New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 299 300 301 ... 445 446 447
By Boshi 2016-07-20 12:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I am well aware how Reis augs work, I'm 1.3k taup deep into hands those are just the best 2 I've reciwved so far.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-20 12:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
or if you have a rawhide vest thats not a terrible option either it has 25 MAB and is soloable to get. Obviously there is better, but for a freash new char, you do wat you can.

When you say soloable...do you mean soloable? xD lol I know that's a dumb question but I thought I was nowhere near being able to join Escha NM hunting groups never mind soloing any.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-20 12:16:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo with trusts is possible. I've done it Skillchain+MB on SCH. Never tried as BLU so I don't know about that. I'm on Asura so if you want to go kill it a couple times I can give you a hand.
[+]
By Afania 2016-07-20 12:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
or if you have a rawhide vest thats not a terrible option either it has 25 MAB and is soloable to get. Obviously there is better, but for a freash new char, you do wat you can.

When you say soloable...do you mean soloable? xD lol I know that's a dumb question but I thought I was nowhere near being able to join Escha NM hunting groups never mind soloing any.

If you have geared your character to certain level, then it's possible to solo most if not all T1 in all 3 zones on any job that can deal dmg. T2 or T3 is also possible to solo. Because at that point your char just takes less dmg and hits hard to kill things fast.

That's why I always encourage ppl gear one job as well as possible, that would make progression a lot easier. Instead of lving 5 jobs and mediocre at all of them.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-20 12:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Solo with trusts is possible. I've done it Skillchain+MB on SCH. Never tried as BLU so I don't know about that. I'm on Asura so if you want to go kill it a couple times I can give you a hand.

Thanks! I may take you up on that :D

Afania said: »

If you have geared your character to certain level, then it's possible to solo most if not all T1 in all 3 zones on any job that can deal dmg. T2 or T3 is also possible to solo. Because at that point your char just takes less dmg and hits hard to kill things fast.

That's why I always encourage ppl gear one job as well as possible, that would make progression a lot easier. Instead of lving 5 jobs and mediocre at all of them.

Good to know. How well geared would you say someone would have to be?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-20 12:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just my humble opinion here, but if you want to cleave, you should get some decent gear first. Otherwise you will find yourself making small pulls on enemies that give very little cp.
So get some gear, then cleave better stuff. I feel doing it backwards will actually take longer. Besides, you're still going to want to get this gear later.
If, however, you have your heart set on cp'ing now, you will probably get cp faster by meleeing with trusts helping you. Grab a 117 set and go kill dragons and puks in escha zitah.
Remember that the killing part is only half the battle. You also need to survive the pulls.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-07-20 12:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
This is a set of magic atk. bonus/INT gear I have/can easily get today.

ItemSet 344835

What/where/am I able to AoE burn stuff with this set for CP/Job points?

Any improvements that don't involve sinking time into stuff that I can realistically get right now?

Also, on the topic of Aoe burning for CP, is spamming Subduction and Anvil Lightning the general way BLUs do it?

Clubs can be "Nibiru" x2 (PATH B) / Colada x2 (Sword if u need to)
Neck : Incanter's torque / Eddy Necklace
Back: toro cape / CornFlower Cape
Belt: Salire Belt
Legs: Lengo Pants / Dawn II Legs
Feet : EMP +1
Hands: Leyline Gloves
Body: Samnuha Coat / Dawn II body
Head: Dampening Tam / Herculean Helm
Ammo: Mavi / Dosis / UCNM
Earrings: Friomisi + Hecate

are some of the update you could do cheap and easy

Also getting Almeric Be huge Step but expensive at the moment.

So up to you buddy :D

I wouldn't say either of those bodies were easy to get really. Not for a new/returning player who might not have all missions done yet.

Samnuha requires Sinsiter Reign, which requires completion of Adoulin missions. And it doesn't always drop, even if it does you`d have to be lucky with augments. Dawn II is easy enough to solo on Normal with trusts, but the drop rate from my experience is terrible.

Hagondes or Helios from skirmish might be a quicker option for them.

Fair enough.
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2016-07-20 12:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Just my humble opinion here, but if you want to cleave, you should get some decent gear first. Otherwise you will find yourself making small pulls on enemies that give very little cp.
So get some gear, then cleave better stuff. I feel doing it backwards will actually take longer. Besides, you're still going to want to get this gear later.
If, however, you have your heart set on cp'ing now, you will probably get cp faster by meleeing with trusts helping you. Grab a 117 set and go kill dragons and puks in escha zitah.
Remember that the killing part is only half the battle. You also need to survive the pulls.
Most Definitely !!!!!!!!!! :D

Lau knows it.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2016-07-20 12:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely agree. Part of my question was whether or not that set was even good enough to cleave in. Meleeing with trusts on efts/bugards seems really slow. Guess I'll try puks/dragons instead.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2016-07-20 13:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Absolutely agree. Part of my question was whether or not that set was even good enough to cleave in. Meleeing with trusts on efts/bugards seems really slow. Guess I'll try puks/dragons instead.
The added bonus is that puks/dragons is a popular cleaving camp and maybe someone will take pity on you and invite you. O.-
By Afania 2016-07-20 13:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I may take you up on that :D

Afania said: »

Good to know. How well geared would you say someone would have to be?

If you wear pre escha gears it would be quite difficult, not saying impossible, just difficult.

If you have reisen lv of gears most T1 usually won't live more than 1 to 2 min.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-20 16:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

@Tarowyn current public sheet is linked in the guide, just above gearsets.
 Shiva.Mulitus
Server: Shiva
user: barryrock
By Shiva.Mulitus 2016-07-23 06:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Have question which which one is better for CDC. Herculean hands dex 14 accuracy 36 attack 32 crit damage 1 or Herculean hands dex 14 accuracy 5 attack 8 crit damage 4 .
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-07-23 07:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say the 2nd one, it's easier to make up the extra acc/att.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-23 07:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

crit4

Edit: For CDC purpose if nothing else avail.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-07-23 10:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mulitus said: »
Have question which which one is better for CDC. Herculean hands dex 14 accuracy 36 attack 32 crit damage 1 or Herculean hands dex 14 accuracy 5 attack 8 crit damage 4 .

depends on your other gear. Check to see what your WS acc is at compared to your tp acc. I try to keep my WS acc 12-ish above my tp acc. I know If I can cap acc or close to then I know for sure im capped on WS.

If your hardest fights are apex crabs you can get along with probably the 4 crit dmg, if you like to try and melee a T3 reis nm you will need all the acc you can get, this goes for ws set too.

For the avg blu I would say go for the first with 14DEX 36ACC 32ATT 1critD. YOur talking about 31ACC and 24ATT, that is huge. I have an very good CDC set, and I am always trying to figure out how I can push acc a bit more. You have to remember that your highest DMG feet have no acc, you have to find that elsewhere, same for adhemar head, has lowish-avg acc, then add in one ring wont have acc, you can see what I mean.

I have various CDC sets though for different accuracy tiers and needs. My suggestion is to keep the high acc pair, reason being is that you have a very close to maxed out acc pair for your HIGHACC-CDC set. YOur 2nd aug is more avg believe it or not, you can get that again later if you needed. But that would be an awesome aug is your LOWACC-CDC set.
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-23 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have various CDC sets though for different accuracy tiers and needs. My suggestion is to keep the high acc pair, reason being is that you have a very close to maxed out acc pair for your HIGHACC-CDC set. YOur 2nd aug is more avg believe it or not, you can get that again later if you needed. But that would be an awesome aug is your LOWACC-CDC set.

+1 was too lazy to type myself.
By Colossusx 2016-07-23 12:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How big of a difference is asperity neck vs combatants torque in situations where the acc needed from torque isn't needed?
 Asura.Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-07-23 12:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossusx said: »
How big of a difference is asperity neck vs combatants torque in situations where the acc needed from torque isn't needed?

And Lissome Necklace vs asperity neck also please :D
 Fenrir.Vazerus
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2016-07-23 14:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning after 1-1.5 years; would anyone be so kind to post a multiple-spellset azuresets and/or gearswap lua to compare after I make my own? I deleted my gearswap and azuresets list thinking I wouldn't come back.

Still really pissed I deleted the gearswap :(. That thing was pretty intricate, and I hate coding with a passion, lol. My wife made a fairly simple gearswap in the meantime, but I really miss the multiple acc, hybrid, and event specific sets for everything I had before.

-edit- Disregard; I'm an idiot and missed the lua in the main post.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2016-07-24 04:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So maybe this was covered somewhere within this thread's 300 pages, but I basically tl;dr it: I'm looking at the comparison between Nibiru Cudgels vs Iris path D in terms of blue magical power, and my basic differences are such that:
--Nibiru x2 has 4 MAB and 44 more INT than Iris x2.
--Iris x2 has 60 Blue Magic Skill, -14% Blue magic spellcasting time (for the longer casting time spells like Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush), and 16 more Magic accuracy.
Now, its been said that Blue magic skill is directly involved for the damage calculation for magical spell damage, but I can't seem to find that formula, thus leading to my question; What kind of raw power difference am I going to see with two Nibiru vs two Iris? Hundred of damage? Thousands? Or merely a double digit difference at the very best?
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-24 04:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »
Now, its been said that Blue magic skill is directly involved for the damage calculation for magical spell damage
Pretty sure it doesn't. BG Wiki doesn't mention skill affecting damage either.

Quote:
Blue Magic skill determines the spell interruption rate of blue magic spells. It is directly involved in the damage calculation for physical blue magic spells and the accuracy and potency determination for magical blue magic spells.
For magical blu spells, skill only affects magic accuracy and "potency determination" which I assume would be for spells like Diamondhide, Atra. Libations and Magic Barrier.

To my knowledge, the only "magical magics" that have damage affected by skill are Ninjutsu and Divine Magic when Divine Emblem is active. Of course, physical blue magic damage is affected by skill, to avoid confusion.

So to answer your question, Nibiru Cudgels are still our best nuking weapon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2016-07-24 04:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
So to answer your question, Nibiru Cudgels are still our best nuking weapon.
Never doubted, my question was by how much. If its only by a margin measured by a magnifying glass and a calculator, I won't bother dropping 1.4 mil in Eschalixers to path the cudgels.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-07-24 05:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

With my sets it's about a 740 damage increase on Tenebral Crush.
By FaeQueenCory 2016-07-24 06:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's the INT that really makes them so superior.

On shitmobs, you won't really see any difference except for what MAB will give you. This is because you're either already capped in ΔINT (only caps for determining base spell damage, after that it will just increase Macc) or you're so close that it won't matter.

But on stuff that matters, you'll see a massive increase in damage AND a reduction of resists.

BLU nukes also act similar to magical WSs... So they have an ƒINT term too, making INT even MORE valuable.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-07-25 02:17:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Made some overdue updates to the introduction section for the OP and added in a section for each of our AF sets.

I will be updating gear sets in the next few days as well as finally making good on my months-old promise of creating Tizona AM3 sets. Expect to see Rosmerta's capes everywhere because of how stupidly versatile they can be if you have 100.

For regular TP sets, my current plan is to calculate DPS using Tanmogayi +1 in the mainhand and a +15DMG, 15acc/atk, 3 DA Colada in the offhand. If people disagree or would prefer me to use some other high-tier combination, please send me a PM through the forum.

If this augmenting system wasn't so expansive, it wouldn't be so difficult to select options, but as things stand, I need to set clear specifications while testing.
[+]
 Shiva.Larrymc
Server: Shiva
user: larrymc
By Shiva.Larrymc 2016-07-26 09:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast cast & Haste question (for magic spell casting)

It is my understanding there is a hard 80% casting delay reduction in the game.

1) Therefore if you obtain 80% fast cast - you have reached the casting delay cap without any gear haste, or any haste spells/songs/MG. Just want to confirm my understanding is correct?

But you are still at only 1/2 of the recast cap.

2) With 40%+ haste from gear and magic, you have now reached the recast cap as well?
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2016-07-26 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that is correct outside of sch JAs which can break the cap. Blu af3 hands don't let you break the recast floor.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-07-26 10:50:59
Link | Quote | Reply

>80% recast reduction has been possible for some time now. If there is a hard cap, we haven't found it.
First Page 2 3 ... 299 300 301 ... 445 446 447