Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 08:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
BLUs are supposed to be assassins for Whitegate
That is incorrect. They were created as a special force to destroy Ephramad, along with all the other *** up experiments of Hazhalm.

The immortals story is really pretty dark.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-03-29 15:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

will work on adjusting gearsets when i get time. really only a couple of minor changes for BLU, and "a couple" is pre-math speculation, may not even be that much.

the new sword is neat but 99% sure it isn't worth offhanding. will need to do math by hand or run a sim to figure out an estimation though, spreadsheets dont do SCs properly
By Juggernautx 2015-03-29 18:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone with the new empyrean 119 gear notice any difference in set proc rate maximums?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-04 05:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anybody done the math on the new sword to determine if it's a better offhand than other options these days? I was originally skeptical about it, then saw some of Bryth's math on the actual bonus being 10% SC damage instead of some +10 damage added to SCs or something and became excited about it. But then Proth mentions it's likely not a good option. As I'm not sure about SC damage calculations, I'm hoping those more experienced would be able to shed some light. I just picked one up tonight and am wondering if it's good for anything aside from a lockstyle
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-04 20:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Juggernautx said: »
Anyone with the new empyrean 119 gear notice any difference in set proc rate maximums?

You'd basically never cast in more than 1 piece of it, so the set bonus has never been worth caring about.
By Juggernautx 2015-04-05 11:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting to Know:

Possible to hit 553 Blue Magic skill with the new 119 empy legs.

Tested Occulation. 550+ skill casting equaled 11 total blink images.

Magic Barrier makes use of as well.

I forget if/which other blue spells gain special augmentation through skill+ or skill tiers.
 Asura.Yamoman
Server: Asura
user: Yamoman
By Asura.Yamoman 2015-04-06 21:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got Defiant Collar (Accuracy+8 Subtle Blow +3 Triple Attack +1%) from Vagary, does this replace Asperity Necklace (Attack +8 Double Attack 2% STP +3)for tp now? not sure if the lost of stp3 dosnt make it worthwhile. BTW using Claid/Claid swords.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-06 21:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asperity is the same amount of multi-attack (2 additional attacks per 100), and trades subtle blow for STP and attack for accuracy. For Tizona AM3 I got Defiant beating Asperity by a hair, on Uson Asperity winning by a similar amount. I haven't looked at Claid/Claid gearsets at all.
By Zyla 2015-04-06 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

hey everyone, i've been away from the game for awhile and was wondering if anyone could tell me what mob types use these new spells?

Sweeping Gouge
Nectarous Deluge
Atra. Libations

i originally went to check them on BG, but it looks like nobody has updated that info yet. thnx in advance.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-06 22:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

raaz, snapweed, dullahan
By kithaofcerb 2015-04-07 02:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody have Acclimator yet? If yes, how does it match up to other swords?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Acclimator
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 03:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

havent mathed but i can tell you this:

It's a massive damage discrepancy with Claid, being lower than even an augmented uson. The usefulness of the sword would hinge on SC frequency, SC level, and whether you're closing most of the SCs or not. IF you're doing a lot of SCs, IF you're doing a lv 2 or 3 SC, and IF you're closing a majority of the SCs, I could see it maybe being useful as an offhand. But without those conditions, I have a strong inclination towards saying that claid/claid is still better, and I'm not even sure that those conditions are enough to satisfy the sword as being a good choice (unless it's multistep in which case it should theoretically be superior in most situations since 10% will be a lot more impactful at that point)

you'd be losing some weaponskill damage (probably +/- 5%) in exchange for 10% skillchain damage and some magic damage; this is all stuff you undoubtedly already know. so for now i'll just tag it with "situational"
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-07 07:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, Proth, I must be doing something wrong here. I'm attempting to replicate the numbers you found back on page 161, but something's off.

Exact same buffs (Ionis, Haste II, March, Minuet V, Madrigal II, Samurai Roll (XI+5), Fighter Roll (XI+5), Berserk, Nature's Meditation, Charred Salisbury Steak) and the same DEF down tier on the simulated Tojil (25%). Unless I'm mistaken, XI+5 Samurai Roll caps at 60 STP, and an XI+5 Fighter's caps at +20% DA.

2x Uson B's for the Usons. 2x Claid with DMG +19, ACC/ATK +15, and DA +4. These are the highest reported augments that I was able to find for Claid specifically.

TP Gear consists of:
Sword/Sword/NA/Ginsen
Iuitl+1(with DA2)/Asperity/Trux/Brutal
Qaaxo A/Taeon with 20ACC 20ATK 2TA/Rajas/Epona
Bleating/Windbuffet+1/Taeon w/ 20ACC 20ATK 2TA/Taeon w/ 20ACC 20ATK 2TA

CDC set:
Sword/Sword/NA/Jukukik
Ukuxkaj w/DEX+8/Gorget/Brutal/Moonshade
Dread Jupon/Nilas Gloves/Ramuh+1/Epona
Rancorous/Ele Belt/Manibozho/Vanir
(Same CDC set used just for comparison, but even with my actual CDC set the numbers were still less than your testing)

Exact same spell set
Dual Wield V
Triple Attack
Accuracy Bonus II
Critical Attack Bonus II
Store TP II

Uson/Uson came in at 1514
Claid/Claid came in at 1566
And, to my surprise, I'm getting Claid/Bura at 1576.

I'm trying to figure out what I did incorrectly from your testing, as these numbers seem way off. I'm still learning when it comes to the spreadsheet, so if there's a glaring issue that I missed, I apologize. I'm just having trouble understanding why these differ so greatly from your testing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 07:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

my numbers weren't using exact augments since, at the time, they were not available.

162D 20ACC/ATK 6DA per sword

was not aware that DA went to only 4, adjusting claid stats to match this:

161D 15ACC/ATK 4DA per sword

I'm getting

1620DPS for Uson/Uson
1669DPS for Claid/Claid

Not sure why your numbers are so different. I'll upload the copy of the SS that I'm using so you can take a look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyqubddus62coxq/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20Blu.xlsx?dl=0

my own simulation has, for the most part, been able to replicate these scenarios under perfect conditions. i dont remember if the spreadsheet has rolls upgraded to be using ring or not by default, but check for that for starters. Also I have Tojil's DEF down at 35%, not 25 (10 from dia II + 25 from gouge)

That said, with the lower stats accounted for Bura should be very slightly better than a second claid
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 07:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, as a very rough comparison, Claid/Acclimator vs Claid/Bura:

1616 vs 1682 (this is before considering that, if you're targeting skillchains as such, you could probably find room for SC Bonus traits too. But anyway)

Approximately a 3% decrease in weaponskill damage in exchange for a 10%-12% increase in skillchain damage. Should easily be better in most situations unless you're opening for a THF or something rather than closing SCs yourself.

Example, a standard two step self Light SC. CDC -> CDC. Assume average CDC is 9607, second CDC is 9607.

(9607 * (3/2.25) * (1 + 10/100) + 96) = 14,186 Light SC before resistances, ilvl bonus, resistance bonus, etc.

For claid/bura, average CDC of 9913, closing CDC 9913

(9913 * (3/2.25) * (1 + 0/100) + 0) = 13,217 Light SC before resistances, ilvl bonus, resistance bonus, etc.

So you lose 306 CDC average, but gain 969 SC average for a level 3 two step SC. This means you need to close at least every 1 in 3 or so SCs for the sword to be effective, as a very very very rough approximation.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-07 07:51:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My mistake came down to the level of defense down on Tojil, thank you for pointing that out. That simple change skyrocketed the DPS of all options. Also, I'm not sure if this is the correct way to go about setting hit rate, but I changed the hit rate within the data tab to be 99%. If this is the improper way to alter hit rate, my apologies again.

Uson/Uson at 1764.
Claid/Claid at 1828.
Claid/Bura at 1842.

Also, I don't believe that the spreadsheets assumed +5 rolls, as yours listed Samurai capping at +40 instead of +60. Changing that as well as the hit rate brought my results far more in line with your findings. I'm still exceptionally surprised to find Bura doing so well. I had completely written it off and even considered dropping it for extra space. I'm still not positive that everything I've done with my sheet was actually correct, but thank you for all of the help in figuring it out.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 07:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said, augments weren't perfect the first time. They were set too high, and without them going that high Bura gains back some of its lost ground; enough to make it better by a bit (though if the Acclimator stuff isn't in error, which it shouldn't be, that doesn't matter for much in some cases). There was a post around somewhere with official values for the maximum augments available for each piece, I wish I could find it.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-04-07 08:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46057/full-alluvion-augment-cap-list/

This is what I've been relying on for all of my augmenting questions as of late, if that's what you're looking for. Also, huge thanks for the Acclimator math.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-04-07 08:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

well that will save me a lot of time. thanks for the link
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-07 09:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Any suggestions on BLU gear progression for a fresh character?

Things that need to be worked on for sure are achievement related items like suppanomimi/rajas ring. Currently at level 70 and haven't started any of the missions yet but its on my list of things to do.

Once I do go beyond 75 I am considering if I should bother getting Empy/+1/+2/NNI/Salvage/Salvage v2 stuff or just circumvent that completely for sparks gear?
By Zyla 2015-04-07 09:30:10
Link | Quote | Reply

@proth: ty much sir for the spell info, will work on getting those soon
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-07 09:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
Once I do go beyond 75 I am considering if I should bother getting Empy/+1/+2/NNI/Salvage/Salvage v2 stuff or just circumvent that completely for sparks gear?

If you're looking purely for efficiency, you should prioritize 99 with iLevel gear. The stat vomit, defense/evasion/magic evasion and so on is very significant, and will make traipsing across Vana'diel filling in gaps in your gear or spell list a lot easier.

You can probably get a lot of your Empyrean done via login campaigns, or the BCNM campaign (adds Kupons to some pools). You'll still need some Abyssea currencies to buy the base items, but compared to building up KIs to efficiently farm seals and such, it's not a big time investment.

There are more immediate options for gear than NNI/Salvage as well. Several WKR pieces are solid, nevermind that there are spells to possibly learn there. Base Skirmish armor is also pretty quick to get. Also AF/Relic upgrades if relevant.

That said, if you happen across people doing Abyssea stuff (particularly) anyway, it may not hurt to ask if you can have some of the drops. iLevel Empyrean upgrades take items from bosses, so getting those wins is good, but you've also got stuff like Atheling Mantle (100% drop from Orthrus, unless everyone in the group has one), or Isador from Isgabind (would want to proc blue), that folks would likely let you take if they're killing the mobs anyway (same for Empyrean upgrade items I'd assume).
I just wouldn't go too far out of my way to get that stuff instead of XP'ing.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2015-04-07 10:10:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Isiolia said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

If you're looking purely for efficiency, you should prioritize 99 with iLevel gear. The stat vomit, defense/evasion/magic evasion and so on is very significant, and will make traipsing across Vana'diel filling in gaps in your gear or spell list a lot easier.

You can probably get a lot of your Empyrean done via login campaigns, or the BCNM campaign (adds Kupons to some pools). You'll still need some Abyssea currencies to buy the base items, but compared to building up KIs to efficiently farm seals and such, it's not a big time investment.

There are more immediate options for gear than NNI/Salvage as well. Several WKR pieces are solid, nevermind that there are spells to possibly learn there. Base Skirmish armor is also pretty quick to get. Also AF/Relic upgrades if relevant.

That said, if you happen across people doing Abyssea stuff (particularly) anyway, it may not hurt to ask if you can have some of the drops. iLevel Empyrean upgrades take items from bosses, so getting those wins is good, but you've also got stuff like Atheling Mantle (100% drop from Orthrus, unless everyone in the group has one), or Isador from Isgabind (would want to proc blue), that folks would likely let you take if they're killing the mobs anyway (same for Empyrean upgrade items I'd assume).
I just wouldn't go too far out of my way to get that stuff instead of XP'ing.

Thanks :) I knew about the login campaigns giving the seal items to upgrade empy to +1 but do they give other items as well?

Also, I haven't heard about the BCNM campaign. I just tried looking that up but didn't find much. What are the details of that?
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-07 10:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the login campaigns have offered +2 upgrade items as well, for 200 points per. So it either takes some mules, or waiting across multiple campaigns that actually offer them to finish a set that way...but it's an option.

The BCNM campaign is dubbed the Additional Seal Battlefield Spoils campaign (like so http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/13144/detail.html). While it's going on those BCs have extra loot, including Empyrean upgrade items (Kupons, and the stones/coins/etc).
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-07 11:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add one thing, make a list of important pieces and gearsets you're aiming for, put emphasis on weapons and then make a plan to acquire specific pieces. Ex... You determine that you need a specific piece of delve gear, you figure out which ki you need and what gives that ki. Then when you see a shout for that mob or zone, it registers in your brain that you need to kill it.
By quinevis 2015-04-07 12:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Been working on my sets and found an item I had tucked away from some time ago - Zoran's belt - and was wondering why it isn't better than Wanion belt for CdC? I'm sure the answer is really obvious, I'm still fairly unfamiliar with the numbers behind all these things, but the only resource I have (a BLU dps spreadsheet) gave me back numbers that were higher than Wanion as well. Anyone have some insight for me?
 Asura.Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2015-04-07 12:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

quinevis said: »
Been working on my sets and found an item I had tucked away from some time ago - Zoran's belt - and was wondering why it isn't better than Wanion belt for CdC? I'm sure the answer is really obvious

BLU can't wear it.
 Siren.Siven
Server: Siren
user: quinevis
By Siren.Siven 2015-04-07 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy crap, I'm an idiot.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-04-07 14:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

quinevis said: »
Been working on my sets and found an item I had tucked away from some time ago - Zoran's belt - and was wondering why it isn't better than Wanion belt for CdC? I'm sure the answer is really obvious, I'm still fairly unfamiliar with the numbers behind all these things, but the only resource I have (a BLU dps spreadsheet) gave me back numbers that were higher than Wanion as well. Anyone have some insight for me?

There's another thing to note here. CDC was changed, and fTP now carries across all hits, making Elemental belt/gorget quite powerful. I still get Wanion or rancor winning by a hair occasionally depending on crit rate and attack, but I don't believe that CDC has been undated in the spreadsheet I have. I also have no idea how to quantify the DPS increase from the 1-2% (it seems like they stack) chance not to consume TP.
 Siren.Siven
Server: Siren
user: quinevis
By Siren.Siven 2015-04-07 15:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
There's another thing to note here. CDC was changed, and fTP now carries across all hits, making Elemental belt/gorget quite powerful. I still get Wanion or rancor winning by a hair occasionally depending on crit rate and attack, but I don't believe that CDC has been undated in the spreadsheet I have. I also have no idea how to quantify the DPS increase from the 1-2% (it seems like they stack) chance not to consume TP.

Good to know, thank you. I just picked up the fotia belt this morning. Perhaps I'll just call it good and concern myself with upgrades other than the wanion belt, seems like I might be better served.
First Page 2 3 ... 170 171 172 ... 446 447 448