... Really SE?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Ophiucus
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ophiucus
By Asura.Ophiucus 2012-05-28 13:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/23724-Vana-diel-Festa-in-Japan-10th-anniversary-special-event-Random-Deal

Now granted I'm sure the probability of getting a RW, MW, or EW kupons are most likely going to be minimal... still to slap the faces of some of your most diehard fans (those who spend months and months and countless hours working for the weapon themselves) with just giving these out like the wheel fell off a melon cart...

I don't even currently have the means to acquire any of these items, legitimately, beside 85-90 empy's that I'm currently working on; and even I find this downright disheartening. Especially since only a purposely selected portion of the player base will have access to the chance.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-05-28 13:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

JP get a chance to just buy rare items for a low price, we get a crappy version of "Where's Waldo?" lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2012-05-28 13:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP Button just added RW, MW, or EW to select from. The rest of us just get logs.
By sprinkles84 2012-05-28 13:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

JPONRY!
 Lakshmi.Hiku
user: squirrel
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-05-28 13:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

While this is a bit disheartening, who's to say that we wont get some kind of "American Version" of this in the future? (i.e. Moogle Caps for JP, Nomad Moogle Caps for NA)
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 13:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »
While this is a bit disheartening, who's to say that we wont get some kind of "American Version" of this in the future? (i.e. Moogle Caps for JP, Nomad Moogle Caps for NA)
This still leaves the EU out, as a Vanafest never happened and will most likely never happen in EU. Don't be narrow minded.

This news is absolutely disgusting but hey, as a EU player, I have been *** out of every Vanafest since the very begining. No such thing as Moogle hat or shield or whatever, no such thing as a meeting with other players. If you play this game after all this time thinking that SE will get better and treat people equaly, here is one more proof that you are blind and need to wake up.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-05-28 13:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving away event items that in no way influence game play is one thing. Selling elite level items for only one group of people is totally different.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 14:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The first issue is not what they offer, but the fact that they offer something to a selected few while denying it to the others, for no reason.

Second comes the fact that they hand out most prized items like candies, yes.

Though, I think that only someone from EU can understand this, or someone with a brain, so carry on.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2012-05-28 14:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This surprises you?

The've been stroking the JP playerbase for years now and all we get are the sloppy seconds usually, or some watered down version of the same item.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2012-05-28 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
The first issue is not what they offer, but the fact that they offer something to a selected few while denying it to the others, for no reason.

Though, I think that only someone from EU can understand this, or someone with a brain, so carry on.
You act as though just because someone lives in the United States that it's easy to go to Vanafest. It's not. Get over yourself.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-05-28 14:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hiku said: »

Then as a company you think ahead and mention to your NA and EU base that they won't be left out and that they too will get what the JP are receiving. Common courtesy, shows you care about being a global company, all customers are equal etc etc.

You don't let news like this get to the base before that point. That's when speculation and threads like these start to pop up.

Sometimes I think SE forgets they are a global firm. Who am I kidding, they just dont give a ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 14:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »

You act as though just because someone lives in the United States that it's easy to go to Vanafest. It's not. Get over yourself.
You still have a possibility, we don't.

Know your place.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-05-28 14:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

It's all about BARANCE!
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-05-28 14:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

"You still have a possibility, we don't.

Know your place."

You speak english? You have airplanes? then using your logic, you have a possibility of going to the american one, just as much as someone on the opposite coast of NA does.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-28 14:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

No, the deal is, there is no Vanafest in EU. Brain Sir? Carry on.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-28 14:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Know your place.

Last time I checked EU has airports, internet, and employment opportunities. Buy a *** ticket and stop crying so much.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alros
Server: Bahamut
user: Alros
By Bahamut.Alros 2012-05-28 14:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a simple translation of the item list. If anyone would like to replace these with the proper names, please feel free.

Aitanri
Asteria
Eggs of Adamantasu
Anchor off
Anger of the Wyrm
Efemeron
Korusukanti
Chocobo cap
Delphi Niusu
Toki harness
Nomad Mog rod
Hekakarashirisu
Tongue of the Behemoth
Coupon Bonanza EA
Coupon Bonanza EW
Coupon Bonanza MW
Coupon Bonanza RW
Coupon Bonanza S
Borealis
Round rain plexus
Meiko armor from stray company
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 14:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Self-centered typical arrogant americans.

There is a huge difference between flying over a *** ocean for a FFXI IRL meeting and traveling inside your own country.

Seriously, get real guys. You cry about JP only things, we cry about JP and NA only things.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-05-28 14:14:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Does this really suprise anyone? They've been doing JP only stuff for a bit now, was that egg event back around easter and that event about setting damage records against the taru in Fort KN. I remember someone saying the egg one was a player created event however it says right in the rule for that the event must created so everyone can participate... If people raise enough hell maybe they will do something for us as well, but if they just grunt and deal with it SE will see they can get away with it and just keep going.
 Lakshmi.Hiku
By Lakshmi.Hiku 2012-05-28 14:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

NA also has Canada, lets not forget they go to the american vanafests too... and they have to cross borders just like an EU would
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-28 14:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alros said: »
Here's a simple translation of the item list. If anyone would like to replace these with the proper names, please feel free.

Aitanri
Asteria
Eggs of Adamantasu
Anchor off
Anger of the Wyrm
Efemeron
Korusukanti
Chocobo cap
Delphi Niusu
Toki harness
Nomad Mog rod
Hekakarashirisu
Tongue of the Behemoth
Coupon Bonanza EA
Coupon Bonanza EW
Coupon Bonanza MW
Coupon Bonanza RW
Coupon Bonanza S
Borealis
Round rain plexus
Meiko armor from stray company

Basically it's relic/mythic/empy weapons, the glowing bodies/weapons from VW, and BB items. Kinda cool..
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-05-28 14:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, I'm American and I think it's *** when anyone gets *** out of stuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 14:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bluespoons said: »
Uh, I'm American and I think it's *** when anyone gets *** out of stuff.
That's the normal mentality to have yes, there is a general issue, period.

I'm only targeting the people who have been raised thinking there was only one country that matters.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-05-28 14:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, a $1000 plane ticket to fly across my own country and a $1000 plane ticket to fly to Japan are completely different. How silly of me.

You guys seriously have nothing to complain about, you get Top Gear and Simon Pegg, that's not *** fair.
[+]
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2012-05-28 14:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Benedict Cumberbatch too...
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-28 14:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »
You're right, a $1000 plane ticket to fly across my own country and a $1000 plane ticket to fly to Japan are completely different. How silly of me.

[-]

The fact is, in fact, it's not fair to neither NA or EU. But compared to JP and NA, EU doesn't even get a country with Vanafest within its boarders.

You guys seriously have nothing to complain about, you get Top Gear and Simon Pegg, that's not *** fair.

[+] because it's true XD

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-05-28 14:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you mean forum contests, they are even worse yes. They exclude many, many countries, "EU" doesn't even mean anything if you check the list of countries allowed to participate.

Many laws prevent things to be done in other places, that's why it would maybe be better if they tried to reach everyone through something that has no boundaries, such as an in-game bonanza? Like, do more of them, I don't know, at least everyone can participate, everyone is happy with their new statue.
 Ragnarok.Judaine
Server: Ragnarok
user: Judaine
By Ragnarok.Judaine 2012-05-28 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd simply say to not offer this service at all.

To make it "fair" it will have to go one of two ways: Either let everyone have the availability to buy these items (online), or not let anyone buy them at all.

But if everyone can buy these items, then you'll see most people running around with relics and mythics and all of these other items, just because they can afford to spend however much IRL money on them. So any way you see it, it's not going to be "fair" to anyone no matter what they do unless they don't offer it at all.

EDIT: But, although the chance of multiple people getting RW/MW/EW from the 'kupons' is low, people will still whine about it.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-05-28 14:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Know your place.

Last time I checked EU has airports, internet, and employment opportunities. Buy a *** ticket and stop crying so much.

So does USA.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7