2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 156 157 158
By Afania 2016-07-13 01:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
I would greatly appreciate it if you could. And no worries about adding in gear. I have far too many specific pieces I have to add in, anyways.

Sent!
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2016-07-15 10:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have a list of all the equipment that modifies Phantom Roll duration? The one on BG-wiki seems very incomplete.
By Verda 2016-07-15 11:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There isn't a lot of it, here's my base Phantom Roll set, gives duration, potency, and recast:
ItemSet 344760

Getting to 9.5 min rolls requires also 5/5 Winning Streak merits, and Phantom Roll Duration from job points. If you have this gear and those merits/job points you should be at 9.5 minute rolls. The ring and legs are for potency and recast. An augmented gunslinger's cape can have another 5 off recast, but since Camulus came out I haven't used it. I recommend filling the rest with -enmity or DT gear or both.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-15 20:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm doing something wrong here... but I'm at 2100JP, 5/5 Winning Streak and have all the stuff you listed, and I'm topping out at 8:38...

ItemSet 344774
By Afania 2016-07-15 20:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gearswap errors?
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-15 21:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm, it was a Timers error. >.<
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-23 21:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a page with discussion on entry level gear? didnt really find any a few back
By Afania 2016-07-23 21:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iuno said: »
is there a page with discussion on entry level gear? didnt really find any a few back

What kind of entry lv are you looking for? Ambuscade nq and hq set is pretty easy to get, or escha Zitah stuff.
By eliroo 2016-07-23 21:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Top priority should be the rolling gear and none of it is particularly hard to obtain.

Ambuscade gear + Haste belt is a great start as well for TPing and such.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-07-23 21:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Does anyone have a list of all the equipment that modifies Phantom Roll duration? The one on BG-wiki seems very incomplete.
Went through and added everything else I knew(same things listed on this page) about not on the page.
 Asura.Iuno
user: freyavp
By Asura.Iuno 2016-07-23 21:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Asura.Iuno said: »

What kind of entry lv are you looking for? Ambuscade nq and hq set is pretty easy to get, or escha Zitah stuff.
melee, ranged attack, and maybe weapon skill. looks like not too difficult to get draw stuffs already on this page
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-07-25 22:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

which scrap should i use for blood mask's QD augment?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-25 22:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyrmal is your only option.
[+]
 Sylph.Feary
Server: Sylph
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2016-07-26 20:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Wyrmal is your only option.

thanks
 Asura.Patb
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2016-07-27 00:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if anyone could point me in some better upgrades for my Leaden salute set.

ItemSet 344939

Atoyac is matb/oat augment
Compensator is matb path
I am working on finishing WoTG for the earring
Vest: 32macc 42matb
Gloves: 25macc 45matb
legs: 31macc 30matb 5wsd
feet: 27macc 41matb
Back: 5matb 4wsd

I will make an ambuscade cape next month, I'm thinking 30agi, 20macc/md 10wsd.

Other than Mythic, what should I be working towards?
 Asura.Faloun
user: Chroph
By Asura.Faloun 2016-07-27 00:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get Baetyl pendant for neck. It's MAB+13
 Bahamut.Darksouls
Server: Bahamut
user: blacksoul
By Bahamut.Darksouls 2016-07-27 00:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Patb said: »
Wondering if anyone could point me in some better upgrades for my Leaden salute set.

ItemSet 344939

Compensator is matb path

voodoo body and hands should be better
By Afania 2016-07-27 01:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »

ItemSet 344939

Compensator is matb path

His herc vest is 30 AGI 32 macc 42 mab, voodoo body is 23 AGI 42 mab, I don't see hq being better.

Voodoo hands is 12 AGI 42 mab 6 stp, his herc hand is 8 AGI 25 macc 45 mab, so it's 4 AGI 6 stp v.s 25 macc 3 mab. Sidegrade IMO.

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask dev to comfirm whether macc affects magical ws acc during Reddit dev AMA :( I'm hating myself now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-27 01:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask dev to comfirm whether macc affects magical ws acc during Reddit dev AMA :(
No comment!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ipsen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tyrael
By Lakshmi.Ipsen 2016-07-27 07:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darksouls said: »

ItemSet 344939

Compensator is matb path

His herc vest is 30 AGI 32 macc 42 mab, voodoo body is 23 AGI 42 mab, I don't see hq being better.

Voodoo hands is 12 AGI 42 mab 6 stp, his herc hand is 8 AGI 25 macc 45 mab, so it's 4 AGI 6 stp v.s 25 macc 3 mab. Sidegrade IMO.

Speaking of which, I forgot to ask dev to comfirm whether macc affects magical ws acc during Reddit dev AMA :( I'm hating myself now.

For Leaden salute, is it better to prioritize MAB or WSD on Herculean items? So far I have mostlyy MACC/MAB and im not seeing all that great of results (not bad, just not great). Thanks.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 07:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ipsen said: »
For Leaden salute, is it better to prioritize MAB or WSD on Herculean items? So far I have mostlyy MACC/MAB and im not seeing all that great of results (not bad, just not great). Thanks.

Last I mathed it out 1% of WSD was equal to 3-3.5 MAB. As you get more MAB WSD will become more powerful.
 Shiva.Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-07-27 08:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have people who will do Skirmish with you, Doomsday w/ STR/AGI, MAB and WSD is still a very competitive gun.

Lakshmi.Ipsen said: »

You want a mix of MAB, AGI and WSD to boost Leaden.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-07-27 10:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

doomsday is an easy one to get and is very effective, Holliday can be good with the right augments, or if you can get in a pt for WoC Molybdosis is about as good as a maxed Doomsday.
By Verda 2016-07-27 10:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any reason to think it doesn't and reasons to think it does. While getting job points on RNG most of it was solo in Reisenjima on Mosquitos. I would dual wield Malevolence and use martial gun to one shot them with trueflight at 1k tp. Now, as we know for a long time now, your main hand weapon and not your ranged weapon determine magical accuracy so this works. I tried using kraken club to super build tp because I have a great melee accuracy set that works in reisenjima for it. When I did this I immediately noticed crap dmg. Getting 1/2 1/4 etc resists as the norm. So I tried using pear crepe, and sure enough, the rate at which it was resisted went down. I figured if I had a geo mule in the party focus would help even more, but I just went back to using malevolence because getting resisted meant no one shots. I've also noticed in testing BCNM on normal if I use a magical acc set vs not one I seem to get more consistent damage. Now all these are firsthand and not extremely high samples in a controlled environment, but I'm pretty certain magic acc is something that can be very important for magical ws and that from gear it counts. I noticed improvement too on resist rates going from Gyve doublet to Samnuha coat, which has more magic acc (and more agi+mab) and again when using herc with 35 mab and 31 magic acc. When doing targets like neak too, I have noticed not having focus can result in much lower numbers. SE also recently released info on what magic acc skill does on weapons, it translates into magic accuracy. So the diff between using say kraken club, and an ilvl weapon in that slot instead further supports this.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 10:57:27
Link | Quote | Reply

My Leaden lands more effectively with Indi-focus up when doing things like Ironside. So I'm pretty sure it is magic accuracy based.
By Afania 2016-07-27 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »

I don't have any reason to think it doesn't and reasons to think it does. While getting job points on RNG most of it was solo in Reisenjima on Mosquitos. I would dual wield Malevolence and use martial gun to one shot them with trueflight at 1k tp. Now, as we know for a long time now, your main hand weapon and not your ranged weapon determine magical accuracy so this works.

Just minor correction, the combat skill on ranged weapon does affect macc, that's why we don't leaden in martial gun(it's better than DP) on most things. You may not get resist because of vorseals and macc on gears. Personally I got a lot more resist on VT+ with tp bonus magian outside of escha.

Thanks for the confirmation from everyone, guess we can safely assume macc does affect ws acc with this many testimonials for now....until dev state otherwise.
By Verda 2016-07-27 12:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Afania, I didn't know marksmanship skill contributed too. When I tried using another gun though that had 242 skill and kraken club I was still getting massive magical resists, so perhaps the mainhand weapon still contributes more? Otherwise, I could imagine Iridal Staff might've seen more use? :<
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-07-27 12:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Afania, I didn't know marksmanship skill contributed too. When I tried using another gun though that had 242 skill and kraken club I was still getting massive magical resists, so perhaps the mainhand weapon still contributes more? Otherwise, I could imagine Iridal Staff might've seen more use? :<

There's a chance it actually adds both, which explains why Leaden has far less resist issues than say your regular mage, who loads mag acc in every slot and still gets resists. Also we leaden exclusively in a head with 0 mag acc at all, so we should be a good bit behind on landing, but we're not.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-27 12:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk how much combat skill affects ws acc, only heard testimonials from people saying they got more wf resist with extremely low marksmanship skills on BG, plus personal experience while building my tp bonus magian gun on VT mobs.

Again, I should have ask dev to confirm all these things during dev AMA =(
[+]
By Verda 2016-07-27 12:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed magical ws at least from rng (don't use it on melee much) are really accurate when ilvl in all slots so that'd make sense to me that it uses both. No ilvl Gun or Bow or Xbow I've seen though has magic accuracy skill (magic dmg, combat skill and maybe magic acc, but never magic acc skill) like all almost all ilvl melee weapons do, so I'm going to guess that's why the melee weapon seems to have a bigger impact on accuracy as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 106 107 108 ... 156 157 158