user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-25 14:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

05-25-2012 06:04 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1122] Voidwatch Adjustments

• The following enemy weakness adjustments, formerly exclusive to the final chapter of Voidwatch, will apply to all jurisdictions.

• Triggering weaknesses will lower enemies’ attack and magic attack power.
    • Abilities and spells learned via merit points will not trigger enemy weaknesses.
    • The thief ability Bully will trigger enemy weaknesses.
    • All pet special attacks will be able to strike enemy weaknesses.
    • The ranger ability Bounty Shot will not trigger enemy weaknesses.
    • Wyvern breath attacks will not trigger enemy weaknesses.
    • Only a single blood pact for each avatar will trigger enemy weaknesses:

• Carbuncle: Holy Mist
      • Fenrir: Lunar Bay
      • Ifrit: Fire IV
      • Shiva: Blizzard IV
      • Garuda: Aero IV
      • Titan: Stone IV
      • Ramuh: Thunder IV
      • Leviathan: Water IV
      • Diabolos: Night Terror

• All automation abilities and special attacks will trigger enemy weaknesses.
    • The scholar ability Modus Veritas will not trigger enemy weaknesses.

*The spells and abilities that will no longer trigger enemy weaknesses will be replaced with other ones usable by the same job so that each job's chance of triggering weaknesses remains relatively unchanged.

• A new key item, the "Voidcluster," will be added and will weaken Voidwalkers.

Obtainment and Usage:

1. Void Nuggets (tentative name) may be purchased from the NPC Ardrick in Jugner Forest (I-8).
      *Each nugget costs 100,000 gil and players may carry up to five of them at a time.
      After purchasing nuggets, players must wait for the next Conquest tally before their next nugget purchase.
    2. Trade the nuggets to a Planar Rift to receive the Voidcluster key item.
      *Players may carry up to five Voidclusters at once.
    3. A menu will appear asking for the amount of Voidclusters you wish to use after choosing to "Initiate Voidwatch operation." Select the desired amount and begin the battle.

• Tickets (official name TBD) have been added that may be exchanged for the following items—heretofore known as Pulse Panoplia—that are imbued with a mysterious luminescence:

Anhur Robe / Fazheluo Radiant Mail / Mextli Harness / Mekira Meikogai / Toci's Harness / Heka's Kalasiris /Asteria /Borealis / Coruscanti / Ephemeron / Murasamemaru / Delphinius / Aytanri

The Exchange Process:

1. When obtaining a pulse weapon or piece of armor from a Riftworn Pyxis, select "Obtain as ticket."
      *These items are stackable (up to twelve), deliverable, and may be traded or sold at the auction hour as well as from bazaars.
    2. Trade the specified amount of ticket items to the NPC Ardrick in Junger Forest (I-8) and he will reconstruct the appropriate piece of equipment.
      *In order to have equipment reconstructed, players must first receive the designation for defeating the Voidwalker that drops the corresponding ticket items.
      *The required number of ticket items may vary.

Subscribe

Test Server Update (05/25/2012):
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-05-25 14:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there goes my RDM in VW ; ; /sadpanda.
[+]
By Kyler 2012-05-25 14:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome... Now reduce blu spells to 1 per element .. Did they not get the memo?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alryc
Server: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-05-25 14:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Weaken Voidwalkers eh? Maybe I'll finally get Athos Tabard >_>

Shame about the tickets being for the glowy bodies only, but it is a plus that it can be used for the weapons.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-05-25 14:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So with Blade Bash being a merit ability, what is the new Samurai trigger?

Do we have to reserve Konzen-Ittai now for stagger purposes?

The only mob-targetable Samurai abilities that aren't Blade Bash are Hamanoha and Konzen-Ittai, and Hamanoha is only usable on demons.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-05-25 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Just greatkatana.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-05-25 15:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Tickets (official name TBD) have been added that may be exchanged for the following items—heretofore known as Pulse Panoplia—that are imbued with a mysterious luminescence:

Anhur Robe / Fazheluo Radiant Mail / Mextli Harness / Mekira Meikogai / Toci's Harness / Heka's Kalasiris /Asteria /Borealis / Coruscanti / Ephemeron / Murasamemaru / Delphinius / Aytanri

The Exchange Process:

When obtaining a pulse weapon or piece of armor from a Riftworn Pyxis, select "Obtain as ticket."
*These items are stackable (up to twelve), deliverable, and may be traded or sold at the auction hour as well as from bazaars.

Trade the specified amount of ticket items to the NPC Ardrick in Junger Forest (I-8) and he will reconstruct the appropriate piece of equipment.
*In order to have equipment reconstructed, players must first receive the designation for defeating the Voidwalker that drops the corresponding ticket items.
*The required number of ticket items may vary.

so it went from treasure pool only, to bazaar and AH-able... is SE actually listening to us, or did a single JP say it should be this way
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-05-25 15:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Is anyone else really happy with all this news?
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-25 15:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

no
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-25 15:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL Pulse Panoplia
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: TyrantSyn
By Quetzalcoatl.Tyrantsyn 2012-05-25 15:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like crap, it's like rewarding the lucky and stickin it to the little guy who can't catch a break. You know ppl are going to be asking a fortune for one of these tickets.
[+]
 Asura.Xredx
Server: Asura
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2012-05-25 15:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam wont have a JA ability to proc any more. Be happy GK procs are still needed or else you'd join the rdm as obsolete :(
 Phoenix.Forgivness
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Forgivness 2012-05-25 15:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ye i like it now i can finaly get a spot on my thf instead of begging like a fool
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-25 15:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to overpaying heavily for asteria, ephemeron, and delphinius even though I have absolutely no use for any of them.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-25 15:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Forgivness said: »
ye i like it now i can finaly get a spot on my thf instead of begging like a fool

No, now people will just have to tell the truth (THF sucks) instead of using procs/bounty shot as an excuse when they reject THFs.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-25 15:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah..if I understand correctly, you have to first have the body armor, say a Toci's..then for some reason, go back and spam Pil, get another Toci's (what are the chances of that?) turn it into 1 ticket, profit.

That seems like a lot of time wasted on a mob that you already have the drop from. If gil is the goal, there are better mobs to spam for that. We all know the drop rate on these bodies is horrible, so if 1 ticket would be worth 5 million, there is no way this would be a reliable gil source. The ticket prices would have to be insanely high.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-05-25 15:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Forgivness said: »

uh no having to live without a thf JA proc is the same as having to live without bst pup dnc smn procs. Don't expect those mandaus to come out of the MH.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-25 15:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

so it went from treasure pool only, to bazaar and AH-able... is SE actually listening to us, or did a single JP say it should be this way

WHO CARES!? They changed it back to the way it should be, and that's all that matters :D
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-25 15:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

WHO CARES!? They changed it back to the way it should be, and that's all that matters :D

The way it should be is, add double drops to the pool and screw those pulsing anuses or whatever they're calling them tickets now
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-25 16:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell nah Sheelay. I could use extra lux pugio tickets to help fund my relic, yo lol... Or fajin boots lol. Or heka body
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-25 16:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather see people who work for tickets obtain the extra items that have refused to drop to the character than the perle/aurore guy getting lucky on a random.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-25 16:38:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hell nah Sheelay. I could use extra lux pugio tickets to help fund my relic, yo lol... Or fajin boots lol. Or heka body

Neither Lux or Fajin come in tickets though if I read the info right. It really doesn't help but stretch the duration of the whole VW as an event, seeing how anyone who has gotten the desired drops off a NM is very unlikely to go after it again, therefore have a chance at obtaining a double drop to convert into a ticket for other people.

As an example, other than Uptala/Qilin/Aello, which drop pouches, I don't see anyone who's gotten the important drop from Voidwrought go after him again, ever.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-25 16:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it all I read the list wrong then ><. Guess I could spam akvan :P

Edit:
Odin.Sheelay said: »
Neither Lux or Fajin come in tickets though if I read the info right. It really doesn't help but stretch the duration of the whole VW as an event, seeing how anyone who has gotten the desired drops off a NM is very unlikely to go after it again, therefore have a chance at obtaining a double drop to convert into a ticket for other people.

As an example, other than Uptala/Qilin/Aello, which drop pouches, I don't see anyone who's gotten the important drop from Voidwrought go after him again, ever.

Well I have heka body and don't have the damn bullet for my cor, so yeah.... lol
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-25 16:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're like me and can never get the common drops. At least now I can make money for all the spare bodies I'll get while trying to get easy crap like Phasmida and Dilaram's.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-25 16:42:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn it all I read the list wrong then ><. Guess I could spam akvan :P

Edit:
Odin.Sheelay said: »

Well I have heka body and don't have the damn bullet for my cor, so yeah.... lol

I have the bullet and cor is 31.. Care to trade?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-25 16:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda silly that it's only shiny weapons and body drops. Should be all the VW exclusives really. I'm 0/100+ on bullet from Akvan, but I got the heka body after like 60 kills >_<.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-25 16:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda silly that it's only shiny weapons and body drops. Should be all the VW exclusives really. I'm 0/100+ on bullet from Akvan, but I got the heka body after like 60 kills >_<.

The other drops don't sparkle so they are less relevant.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-25 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Just greatkatana.

DevTeam said:
*The spells and abilities that will no longer trigger enemy weaknesses will be replaced with other ones usable by the same job so that each job's chance of triggering weaknesses remains relatively unchanged.

Konzen might be it, so Ramyrez's question is still quite valid. We don't know :(
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-25 17:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

errr... wrong topic <.<

posted that during dynamis lol
 Odin.Arkista