Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 460 461 462 ... 836 837 838
By Afania 2016-10-10 20:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Valefor.Kiaru said: »

Are relics/mythics/aeonics to 119 anywhere near that grindy?

I consider Mythics far worse of a grind. And relics are overall the weakest class of Ultimate weapon. Aeonics are a different beast as they were made in a different era.

I'm under the impression that Rag is still top tier dps weapon and Excalibur, kikoku, aegis G horn is still good. Also anni apoc yoichi for people love those jobs etc.

Also to people who said aeonic isn't grindy, I really want to pay 15m to merc those beads.........>.> I mean, you can just make gil merc for relic currency instead of grinding them, but you HAVE to grind beads....
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-10 20:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda silly to tier the weapons when you consider they each have strengths and weaknesses that depend on your enemy/party/strategy. In most situations, the difference between the RMEA weapons are small when you see how big a jump they all are from the non-RMEA weapons.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-10-11 10:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Beads arent to bad, you can cap them, then recap each domain invasion event. These events happens very common and produce rewards too for doing them. If you shout and get a good amount going you can put all 3 on rotation like wkr and be capped fast getting 12k/hr, or around 4-5 hrs of work. Yes its work, but not near the amount of an emp/mythic.
[+]
By Morihei 2016-10-11 10:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

New random question!

Since Skillchains are magic damage, are they affected by the closing user's macc or matk? Would GEO bubbles help increase skillchain damage?
By Morihei 2016-10-11 12:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I gather that this isn't common knowledge then.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-10-11 16:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unaffected by Magic Damage/Attack/Defense, but it IS affected by Magic Damage Taken and elemental damage modifications like weather.
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-12 00:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Should THFS still be using acid/bloody bolts? -12.5% def seems good still.

What xbows can thief use now?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-12 02:15:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »
Unaffected by Magic Damage/Attack/Defense, but it IS affected by Magic Damage Taken and elemental damage modifications like weather.

Actually they are.

Quote:
Should THFS still be using acid/bloody bolts? -12.5% def seems good still.

Typically, no, but the best THF crossbow is Tsoabichi Crossbow from Incursion.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-12 02:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Why shouldn't you use xbow on thief for acid bolts anymore? Curious why it isn't good anymore.

Also, is there a way to fix the HORRIBLE new stack numbers they added to the game on inventory list? I cannot see them at all unless I move close to my monitor and it's super obnoxious!
By Morihei 2016-10-12 13:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Sylph.Braden said: »

Actually they are.

So just magic damage, then? Macc doesn't do anything to it?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-12 13:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Skillchains can't be resisted, so no.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-13 10:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly curious:
How is Geo in the game in it's current state?
How is it considered "balanced"?
By Pantafernando 2016-10-13 16:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO is a great job with important buff and buffs with high potency, all of that while having very low gear requirement.

I dont think the buff job is balanced because considering the buffs from bard and cor. GEO buff are stronger than brd and cor, geo also has access to debuffs that are miles away from anything cor/brd can do against a mob, and are undispelable, what both rolls and songs arent. And mobs like to dispel nowaday.

With all of that, GEO is the prefered job at, being cor and bard the second option in most setups.
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
Server: Ragnarok
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2016-10-13 22:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an idea when the windower site might be back up? Cant launch windower at the moment.
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-10-13 22:29:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
Anyone have an idea when the windower site might be back up? Cant launch windower at the moment.

It should still launch, just takes a minute for the update checking call to time out. Wait it out, it'll load.
By Verda 2016-10-13 23:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Why shouldn't you use xbow on thief for acid bolts anymore? Curious why it isn't good anymore.

Also, is there a way to fix the HORRIBLE new stack numbers they added to the game on inventory list? I cannot see them at all unless I move close to my monitor and it's super obnoxious!

You can increase the UI scaling in windower to help with stuff like that. I increase mine about 30%.

As for THF acid bolts, it comes down to ammo and tp resets. Most THF don't bother to even make a ranged acc set. That said, I think it's a good thing to do and adds a lot of damage you might otherwise not have. Def down is very potent, soloing with trusts I highly recommend gashing bolts for 12.5% def down. If you're partying with BLU, DRG, or RNG though they can all do stronger def downs that do not stack with each other or acid bolts so you only want to use the strongest one, some weaponskills also come with powerful though hard to land def downs like shell buster, WAR and SAM each have one, and garland of bliss from SMN is also 12.5%. Dia I-III and Geo-Frailty however DO stack with anything else. Often, the def down debuff that shows up as a gray/blue debuff icon isn't put on in most fights but it's mostly because people are too lazy or just don't think about it or don't feel it matters enough.

Oldschool THF and RNG players know however that it's one of the most potent options if other people aren't doing defense down. That said though, things like Yetshila +1 are very powerful items to have in your ammo slot as well, it's not much a trade off if you use it at the start of the fight then switch to ammo though. Some people have mule idris geo or always run with idris geo and they can do a huge amount of defense down (41% - 83% depending on ability usages) and then use dia II for 10% more defense down, so that's when it seems less of a big deal to most people. Soloing with Trusts tho, a THF doing gashing bolts and summoning a rdm trust can have a healthy 27.5% def down, and up that to 32.5% if you use a COR trust that will do light shot on the dia which is nothing to sneer at really since the gashing bolt proc almost always lands and it's a good way to pull stuff anyway.

A while back THF was bandwagon'd pretty hard, then nerfed, after changes to main hand of one hand jobs being put to 99% accuracy and weaponskills getting an overall and boost, rudra was super strong, during this time a lot of the old staples were tossed aside just for moar rudra, or maybe that's just my view idk. Also ammo choices have grown more and more powerful over time with some of them rivaling even what you can get in neck/waist slots or just straight out beating them so it hurts more to give that up. You can actually start with xbow equipped then equip an ammo after you pull, without TP loss. As soon as you re-equip the xbow though your tp is reset, so it is possible to use both if you don't mind losing some tp between each pull or something. If you have multiple DD and none can do def down, it's definitely worth using the bolts on thf as it will up everyone in the parties damage, so be that team player imo. One thing people always seem to skip over on THF especially comparing it to other jobs is that it is actually a pretty decent xbow user and while you shouldn't expect THF to be owning stuff with just their xbow (though when there is flying targets or you have to break a shield and it's ranged it's very good to have) it is and has always been an excellent utility add to THF. Just wish they'd give us ilvl bloody bolts and blind bolts already. Evasion tanking is also not done much these days either by the way, though it's not that those buffs or thf's high evasion went away it's again, people just not bothering with it right now except in a few rare cases like Glazemane UNM. To be honest and this is just my opinion so I'm sure others will disagree, but I think highline finesse aspects of THF like this drifted out of mainstream usage mainly because the game is easier for the most part, though don't let that fool you into thinking there still isn't really challenging content.
[+]
By Verda 2016-10-13 23:27:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »

It should still launch, just takes a minute for the update checking call to time out. Wait it out, it'll load.
FYI sorry for double post but it seems FFXIDB is down too.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 06:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, I have a question.
Corsair isn't on eminent dagger(yet SAM and FKING SCHOLAR ARE HELLO?) so as someone who just returned I don't have a second weapon to dual wield.

What is a quick/easy to get weapon I can offhand?
By Verda 2016-10-15 07:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's any on the AH Surcouf's Jambiya, Nanti Knife.

I found them using advanced search: http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item#adv

The advice seha gave you will be far better options for COR.
 Valefor.Terravcota
By Valefor.Terravcota 2016-10-15 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Have there been any maps made for the Escha zones that show harvesting locations?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 12:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Swords with aura? Right now I can only think of Sagasinger and Ephemeron, are there others?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-15 12:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Only those two
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

BOO! They both suck to get.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-10-15 13:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They are fairly common from doing NNI campaign when that is up. At least Sagasinger that is.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 15:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

What post abyssea content does TH work on?
By Pantafernando 2016-10-15 16:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You can also get those weapon by using 25k merits.

Or just spam VW campaign. Even solo, using displacer you can kill an aello every mins.
By Pantafernando 2016-10-15 16:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gaes fete honestly dont seems much affected by th.

But i would say the warder nms as those dont have forced slot drop.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-10-15 16:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
You can also get those weapon by using 25k merits.
Yeah, like I said...

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
BOO! They both suck to get.
Who the hell in their right mind would farm for that stupid gobbie thousands of merits for lockstyle?!?

*quits*
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-10-15 16:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Gaes fete honestly dont seems much affected by th.
It definitely seems to help for getting the 2nd/3rd drop slot when applicable and Eschite/Vulcanite Ores. Also AAs in Ru'Aun.

Also helps greatly for Incursion.
 Valefor.Kiaru
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-15 16:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Escha NM's?
Reive NM's?
First Page 2 3 ... 460 461 462 ... 836 837 838