Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 371 372 373 ... 836 837 838
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-29 08:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Could always try fish n crabs at Doh, they'll take extra from your thunder based spells. The STR down won't bother you much as a scholar, and they're kinda squishy. Plus, should you need extra MP, crabs are good for an Aspir or three.

I for one am not touching that camp after grinding JP for seven hours straight yesterday.

Oh, and randomly: F U Orcfeltrap, you're a steaming pile of poo.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-05-30 01:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Are the drops you get at the end of reives related to your performance in the reive, or is it just arbitrary? Wondering if it's better for cape farming if no one else is there as well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-30 12:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

You just need to have earned 1 evaluation that nets some amount of exp and bayld, which will come from attacking the primary target or healing people. I've been getting the exact same rewards for contributing next to nothing as I have soloing entire WKRs.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-30 13:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

gonna have to disagree, when i bring 'the whole army' to a wkr i have 2-3 geo stunners, whm, brd, cor, 3 dd, and a nakedish whm.. if i throw a t5>t4 on each geo to get a single evaluation my reward pool on them never exceeds 2 items.. the other 6 characters always get 5

cutoff i've noticed to get the full 5 items is somewhere around 3k bayld gained, which isn't a lot for an active player but it's very noticable for me because if i just focus on the fight my geos will never get a single evaluation from stunning/luopan

(i normally farm kamihr and DB all my non-ex drops to myself so i can receive more, it's a quick few mil from earrings/capes.. i drop every EX as well due to their uselessness so there isn't any bias from rare drops disappearing)

can't speak concretely for lairs, but when doing the objectives to get capacity+% i brought a group of 6 on naked whm to cure cheat > curaga for credit and found my total yields to be very very high compared to any other lair farming i've done
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-30 13:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Which items are you not getting though? Seems to me like the pool for a WKR consists of:

- HP Bayld/Bayld Box
- Bonus prize if the WKR event is going (Airlixirs, Delve materials, more Bayld)
- 106 weapon/armor (Ceizak/Morimar/Hennetiel)
- 115 weapon/armor
- Sellable rare accessory
- One or two random materials like ores, ingots, etc.
- Skirmish piece? Not sure if these share slots with other prizes
- JSE cape (not 100%)
- Pluton/Beitetsu/Boulder (not 100%)

While the pool in Lair and Colonization Reives are more like:

- Skirmish piece or HP Bayld (SE mentioned these share a slot, Skirmish piece taking priority)
- One or two random materials (pebbles abound)
- JSE cape
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-30 20:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't paid that much attention to what the drop slots are, just notice whenever i don't put extra effort into the geos they'll have a small pool while the rest get a full 5 items

it's glaringly obvious how much the loot suffers in WKR with say 1k bayld vs 3k, i'll do a fully recorded sample sometime just sucks to short chars toro/friomisis for data

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2015-05-31 03:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Were the yield/results for wildgrass seeds(maybe all seeds) changed when gardens were added?
I haven't bothered mog house gardening for a very long time, but wanted to focus on some specific items for a new chocobo.
Using the exact same pots/crystal/moghancement/mule as I used to use ages ago, I received just one item from each pot a few minutes ago.

I believe the sale price for all chocobo items was lowered back when rmt ruined what was kind of a cool thing, but did they change the yield at that time also?
I'll never get those minute and a half for three days of my life back now. Wiki is pretty outdated on gardening, BG wiki is useless but hilarious on it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-05-31 06:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
mail toro and friomisi to themselves before you go fight ice lion, that way if it drops they can hold it still.
I do. I was talking about testing results, which would require getting shitty evaluations(and lowering my chances of receiving them).

Seems like you had the same experience I did, though.
By Dsuza 2015-05-31 07:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Was there ever any sort of announcement or even a hint that SE will be adding another upgrade to R/E/M weapons at any point to make them stronger again?

If not, how likely is it to happen do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
By FaeQueenCory 2015-05-31 09:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »
Was there ever any sort of announcement or even a hint that SE will be adding another upgrade to R/E/M weapons at any point to make them stronger again?

Thanks in advance,
They are 119 and like everything else, 119 is where they will stay forevermore. (Which is kinda good for Ochain TBH.)

Before PS2 dropping, future expansions would have raised the iLv cap beyond 119, and when that would happens they had said they would raise REM and RFs to the new cap.

But no new expansions = no new iLv cap = no further upgrades for REMs and RFs.

Though there is still the possibility of them tweaking the 119 versions in the future. (Like adding the Relic sameWS damage boost to Empyrean weapon to make them not the absolute biggest waste of life. That kind of update can happen after they enter maintenance mode.)
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-05-31 10:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »

Thanks in advance,
They are 119 and like everything else, 119 is where they will stay forevermore. (Which is kinda good for Ochain TBH.)

Before PS2 dropping, future expansions would have raised the iLv cap beyond 119, and when that would happens they had said they would raise REM and RFs to the new cap.

Though there is still the possibility of them tweaking the 119 versions in the future. (Like adding the Relic sameWS damage boost to Empyrean weapon to make them not the absolute biggest waste of life. That kind of update can happen after they enter maintenance mode.)

Empyrean weapons don't need a WS boost on them the only reason relics and mythics did was because compared to empyrean they were out damaged. A lot of the empyrean weapon skills are the best ones for the job as far as damage goes and there are useful ones as well JR, CDC, Fudo, VS, Rudras, Dagan, Mrykr and Camlann's Torment. Out of the mythic wses I think it's just Leaden Salute that gets any proper use aside from AM3 procs.

Nothing is actually stopping SE adding a new system in that either ups the dmg on the weapon after doing a quest or two or a system that let's us augment them like the Alluvion Skirmish weapons. They do need a bit of a boost though.

Edit: out of the Relic wses are aren't any that are really used Coronach and Namas have faded out a bit since the enmity changes.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2015-05-31 13:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So coming back off hiatus and need to farm a crapton of merits to 119 some 109 stuffs. I've fooled around in Escha and am not quite sure where the most efficient place would be to go. Considering Escha is an open space like Die-in-mass there is going to be competition for mobs but the Shadow Dragons and Yeti things give 800+ experience a kill unchained. Abyssea is easy to hit 100k+/hr but requires almost an hour to build lights and chain. Would Escha be better for short blips and Abyssea for longer sessions or is there another option I don't know about having not really kept up with game changes?
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2015-05-31 13:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm leveling my blu mule up for shots and giggles and im going to be doing the raubahn fight tonight does anyone know if a burst affinity chaotic eye silence will land?
 Bahamut.Seekerstar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Seekerstar 2015-05-31 13:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
I know it's uncool and all to mention skillchains except when you're talkign about a SAMDNC selfchaining 6 steps of light darkness or a THFDNC closing a darkness skillchain... however the thing that many on this game miss out on is skillchain damages and WS elemental properties. Mandalic Stab for instance is awesome for the fact you can have a hard hitting SA/TA compatible WS with Fusion on it so you can open Light Skillchains (which if there's a SAM in your party or many other jobs where their best WS favors light you would be doing yourself a favor). Would it be better if they just cater to the thf and let them close darkness? Sometimes. (Ok most the time). However a lot of these relic/mythic WS have WS properties you can't get any other way, and that's far from useless.

Fixed a few things there, Verda.... :P Though to be fair a six step for a dnc requires using a one-hour, if I'm not mistaken.

Skillchaining can turn mediocre damage into very dead NMs with a little skill and some planning, though, so how is that ever uncool? A good party works together to maximize the strengths of individual roles, and any group that doesn't do this isn't a party, but a bunch of random people spamming whatever comes to mind. Yeah, for awhile it was a dead art, but now it's increasingly relevant and every time I see people who flounder around wondering what to do, I'm glad that I took the time to learn how before it became necessary.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-31 17:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

On the Spreadsheets, how would I go about altering things like the Blood Rage to give 30% crit instead of 20% crit, or the amount of DA/Attack Warrior has from the last update?
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-31 18:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a tab called Data which usually has those things, though you'd have to read carefully through cells to determine where these values are entered. Had the same issue factoring in JPs/gifts for THF, and saw there was a table at the top for native traits (ie: WAR's native DA values). For job abilities, since they have a tendency to be modified by gear, you'll probably have to search further down and take note of a cell that references said gear (ie: THF empyrean hands boosting SA DEX value). Note that when they reference these sets, they go by the name, and can cause problems if they can't be found, so I found it easier to update THF empyrean set by still calling it Raider's and modifying the values, rather than plug in a new set/conditions.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-31 18:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
There's a tab called Data which usually has those things, though you'd have to read carefully through cells to determine where these values are entered. Had the same issue factoring in JPs/gifts for THF, and saw there was a table at the top for native traits (ie: WAR's native DA values). For job abilities, since they have a tendency to be modified by gear, you'll probably have to search further down and take note of a cell that references said gear (ie: THF empyrean hands boosting SA DEX value). Note that when they reference these sets, they go by the name, and can cause problems if they can't be found, so I found it easier to update THF empyrean set by still calling it Raider's and modifying the values, rather than plug in a new set/conditions.
Thanks!

Actually looking at the gear tab I'm not sure the original Empy+2 even had the set bonus, it seems things like DA damage or DA double damage is hard to do.
Edit: Or even the restraint...
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-05-31 20:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Those set bonuses (how much per piece) won't appear on the Gear List tabs, but in the Other Lists tab. Empyrean set bonuses are usually really unique, so the actual bonus itself has it's own line in the Data tab (look for Emp Set Bonus), where it is properly accounted for. I figure it's the same syntax in the WAR spreadsheet as in the THF spreadsheet since they are very similar bonuses.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-31 21:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

That's where I was looking, it does not have Emp Set Bonus or anything resembling that. I imagine either no one has actually found out what the % rate of the set bonus is (don't see it on wiki) or it was just never translated onto the sheet.
By Wordspoken 2015-05-31 22:53:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mikumaru said: »
So coming back off hiatus and need to farm a crapton of merits to 119 some 109 stuffs. I've fooled around in Escha and am not quite sure where the most efficient place would be to go. Considering Escha is an open space like Die-in-mass there is going to be competition for mobs but the Shadow Dragons and Yeti things give 800+ experience a kill unchained. Abyssea is easy to hit 100k+/hr but requires almost an hour to build lights and chain. Would Escha be better for short blips and Abyssea for longer sessions or is there another option I don't know about having not really kept up with game changes?
I kill mobs almost anywhere in adoulin, you get job points too.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2015-05-31 23:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Creaucent Alazrin said: »
FaeQueenCory said: »

Thanks in advance,

Empyrean weapons don't need a WS boost on them the only reason relics and mythics did was because compared to empyrean they were out damaged. A lot of the empyrean weapon skills are the best ones for the job as far as damage goes and there are useful ones as well JR, CDC, Fudo, VS, Rudras, Dagan, Mrykr and Camlann's Torment. Out of the mythic wses I think it's just Leaden Salute that gets any proper use aside from AM3 procs.

Nothing is actually stopping SE adding a new system in that either ups the dmg on the weapon after doing a quest or two or a system that let's us augment them like the Alluvion Skirmish weapons. They do need a bit of a boost though.

Edit: out of the Relic wses are aren't any that are really used Coronach and Namas have faded out a bit since the enmity changes.
Aside from the fact that empyrean weapons have the literal worst damage in the game... (Which, if you didn't know... Is one of the main determiners of WS damage. Which completely invalidates "but the WSs are good" argument you put forth.)
Which is why the 119 empyrean weapons kinda need the relic damage boost. Their WS damage is gimped by their SUPER shitty DMG ratings.

But adjusting item properties (eg giving the same WS damage bonus) was just an example I used of what they can do after the final chapter of RoV.
Upgrading past 119 or adding a new content system is so far out of the realms of possibilities, that it's absurd to expect anything like that. (At least after Nov.)
They have flat out said that won't happen.
The game enters maintenance mode Nov. That's your deadline for any and all new content.
Which are missions, quests, battles, NMs, new Trusts, and new gear.
Augments (ala something akin to the magian trials like you suggest) is new content.
After November, there won't be any of that. The game will be "complete." (Though there's still time between now and then, but they're busy with the other Escha zones and RoV... And probably A!skirmish for Ra'kaznar as well as a couple other things.)

All that happens after are QoL adjustments (timers, formulas, etc) and balance adjustments (adjusting JA/WS/SCdmg/Magic damage/etc).
No new quests.
No new systems.
Nothing new.
That's why so many people are all doom and gloom.
[+]
By Kaerin 2015-06-01 01:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It kinda seemed to me like upgrading existing things (like rme weapons or adding new unity nms) was the sort of stuff they'd be doing after rhapsodies, also balance adjustments, so maybe just increasing the damage on rmes. No one really knows what they meant outside of no new missions or item models, that sort of stuff.
By Dsuza 2015-06-02 08:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where I can get a MP3 or something of the music from this game?

Mainly looking for everything up to and including WoTG but will take anything I can get.

Thanks in advance guys
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-06-02 13:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know where I can get a MP3 or something of the music from this game?

Mainly looking for everything up to and including WoTG but will take anything I can get.

Thanks in advance guys

Music files used in the game are under FFXI>sound folder. They are in bgw format but if that isn't any good to you, you should easily be able to find a proper converter for the format you want. You can listen to them on Altanaviewer individually.

Edit: Here is a bgm to wav converter
http://ffxidats.caarrie.com/index.php?topic=1150.0
 Quetzalcoatl.Farkle
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Aasa
By Quetzalcoatl.Farkle 2015-06-02 13:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

From this list of WOE WS - which would you pick first. I have Die/Lims I need to burn thru...

Torcleaver//Ukko's Fury/Quietus/Dagan/Cam Torment

EDIT - I did have one on that list

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 371 372 373 ... 836 837 838