... Really SE?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-28 15:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't make a serious post after reading Sylow's last comment then turning to see his pic.

Now I'm stuck with a :3 face. I hope it doesn't give me cramps.
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-05-28 15:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Moonwalkerv said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Self-centered typical arrogant americans. There is a huge difference between flying over a *** ocean for a FFXI IRL meeting and traveling inside your own country. Seriously, get real guys. You cry about JP only things, we cry about JP and NA only things.
You seem to be under the impression that EU is one country, and even that the UK is part of it. Perhaps you should *** whether or not you've brought your own brain, before you go speculating on the cranial absenteeism --or not of the Stupid Americans. Once you have that sorted out, perhaps you can realize that SE is a Japan based company. They don't have an obligation to you or anyone else. Hell, they don't even have to sell you their software. That's a privilege that they've extended to you. Be grateful you have a region in which to play games you like, because there didn't even used to be that and there's nothing dictating that there should be, because everything in life is apparently fair. And you're telling me to get real? Of the two of us it seems I'm the only one living in reality. They throw fan events for a couple thousand people (we're of course not counting 99% of the Japanese population who won't even be able to attend this -- typical self-centered European), and who's to say they can't? A Japanese company catering to Japanese people... They'll never hear the end of it. It probably has nothing to do with the fact that of all the "bases" the Japanese is by far their largest, no sir, couldn't be that. Or that being a highly indigenous people they all speak the same language, something Americans can't even attest to these days. Tell me, how would you manage the ballistics for a EU Vanafest and all 5 of the languages supported by SE Europe? How much would you enjoy "meeting with other players" who only speak French? German? Spanish? How about that dev team interview that you can only listen to with a headset because it's being simulcast into every language of your country? Oh... Keep bitching, it's a very attractive quality I find in people. Signed, Typical *** American.
lol wow, you clearly have never been to Europe. English is by far the most common language. The eurovison song contest is held in english and it has 99% of the EU countries in it...singing mostly in english..speaking and voting in english
Considering I'm a dual citizen of an EU country, I'd say I've spent my fair share of time in Europe. Enough to know the average person in a country where English isn't an official language does not speak it, and can probably only get the gist of what you're saying. I'm sorry if your Tour Guide misled you into believing "the EU" is an English friendly bilingual utopia. Perhaps next time you should put non-tourist traps on your agenda.

Uhhhh Australian living in Latvia...so i kinda have an idea lol
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 15:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not entirely true, you can easily enter this specific Vanafest without having a POL ID at all, much less a Japanese only one.

You had to be an active FFXI player to attend the FFXI concert back in November, yes, this is a completely different event.

Acording to the vanafest website you needed a Japanese POL account to reserve tickets, but there are a limited number of tickets available at the door, and it doesn't exactly specify the number or if there are restrictions on those.

Seriously though, who flies to Japan for an event to "maybe" get into the event?
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-28 15:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
It's not entirely true, you can easily enter this specific Vanafest without having a POL ID at all, much less a Japanese only one.

You had to be an active FFXI player to attend the FFXI concert back in November, yes, this is a completely different event.

Acording to the vanafest website you needed a Japanese POL account to reserve tickets, but there are a limited number of tickets available at the door, and it doesn't exactly specify the number or if there are restrictions on those.

Seriously though, who flies to Japan for an event to "maybe" get into the event?
People who were planning to go to Japan anyway, or people with money to throw away :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-05-28 15:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

AFK Craustrum for my free reric
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-28 15:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

If a person were planning on going to Vanafest, they would have been planning for months. You dont just read today's article and say Off I go!

/refills popcorn.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 15:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be fun if a JP posted a video or pictures of him using a good coupon over a shitty weapon/item. I would laugh, at least.
 Cerberus.Ddbone
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-05-28 15:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow Quebec getting up in this..... That makes me laugh, tell you what I'll give you the chance at a lotto, and I'll take the guaranteed government job, with inflated salary and pension.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-28 15:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny, this could all be solved by selling these items off the website during Vanafest.

Then, everyone could *** and moan over their 7 USD purchase being a waste of money. SE wins, you lose and everyone globally feels like ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Server: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-28 15:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So much mayad in this thread o_o

Can I just remind everyone to CLAM DOWN and tone down some of the expletives? We have a profanity filter, but we also have a report button for "excessive profanity."
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 15:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
So much mayad in this thread o_o

Can I just remind everyone to CLAM DOWN and tone down some of the expletives? We have a profanity filter, but we also have a report button for "excessive profanity."

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-28 15:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 15:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure that most of them will be Nomad Wands.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-05-28 15:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

NAs complaining about JP favoritism: 3 pages

EUs complaining about short sightedness of NAs: CLAM DOWN

Japanese players complaining about how blatantly RMT this crap is: 40 pages and growing

Perspective
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-05-28 16:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just talking about the amount of profanity, Kong :x
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-28 16:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
their bonanazas weren't removing enough gil from the vanadiel economy so they thought "let's just remove real money from the economy doing the same thing and get some of that RMT action"
"genius"

I'm waiting for the announcement of a cash shop from the devs once Vanafest starts.

That'll really rustle some jimmies.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-05-28 16:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said: »
I'm just talking about the amount of profanity, Kong :x
Don't get me wrong, I think I we needed to clam down, I'm just pointing out the irony that JPs are outraged about the fact of the matter and we're stuck bickering over what is essentially a "race card" argument, or more accurately who more deserves use of the race card argument
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2012-05-28 16:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

NAs complaining about JP favoritism: 3 pages

EUs complaining about short sightedness of NAs: CLAM DOWN

Japanese players complaining about how blatantly RMT this crap is: 40 pages and growing

Perspective

Remove it from JP and give it to everyone else, problem solved?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-28 16:32:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not entirely understanding: is this a lottery-type system where they can only buy one tag, or can they buy multiple until they get exactly what they want?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-28 16:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

There's probably a really shitty chance of getting anything good.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-28 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine that, if they made an online version for us, it'd be even shittier. I dont fancy the idea of throwing away 100s of bucks for a chance at a mythic or something.
 Sylph.Stayinalive
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Stayinalive 2012-05-28 16:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a mogbonanza IRL.

Though some details I can't figure out either which drastically alter the "giving items away like candy" idea or if it's really not a big deal at all. Like the rarity of winning. Or if you can buy as many marbles tickets as you want.

Say there's only 1 winner for each RW, EW, etc. Or if you are only allowed to buy one ticket. Or if you are allowed to buy many tickets, but cannot see the result of winning or loosing until after the event is over, which would mean you can't keep buying till you get what you want. If any of those are true there won't be many winners.

Seems everyone is assuming the worst of all those. Like there's a million to giveaway and you can play till you win.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2012-05-28 16:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

So...they get free relics/mythics/emps/VW stuff and we get...more free proc weapons? (the AA weapons)
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-05-28 16:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
I'm not entirely understanding: is this a lottery-type system where they can only buy one tag, or can they buy multiple until they get exactly what they want?
They're unmanned machines so most are concluding that there is no limit to the amount of tags you can buy, each costing you 500 yen. It's unclear if the code included with the tag will indicate what item it wins, or if it will need to be redeemed ingame.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-28 16:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If I paid $7 for a an item I already had (See Mekira Meikogai), I'd flip a *** table.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-28 16:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Could probably resell the tag at least... if they are marked. I don't see them marking them though, because that would open the door to some serious 3rd party RMT.

"MYTHIC TAG $500!"
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-28 16:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Could lock to your account on purchase too, or something.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7