Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 376 377 378 ... 836 837 838
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-06-20 23:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does NM hp scale in Escha with amount of members?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2015-06-21 16:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I reading correctly, and does the Behemoth Suit +1 have a 20 hour recharge time?
 Bahamut.Tychefm
Server: Bahamut
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-21 16:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Supakoneko said: »
Does NM hp scale in Escha with amount of members?

Yes it does. Possibly at the 7th member.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-22 03:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Am I reading correctly, and does the Behemoth Suit +1 have a 20 hour recharge time?
Yeah, every 20hrs.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2015-06-22 14:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I customize a linkshell page? Managed to get on Guildwork and added myself to the list, but can't figure out how to edit it. Edit: Nevermind.. found the option now.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-24 20:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to start to maximize my nuking sets. How do people go about finding mob INT for adoulin era mobs?

If there is no particular set of information available, what is a good method for figuring out mob INT on my own.

Thanks in advance.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-26 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

"Bueller, Bueller..."

Maybe math is a lie.

Facetiousness aside, how do others decide their ratio of INT/MAcc/MAB for nuking jobs?

As always, many thanks, in advance.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-26 16:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a BLM, but I'd guess the method for testing would be to try the same nuke with the same gear on the same enemy, while adjusting your INT by discrete amounts until you observe a change that matches the damage calculation. For each spell, there are different damage multipliers for different tiers of dINT (the difference between your INT and your target's INT), at 0 ~ 49, 50 ~ 99, 100 ~ 199, and over 200.

More here, kinda:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Magic_Damage#D:_INT-adjusted_Base_Damage
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-28 08:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to both of you.

Josiah, what you posted is basically what I have been doing, but I now want to maximize magic damage based on spell tier/mob. To do that, I need to know mob INT and I have no basis of understanding of it (i.e. I don't even have a relative number to go by, such as Tojil or the mandies outside Adoulin, or w/e).

I've also been reading the same topic posted by Jeanpaul and it helps. Fore instance, it explains that INT has a greater effect as one increases tier. The problem remains, however: I need to know mob INT in order to decide what a good general cutoff would be.

If anyone has some general numbers I'd love to hear them. Otherwise, I will put the scientific method to good use, as suggested.

Thanks again!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-28 23:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I can't seem to use my Koenig Cuirass in a lockstyle set for whatever reason. I can use literally every other armor piece I have, but not that. Any ideas?
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-28 23:38:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing I got is that you don't have a job who can wear it naturally up to that level?
That's the only restriction I can recall.
[+]
By Draylo 2015-06-28 23:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you got rid of it ? Is it physically in any open available inv?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-28 23:56:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that's the issue, Cory, as I have it in my locker right now. I actually had no idea that was a requirement for lockstyling pieces. The more you know. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-29 05:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For some time now I've been considering dark ring farming for the acclaimed 12% BDT rings.

Out of curiosity, how much time have people experienced it taking to get a dark ring with 6/6 MDT + BDT augments and what would be the best amount of amber?

I remember when I would farm base feet a long time ago my ideal amount of amber was around 100, I figure the ideal point is before you start getting KIs as I found they tended to dominate the chests.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-29 05:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
For some time now I've been considering dark ring farming for the acclaimed 12% BDT rings.

Out of curiosity, how much time have people experienced it taking to get a dark ring with 6/6 MDT + BDT augments and what would be the best amount of amber?

I remember when I would farm base feet a long time ago my ideal amount of amber was around 100, I figure the ideal point is before you start getting KIs as I found they tended to dominate the chests.
100 amber was what I was thinking before I got to the end of your post, so yeah I would shoot for 100. Times can vary widely, of course, but it seems to me that each time I farmed an augmented piece from abyssea (taru sash, dark rings, wivre hairpin, light earring) I would not spend more than a day's playtime in the zone. That is to say, it probably took anywhere from 2-6 hours of constant farming.

I recall thinking I was fairly lucky though. I am sure it took some people days and days.

Good luck to you!
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-29 12:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc....
100 amber was good because boots don't drop from the last tier of chests (the oversized ones), and once you hit 120ish you start getting them.

iirc.....
for auged gear farming you want capped amber. They drop from all tier chests, and higher tier chests have a higher chance at multiple pieces. In my experience, augs have been more potent with higher amber/higher tier chests also, but this is unproven as far as I know.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2015-06-29 21:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi everyone. Something strange has been happening lately. Ever since the June update, my mule has been "randomly" disconnecting (or timing out) upon zoning. My main will show the mules name as in the zone, but in gray. Take about 5 minutes for the character to be kicked and then I can log back on. It is not all the time, but when it happens on the way into skirmish, its upsetting (did it twice on the way in to skirmish now).

I originally thought it was related to dress up, since I had some issues with it interacting with the game's own static PC appearance config (everyone was wearing starting race gear). I fixed that though, or at least I think I did.

Once, after getting kicked from skirmish, I logged the mule back in and my main saw two versions of the mule (I think I saw an ffxiah pic recently where someone had "copy images" of them self).

Has this happened to anyone else? Anyone know the cure for this fever?

Thanks in advance.
 Phoenix.Jessamyn
Server: Phoenix
user: Jessamyn
By Phoenix.Jessamyn 2015-06-30 10:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

how much time have people experienced it taking to get a dark ring with 6/6 MDT + BDT augments and what would be the best amount of amber?

I spent a lot of time in Aby Konsch CWing as BLU looking for the refresh augmented hairpin. Dark Rings came up more often than the hairpin, so I was never disappointed with the amount of time I spent there because I would either 1) be upgrading my set of Dark Rings with the most superior one found, or 2) sell the crappy Dark Rings for 30k to NPC.

While at camp I'd open any red box that wasn't Ruby, and I'd stop opening amber around 125. I found that increasing other lights (gold, ebon, silvery) would seem to yield better or a larger number of augments on the gear found in chests.

With continued trips to Aby Konsch looking for the refresh hairpin, I eventually got a pair of Dark Rings that couldn't be beaten. MDT-5, PDT-5, BDT-6 and MDT-6, PDT-5, Spell Interruption -3. When I got my Defending Ring I stopped using the Dark Ring with Spell Interrupt -, after considerable debate. I WHM main and thought Spell Interrupt might be more worthwhile, but LS members argued that there simply isn't much BDT- gear in the game.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-30 10:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Jessamyn said: »
how much time have people experienced it taking to get a dark ring with 6/6 MDT + BDT augments and what would be the best amount of amber?

I spent a lot of time in Aby Konsch CWing as BLU looking for the refresh augmented hairpin. Dark Rings came up more often than the hairpin, so I was never disappointed with the amount of time I spent there because I would either 1) be upgrading my set of Dark Rings with the most superior one found, or 2) sell the crappy Dark Rings for 30k to NPC.

While at camp I'd open any red box that wasn't Ruby, and I'd stop opening amber around 125. I found that increasing other lights (gold, ebon, silvery) would seem to yield better or a larger number of augments on the gear found in chests.

With continued trips to Aby Konsch looking for the refresh hairpin, I eventually got a pair of Dark Rings that couldn't be beaten. MDT-5, PDT-5, BDT-6 and MDT-6, PDT-5, Spell Interruption -3. When I got my Defending Ring I stopped using the Dark Ring with Spell Interrupt -, after considerable debate. I WHM main and thought Spell Interrupt might be more worthwhile, but LS members argued that there simply isn't much BDT- gear in the game.
Dark Rings are the holy grail for BDT builds as the MDT reduces BDT when it really shouldn't, so a 6/6 ring gives you -12% BDT, if you get that on both rings, that's a 24% BDT reduction just on the rings.
 Fenrir.Hopefulki
user: hopefulki
By Fenrir.Hopefulki 2015-06-30 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to update the gear on my 2nd character so I can finally cap all job levels on my main via Escha burning. What would be the best job to do that on? (Keeping in mind that it is a 2nd character and ease of gearing should be taken into consideration).

DD already 99 are BLM, RDM, BLU, BST, but not opposed to leveling other jobs on it.

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Kengo
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2015-07-03 01:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Any 115 Nakuul gear worth hanging on to or getting a hold of as long as people are actually doing WKRs?
 Asura.Vinedrius
Server: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-07-03 02:12:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kengo said: »
Any 115 Nakuul gear worth hanging on to or getting a hold of as long as people are actually doing WKRs?

1 handed weapons are pretty useful with OAT augment in any content where you don't have to worry about your sub-weapon accuracy. Atoyac might still be useful for RNG and DD COR as it can get some pretty nice ranged augments.

Ejekamal Boots with STR augment were pretty good for 2 handers but I'm not sure if they still are.

Ejekamal Mask, Buremte Gloves and Kaabnax Trousers are decent DT/TP hybrid equipments for starters as they can get 4 pdt/2 mdt on top of their native accuracy bonuses, despite lacking some item levels for any content outside SoA where level correction is on.

Tamaxchi can still be relevant depending on the rest of your cure gear. It can get -10 enmity augment, so it opens up more options for you to make a well-rounded midcast set. Edit: It can also be used with OAT augment for meleeing on whm or geo/dnc~nin, but yeah...

For ranged weapons, I can't really think of any use.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-03 02:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomi Helm also boasts an exceptional amount of STR with an augment, and is still very good for the jobs that can wear it when accuracy is not an issue. Other than that, I think Vinedrius pretty much got them all. Oh, and Buremte Gloves are also excellent cure pot received gloves.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-03 04:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

On the mage side:

Otomi Gloves and Kaabnax hat with double MP Augs are often used in Myrkr Sets.

Uk'uxkaj Boots are unique in enhancing your enfeebling potency.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-03 04:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Buremte Hat?
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-07-03 04:11:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry to take away from the current question, but do we have any numbers on the -DT vorseal from Urmahlulu? If there were some cactuars in Escha I'd test myself, but no go.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-07-03 04:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ehhhh @ Buremte hat. The gloves are far better.

Some people use the 115 greatsword in content that doesn't require 119 accuracy. Tamaxchi is used by many as a cure piece, and the Taikogane isn't terrible either.

I recommend WKR items over sparks to players who are just beginning endgame, because WKR stuff often ends up better with the augments.

Several of the accessories (not ilvl 119, but still relevant) are still used- Friomisi Earring. the elemental capes, Nepote Bell, Barataria Ring, Cetl Belt, Tzacab Grip, and Quanpur Necklace to name a few.
 Bahamut.Tychefm
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-07-03 06:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Buremte Hat can be a start for your mage gear if you have nothing else with a halfway nice augment.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-07-03 08:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
Buremte Hat can be a start for your mage gear if you have nothing else with a halfway nice augment.
I have Buremte hat with magic damage augment in my Helix and lowtier nuking sets for SCH but I also have Hagondes and Helios. Is it worth using Buremte anymore or no?
First Page 2 3 ... 376 377 378 ... 836 837 838