The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 445 446 447
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-07-06 11:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As said above, monsters will continue to spawn infrequently from other locations. This is also why you can't just clear the dens and chill with no monsters for the rest of the run. Don't worry about backtracking here, even if they break down the stockade while you're clearing out the further dens the cantonment has more than enough HP to last til you get back and will take basically no damage after that.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-06 14:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Every test I've run in the past has Xiu losing handily to other options currently available. I haven't tested it within the past week or so, and I may be missing a target on which it excels, but it has never wowed me on anything, either in the spreadsheet or in practice, hence why I don't personally recommend it as anything more than a stepping stone. If there's a scenario I'm missing where it really shines, please share because I want to be as accurate as possible when it comes to BLU. Unfortunately, it seems that my hard drive may have imploded today, so it may be some time before I'm able to test or do basically anything with FFXI.
Could I see your updated spreadsheet if you have it? Updating the Blu spreadsheet is especially annoying compared to any other job at this point. Personally I've found Xiut to outperform any offhand in situations that accuracy doesn't matter, and to smash them when attack doesn't matter.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-07-06 16:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually have it better for things like Raaz, but have it way behind on anything acc matters. And plugging it in for dynamis mobs it is also behind by a 1 dps.

So, if you have Nibiru capped I wouldn't bother looking at Xiut at all. At best it is a very small dps increase in rare situations.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-07-06 17:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously a 115 weapon isn't going to be preferable when acc matters, I haven't done anything on Blu that acc has mattered in a very long time though.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-07-06 17:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just saying if you have Nibiru maxed out, no reason to use Xiut at all. It is extremely situational where Xiut outperforms Nibiru, and in those places it is like a 1 DPS increase. Basically, 9/10 situations Nibiru will out damage Xiut
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-07-06 18:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

does that take WS into account? I feel like Xiu would help you WS more with oat augmented.

Edit: I've never messed around with any of the spreadsheets.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-07-06 19:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it takes ws into account.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-09 11:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface said: »
does that take WS into account? I feel like Xiu would help you WS more with oat augmented.

Edit: I've never messed around with any of the spreadsheets.

I don't know what your gear looks like, but if you don't have all +TA augments then Xiu is going to perform relatively better when accuracy doesn't matter.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-07-09 15:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I have some TA augments, but not all and not all maxed out. I wasn't asking to find out which is better for me, though. It was a genuine curiosity about the tools people use to evaluate these things, which I know nothing about.
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-07-09 20:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just now getting a Gabaxorea, and finally have the KIs/Plasm to either get a second Gabaxorea or a Bolelabunga (Gabo seems hands down better, though Bole has free regen/refresh). At this point, should I bother with the second club, or should I just go and get the Fenrir sword?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-09 20:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

A Gaba would be the better nuking option, hands down. However, both Bole and Medeina have the refresh attached. Medeina will be stronger than a base Gaba, but weaker than a rank 15. It's up to you with what you are willing to spend. If you have access to a group capable of clearing T2 Escha NMs, can always pick yourself up Nibiru Cudgels instead.

Nuking weapon hierarchy right now is Nibiru cudgel B > Gabaxorea A > Medeina > basically everything else.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-07-10 13:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have tizona (like I do), what's the best offhand, the new nibiru blade? Or should I stick with an augmented Claidheamh Soluis? I'm afraid you're gonna say the latter is better, because of the higher base damage, which would make my sinking of an eschalixir +2 into the nibiru blade look kinda stupid. =/
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-10 13:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nibiru

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-10 19:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't think of a situation in which a Claid is the best offhand. The reason it was originally believed to be was that Prothescar was working with incorrect data on the max augments for the sword. Since he fixed the augments to their proper ranges, an offhand Claid is basically never worth it.

Nibiru A is an excellent offhand, and only loses to Nibiru B when you are lacking attack. However, the high DEX and acc on path A makes it a hard piece to give up in higher content, so I'd suggest a path A first. In the majority of situations, path A is your absolute best bet.

I'm not certain on whether or not the ring is necessary, but I do know that Rawhide Gloves have higher blue magic skill than Khepri, and are infinitely easier to attain.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-07-10 21:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Claid is only good if you got +dmg augment on it, on main-hand only...if not got for Nibiru offhand ;p
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-07-11 00:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay guys, thanks, glad I did use eschalixirs on my shiny new off hand sword.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-07-11 00:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Antica Ring isn't necessary to hit 550, but you need Renaye Ring. Current max with skill+8 gift is 558 iirc.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2015-07-11 01:41:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I count 573 with gifts, both rings, max augmented cape, and new kilij. 551 without rings or sword.

That said, aiming for 450 or 500 skill + max recast reduction is far more practical for anything besides pre-fight buffing, and even than, how often are you really going through that many shadows before they get cleared by an aoe?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2015-07-11 01:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I deliberately left out Medeina when totaling skill options (probably should've mentioned that), but I don't see how you're getting 563 without it. I was under the impression that the skill+8 gift overwrites the previous skill+5 gift?

Post deleted by User.
By Kirakishou 2015-07-11 17:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the off topic but I've tried looking around for this and couldn't really find an answer. Are the AF 1 quests still JP midnight locked? Just finished getting my sword from Waoud,I then zoned and waited till day changed and he did not give me anything new, just gave me his divination quiz again. Bg-wiki says nothing about Jp midnight but the other wiki does. Is there anything that I am missing?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-11 17:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Still JP midnight. SE decided that Aht Urhgan would be the era of JP midnights. BLU and COR AFs are particularly irritating because of that.
By Kirakishou 2015-07-11 17:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Still JP midnight. SE decided that Aht Urhgan would be the era of JP midnights. BLU and COR AFs are particularly irritating because of that.

Incredibly frustrating to have base AF armor still JP locked,this is going to take 6 days to go 6/6 on AF peices (counting the sword)....
 Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface
By Quetzalcoatl.Ninjaface 2015-07-13 10:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

you can upgrade them as soon as you get them, though, so it isn't like you have to wait the time it takes to get the base pieces and then start. those two clocks will run concurrent.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2015-07-13 11:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad they gave these values out, although they are the ones I had assumed were likely.

Kincard's Translation said:
Blue Mage Traits (7/13)

Quote:
How potent are the magic accuracy and evasion traits for Blue Mage? If possible please include the bonus from Gifts.
Here are the values for the new traits obtainable since the 6/25 update.

Tenebral Crush (Magic Accuracy)
Level 1: 10
Level 2: 22

Blinding Fulgor (Magic Evasion)
Level 1: 10
Level 2: 22

Nightfyre said:
I deliberately left out Medeina when totaling skill options (probably should've mentioned that), but I don't see how you're getting 563 without it. I was under the impression that the skill+8 gift overwrites the previous skill+5 gift?

Gifts don't overwrite other gifts.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-13 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, 22 macc is pretty damn significant. Not only is that our strongest nuke, but it also brings that nice bonus to the table.
By ZubisC 2015-07-14 06:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question about swords; As a solo player, which is the best combination of swords I can aquire? I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I should aim for.
First Page 2 3 ... 182 183 184 ... 445 446 447