Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 375 376 377 ... 835 836 837
 Sylph.Ice
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-06-10 17:23:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
AA Taru is pretty simple, primarily due to the fact that he can't leave the BC, and won't walk up to you unless he has Blood Weapon or Soul Enslavement going. Back when it first came out and I was rockin' sparks gear, I solo'd it as RUN/NIN on VE without any problems. I recommend running out of the arena when he does Manafont, and if something goes wrong, you can just take a breather in the hallway.

Ouryu isn't too crazy either, just make sure to position your trusts so that they aren't in line for his breath, or that he doesn't use Spike Flail. Make sure to bring an aoe WS to bring him down.

Avatars are doable if you can bring enough resistance. Sparks gear is unusually high with magic evasion, and jobs like RDM or RUN or even /RUN have exceptional resistance.

Above all, you may just need practice to get used to what these fights are capable of, but keep trying and you're bound to improve.

Wonder how Tenzen would go on Normal MNK/MNK/WHM/Ulmia/Arciela/Apururu UC(or anything else really). Feel like only the 3 tarus up top would give an issue.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-10 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

If the WHM can sleep/repose Cherukiki, the middle taru, and then silence the mage taru on the right, you should be ok. If you can't repose the middle one, at least keep blink up since he'll be shooting. This is generally what I do when running it with few/inexperienced people. Other thing to note, have the melees fight Tenzen on a far corner, while your WHM keeps closer to the tarus. That way, if they use something like Slowga, you won't mess with the melees and their shadows.

If it goes on too long, Tenzen's 2nd Meikyo will have him use one of his super aoe skillchains. He has two; one is stronger but much smaller range (pretty much just hitting the melees), though as MNKs and on Normal you'll probably kill him well before that, and he might not deal enough to kill ya anyway. Pop Formless when he uses Invincible (usually around halfway, it'll be his 2nd SP use, first being Yaegesumi).
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2015-06-10 17:49:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If the WHM can sleep/repose Cherukiki, the middle taru, and then silence the mage taru on the right, you should be ok. If you can't repose the middle one, at least keep blink up since he'll be shooting. This is generally what I do when running it with few/inexperienced people. Other thing to note, have the melees fight Tenzen on a far corner, while your WHM keeps closer to the tarus. That way, if they use something like Slowga, you won't mess with the melees and their shadows.

If it goes on too long, Tenzen's 2nd Meikyo will have him use one of his super aoe skillchains. He has two; one is stronger but much smaller range (pretty much just hitting the melees), though as MNKs and on Normal you'll probably kill him well before that, and he might not deal enough to kill ya anyway. Pop Formless when he uses Invincible (usually around halfway, it'll be his 2nd SP use, first being Yaegesumi).

Ah. Never thought of that. Usually we would just go normal setup with BRD+WHM+DDx4, but don't really have the man power for that any more. And don't wanna bug others to help getting a Ginsen and such. I'll give it a try maybe later tonight.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-10 17:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a lot of friends who still want the bow so I tend to keep my merits and KIs ready to go, but if you're really frustrated with it I can give you a hand. There was a point where we were getting so many Ginsens that I was asking in Unity if anyone wanted one for free.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-11 10:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Gessho on easy on NIN/DNC using Gessho, Apururu, Qultada, and Koru-Moru. Gessho (trust) lived until the end; everyone else died to Mijin. I imagine a similar setup could win Tenzen as well, provided the Taru trio didn't nuke down my trust.. I stand out of range but trusts can be pretty dumb.

I'd imagine that RUN/SAM could do ch2, and if you can force AF while your Vallation is up everyone should live, plus you've got OfA also.

Edit: I do Tenzen on D with PLD NIN DNC THF WHM whatever. PLD takes the Taru, and we all back into the corner and SC him to death.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-11 11:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't know there was a maximum range for those Taru's in tenzen, when I go on whm I stand as far back as I can and they still throw stones at me.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-11 12:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've stood in the top right corner (From where you enter) backed all the way in it, and I get missed by all the AoE when we go the no-sleep route. I'd notice if I got hit because I'm the NIN and 'tank' Tenzen while we kill him, and if I didn't have shadows up his SC would slaughter me in very short order.

If you don't have a BRD, a BLM with good MACC can Sleepga/Breakga them in cycles on D.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-11 16:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're doing fights as NIN and using Gessho as an extra tank, you might enjoy having Amchuchu out too, since she'll use Valiance to give you a 50% Fast Cast bonus.

Even before the update for summoning trusts in BCs, it was well within RUN's grasp to solo many merit BCs on Normal. Usually the only thing making it hard would be running out of time.

The taru RNG can shoot you from anywhere, but the aoe range on the spells from Cherukiki and the BLM aren't large enough to cover the entire battlefield if the target is in a corner. A BRD or RDM or whatever keeping up blink/stoneskin would have no issues withstanding what they throw out, unless they're wearing gear worse than Eminent.
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-11 16:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If the Taru RNG is shooting at me, I don't notice it. I just know I'm not getting nuked.

I'll try Amchuchu next time I do Gessho; I figured blink tanking would be more efficient than hers. The fast cast would definitely help, though, cause I definitely ride my Utsusemi timers when he splits himself.

I started doing these on NIN because I don't like timing out on RUN.

Edit: 500th post!
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-11 17:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

One of Gessho's stronger WSs is an aoe wind attack, so Amchuchu's Valiance will help to some degree. I'm just a big fan of RUN + NIN as a duo of DD/tanking, which is more apparent with real players. Greatsword and Katana have pretty good SC combinations, and a NIN can ride Innin if they want, yet still survive the worst attacks most enemies throw out.
[+]
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-06-12 06:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

One of Gessho's stronger WSs is an aoe wind attack, so Amchuchu's Valiance will help to some degree. I'm just a big fan of RUN + NIN as a duo of DD/tanking, which is more apparent with real players. Greatsword and Katana have pretty good SC combinations, and a NIN can ride Innin if they want, yet still survive the worst attacks most enemies throw out.

I duo a lot of the high tiers with a paladin while on NIN. The number of good RUN on my server (and that I personally know) isn't large, so I guess if I want to try that I'll find myself a NIN and see what mayhem we can cook up.

There's a lot of prejudice against RUN as a main tankibg job. For instance, I volunteered to RUN for an SKC chapter 2 run. Nope, they waited 30min for a paladin. I just shook my head; all I ask on ch2 is an alteration of normal pull order..

/end derail of thread

At any rate, solo jobs can usually manage up to E difficulties, duo can sometimes do N, but for anything other than 1-5 you probably don't want to try D.

Note: The Brothers d'Aurphe Ch3 is a good alternative for soloers who don't want to risk charm depopping their trust.
[+]
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2015-06-12 11:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen people selling ancient currency thr past few days. Is just that no one with the GW client is selling them or did I miss something?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-12 11:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
Haven't seen people selling ancient currency thr past few days. Is just that no one with the GW client is selling them or did I miss something?

Guildwork integration is still broken. Sorry.
By zaxtiss 2015-06-12 15:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have some updated DPS sheets for blm rdm mnk sam sch?
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-17 20:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

What is required to unlock the avatar phantom gem fights?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-17 20:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
What is required to unlock the avatar phantom gem fights?

Via BG:

A player must have completed and turned in either all of the Trial by xx (uncapped) or Trial-Size Trial by xx (lvl 20) quests. In order to be able to purchase this key item. Any combination of those quests works.

tl,dr; you have to have beaten all six of those avatars in one of those formats previously.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-17 21:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

More specifically, not only beaten the Avatars, but turned in the whisper as well. If you used the whispers for Fenrir, then you'll need to do those fights again. You'll know you're set if they're under Completed Quests.
[+]
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-17 21:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon or plugin that does what spellcast used to do; for example /ma cure me instead of /ma "Cure" <me>??
 Phoenix.Supakoneko
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Supakoneko 2015-06-17 22:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Diablosword said: »
Is there an addon or plugin that does what spellcast used to do; for example /ma cure me instead of /ma "Cure" <me>??

Addons > Shortcuts

edit: to add to this, you can type //cure to type even shorter than /ma cure
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-17 22:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, with Aliases, you can make your own little shortcuts. As an example:

//alias bwa input /ma "Barwater" <me>

will make it so //bwa will cast Barwater.
[+]
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-18 04:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

More specifically, not only beaten the Avatars, but turned in the whisper as well. If you used the whispers for Fenrir, then you'll need to do those fights again. You'll know you're set if they're under Completed Quests.

Many thanks, this is what I was wondering about.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-18 14:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Supakoneko said: »
Bismarck.Diablosword said: »

Addons > Shortcuts

edit: to add to this, you can type //cure to type even shorter than /ma cure

Ahhhhh, this is wonderful! Thanks!
So I can panic //sleepga things. Im practically immortal now!
[+]
 Leviathan.Vow
Server: Leviathan
user: woVow
By Leviathan.Vow 2015-06-18 15:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, with Aliases, you can make your own little shortcuts. As an example:

//alias bwa input /ma "Barwater" <me>

will make it so //bwa will cast Barwater.
You can add aliases within shortcuts.
windower_path.. \addons\shortcuts\data\aliases.xml
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-19 15:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Which conflux zone is best for farming Coins of Glory and Advancement respectively?

It seems no one on Bismark is selling these ever...so I need to farm them myself
 Bahamut.Tychefm
user: Lyramion
By Bahamut.Tychefm 2015-06-19 15:49:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can kill them in #13 you only have the 3 harpys and be done.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-20 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Best place/set up for melees (BLU or MNK) to get capacity points?
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-20 16:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I always do lizards/efts in Moh Gates zone from Morimar #5 using Koru, corsair, kupo and joachim trusts on BLU.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-20 17:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I always do lizards/efts in Moh Gates zone from Morimar #5 using Koru, corsair, kupo and joachim trusts on BLU.
I dont see where Mormar #5 gets me to moh gates :/
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2015-06-20 17:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The warp in the top left corner of H-5.
 Bismarck.Diablosword
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2015-06-20 17:46:37