Sword gets STR+7 Att+10 Dmg+3 on rank 15 path A
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-03-21 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
not really, their only real use before was TP, and they're easily replaced by Qaaxo now. not worth the time, resources, or inventory space, but if you never augmented the +2s you can upgrade them to NQ Luhlaza for AL macro :D

Luh +1 = Best for physical casting, best for Req, solid TP, although Qaaxo is slightly better

I'm going to keep hitting the point that accuracy matters....mostly because it does. When people compare Luh+1 with Hag. +1 hands......its just not remotely close (yes I know you didn't make that particular comparison). 1 MND is worth around 0.2% damage and to get that you would be giving up 22-23 acc, nevermind that STR more than compensates.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 17:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Qaaxo mitaines are better than Luhlaza for Req and TP with the difference in accuracy not being severe enough to matter in most circumstances (9 points; and if it does, you can just swap to something else, like rank B qaaxo). For physicals spells yeah they're slightly better than other stuff you're carrying
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 17:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Headache said: »
Sword gets STR+7 Att+10 Dmg+3 on rank 15 path A

well then, we've just found our new best mainhand. I'm assuming path B mirrors this and replaces ATT/STR for ACC/DEX, so having one of each would be best depending on the situation. Anahera is now only useful for magic damage builds, but Buramenk'ah is still the best offhand (though if accuracy is severely undercapped, a second DEX delve sword is better).
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2014-03-21 17:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So what will our spell setup be at 65 points? 70?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In an unexpected turn of events, a new competitor has emerged for iLvl 119 swords. Boasting astonishing base damage and a slightly lower delay than other 119 swords, we've got ourselves a new powerful option for mainhand swords. After being augmented using Airlixirs, you can give this guy a bonus of 3 base damage, 10 attack, and 7 STR, pushing it above Anahera by a significant amount. Though no one has reported it yet, I also wager that the second augment path becomes an extra 3 base damage, 10 accuracy, and 7 DEX, making it amazing for low accuracy situations. This sword does not replace Buramenk'ah for offhand normally, however if your accuracy is severely uncapped, wielding two DEX Usonmunku would be the best way to go. It replaces Anahera Saber for every situation in existence besides magic damage builds.

as for post-60 spellsets, i haven't played with it a lot. trait composition won't change much, you could fit in things like paralyzing triad and retinal glare more easily on top of a standard DD build, though, assuming you have enough open slots.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 18:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

since it has HP in the base rank I expect it to be DEF or PDT.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 18:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, because in return you gain attack and DA, which are both heavily weighted for Requiescat. They don't win by exorbant amounts, but they do win.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-03-21 22:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Qaaxo mitaines are better than Luhlaza for Req and TP with the difference in accuracy not being severe enough to matter in most circumstances (9 points; and if it does, you can just swap to something else, like rank B qaaxo). For physicals spells yeah they're slightly better than other stuff you're carrying

Lossing 7 MND and 3 STR isnt deal breaker?

Apparently not for some ppl, I cant justify this type of crazy thinking.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 22:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

math is hard, i guess

Buffs: Smouldering Salisbury Steak, Nat. Meditation
Debuffs: Dia II, Frightful Roar
Player: 207STR, 202MND, 1103Atk,
Target: 800DEF, 800EVA, 130VIT, 130AGI (low, most things that matter have higher than this)

Using the set in the OP, Requiescat has a ratio of 1.72265625 with Mitaines and 1.703125 with Bazubands, capped accuracy with both sets of gloves.

Average damage with Qaaxo Mitaines: 4176.42 (4176)
Average damage with Luhlaza Bazubands +1: 4168.71 (4168)

If you cap ratio, Qaaxo become useless for WS. Good luck with that, though. If accuracy is uncapped to the point where other, less weighted slots aren't enough to cap, Qaaxo path A become useless for WS.

Therefor, Qaaxo A are good on anything of, say, Kamihr xp mob and below (as well as most Delve I NMs and bosses), whereas Qaaxo B will be better for anything beyond that due to accuracy issues. If you can't be bothered to upgrade a second set of Mitaines, Luhlaza can take their place at a deficit in damage unless the extra accuracy on Mitaines is unnecessary to cap, at which point Luhlaza become better due to MND having more weight than STR. Both pairs of Qaaxo gloves have more BiS uses than Luhlaza, however, making them more inventory efficient.

You need to stop looking at things from a single angle and then calling my gearsets wrong after every single update because "oh those don't have enough accuracy" or some such; that isn't the purpose of this guide and I do not plan on changing it. I publish multiple sets of armor featuring multiple types of armor for a reason: adaptability. This isn't the place to come if you want to see a single gearset for everything that's only useful against top tier content, this is the place to come to see the best raw damage per slot pieces along with lower tier and higher accuracy swaps for each slot, so that gearsets may be adapted for different tiers and types of content.

If Qaaxo were utterly useless, 50 points avg damage less than Luhlaza I wouldn't have bothered putting them in any of the Req sets. But they aren't. Path A and B Qaaxo Mitaines can easily replace multiple pairs of gloves for other functions, making them great additions to the inventory in place of something like Luhlaza Bazubands. The only prohibitive part of them is their cost.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-03-21 23:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

math is hard, i guess

Buffs: Smouldering Salisbury Steak, Nat. Meditation
Debuffs: Dia II, Frightful Roar
Player: 207STR, 202MND, 1103Atk,
Target: 800DEF, 800EVA, 130VIT, 130AGI (low, most things that matter have higher than this)

Using the set in the OP, Requiescat has a ratio of 1.72265625 with Mitaines and 1.703125 with Bazubands, capped accuracy with both sets of gloves.

Average damage with Qaaxo Mitaines: 4176.42 (4176)
Average damage with Luhlaza Bazubands +1: 4168.71 (4168)

If you cap ratio, Qaaxo become useless for WS. Good luck with that, though. If accuracy is uncapped to the point where other, less weighted slots aren't enough to cap, Qaaxo path A become useless for WS.

Therefor, Qaaxo A are good on anything of, say, Kamihr xp mob and below (as well as most Delve I NMs and bosses), whereas Qaaxo B will be better for anything beyond that due to accuracy issues. If you can't be bothered to upgrade a second set of Mitaines, Luhlaza can take their place at a deficit in damage unless the extra accuracy on Mitaines is unnecessary to cap, at which point Luhlaza become better due to MND having more weight than STR. Both pairs of Qaaxo gloves have more BiS uses than Luhlaza, however, making them more inventory efficient.

You need to stop looking at things from a single angle and then calling my gearsets wrong after every single update because "oh those don't have enough accuracy" or some such; that isn't the purpose of this guide and I do not plan on changing it. I publish multiple sets of armor featuring multiple types of armor for a reason: adaptability. This isn't the place to come if you want to see a single gearset for everything that's only useful against top tier content, this is the place to come to see the best raw damage per slot pieces along with lower tier and higher accuracy swaps for each slot, so that gearsets may be adapted for different tiers and types of content.

If Qaaxo were utterly useless, 50 points avg damage less than Luhlaza I wouldn't have bothered putting them in any of the Req sets. But they aren't. Path A and B Qaaxo Mitaines can easily replace multiple pairs of gloves for other functions, making them great additions to the inventory in place of something like Luhlaza Bazubands. The only prohibitive part of them is their cost.

So lemme get this straight, you are going to give up the acc for a 0.2% damage increase and inv-1.......ok sounds like a plan for you. Oh btw acc matters, even if you are 1 acc from cap your scenario losses. This by your own numbers, I didn't even bother to poke holes.
Edit: couldn't help poking a hole, your DA ratio is wrong due to overruns on a 6 hit WS. Probably using some spreadsheet that isn't correctly calculated.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-21 23:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what part of the word "adaptability" you aren't getting, I didn't think I did a bad job explaining it. Do you see where I have gearsets listed? Ok, good. Scroll down. That's it, keep going. Oh, what's this? More than one set for each category? Mother of god what do I do with these? I better just fulltime the top one and be done with it, surely that's why there's more than one set with one of them being called "Accuracy!" He must mean for me to use these gloves with very little accuracy on them if I actually need accuracy! I've figured it all out now.

Feel free to tell me where I said to always wear non-acc gear though, please. I'd love to see where that actually happened and it wasn't this:

Quote:

or this:

Quote:

Quote:
couldn't help poking a hole, your DA ratio is wrong due to overruns on a 6 hit WS. Probably using some spreadsheet that isn't correctly calculated.

perfectly accurate down to under 1%, actually, so not sure what you're on about. are you trying to say that ratio is multihit rate? 'cause that isn't how it works.
[+]
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-03-21 23:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

By all means, enjoy the new gloves, I don't want to cramp how you play, I wont get involved further.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-21 23:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I plan on doing path B on most of the Qaxxo set, hands with +25 acc, +15 STR, DEX+30 VIT+29 INT+9 MND+27 CHR+14 -3PDT don't seem like a bad deal.

edit especially since i dont have an interest in upgrading the relic hands atm.
[+]
 Shiva.Fereydoon
Server: Shiva
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2014-03-22 13:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If your moonshade is refresh what earrings should you be Requis'ing in? Bladeborn/Steelflash?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-03-22 15:00:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fereydoon said: »
If your moonshade is refresh what earrings should you be Requis'ing in? Bladeborn/Steelflash?

Yes, I don't know if there's any scenario where Brutal + MND earring matches them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-03-22 15:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

there isn't one, moonshade/brutal > steelflash/bladeborn > dont/bother
[+]
By Barritos 2014-03-25 08:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Any info on path B or C?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-27 19:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So working on my Blu lua and I'm at blue magic now... I'd really prefer not to make 150 sets. Does anyone have some decent coding, like tables or something in their blu luas? I need some structure to look at to give me a few ideas how I should do mine since I'm not really a very strong lua coder.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2014-03-27 21:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Path B is 10 Acc, Dex+7, DMG+3
If I recall correctly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-03-27 21:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
So working on my Blu lua and I'm at blue magic now... I'd really prefer not to make 150 sets. Does anyone have some decent coding, like tables or something in their blu luas? I need some structure to look at to give me a few ideas how I should do mine since I'm not really a very strong lua coder.
Are you talking about GS? If so, you can group spells with similar modifiers together. Like str spells and str+dex spells. I want to say proth posted one in the main post, and there are some you can find in a GS shop thread I think it is called on BG.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-03-27 23:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
Are you talking about GS? If so, you can group spells with similar modifiers together. Like str spells and str+dex spells. I want to say proth posted one in the main post, and there are some you can find in a GS shop thread I think it is called on BG.
Yeah, Prothe's set up on spell grouping should work. Thanks for reminding me of that one.

I guess my brain was thinking more in the line of setting up an array or table of some sort for it rather than just listing them out in the rules.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-03-31 09:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta say, I love reading this thread each update. Doctorugh tries to challenge Prothescar. Prothescar proves himself (yet again). Doctorugh walks away in shame. Peldin wishes he had bought more popcorn. Good times.

I actually tried to go with more ideal gear for specific spells that I commonly use (Quad Con, Delta Thrust, Heavy Strike, etc) but ended up spamming up my inventory with too much junk, thus, I have an extreme appreciation for this guide for being able to use good items and still conserve my inventory.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2014-04-02 13:42:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's already been mentioned, but for ideal accuracy items, Anguinus Belt gives the same accuracy as Hurch'lan Sash while also giving 15 attack and 1% DA instead of 7% haste.

So basically, if you aren't using Thurandaut Chapeau +1 as your helm, Anguinus Belt will be better. I didn't see Hurch'lan Sash in any other sets, so there's really no change in inventory requirements. You either use one or the other.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-04-03 06:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If we're being accurate, its more akin to Doctorugh leaves shaking his head because there's no getting through to an ideolog (someone who cant be swayed regardless of fact). I wish we were on the same server so I could throw up comparative parses :P
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-04-03 07:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly though I likely don't give enough credit to Pro for diligently maintaining the gear set and helping people out with various questions, I just tend to nit-pick over things when its said that "X" weapon/armor is the "best", when as everyone knows, everything is situational and I typically dismiss lower content gearing. In fact as a legit suggestion, if the gearsets had some area/event qualifiers on them, I'd be more supportive. IE) Gearset A (full att,DA,w/e) works best in Einherjar, Abyssea, weaker Delve NMs,ect. Gearset B (acc based,w/e) works best with Difficult AA, Delve Boss. So on and so forth.
When certain gearsets run about 850 acc, I cant get onboard with saying its the best when 950 would be more ideal for harder/current content. I'm sure Pro gears appropriately for the events he does, but I think people reading some of this might get the impression that they need to be using (for example) a Vanir battery for TPing in situations that require Honed Tathlum. I parse a lot and the #1 failure of DD isn't the 2-3 att they might be missing, its the fact that their acc is bad. 20 attack doesn't really show up on a parse the same way 20 acc will.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2014-04-03 11:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's true. When I read the OP the first time I was pretty confused. Playing around more on BLU gave me a much better idea of what pieces I need to swap out. Plus, he lists the good ACC options in each slot and states that the pieces of the "best" TP set don't rely on having all of the other pieces the way some other BIS lists work. So the thread does tell you that if you can't hit you need to swap in more acc pieces(or eat sushi) until you find a good mix, but it does it in a roundabout fashion.
By tennotsukai87 2014-04-07 17:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

What a lame update. Anything good at all for blu?
First Page 2 3 ... 90 91 92 ... 446 447 448