Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 372 373 374 ... 842 843 844
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2015-06-02 14:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Myrkr - Dagan it is! thanks
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-06-03 03:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I see in my Gifts list that there's this item class called "Superior" -- any idea what this means?

EDIT: Also, regarding Capacity point bonuses through gifts and RoE:

Is the effect applied to the base value, or after any multipliers by events and ring uses? How about capes?
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2015-06-03 03:38:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Some items can be crafted as item SU1 or SU2.
If you don't have the gift unlock, you can't equip it.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-06-03 05:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
Creaucent Alazrin said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »
Dsuza said: »
Was there ever any sort of announcement or even a hint that SE will be adding another upgrade to R/E/M weapons at any point to make them stronger again?

If not, how likely is it to happen do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
They are 119 and like everything else, 119 is where they will stay forevermore. (Which is kinda good for Ochain TBH.)

Before PS2 dropping, future expansions would have raised the iLv cap beyond 119, and when that would happens they had said they would raise REM and RFs to the new cap.

But no new expansions = no new iLv cap = no further upgrades for REMs and RFs.

Though there is still the possibility of them tweaking the 119 versions in the future. (Like adding the Relic sameWS damage boost to Empyrean weapon to make them not the absolute biggest waste of life. That kind of update can happen after they enter maintenance mode.)

Empyrean weapons don't need a WS boost on them the only reason relics and mythics did was because compared to empyrean they were out damaged. A lot of the empyrean weapon skills are the best ones for the job as far as damage goes and there are useful ones as well JR, CDC, Fudo, VS, Rudras, Dagan, Mrykr and Camlann's Torment. Out of the mythic wses I think it's just Leaden Salute that gets any proper use aside from AM3 procs.

Nothing is actually stopping SE adding a new system in that either ups the dmg on the weapon after doing a quest or two or a system that let's us augment them like the Alluvion Skirmish weapons. They do need a bit of a boost though.

Edit: out of the Relic wses are aren't any that are really used Coronach and Namas have faded out a bit since the enmity changes.
Aside from the fact that empyrean weapons have the literal worst damage in the game... (Which, if you didn't know... Is one of the main determiners of WS damage. Which completely invalidates "but the WSs are good" argument you put forth.)
Which is why the 119 empyrean weapons kinda need the relic damage boost. Their WS damage is gimped by their SUPER shitty DMG ratings.

But adjusting item properties (eg giving the same WS damage bonus) was just an example I used of what they can do after the final chapter of RoV.
Upgrading past 119 or adding a new content system is so far out of the realms of possibilities, that it's absurd to expect anything like that. (At least after Nov.)
They have flat out said that won't happen.
The game enters maintenance mode Nov. That's your deadline for any and all new content.
Which are missions, quests, battles, NMs, new Trusts, and new gear.
Augments (ala something akin to the magian trials like you suggest) is new content.
After November, there won't be any of that. The game will be "complete." (Though there's still time between now and then, but they're busy with the other Escha zones and RoV... And probably A!skirmish for Ra'kaznar as well as a couple other things.)

All that happens after are QoL adjustments (timers, formulas, etc) and balance adjustments (adjusting JA/WS/SCdmg/Magic damage/etc).
No new quests.
No new systems.
Nothing new.
That's why so many people are all doom and gloom.

Finally you have found the real issue with Empyreans like I said before its not the ws those are really good and don't need a boost. It's the weapons themselves and like I have already said they don't need to add anything new they can reuse the snow/leaf/dusk stone augment system or they can use the lixir augment system to add dmg+ and other stuff. It should be fairly simple for them to add this for REM but are they likely to do it no they aren't.... are they likely to add a ws damage boost to Empyrean weapons no they aren't. Their way of fixing issues with Empyreans was to unlock the ws so we have had their fix so deal with it.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-06-03 06:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Say, in august, they somehow get a lot more cinders/dross/HMP on the market and empy weapons become more in line with relics as far as cost. What empy weapons are good or at least competitive at 119?
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-03 07:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Shaggnix said: »
Say, in august, they somehow get a lot more cinders/dross/HMP on the market and empy weapons become more in line with relics as far as cost. What empy weapons are good or at least competitive at 119?

Shield and harp. The DPS weapons tend to have very low base damage, and since the WS is available without them, you're essentially relying on aftermath to pump them up. Someone who's done the math more recently than I can feel free to refute me, but last I looked even with aftermath they fell behind even moderately augmented Alluvion weapons.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-03 09:46:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what exactly the "Alter Ego Expo" is that is supposedly going on right now?

It's listed as one of the June 2 campaigns on the news feed, but it's not mentioned on the Playonline site. The only trust-related thing going on right now seems to be the bonus HP and resistance to status ailments.

Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-06-03 09:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That probably is the Alter Ego Expo, they just had to call it something so that's what they went with.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-06-03 09:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Darn, I was hoping it would be a chance to acquire some of the trusts I've missed out on.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-03 10:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, Expo is the boost, Extravaganza is the availability.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-03 14:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
EDIT: Also, regarding Capacity point bonuses through gifts and RoE:

Is the effect applied to the base value, or after any multipliers by events and ring uses? How about capes?
Total CP Gained = base amount from kill * Double CP event bonus * CP ring bonus * COR roll bonus * (cape + gifts + RoE Reive bonus + Cheer KI + Moghancement: Bounty + Kupofried trust bonus)
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-06-03 19:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!! I have a lot of questions about capacity points.

Are the capacity point bonus gifts exclusive to that job too? I'm confused as to why there's a 545pt Capacity point bonus gift when the next and final gift is only 5 points higher...
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-03 20:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Thanks!! I have a lot of questions about capacity points.

Are the capacity point bonus gifts exclusive to that job too? I'm confused as to why there's a 545pt Capacity point bonus gift when the next and final gift is only 5 points higher...

Yep, specific to that job. They aren't done giving us gifts yet, and have explicitly stated that they're going to raise the caps on JP categories.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-04 12:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Is there anywhere to store the moogle suit and stuff? I tried storage slip for scenario items and the event item storer and both are a nope.
Did you try both event storage slips? I'm fairly sure all the event gear is storable. (Generally: 75era event gear: NPC; 99era event gear: slip 11; Adoulin and beyond: slip 19)

iirc the moogle suit, goblin suit, behemoth sets, etc are all 19.
[+]
 Asura.Hikikomori
By Asura.Hikikomori 2015-06-04 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Returning after a long time away (how many times do these posts start with that line) and I grew up mostly in Asura; That means I only know how to play XI with someone bossing me around.

Could someone tell me what Job to main? I'm going to spend my time finally completing the storylines I never got to do but also want a class to play with my OCD BLU buddy to keep him happy. He wants to dip slowly but surely into endgame and I'm comfortable with every job type. Someone just has to boss me into the roll and I'll do it.

Cept BLU. That's his territory. And I hate spell hunting.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-06-04 16:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, your buddy will be happy to know that BLU is currently in the top-tier in terms of DD, and also provides excellent utility and versatility.

If you're looking for support roles, nobody will ever turn away a good WHM or BRD, and people are finally realizing just how amazing GEO is. COR is another good pseudo-support that also brings a lot of damage. If you're looking for an excellent solo job and don't want to do BLU, BST is currently ridiculously powerful. I'd suggest building a support job no matter what, as DDs are plentiful while it's always a pain to find supports. Then you can use that job to help build whatever ones you want to play.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2015-06-05 06:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been soloing XP with their trusts recently? Wondering on some good zones to grind in at the best levels.

At the moment my SMN is Lv.56, wanting to take it to Lv.75.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-05 06:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Has anyone been soloing XP with their trusts recently? Wondering on some good zones to grind in at the best levels.

Hmm mobs close to entrance in escha must be slightly above 60 I think. I vaguely remember them saying players would need to be around 60 at least for the first chapter so maybe the ones near the entrance is also close to 60? If that is true, you can just go a bit deeper for higher levels when necessary. I don't know how well they scale up deeper into the area though. There might be a steep jump in mob level beyond a border.
By FaeQueenCory 2015-06-05 09:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Crawlers' Nest.
Skip page 1 and start with page 3 (lizards and saplings).
Can move up to 6 (knight crawlers and helm beetles iirc) once you get close to 70.
Double exp + exp ring + Kupofried + Qultada + GoV = ALL THE EXP!

Verda said: »
What are the most notable walk of echoes conflux's for drops worth farming? Seems like 13 has the most stuff ppl put a high price on.
4, 11, and 13.
I think. I can never remember and always just look it up...
But the asceo torque and flume belt are still super gil, even with the +1 versions.
Windbuffet is basically as good as the +1, but the price is less than 1/10th (unless it's gone up since last I looked)... So money is really only in the CL120 version of that walk.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-06-05 13:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

4 drops Pixie Hairpin +1. I don't recommend doing that one without bringing either a GEO doing Vex/Attunement, or a stunner.
By Elazar1 2015-06-05 13:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I will sell you mine for the rite price
 Bahamut.Kenzen
Server: Bahamut
user: Zaknafei
By Bahamut.Kenzen 2015-06-05 13:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How much were you asking?
First Page 2 3 ... 372 373 374 ... 842 843 844