/5 + adhemar feet should work without high end herc augment?

If more racc is required the ideal racc swap seems to be(from least ws dmg lost to most ws dmg lose): Ishvara to Telos > Garuda+1 to Haverton or Hajduk > Chrono bullet to devastating bullet > Fomalhaut to Armageddon.

AGI/racc/rattk/WSD back.

Arma 119 III AM3 ranged dps:
ItemSet 342275

Made this set which focus on crit hit rate/dmg because everytime when I over tp with triple shot when using wf, I feel I lose tons of ranged dps since WF dmg doesn't scale up with more than 1000 tp. Over tp happens when first or 2nd /ra don't have triple shot proc, then it proc on last hit to 1000 tp.

Unsure if ambuskadi hands beats AF3 hands or not. This set only works if SAM roll high enough for extra 50 stp though. If not hitting high enough with SAM roll then it can't maintain 4 hit including WS to 1000 tp thus can't be used.

Unsure if AF3 body which provides 12% more proc rate but less ranged dps/racc is better choice, I'm guessing yes but not sure how to confirm with current version of spreadsheet.

Numbing shot(for multi step SC, thus focus on dmg over para duration)
ItemSet 345207

Haven't spreadsheet this one, unsure if gearing right or wrong, or if missing any gears.

Evisceration(mostly a physical SC ws)
ItemSet 327175

I think adhemar feet B is BiS(excluding herc augment stuff), but don't have 2nd copy for path B so I stick with ambuskadi feet. Not sure if missing any gears for it. Back has DEX+20, not sure if ramuh+1 is better ring.

Other sets are a lot more straight forward IMO.

Edit: Speaking of which, 7 years of playing COR and being a fan of optimizing COR sets in all situations, never spend this much time on figuring out how to gear until 2016. Gear variety in FFXI 2016 is real ._.(which is a good thing for this game)
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2016-08-08 23:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

For evisceration,should af3 hand better than ambuscade hand because of the critical hit rate?
By Afania 2016-08-09 00:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »
For evisceration,should af3 hand better than ambuscade hand because of the critical bit rate?

I just rechecked sheets, ambu hands seems to outperform af3 hands in both attack cap and uncap situations. Idk! Maybe 13 DEX > 6 crit? Or my spreadsheet is broken XD. It's been pretty glitchy since I add gears and change WS mods XD.

Edit: Just found that adhemar hands B has higher dex than both, how can I miss that....fixed.
First Page 2 3 ... 107 108 109 ... 156 157 158