Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 358 359 360 ... 840 841 842
 Ragnarok.Zaenon
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Lonoha
By Ragnarok.Zaenon 2015-03-09 14:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dyna farming 101:

I've read that Rudra's greatly increases currency gain rate blah blah faster kills blah blah
So I assume it's best to pop Rudra's once the mobs proc and move on to the next one, instead of killing it with white damage hoping for more TH procs - I can see that.

But then, how do you guys use Feint? Pre-proc, at the beginning of the fight, and you just hope that it won't be one of these mobs that just won't proc? Or right after an early proc when you don't have >1000TP?

Also, I've been bringing a BRD toon to give me double marches (cause there's no *** way I'm doing Dyna twice every day anyway), but I end up killing the mobs with just white damage before managing to get a proc in quite a lot. Is it actually detrimental to get too much Haste? If I don't want Marches, do I at least want to keep Haste Samba up?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 14:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zaenon said: »
Dyna farming 101:

I've read that Rudra's greatly increases currency gain rate blah blah faster kills blah blah
So I assume it's best to pop Rudra's once the mobs proc and move on to the next one, instead of killing it with white damage hoping for more TH procs - I can see that.

But then, how do you guys use Feint? Pre-proc, at the beginning of the fight, and you just hope that it won't be one of these mobs that just won't proc? Or right after an early proc when you don't have >1000TP?

Also, I've been bringing a BRD toon to give me double marches (cause there's no *** way I'm doing Dyna twice every day anyway), but I end up killing the mobs with just white damage before managing to get a proc in quite a lot. Is it actually detrimental to get too much Haste? If I don't want Marches, do I at least want to keep Haste Samba up?

Just put your TH gear into a steps/flourish gearset, don't worry about trying to proc higher levels of TH than 8, it's a waste of time. As far as killing without proc, if you're emptying a camp and having to wait for repops, then definitely turn until you stagger them. If you've somehow found a camp you can't empty before stuff repops, killing without proc is still probably going to net you more coins than sitting on a mob while others are up and roaming around. Stagger guarantees one coin, TH gives a chance at more coins, so killing with just TH is still better than not killing 2 more mobs trying to stagger one.
 Asura.Elreck
Server: Asura
user: Nodar
By Asura.Elreck 2015-03-11 10:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For a mule lvled only by assignments and such whats easiest lb5? was wondering about geo since the ele doesnt melee you i read and was thinking you get the bonus of being a ionis area.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-11 10:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

THF, since all you have to do is successfully steal from Maat.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-11 10:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elreck said: »
For a mule lvled only by assignments and such whats easiest lb5? was wondering about geo since the ele doesnt melee you i read and was thinking you get the bonus of being a ionis area.

Whm.

Dont need skills nor af. Just a couple of gear from ah (iridal staff, noble body, earth staff and others cure pot and pdt available).

Echo drops and spells cure 2,3, paralyna and protect.

Pop affictus solace and wait maat with pdt up. Each hit you take, quickly cure with cure 2 or 3. It will provide cureskin and mitigate next maat hit. Repeat the curing each hit you take, there is enough time to cure even with zero healing skill. After some time, you will clear it.

Dont use cure 4 as it has higher casting time and you can be interrupted of take dmg with low skill. You can bring potions elixir or ether for safety, but i never need both, maat will stop before your total mp ends.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
Server: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-03-11 10:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

THF testimonies can be acquired from Quadav and Goblin THFs too, which are in places like Gustav Tunnel, Beadeaux, etc. You also get 3 tries per testimony, and more so on THF if you use some Reraise. Wouldn't even need a subjob or gear.
 Asura.Elreck
By Asura.Elreck 2015-03-11 10:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried thf already and 0/18 on stealing off him lol i'll try whm then didnt think would be viable at all with 0 skills. I have quite a few pieces of gear listed on mules so i'll lvl that next then thanks i'll give a try when ive lvled said mules whm.

Also wanted to add you dont need kazham keys anymore with union warp to jungle now although would need sneak invis if low lvl.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-11 11:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried thf already and 0/18 on stealing off him lol i'll try whm then didnt think would be viable at all with 0 skills. I have quite a few pieces of gear listed on mules so i'll lvl that next then thanks i'll give a try when ive lvled said mules whm.

Also wanted to add you dont need kazham keys anymore with union warp to jungle now although would need sneak invis if low lvl.

THF is just a matter of how much +steal gear you feel like acquiring and RNG. WHM can be beat with just basic prep. SAM is also a basic gimme fight, since you can now make a darkness skillchain with the use of Konzen-Ittai > Gekko and end the fight instantly.
 Asura.Elreck
By Asura.Elreck 2015-03-11 11:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam would require me to lvl gk though and i just did that on another mule did Kozen-Ittai> Gekko and fight carried on Gekko did not miss either was 1st thing i did since i used med before walking up to him.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-11 11:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Agrred on skilling up GKT skill, but Gekko is far more likely to land than steal.
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-11 11:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

without bothering to skill up, whm is pretty much your only option besides thf randomness. I will add that ethers are very helpful. elixers/hi-ether/pro-ether all have a 10 sec charge time and a 10 sec lockout after use where you can't do anything but auto-attack. Ether (+1/+2/+3) is a ~1.5 sec charge time with no lockout. cure 3 > ether > cure 3 > ether is a sure path to an easy win.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-11 12:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize Vile elixers were also instant, I stand corrected
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2015-03-11 12:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

The sole issue with vile/+1 is that they're rare. So you only get to carry one of each at a time. So while they're definitely the first choice, for anything long enough, or MP intensive enough, you may need other options.
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2015-03-11 12:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cape Terrigan Goblin Bandits for thf test

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2015-03-11 23:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

i always do whm with 0 skills

buy cure3, protect or protectra4, some lv50+ gear for defense

use tav taco, protect4, afflatus solace, rest mp back, then engage and cure yourself with cure3 between his hits, use divine seal on a cure3 that'll gain full benefit of it, and benediction at low hp once and you don't usually need any meds

depending on race/gear/maat's luck with crits and spell choice may not be winnable 100% with no meds but testimony is good for 3 tries now, if you find yourself having trouble you can bring a vile/vile+1 or some hi-potions for a sure thing

stealing is not a great option, in the time it normally takes you could have leveled whm to 70, farmed the WHM test, done it, and got yourself an extra sub/ability to teleport

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-03-12 08:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM Maat is by far the easiest in my opinion. And is actually the only Maat fight I have ever done to clear the limit break. (I have done them all higher level on main for the cap yes)

And I do it differently to all the post suggestions here. And it's pretty unloseable even on a naked Taru the way I do it. (Yes I've done it on a naked level 66 Taru fwiw)
I've never lost the battle ever.

- 50+ hi-pots or the +1 +2 equivalent. Though you will probably end up using only 30-40. I wouldn't risk less.
- Couple of remedies at most. Probably won't use them.
- Any spells you want learned whatever. Not necessary tbh. But might make you take a bit less damage.
- Earth staff if you want. Again, whatever. It's not necessary but will make it a bit less hairy if it goes slightly badly.
- Learn paralyze if you want to pull with something other than chucking a pebble at him lol.
Hi-potion, remedy and BENEDICTION macros set.

I've done it on a TOTALLY unskilled mule to try and see if I could get her to level 99 with NO skills.
She hit level 30+ evasion in that battle alone. Yes, actually level 30+. I forget the exact figure. I think it was 38 iirc.

---------------------

Run in to casting or throwing range, DON'T ENGAGE.
Cast paralyze on him for the laugh, or chuck a pebble at him as said.
He'll now charge at you and stand there clouting you. You just stand there taking it and using a hi-potion every time you are 100 HP or more under your max. Which will be always pretty much. So stand there hitting that macro. Don't overuse them obviously.

If you get paralyzed, and you certainly might, try remedying it off. If this doesn't work, and you are getting low on HP, use benediction.

You have to last 5 minutes. From engaging. So you have 5 minutes to buff before running in if you were bothered.
On my second to last mule to do this on, Paralyze stuck on the old duffer with next to no enfeebling skill. And he stood there with it proccing almost constantly for the first 2 minutes. That I have to say, is the first time I have ever seen that happen lol.
 Asura.Crevox
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-12 08:56:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised nobody mentioned Repose...

All you have to do is cast Repose on Maat, he will go to sleep, and repeat until you auto win.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 09:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Crevox said: »

All you have to do is cast Repose on Maat, he will go to sleep, and repeat until you auto win.

Try landing repose without divine seal with 0 divine skill. If he's unwilling to skill up a weapon, he's not going to skill up divine.
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-12 09:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Try landing repose without divine seal with 0 divine skill. If he's unwilling to skill up a weapon, he's not going to skill up divine.

I'd say there's a good chance it will land anyways. Repose has a large magic accuracy bonus attached to it. My WHM has nowhere near capped Divine Magic skill and it lands on things out in adoulin and delve.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-12 09:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say there's a good chance it will land anyways. Repose has a large magic accuracy bonus attached to it. My WHM has nowhere near capped Divine Magic skill and it lands on things out in adoulin and delve.

Light arts?

And ilv club.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-12 09:26:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Light arts?

And ilv club.

Of course there's many things that assist it. I'm just saying there's still a good chance it will land anyways and is by far the easiest strategy. If it truly doesn't work, considering leveling up the skill is a good option simply due to how easy the strategy is.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2015-03-12 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

the point is, he has no skills, and instead of levelling divine skill, he could just stand and heal himself until it's over.

he wants the easiest option, not the grindy option.

healing strat is easy, earth staff, noble's tunic, aquaveil up. you won't really lose unless you dozed off. Other than popping a yagudo drink and a taco i don't really remember ever needing any form of meds. but I've only ever done it on tarutarus so maybe mp could be more of an issue for some other race.

This was before solace was introduced, it can only be easier now with solace

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-12 18:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Arieludia said: »
Even if the 5% chance repose lands does proc, maat will have blink up by then.

I suppose if you feel the MP can be spared by the chance repose lands, you could banishga then repose, but you're banking on getting off 2 spells without being interrupted and still having time to cure yourself if he resists it. All in all, probably more risky than just tanking the damage.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-12 18:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Surviving as a whm against maat was a very good thing i learned back them.

Timing well when to cureskin, timing well your casting between foes action, allowed me to tank a couple of big mobs late in this game even without any dedicated pdt/mdt set. Already happened party wiping for mega bosses or wk naakuals, normally yumcax, and my whm mule always manage to buy some time till others recover. A well geared whm, with proper use of cureskins is a hard to kill player (unlike most mages in ff series).
First Page 2 3 ... 358 359 360 ... 840 841 842