Link | Quote | Reply

Head/hands are cure received slots tho.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2017-05-13 15:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The set has no haste for some reason, so it's not great for recast even with the fc. The mnd/vit/hp are not particularly high, no healing skill, cure pot 2, conserve mp, spell interrupt down... anything. Cure pot 1 and fc for precast (even while capping quickcast) are already exceedingly easy to cap without any hard to obtain gear. -enmity is a lost cause, you are still going to cap with a few good white winds. blu heals generate full enmity, unlike white magic.

For meva the nq set is not very interesting either, it's like the same as telchine, which is extremely cheap to do compared to crafting this, and you can do the meva augment on your enhancing duration or regen potency set without wasting inventory.

Honestly, the only nq piece that's probably worth using on blu is the body, and it's a measly 4mnd and 27 hp ahead of vrikodara jupon. I might craft the body/legs, but that would be just to cap fc/qc on sch/rdm while using af feet/af2 hat.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-05-13 15:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no shortage of viable combinations. One that fits with your head/hands curerec setup is NQ body/legs, Telchine Gloves, Medium's Sabots, and Phalaina Locket. That's exactly 50%. You could also swap in curerec Telchine Pigaches, curepot Rosmerta's, and Mendicant's Earring for a setup that could cap curerec with Kunaji or Vocane Ring, and so on and so forth.
By veddertehtaco 2017-05-13 15:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wasnt there a typo glitch in some of the gear? Thought i had read that somewhere in the update page here

Edit: spelling
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-05-13 22:50:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
The set has no haste for some reason, so it's not great for recast even with the fc.
This is all but irrelevant for non-WW cures. Fruit's base recast is low enough that it's essentially spammable out of spell delay, Plenilune should be around 5 seconds tops, and Restoral basically doesn't matter because it's a terribad spell (but its recast is the same as Plenilune). Mixed sets such as the examples I gave above obviously push that lower.

Quote:
The mnd/vit/hp are not particularly high
Pretty sure I just got done explaining that the MND and VIT on the NQ pieces are high enough to compete with, if not beat, BLU's existing options in every slot.

Quote:
no healing skill
Reminder that you're in the BLU forum. It takes 190 healing skill to bump Fruit/Plenilune up by just 1 HP, given that ilevel gear puts you well past their soft cap. Restoral (lol) uses blue skill instead, and WW obviously doesn't use skill at all.

Quote:
cure pot 2, conserve mp
Would've been nice, sure. Doesn't take away from what it does have, such as it is.

Quote:
For meva the nq set is not very interesting either, it's like the same as telchine
Head has one less, body 13 more, hands a whopping 29 more, legs and feet 5 more each in comparison to perfect Telchine meva augments. Wouldn't fault someone for keeping Telchine feet (particularly as they have 17 INT to Pinga's 0), nor the head, but there's good reason to carry the body and legs anyway and the hands are a very significant upgrade. Those three pieces alone represent a potential 23~47% shift in magic hitrate, depending on your baseline resist rate. The non-feet pieces also have more INT (and all have more MND) than Telchine unless you burn dusk augments on INT, which potentially grants a further advantage in meva.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-17 11:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Off topic, and sorry if posted elsewhere, but in the current range of gear stats on newest ilvl stuff. (Ambuscade +2 / AF+3)

Is the benefit of enhancing our JA's through gear still worthwhile; besides diffusion? (ie. CA/BA/Efflux)

'Enhances "Burst Affinity" effect' for example.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-17 12:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Elidyr said: »
Off topic, and sorry if posted elsewhere, but in the current range of gear stats on newest ilvl stuff. (Ambuscade +2 / AF+3)

Is the benefit of enhancing our JA's through gear still worthwhile; besides diffusion? (ie. CA/BA/Efflux)

Sure, if you actually use the JAs.

I think your question is more along the lines of 'when/how often/is it worth it' to even use the JAs other than diffusion. For me, nope. I haven't used burst affinity/CA in months. The only time I was using them semi regularly (and CA i've only used a handful of times ever because the ability to just self skillchain using sword ws was there) was when I first got blu to 99 and was pseudo farming jp/farming reisen lotto NMs for pouches.

The mosquito one went down faster with a skillchain > BA MB. But at that time I had no jp and poor gear. Now it's faster/easier to just burn it down with melee so I dont ever use BA. A bit of a shame really. Blu has so few JAs as it is and the ones we have are mostly useless or at least not worth the effort.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-17 12:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »

I think your question is more along the lines of 'when/how often/is it worth it' to even use the JAs other than diffusion. For me, nope. I haven't used burst affinity/CA in months. The only time I was using them semi regularly (and CA i've only used a handful of times ever because the ability to just self skillchain using sword ws was there) was when I first got blu to 99 and was pseudo farming jp/farming reisen lotto NMs for pouches.

The mosquito one went down faster with a skillchain > BA MB. But at that time I had no jp and poor gear. Now it's faster/easier to just burn it down with melee so I dont ever use BA. A bit of a shame really. Blu has so few JAs as it is and the ones we have are mostly useless or at least not worth the effort.

In terms of increasing damage though with say Mavi Basmak +1, versus using Jhakri Feet +2 with BA up as an example. Would it be worth it? Not sure if theres any solid evidence buried in here with possible numbers, or if its to marginal to be worth it.

I agree with you though, I hardly use them, just working on my gearswap to make sure Im implenting everything I possible can. Doing a big overhaul on everything lol.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-05-17 13:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of increasing damage though with say Mavi Basmak +1, versus using Jhakri Feet +2 with BA up as an example. Would it be worth it? Not sure if theres any solid evidence buried in here with possible numbers, or if its to marginal to be worth it.

I agree with you though, I hardly use them, just working on my gearswap to make sure Im implenting everything I possible can. Doing a big overhaul on everything lol.

I 'think' it will provide a marginal increase. It used to at least... Pretty sure I have mine set to activate when using the JAs, but never tested against the newer gear. Mostly because I haven't used blu JAs, other than diffusion, in 6+ months.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-17 13:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I 'think' it will provide a marginal increase. It used to at least... Pretty sure I have mine set to activate when using the JAs, but never tested against the newer gear. Mostly because I haven't used blu JAs, other than diffusion, in 6+ months.

Yah, I understand. I am pretty sure that is the case for most part, just wanted to hear some input thanks! ^^
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-05-17 14:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends in part on which piece you're looking at and the circumstances where it's used.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-05-17 14:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Depends in part on which piece you're looking at and the circumstances where it's used.

I'm just going to assume, while it may increase a bit, the situations in which may arise are to small to make it worth incorporating the logic in my gearswap to ensure that all the situations are met. Sound about right?

Feet / Legs
Head / Feet

What I was looking at in particular. Ill probably do it just for the AF+3 parts only. At least they have some decent stats.
By Yandaime 2017-05-24 09:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if it's been asked before but is there any way to have GS detect Bubble-Haste? I have a separate TP set for capped Magic Haste and have rules for MG and/or March but I would like one for bubble-haste if possible (Geos use this sometimes in Omen Climb)

The Icon only has it listed as Haste so would a buff ID work?
By geigei 2017-05-24 09:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think 580 is haste bubble.
By Yandaime 2017-05-24 10:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
I think 580 is haste bubble.
Thank you, I'll hive it a shot
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-05-24 18:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You can check the buff id's in one of the files in addons/Gearswap. I wanna say the file is called "Buffs", but I'm not home to verify.
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-06-05 16:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

going back tweaking BLU sets today heres current MAB anything I'm missing?
ItemSet 351745

Herculean Head +11INT +29MACC +31MAB
Rosmerta's Cape +30INT +10MAB +20MACC/DMG
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2017-06-05 16:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
going back tweaking BLU sets today heres current MAB anything I'm missing?
ItemSet 351745

Herculean Head +11INT +29MACC +31MAB
Rosmerta's Cape +30INT +10MAB +20MACC/DMG

Something to consider: Assimilator's keffiyeh +3
Magic Accuracy+56 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+28 INT+33

This will trigger the set bonus of the regal earring giving an additional 15 m.acc.
Code
With the herc head you get: 41 MAB, 29 MAC, 31 INT
With AF+3 head you get:     28 MAB, 71 MAC, 33 INT

13 less MAB, 42 more MAC, 2 more INT
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-06-15 18:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about the claid. soluis, been trying to get WSdmg on it and used like 4+ stacks of leafslit/tip +2 and 1 stack of leafdim +2, the wiki lists WSdmg under leafslit/tip but it didnt show once and i was getting weird augments, like leafdim augments using -slit and the other way around.

Any insight on this? or im having terribad luck D:
By fillerbunny9 2017-06-15 20:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Alluvion Weapon augments are terrible, you should just abandon ship for Nibiru Blade/Tanmogayi +1/Colada.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-06-15 20:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I just want it for those rare cases im doing savage blade but wsdmg seems to be super rare
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-06-15 20:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You'd be much better served building a Colada to fill that niche. Extremely similar damage with a drastically lower delay, as well as a far cheaper, if more random, augment avenue. They can also obtain basically the exact same stats.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-06-28 12:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I just want it for those rare cases im doing savage blade but wsdmg seems to be super rare

Use sequence instead?

I honestly would not tell anyone, at this stage in the game, to bother with that sword, or most any skirmish weapon these days.

Side note, savage is probably your most powerful ws in many cases if geared properly and you're not wanting to keep up Aftermath with Almace and not needing it's skillchain properties. Even using Almace, my savages are often about the same damage as cdc, sometimes more depending on content.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-28 13:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

whats a good savage blade set look like for Blu these days?
 Odin.Speedyjim
Server: Odin
user: speedyjim
By Odin.Speedyjim 2017-06-28 13:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently using this set and I pump our great numbers. Open to suggestions to improve.

ItemSet 352098

Augments are standard STR/ACC/ATK/WSD
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2017-06-28 13:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I use CDC because all the content im doing lately doesnt go higher than 135, (well did some albumens melee style some weeks ago but not usual) and tizona/alma combo fits that role really well but wanted to finish my savage blade set since i lacked an offhand, it was btw claidheam or colada so for now colada won.

I use this for savage blade (when i use it lol):

ItemSet 352097

Tried too many stones to change the helm (still trying) but well, this works well and doubles for expiacion lol.

Edit: Beaten by speedyjim lol but well, something like this like he said pumps up very good numbers. (i was making the itemset when he posted lol)

Edit2: Stats on augmented stuff because it doesnt show you unless u enter in the set itself lol.

colada: WSdmg2 str14 acc8 att18, helm: WSdmg5 STR8 acc/att8, legs: str10 acc/att36, feet: WSdmg4 str10 att26 cape: str30 acc/att20 WSdmg10.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-28 14:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Phuoc said: »
I use CDC because all the content im doing lately doesnt go higher than 135, (well did some albumens melee style some weeks ago but not usual) and tizona/alma combo fits that role really well but wanted to finish my savage blade set since i lacked an offhand, it was btw claidheam or colada so for now colada won.

I use this for savage blade (when i use it lol):

ItemSet 352097

Tried too many stones to change the helm (still trying) but well, this works well and doubles for expiacion lol.

Edit: Beaten by speedyjim lol but well, something like this like he said pumps up very good numbers. (i was making the itemset when he posted lol)
Guess I have to start coming Blu to omen lol..+2/+3 reforged =/
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-06-29 13:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

What spellset do some people use for salvage?

Mine is a mix of the dd spells and some aoe, with TH in there somewhere, as BLU/DNC.

Amorphic Spikes
Geist Wall (for Cerb' Blaze Spikes)
Tenebral Crush
Delta Thrust
Magic Fruit
Spectral Floe
Occultation
Subduction
Magic Hammer
Empty Thrash
Everyone's Grudge
Barrier Tusk (Rarely gets used; replacement?)
Fantod
Dream Flower (also often forgotten)
Charged Whisker
Battery Charge
Heavy Strike
Erratic Flutter
Sudden Lunge
Diamondhide

Geist Wall is just preference for not beating myself to death on Blaze Spikes and wasting time healing.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-29 13:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
What spellset do some people use for salvage?

Mine is a mix of the dd spells and some aoe, with TH in there somewhere, as BLU/DNC.

Amorphic Spikes
Geist Wall (for Cerb' Blaze Spikes)
Tenebral Crush
Delta Thrust
Magic Fruit
Spectral Floe
Occultation
Subduction
Magic Hammer
Empty Thrash
Everyone's Grudge
Barrier Tusk (Rarely gets used; replacement?)
Fantod
Dream Flower (also often forgotten)
Charged Whisker
Battery Charge
Heavy Strike
Erratic Flutter
Sudden Lunge
Diamondhide

Geist Wall is just preference for not beating myself to death on Blaze Spikes and wasting time healing.
I would change /thf and use +2 th in gear, assume th+ from spells dont stack. Depending on your set can just use Floe and Subduction would drop tenebral crush. How long do you take normal run? If more than 30 min, suggest you spike up your DD spells a tad and check what gear may be better for multi attack and what not. Also killing all mobs/nm lottery or just bypass and go gear up gear floor and NQ/HQ boss?
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-06-29 13:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My runs are between 20-25 minutes. DNC sub is pretty much just for healing paralysis. Tbh I started off using THF before I had any JP and hadn't gone back since. I actually use Tenebral for its def down on the cerb bosses.

I kill enough to unlock on floor 1, skip floor 2, clear gears on 3, and whatever gears on 4, along with the robutts and the bosses.
First Page 2 3 ... 329 330 331 ... 445 446 447