The update to the test server was today
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-05-25 21:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Yeah..if I understand correctly, you have to first have the body armor, say a Toci's..then for some reason, go back and spam Pil, get another Toci's (what are the chances of that?) turn it into 1 ticket, profit.

That seems like a lot of time wasted on a mob that you already have the drop from. If gil is the goal, there are better mobs to spam for that. We all know the drop rate on these bodies is horrible, so if 1 ticket would be worth 5 million, there is no way this would be a reliable gil source. The ticket prices would have to be insanely high.

Pil doesn't only drop Toci`s, and I`ve gotten 3 bodies so far while trying for the feet.

Edit. I agree in part though, some NM`s aren't worth spamming if you already have the main drop.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-25 22:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 1 body, 2 feet, and about 10 chakrams from Pil. My main point is, once you have finished an NM to your satisfaction, there is little reason to go back repeatedly unless there is a reasonable chance to make worthwhile gil involved. (ie, 1 HMP doesn't cut it). I understand wanting to help a friend every now and then, but to spam an NM, most people won't do it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-25 22:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with the ticket system is they expect people to share with friends and not be cut-throat ***.

Good luck with that.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-25 22:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
The problem with the ticket system is they expect people to share with friends and not be cut-throat ***.

Good luck with that.

I'll share with you ... for the all time low price of 15,000,000g. <3
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-05-25 22:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck with that.
This X100!!! It won't happen as they plan.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-25 22:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »

Good luck with that.

For you? 20 million.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-25 22:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »

Good luck with that.

For you? 20 million.

Mmmhmm.

Except it's not really a joke.

Ugh.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-25 22:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

sharing doesnt finish relics.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-25 22:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pay like 60 million for a Delphinius.
By Valentine 2012-05-25 23:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you can only sell it during "Auction Hour" 60mins cooldown imo.

If that's true people will leave VWNM alot from that update on lol
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-25 23:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

what?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 00:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously.

Sell me your Delphinius tickets, ladies.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-26 04:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo, I don't want to start a flame war...

...but I'm not at all sorry the new voidwatch update does nothing for the people who've been playing since 06. You people *** about EVERYTHING, so pardon me if I don't give a *** and enjoy this update.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-05-26 06:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally think this is pretty great, aside from the fact that they aren't putting lesser ex vw drops in as tickets as well. Some Athos/Rubeus/Ogier tickets would be a pretty nice way to farm gil/gear up mules >_>;

Not really sure what more people could want. The first idea of tickets being put in treasure pool and being untradable was pretty flawed (alliance leader could potentially QM to himself, or friends, or anyone who paid him the most gil - unless SE planned to disable qm'ing for tickets somehow, if that is even possible or something they even bothered to think of), or there's the whole fact that you have to actually be present at the fight to lot (unless you're paying to come in to lot somehow), so it'd be entirely possible to get 1-2 tickets, then get the actual body in the chest, then have tickets you can now do absolutely squat with. Or someone with the body already could lot just to be a douche.

Bodies, on average (amongst all players, I'm sure we've all had a horror story of 0/hundreds on one or the other), aren't really all that rare. While I've never personally had a reason to go back to any NM after getting my glowies, I've known several people that have tagged along out of boredom to our runs after getting relevant drops, and ended up with 2-3-4+ bodies. Then of course, there's always some random douche in the group that goes 'lol my second/third etc body now XD'.

For people with shitty lucky and/or gil to blow, this is a nice alternative. I would've gladly paid 30-40M for my Anhur robe instead of trying to duo it or grouping with a bunch of retards that constantly kill her with crappy lights. (Or even just to not have to put up with the boredom of spamming the same fight hundreds of times over).

Depending on your drop luck, with the time it takes to shout for people, do the fights, and the gil spent on stones/cells, you could potentially farm more gil than what tickets are going for in the time it gets you to get a body drop. (For 100 fights buying stones at 25k/each and using 3 rubi/cobalt cells for each, at an average of 70k/stack costs 6~M, assuming I didn't derp my math. And assuming a conservative 15min/fight average, that's still 25 hours total).

I happen to enjoy VW for the most part, but when drop rates start to get pretty terrible, it really starts to suck and get dissapointing. I don't even want to think about how many Akvans I did. Even Kala took near to 100 to drop Rubeus pants for me, and that fight just plain blows. I think this caters pretty well to a variety of different people - the ones that don't wanna do it or don't wanna put up with shitty drop rates, and would rather just buy it, and the people that will do almost anything for gil, and the anal people that will do it 2000x over until they get the drop they want (which has been true since the start of vw- not sure if he's after plates or coruscanti, but some guy on odin has literally been shouting non stop for qilin for months >_>), and the few nice people that actually wanted to pass tickets along to unlucky friends.

The HQ weapon tickets will probably be close to non-existant and really expensive, though :/

Edit: sorry for the wall of text >_>;;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-05-26 07:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ticket system is stupid and deserves no defense.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-26 12:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Calipso said: »
Bodies, on average (amongst all players, I'm sure we've all had a horror story of 0/hundreds on one or the other), aren't really all that rare. While I've never personally had a reason to go back to any NM after getting my glowies, I've known several people that have tagged along out of boredom to our runs after getting relevant drops, and ended up with 2-3-4+ bodies. Then of course, there's always some random douche in the group that goes 'lol my second/third etc body now XD'.

TBH yes those ticketed bodies are very rare, and the weapons are non-existent. Ace's mail isn't listed, as thats the only body that comes to mind that has a decent drop rate. I went 1/16, but I never saw a GK drop to anyone. I didn't do Qilin for very long but I never saw a coruscanti drop.

The rest of those bodies are fairly terrible, the most I have seen drop at once is two, and it happened once. Assuming that the people that actually get it say so, of course. Most fights its 0-1. That and putting together a VW fight via shouting is miserable. Combine that with the fact that as of a month ago when I played last, no one really went after Mextli/Radiant Mail on Shiva, so those tickets will be that much more expensive (unless your like me and view those bodies as worthless).

This system might seem good, but over time I think it will only benefit the lucky and the super rich, who will then make the lucky rich. That said, gil is easy to come by these days, so it might work out. But people will gripe about the "greed."
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-05-26 13:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

100k item better not improve drops... SE is really failing at this new content thing.

Give it a few months and I am sure they will either remove it, or drop the cost, as well as add tickets to normal drops; basically making VW more like WoE.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Voidcluster is supposed to lower the VWNM's level to make it easier / completable with fewer people.
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-05-26 13:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously.

Do you even have drg?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-26 13:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Altar said: »
Seriously.

Do you even have drg?

...No.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-26 13:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Rancor said: »
100k item better not improve drops... SE is really failing at this new content thing.

Give it a few months and I am sure they will either remove it, or drop the cost, as well as add tickets to normal drops; basically making VW more like WoE.

I doubt it, 100k is cheap and it takes money out of the economy, something SE has struggled to do since the dynamis revamp.
By Chimerawizard 2012-05-26 14:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

i am definately happy with the news. If you aren't, you didn't read their last plan. (ex only) (mob dependant) (need 3).

That would work, someone in the group has to NOT need the item, and you have to win the lot against the other dozen people. or if the group can agree to it, the one who bids the highest gets to lot it and pay the person who put it in pool; best part, once you get 2 slips, you see the piece you were buying slips for in pool, and go OMFG really?! and toss the slips you previously needed.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-26 14:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

uh what?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-26 14:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How does the NPC manage to create a body piece or pulse weapon from tickets anyways :\ confusing

Are we protected by little pieces of paper?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-26 14:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
How does the NPC manage to create a body piece or pulse weapon from tickets anyways :\ confusing

*Cue Laffter* Magic....
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-26 14:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

*Cue Laffter* Magic....

+=
[+]
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-05-26 14:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Makes me wonder but will items previously acquired not be able to trade in for tickets and have to be from the pyxis exclusively.
By Enuyasha 2012-05-26 15:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

:<

on a more serious note:

What are the new procs going to be for all the jobs they are making redo their merits (again..):| I know some jobs have abilities that where left out as procs...but what about jobs that literally have nothing else.

INB4 "those jobs werent useful to begin with",etc.,etc.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-26 15:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I hear people bitching about greed, etc. But what is the difference between spamming for tickets compared to spamming H.M. Pouches.

Edit: Really why PMS because you had crap luck with a body and don't want to pay gil for it. Put the time in like the rest of us and it will come if you rather not pay.
[+]