Link | Quote | Reply

Flash Nova/Retinal Gaze/ and BA Rail Cannon as well
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-07 07:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Renaye ring giving the blu skill is kinda funny. They're the ones with all the GEOs who are supposed to be in tune with nature and such... while BLUs are humans who are twisted and transformed by unnatural magics and experiments to give bestial power :D
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-07 19:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hrm, I guess I'll have to figure out how much better +3% WS DMG from Kariyeh is on WS that I use regularly (Sanguine, CDC, Hi- Atonement too, but that's obvious) to decide its relative use to me versus Weatherspoon. I have a feeling I'll be going with Weatherspoon.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-07 19:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

not better than ramuh for CDC or levi for req
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
Server: Cerberus
user: Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-07 21:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Of course +3%WSD is better for both of those.

1 DEX or 1 MND is only worth roughly 0.25% increase each for CDC/REQ...
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-07 21:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Doctorugh said: »

Didn't Prothescar math it out that 2x Ifrit rings were superior to +3% WSdmg?
Though obviously STR is different than MND and DEX in terms of damage...
So I wouldn't be surprised if 2x Ifrit was better than 1+this ring, but this ring came out better for all nonSTR modded WSs.
And, of course, there's always Atonement buff. (Why the capped 1150dmg, SE? WHY?!?!)
 Asura.Highwynn
Server: Asura
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-11-07 22:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if 10 skill beats ifrit ring+1 9str and 5 attack for spells since attack is a factor now, unless it gives a new tier of something like occultation. The dual wield ring could be interesting as it could free up suppanomimi in favor of say trux earring or shetal stone in favor of windbuffet+1?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-08 04:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after another 8m spent on wailing +2s and still no DA2 on my Iuitl legs, I need to ask how much that 5 STP really matters in the end. Should I just cave and build a pair of A Qaaxo legs?
By FaeQueenCory 2014-11-08 06:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say that the reason why Iuitl are so good is the fact that they've got MAB AND Store TP...
But this is BLU, not RUN.
So the Store TP doesn't help as much here (namely just mitigates DW hurting).
Plus BLU has Hagondes pants... Which are the straight up best nuking pants in the game. Even unaugmented!
So really, it's just the PDT and DA/Crit bonus... So... Yeah. I'd say: go get some other TP pants.
Qaaxo are good for DA.
I like the WKR ones for the +DAdmg.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-11-08 09:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking purely at DD stats the difference between them is:

Iuitl's 3str and 5stp
vs
Qaaxo's 15 att.

I don't think anyone would argue that Qaaxo would really win but realistically it is only ~2 DPS difference(at least in the situations I looked at). Not having BiS in one or two slots isn't going to make or break your blu so if you want to avoid the R.N.G. grind on Iuitl you can safely do so without worrying about it too much. Or at least save it for the last thing you upgrade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
Server: Fenrir
user: Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-11-08 10:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Unaugmented Iuitl legs still beats Qaaxo legs? Well, now that gets me wondering: Are there any other pieces of unaugmented Iuitl that beats Qaaxo?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-08 11:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'd say that the reason why Iuitl are so good is the fact that they've got MAB AND Store TP...

That stat combo is irrelevant to anyone except maybe COR.

People really need to stop saying STP isn't helpful for one-handers.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-08 11:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Quote:

That stat combo is irrelevant to anyone except maybe COR.

People really need to stop saying STP isn't helpful for one-handers.

I don't think anyone said it wasn't helpful, it's just less critical traditionally because of one hand bias toward white damage and because it's less likely to shave an attack round. Plus historically we didn't have access to meaningful amounts of stp.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-11-08 11:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen people saying it for years. STP has always been meaningful, even if it doesn't shave an entire attack round. Taking one hit off will still raise your average WS frequency.
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-08 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Relative stat values are pretty easy to figure out.

For example : If your WS comprises 50% of total damage and your white damage the other 50%, and you get 12% TP back upon WS (which you discount), and you melee in 15 STP, and addtional sTP will is worth:

(0.5 x 0.88 x [1.11/1.1 - 1] = 0.399% more damage on average.

Yes there are hit builds and such and you should gear to them if you are close, but for relative valuation and making comparisons, this is a good way to do it. Figuring these for STR,att,sTP,crit,DA,DW ect will help determine which piece is best in a slot with the eq you already have.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-08 13:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
But this is BLU, not RUN.
So the Store TP doesn't help as much here (namely just mitigates DW hurting).
Plus BLU has Hagondes pants... Which are the straight up best nuking pants in the game. Even unaugmented!
So really, it's just the PDT and DA/Crit bonus... So... Yeah. I'd say: go get some other TP pants.
Qaaxo are good for DA.
I like the WKR ones for the +DAdmg.

AUgment 2 DA Iuitl wins hands down....

It's really not close to Qaaxo at all when you factor decent builds that factor this.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2014-11-08 18:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I'm too much of a prideful *** to use anything but the best when it comes to BLU, so looks like more money down the drain on my legs. What about Iuitl head in comparison to Qaaxo? I'd assume that just off the bat it's superior due to the TA. I currently have 2 crit as an augment on them and I'm curious how 2 DA fares in comparison.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still fairly incompetent when it comes to spreadsheets and damage calculations.
 Cerberus.Conagh
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-11-08 18:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Well, I'm too much of a prideful *** to use anything but the best when it comes to BLU, so looks like more money down the drain on my legs. What about Iuitl head in comparison to Qaaxo? I'd assume that just off the bat it's superior due to the TA. I currently have 2 crit as an augment on them and I'm curious how 2 DA fares in comparison.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm still fairly incompetent when it comes to spreadsheets and damage calculations.

Qaaxo Hat has never won.. there's a million better options, Iuitl being one.
 Fenrir.Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-11-08 18:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

And that's unaugmented?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-08 19:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mefuki said: »
And that's unaugmented?

Iuitl Headgear +1 is best even without augments MOST of the time as long as accuracy is capped.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mefuki
By Fenrir.Mefuki 2014-11-08 21:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? I see. Someone should update the original post because it says, "**Iuitl Mask and Iuitl Tights must be augmented with 2DA in order to be the best piece in their slots."
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-08 21:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing it's leftover from the nq versions or we're using different targets and buffs.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-08 21:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

1DEX and 1MND also affect every hit of the weaponskill, whereas WSD only affects the first. This is also before considering dDEX for CDC

So I wouldn't be surprised if 2x Ifrit was better than 1+this ring, but this ring came out better for all nonSTR modded WSs.
And, of course, there's always Atonement buff. (Why the capped 1150dmg, SE? WHY?!?!)

I assume you're talking about SAM WSs, in which case no. Karieyh wins by around 2% under the most favorable conditions (uncapped acc, capped attack, proper gear swaps to account for these conditions). Otherwise the lead is either completely lost or even smaller.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2014-11-08 21:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Asura.Highwynn said: »
Doc Ugh should go test Attack vs Blue Skill! I'm inclined to believe attack wins since we're not capping blue attack on anything worthwhile, and someone said 8 skill is giving 0 or 2 base DMG, which to me seems like attack would win out, so like Whirlpool Mask vs Luhlaza Kaffeiyih(although can get 8 more str from Ejekemal, but the attack might be better than base dmg, plus 25 acc to boot)

We've already tested this, but due to fears or Nerf we're not posting it.

Not posting it? Sounds incredibly selfish, I'm sorry. I want to be the best BLU I can, but not telling people like it's some secret on how to get better numbers, like the thing people are talking about sanguine blade and GEO indi-malise, I don't like secrets like that a few people are taking advantage of it, but leaving other people in the dark. I don't want to sound offensive or get people angry at me, but it still sounds at least selfish to keep the cat in the bag like that >.>
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-08 21:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I could test it I would ):
 Cerberus.Doctorugh
By Cerberus.Doctorugh 2014-11-09 08:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

1DEX and 1MND also affect every hit of the weaponskill, whereas WSD only affects the first. This is also before considering dDEX for CDC

I assume you're talking about SAM WSs, in which case no. Karieyh wins by around 2% under the most favorable conditions (uncapped acc, capped attack, proper gear swaps to account for these conditions). Otherwise the lead is either completely lost or even smaller.

I had totally forgot about the first hit thing, you are absolutely right.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2014-11-09 18:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are all known WSD+ pieces first hit only? I know phorcys korazin and ogier's breeches were tested to be.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-11-09 18:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, no WSD currently in the game works for multiple hits aside from specific weaponskill ones
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-11-09 18:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, no WSD currently in the game works for multiple hits aside from specific weaponskill ones
Didn't magian WSD+ weapons work on all hits? Not that they were any good anyway, but still.
First Page 2 3 ... 131 132 133 ... 445 446 447