Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 461 462 463 ... 836 837 838
By Verda 2016-10-15 23:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer yes they are drops for escha nms so it helps that, reive's are personal pool and TH doesn't usually help or coffers (though for incursion it will help the quality and number of coffers dropped to you in a personal pool) but I've never seen conclusive evidence it doesn't help reives just it probably doesn't.

Long answer, it would be truly exhaustive work to list all the places TH works and doesn't so I'll just give you the rules for when it will or won't help you.

TH Full Power:
* Crafting materials from direct mob drops (Think spider web from spiders to vulcanite ore from Escha Zi'tah t3 monsters) with a chance to double it.
* Items from monsters that drop directly, with a few rare exceptions for "set drop slot" items like defending ring and pixie earring sharing the same guaranteed drop slot and can't double drop ever.
* VW drop rates even though they are coffers, it raises alignment across the board by a small amount, 1% for each level of TH.

TH Mid Power:
* Getting double drop chance (and greater double drop chance the higher the TH value) off monsters that have a 100% drop chance. Examples of this is almost all gear in Escha, Vagary Bosses, Mulcibar's Scoria from PW, and Umbral Marrow from SL. TH is helping your chance of a second item rather than just a first item as well as maybe a second one. Escha zones will sometimes double drop with no THF around, because they have blessings for TH and people have TH augs from rare dark matter augs or chaac belts but all that caps at 4. THF caps at 14 (though should be pretty content with 11-12 most the time) and higher TH does help double drops occur most often and may even affect which items have what rate to drop to some degree (but that'd be hard to prove and is speculation). More examples of this are mats guaranteed to drop, but can up number and quality like eschalixir, airlixir, skirmish stones/weapons, and reisenjima augment stones/sacks as well as delve item drops (which can be exchanged for copper vouchers).
* BCNM double drops for mats and items if there is no coffer, like most rem's tale chapter 6-9 fights.

TH has no effect:
* What is in opened coffers, like rem's tale chapter 1-5 fights.
* With the exception of incursion, what drops in your personal pool. There's speculation it can help what drops in your personal pool in escha, which isn't guaranteed and effected by the spoils vorseal, and I seem to remember some dev post about it but don't remember if he confirmed or denied for now tho listing as has no effect.
* Key items, though I speculate it does work for red proc key items in abyssea if you didn't proc, you still have a chance to get it, just not 100% TH seems to affect that rate.
* As far as it's known, it has zero affect on sinister reign.
* No affect on Unity coffers.

Unknown:
* Not sure if it affects reives personal drops but I'm pretty sure it doesn't as I've never ended up with more HP bayld or anything than the guaranteed 1 (or 2 or 4 depending on campaign).
* Not sure if it affects domain invasion drops either but I'm guessing not since they are delivered to a personal pool.

TH is still and probably will never be fully understood, unless the devs want to cough up info on it which they've repeatidly said they do not wish to do, though they did finally confirm on the behemoth defending ring thing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-16 10:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to understand mounts, never did it and trying to do things to clear up mog house space.

I registered my chocobo whistle to the mount menu, does that mean the chocobo in the mount menu is my personal one and I can toss my physical chocobo whistle?
 Valefor.Kiaru
Server: Valefor
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-16 11:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I reset or redo story missions?
I want to redo zilart/COP including cutscenes.
 Valefor.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Valefor.Kiaru 2016-10-17 08:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ark_Pentasphere

Does this still take a full moon?
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-17 09:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
Can I reset or redo story missions?
I want to redo zilart/COP including cutscenes.

New character, or rewatch the cutscenes at the NPC.

Valefor.Kiaru said: »
http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Ark_Pentasphere

Does this still take a full moon?

Yes.
By tyalangan 2016-10-18 16:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Will DW always cap at 30DW in equipment with /nin subjob while dual wielding?

I am terrible with math but when I initially started calculating this based off the BG-wiki Dual Wield section it said to do all these formula equations but as I try more and more combinations of weapons I always end up at 30 DW in equipment needed (55 total).

Can I assume this isn't a coincidence and that I don't need to calculate anymore OR have I just been lucky with my weapon combos?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-10-18 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly, no. Arciela II will Haste II on others, but also does Flurry II for COR or RNG. Only by either making the COR the leader or using Sylvie with a tank main will the COR get the proper amount of haste from trusts alone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-18 21:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
Will DW always cap at 30DW in equipment with /nin subjob while dual wielding?

I am terrible with math but when I initially started calculating this based off the BG-wiki Dual Wield section it said to do all these formula equations but as I try more and more combinations of weapons I always end up at 30 DW in equipment needed (55 total).

Can I assume this isn't a coincidence and that I don't need to calculate anymore OR have I just been lucky with my weapon combos?
Are you assuming capped magic haste? Dual Wield itself doesn't cap, you can keep stacking that forever but you are limited to the 80% overall delay reduction.

So in a zero buff situation /nin with capped gear haste you would need approximately 48 DW in gear on top of the 25 from /nin

If you add capped magic haste you would need 11 DW.

TLDR: The amount of DW you need will change based on how buffed you are.
 Asura.Ganno
user: ganon8413
By Asura.Ganno 2016-10-19 04:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this has been reported yet,

How does the monsters' defense scale?

I just tested Apex crabs (128-130) and they should have around 1250 defense.

I'm asking this defense scaling because you can't check NM defense.

Edit: or is the def of each mob listed somewhere?
 Phoenix.Trinironnie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Trinironnie 2016-10-19 08:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Any updated clothcraft guides?
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 15:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

I do not believe a resource like this is available. :(

Now, my question! :)

Conflicting reports on Geas Fete NM HP scaling...

What's the minimum HP value for these NMs? 3 players or 6?
By Afania 2016-10-19 15:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »
Quote:

I do not believe a resource like this is available. :(

Now, my question! :)

Conflicting reports on Geas Fete NM HP scaling...

What's the minimum HP value for these NMs? 3 players or 6?

Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 15:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

And these NMs scale per player, correct?

People in game have told me that it scales in increments of different values (example, every 3 players) or at breakpoints (7, 13).
By Afania 2016-10-19 15:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

And these NMs scale per player, correct?

People in game have told me that it scales in increments of different values (example, every 3 players) or at breakpoints (7, 13).

I believe it's per player as Ive seen some people posted the amount of HP increase per player on bg, but I may be wrong.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 16:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe it's per player as Ive seen some people posted the amount of HP increase per player on bg, but I may be wrong.

If anyone else could weigh in, I would greatly appreciate it. :D

I don't mean to discount your help at all Afania (thank you for responding!) but I want to be certain.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-10-19 17:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The only value I know of is +1/6 per member, dunno if anything else was found after that.
By Zephin 2016-10-19 19:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to discount your help at all Afania (thank you for responding!) but I want to be certain.

6 ppl is minimum hp.
1/6 of hp per person above.
Tested on escha zitah back in the day, on 5/6 ppl and got no reduction from 6/6 ppl.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-19 19:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »

6 ppl is minimum hp.
1/6 of hp per person above.
Tested on escha zitah back in the day, on 5/6 ppl and got no reduction from 6/6 ppl.

Back in the day, but very possible they've made changes since then? And now we have conflicting statements. :(
By Calinari 2016-10-19 19:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha

How to participate

Form a party of one to eighteen members.
Trusts can be used in Geas Fete, but they do not count towards the required number of party members; and must be summoned before the NM is spawned.
Geas Fete NM HP does not scale for less than 3 people.
By Crevox 2016-10-19 20:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Calinari said: »

Quote:
6 ppl is minimum hp.

:|
By Afania 2016-10-19 20:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah been trying to find the original bg testing about Geas Fete HP scaling but BG search interface is horrible >.>

In other words, I can't find it. Would appreciate people that can.

I have no idea why there are conflicting test results, probably SE changed it when they reduce the minimum participant required, I can't remember.
By Zephin 2016-10-19 20:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Crevox said: »

Quote:
6 ppl is minimum hp.

Sorry, whenever we tested it Genbu had 360,000 hp with 6/6 ppl
360,000 with 5
and 420,000 with 7.

They may of changed the hp scaling in 6 months. The other guy has a link to wiki, i'd go with that for now.
By Afania 2016-10-19 20:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Zephin said: »
Crevox said: »

Quote:
6 ppl is minimum hp.

Sorry, whenever we tested it Genbu had 360,000 hp with 6/6 ppl
360,000 with 5
and 420,000 with 7.

They may of changed the hp scaling in 6 months. The other guy has a link to wiki, i'd go with that for now.

I was the one who updated info on wiki, reason being some testing was done on BG and someone requested wiki update. In other words wiki info is completely based on bg testing info, if bg testing was wrong, then the wiki is wrong as I didn't verify the info, just copy and paste. I can't find the original source of info on bg atm.

I have no idea why there are discrepancy with HP scaling test. Maybe one of the testing was done incorrectly, or maybe SE updated it and Im not aware. Or maybe different NM has different HP scaling mechanics.

I believe the wiki info was written more than 6 months ago, perhaps we need to retest or something.

Edit: Now that I think about it, different NM could have different HP scaling mechanics as the original bg testing was done on T1 if I remember correctly, and Genbu is slightly higher tier.
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-10-20 03:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

bump

about their defense? no one has a clue?

We are starting another Aeonic wave but melee style if possible.

If anyone has informations about it... it would be great :).
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Server: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-10-20 05:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I'm trying to understand mounts, never did it and trying to do things to clear up mog house space.

I registered my chocobo whistle to the mount menu, does that mean the chocobo in the mount menu is my personal one and I can toss my physical chocobo whistle?

Yes, you can drop it.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-20 07:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Vinedrius said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

Yes, you can drop it.
Sweet, thank you, would have been a lot easier to tell if my Chocobo hadn't turned out yellow.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-20 11:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It's very possible, but some of the NMs would be ill-advised to attempt (Zerde, Albumen for example).
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-10-20 13:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Albumen's a weird example to use against meleeing.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2016-10-20 13:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Albumen's a weird example to use against meleeing.

Well, in my experience of watching a group try it, they got eaten by his counter. Besides that, they tried again the following week and still could not win, so I assume that he is a bad choice to use melee against.

The group downed Teles with melee no problem, so while it may be an issue with their strategy, it seems like the NM is more difficult with melee.
 Asura.Ganno
By Asura.Ganno 2016-10-20 15:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It's very possible, but some of the NMs would be ill-advised to attempt (Zerde, Albumen for example).

Yea we know it's possible, but no one knows the Escha/Reisen Mobs defense, which is how you math pDIF and set your buffs accordingly.
First Page 2 3 ... 461 462 463 ... 836 837 838