Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 156 157 158
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2016-06-22 08:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fettering is too good, I wouldn't take it out for Blurred+1.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-22 11:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fettering/Blurred +1 only. Demersal +1 is trash once you get hq blurred, since it doesn't add any acc on a starved DD job. But still usable until you can get an upgrade. I wouldn't recommend Atoyac anymore, since its not 119 and it's not worth losing that much acc (unless doing fodder). I'd take demersal over atoyac imo.

Odium, fwiw, is still a respectable weapon until you can get Fettering. I tend to keep both on me, but rarely use Odium tbh. Fettering has the amazing utility of being a sword, which makes Light with Savage Blade (and is pretty awesome with the correct setup/gun in escha). Really, I'd just focus on getting the sword if nothing else at all. Can do Diff with a shout group and it should drop within a few runs.

That said, COR needs a lot of help in the acc department to respectably tp on anything that matters. This is why Blurred +1 (though expensive) is desired, since it adds something in that slot that can't really be replaced.

As stated previously, DW+10% cape is very good for cor. I have dex20 acc/att20 dw+10, and will need to finish both my leaden and SB capes. Can't forget to make a shooting one, if you are a last stand kind of guy (my racc cor sucks, so I don't join events where I'm expected to not melee).
By Afania 2016-06-22 14:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fettering/Blurred +1 only. Demersal +1 is trash once you get hq blurred, since it doesn't add any acc on a starved DD job. But still usable until you can get an upgrade. I wouldn't recommend Atoyac anymore, since its not 119 and it's not worth losing that much acc (unless doing fodder). I'd take demersal over atoyac imo.

Odium, fwiw, is still a respectable weapon until you can get Fettering. I tend to keep both on me, but rarely use Odium tbh. Fettering has the amazing utility of being a sword, which makes Light with Savage Blade (and is pretty awesome with the correct setup/gun in escha). Really, I'd just focus on getting the sword if nothing else at all. Can do Diff with a shout group and it should drop within a few runs.

That said, COR needs a lot of help in the acc department to respectably tp on anything that matters. This is why Blurred +1 (though expensive) is desired, since it adds something in that slot that can't really be replaced.

As stated previously, DW+10% cape is very good for cor. I have dex20 acc/att20 dw+10, and will need to finish both my leaden and SB capes. Can't forget to make a shooting one, if you are a last stand kind of guy (my racc cor sucks, so I don't join events where I'm expected to not melee).

5 months ago when I play with spreadsheet, degen doesn't seem to beat mab atoyac when using leaden in acc uncapped situations. I guess the acc difference between those aren't big enough to substitute massive mab and agi on atoyac.

You may want to double check on that though, been a while ane certain buff or tp set may affect the result.

@Chiaia,
2nd blurred +1 has a use, you can DW both for last stand when subbing NIN or DNC. Although you may still want to sell it for extra $$ if you don't use it often enough.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2016-06-22 18:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Afania and yea I rarely use last stand when meleeing so I'll sell one.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-06-24 08:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is QD a reliable way to break capture shields? I tried Ruea last night and my damage was typically below 200 in my MAcc and MAB sets. Is this just an Acc issue?
 Asura.Masrur
user: ribena
By Asura.Masrur 2016-06-24 08:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Requiscat is reliable. QD... Pretty sure some of the shields demand a specific elemtental dmg.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2016-06-24 08:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

it could be the element you used, when I do the sky cats I always use fire shot and always do 2500-3500. I can't remember if it breaks the shield or not but I save QD to get TP for requiscat.
 Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2016-06-25 08:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

for ruea tactician and samurai rolls,Fire shot while not facing him when shield is up then requiescat, and you should be fine.
By Afania 2016-06-25 20:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you have a GEO doing def down, I'd suggest chaos/sam for Ruea tbh. T1 dies in 5 WS/1 min if you push attack high, when it dies fast it won't be able to use shield more than 1~2 times, just use wing and req then get wings again for next pop.

If you run out of wings for whatever reason, you can always switch rolls.

If you use weaker DD roll combo like regain/sam, it'll just take longer to kill, thus use shield more times and gets harder to kill.
 Bismarck.Mitchel
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Mitchel 2016-06-27 03:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the help. Was alot easier using Requiescat, went with a friend on BLU with Sam/Chaos and won 95% of the tries(sometimes went beast mode and wiped Amchuchu.) Couldn't get Fire shot to do any meaningful damage, must be a Ruea thing, had no problem doing 2.5-3k to Met.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By bonz 2016-06-28 20:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

what path did you guys take for Pursuer's body, hand and feet ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyren
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: rada
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyren 2016-07-05 07:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Eye balling the new ambuscade gear it looks like most of the pieces can be used for max ranged accuracy if you don't have HQ adhemar gear. Some pieces, like the head, will be new last stand ws piece as well.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/July_2016_Version_Update_Changes
By eliroo 2016-07-07 08:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am gearing up my Corsair and I have my first Camulus's Mantle from this month. I am just not sure what to augment on it. Should I make it into a Melee TP piece and just gunslingers for WS or should I bite the bullet and make it into a WS piece? What would you guys recommend?
By Afania 2016-07-07 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
So I am gearing up my Corsair and I have my first Camulus's Mantle from this month. I am just not sure what to augment on it. Should I make it into a Melee TP piece and just gunslingers for WS or should I bite the bullet and make it into a WS piece? What would you guys recommend?

It depends on what you do the most. Personally I made leaden wf backpiece first just because cor is a ws heavy DD, and I dont really melee tp for nearly half of the stuff that I do. On the other hand if I need to melee I can just melee in something else.
By eliroo 2016-07-07 13:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

It depends on what you do the most. Personally I made leaden wf backpiece first just because cor is a ws heavy DD, and I dont really melee tp for nearly half of the stuff that I do. On the other hand if I need to melee I can just melee in something else.

Awesome thanks for the answer!

So should I go for AGI 30 / Magic damage + 20 / Weapon Skill damage +10% or MAB + 10 ?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-07-07 14:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-07 17:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So should I go for AGI 30 / Magic damage + 20 / Weapon Skill damage +10% or MAB + 10 ?

If you're still gearing up and need acc for cp pt, melee acc cape may not be a bad choice btw.
By eliroo 2016-07-07 17:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're still gearing up and need acc for cp pt, melee acc cape may not be a bad choice btw.

I am still gearing up and trying to reach accuracy limits.

If I were to get a melee cape what would the stats be? Accuracy/attack is obvious but the stat and then the third augment isn't so obvious to me.
 Phoenix.Darkspawn
Server: Phoenix
user: Tphantom
By Phoenix.Darkspawn 2016-07-07 17:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

dex +20, acc/attac +20 DW +10 and with new dye use +10 dex also, thats what i have on my setup.
By Afania 2016-07-08 00:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were to get a melee cape what would the stats be? Accuracy/attack is obvious but the stat and then the third augment isn't so obvious to me.

1st slot:since DEX increase acc you may want DEX+20

3rd slot: one of useful melee stat, Dw+10, stp+10 or da+10. Each has it's own advantage and disadvantage.

According to what I see on spreadsheet, in terms of dps dw > stp and da if delay not capped and using dw sub. If delay capped then stp or da may win depending on gears, sj and your ws avg. High ws avg favors stp, sub war(which has higher da) also favors stp. Using none oat weapon such as fettering blade favors da and using oat weapons favors stp.

Personally, Id pick stp over the other 2 because it covers wider range of sets. It's a stat that works for single wield SJ such as war. It's useful for qd stp set, and it can be used in occult acumen set(a set used gain tp quickly in floored acc situations, such as mage setup on high lv NM). But in the end it really depend on what content you do and which sj + DD style you use more often.

Dye slot: acc+10 if you need more acc, dex+10 has less acc but could help dDex(crit).
By eliroo 2016-07-08 07:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1st slot:since DEX increase acc you may want DEX+20

3rd slot: one of useful melee stat, Dw+10, stp+10 or da+10. Each has it's own advantage and disadvantage.

According to what I see on spreadsheet, in terms of dps dw > stp and da if delay not capped and using dw sub. If delay capped then stp or da may win depending on gears, sj and your ws avg. High ws avg favors stp, sub war(which has higher da) also favors stp. Using none oat weapon such as fettering blade favors da and using oat weapons favors stp.

Personally, Id pick stp over the other 2 because it covers wider range of sets. It's a stat that works for single wield SJ such as war. It's useful for qd stp set, and it can be used in occult acumen set(a set used gain tp quickly in floored acc situations, such as mage setup on high lv NM). But in the end it really depend on what content you do and which sj + DD style you use more often.

Dye slot: acc+10 if you need more acc, dex+10 has less acc but could help dDex(crit).

Thanks for the solid answer. I don't have a solid main hand but I do have Atoyac. Given my lack of gear it may be better just to focus on DW and then switch it to STP whenever I catch up on gear. I'll probably save my dyes for the WS set since I think the AGI + 10 will have a bigger impact.
 Asura.Lior
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2016-07-09 00:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this was asked before but I have question about snapshot - how do you cap it?
This is what I use currenty:

5(head) Aurore Beret +1
6(body) Pursuer's Doublet
9(hands) Lanun Gants +1
6(back) Navarch's Mantle
3(waist) Impulse Belt
9(legs) Nahtirah Trousers
8(feet) Meghanada Jambeaux +1
10 COR job gift

= 56% Snapshot, 14% away from cap :(
Is it possible to cap it without HQ / Adoulin Ring?
By Afania 2016-07-09 00:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lior said: »
Sorry if this was asked before but I have question about snapshot - how do you cap it?
This is what I use currenty:

5(head) Aurore Beret +1
6(body) Pursuer's Doublet
9(hands) Lanung Gants +1
6(back) Navarch'S Mantle
3(waist) Impulse Belt
9(legs) Nahtirah Trousers
8(feet) Meghanada Jambeaux +1
10 COR job gift

= 56% Snapshot, 14% away from cap :(
Is it possible to cap it without HQ / Adoulin Ring?

1)Taeon aug :( Can get 10 if I remember correctly.
2)spam "flurry me" in /p chat to your GEO friend :(
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-09 00:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Compensator, the weapon from T2 Ru'Aunn, has 10 snapshot.

Acinaces has 6.5%.

Haverton ring from Adoulin has 6%.

Compensator actually isn't a bad weapon, but I don't suggest the other two.

Each Taeon piece can get +10 (5 from leaftip and 5 from dusktip). This is where I suggest you get your snapshot needs, as they neither force you to use sub-optimal weapons or waste your Adoulin ring reward.

You'll be stuck 1% away from the cap, but it's really not a big deal.
By Afania 2016-07-09 00:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Compensator, the weapon from T2 Ru'Aunn, has 10 snapshot.

Acinaces has 6.5%.

Haverton ring from Adoulin has 6%.

Compensator actually isn't a bad weapon, but I don't suggest the other two.

Each Taeon piece can get +10 (5 from leaftip and 5 from dusktip). This is where I suggest you get your snapshot needs, as they neither force you to use sub-optimal weapons or waste your Adoulin ring reward.

He has legendary weap though, so using compensator isn't an option :( Without taeon aug the only way is probably "flurry me" /p chat spam or /RDM and deal with it. :(
 Asura.Lior
user: Lior
By Asura.Lior 2016-07-09 01:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, up to 10 on Taeon?! Good to know, thanks!
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-12 23:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody happen to have an up-to-date spreadsheet for COR? This new Ambuscade has made me want to improve my sets as best I can, and I want to have a good reference for my own testing.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-12 23:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Anybody happen to have an up-to-date spreadsheet for COR? This new Ambuscade has made me want to improve my sets as best I can, and I want to have a good reference for my own testing.

I can pm mine if you want, I still haven't add new ambu gears on it though :(
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-13 00:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would greatly appreciate it if you could. And no worries about adding in gear. I have far too many specific pieces I have to add in, anyways.
First Page 2 3 ... 105 106 107 ... 156 157 158