Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 357 358 359 ... 836 837 838

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Davorin 2015-03-01 13:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zenim said: »
I think arciela is similar to prishe, once you finish the expansion? trying to find the link hmmm

From BG Wiki:
Quote:
Complete Seekers of Adoulin missions. Information Needed
Speak to Ploh Trishbahk at the castle gates in Eastern Adoulin. Travel to (J-10) in Ceizak Battlegrounds and check the Sandy Overlook for a cutscene.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-03-01 13:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Arciela's gotten by beating SoA, speaking to Ploh Trishbahk, then going to the sandy overlook in Ceizak. (Source: bg-wiki). Took like 5 secs to find that, I'd recommend bookmarking the site. Personally I never leave it.

I'd assume the Qiqirn has to do with raising monsters. I've yet to participate in any of that tomfoolery and if it's required to get him I may have to pass.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-03-01 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you add + base damage to the Alluvion Skirmish weapons?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
How do you add + base damage to the Alluvion Skirmish weapons?

Using dusktype stones (slit i think).

Bad side is that the dmg+ slot is the same as stat, so you cant have the brutal combo d+ stat+ wsd. Just can have (D or stat)+(acc/att) + special stat from leaf stones(wsd, crit hit, haste, stp, etc).
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-03-01 16:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, that makes sense, thanks.
By Pantafernando 2015-03-01 19:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Can anyone give me an accurate approximation of how long it might take to do the following:
* Achieve 3-5 cleared in Chains of Promathia
* Finish all Chains of Promathia Missions

And if you're feeling generous
Time to clear Zilart, Shantotto Ascension, and a Moogle Kupo D'etat as well. Mainly the top 2 above though because I can't even upgrade armors without that. I only ask because I thought clearing the windurst missions would be a breeze with a lvl 99 char and doing it for my mule and gf but it ended up taking a long time.. like 12+ hours.

Btw, just redid mog kupo for mule, and it took 6,5h from mission2 up till the mega boss, but i lose some time running in wrong places. Can do it in 5-5:30h depending how lucky youre and how many teleports do you have.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2015-03-02 22:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Food for Bard? Talk about slim pickings lol I just use Tav Tacos but if anyone has any idea, just going for def I guess, maybe HP.
Riverfin Soup
[+]
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-03 21:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a special reason for people letting a synergy furnace explode while trying to synergize things? I know some people thwack furnaces to get skill ups but what about when making stuff like Fotia belt and gorget?
|
Everyone I see trying to make Fotia gear don't try to stop leaks or keep impurities under 30%. I've always tried to keep my furnace from ever exploding at all and fix up leaks as soon as I can.
 Odin.Shaggnix
Server: Odin
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-04 06:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be somewhere between very difficult and almost impossible to pull off the synergy with 1 explosion, more than one and I'd say success is impossible. As far as leaks go, leaking the right element is beneficial since you can't leak anything else at the same time. If you have a leak that doesn't really hurt you or is easy to deal with keep it. I always feed whatever I'd prefer to leak first.
 Ragnarok.Orlind
Server: Ragnarok
user: Orlind
By Ragnarok.Orlind 2015-03-04 07:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about leaks must just be me then because I never find myself overfeeding any element by more than 2-3. If I don't fix my leaks, its almost always detrimental to my success.

As for explosions, I guess its either people don't understand syngery very well or are just praying they get success before HP runs out. I've never found synergizing anything that way to be very successful though and wastes alot of fewell and time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2015-03-04 20:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the max stp aug on lutian cape?
 Odin.Shaggnix
user: shagg
By Odin.Shaggnix 2015-03-05 06:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »
Anyone know the max stp aug on lutian cape?

stp and snap both cap at 3
[+]
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 00:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Poked around a bit but couldn't find anything on my question. Anyone ever get <monster> is intimidated by <same monster>? Fighting matamata in Morimar a few times and it seems to happen a few times per fight, but also the regular intimidated by <me>. Have lizard killer set with sweeping gouge on blu if that helps at all.

Post deleted by User.
By mortontony1 2015-03-06 01:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, weird. I'm sure I've seen it before then if it's been that long, just have never noticed.

Post deleted by User.
By Davorin 2015-03-06 02:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Verda said: »
Neither wiki have any information on the following Field Support foods that seem new:
Field Recipe: Instant Noodles (50)
Field Recipe: Dried Agaricus (50)
Field Recipe: Instant Rice (50)

I was wondering what their affects are. Hopefully one would apply to pets. The Agaricus is a mushroom and seems to give some amount of MND (+4) not sure what else.

Field Recipes

Pretty sure none of those are new.
By Datass 2015-03-06 08:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question: If I augment my Canny Cape and don't like the augments, can I just overwrite them with a new refractive crystal, or do I need to get an all new Cape to try another round of augmenting?
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2015-03-06 08:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Datass said: »
Quick question: If I augment my Canny Cape and don't like the augments, can I just overwrite them with a new refractive crystal, or do I need to get an all new Cape to try another round of augmenting?

Just need a new R. Crystal to get a new augment, then you can chose to keep the new one if you like, or the old one if it's worse than what you had.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-03-08 08:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Can Telchine roll Pet: Evasion or Pet: Magic Evasion with Snoworbs?
By Datass 2015-03-09 09:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking this may be a no, but just wanted to double check- can trusts be summoned during Rem's Tale BC's?

Also, does anyone have any experience soloing any of the 1-5 BC's or the 6-10 BC's on THF? I have BST that I could solo with but would prefer to use THF if possible.

And before anyone asks me why I play an MMO to solo, my playtimes are a bit erratic right now and I don't have extended periods of time to shout for members. If noone answers the call in 20 minutes, it's time to go!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-09 10:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Datass said: »
I'm thinking this may be a no, but just wanted to double check- can trusts be summoned during Rem's Tale BC's?

Also, does anyone have any experience soloing any of the 1-5 BC's or the 6-10 BC's on THF? I have BST that I could solo with but would prefer to use THF if possible.

And before anyone asks me why I play an MMO to solo, my playtimes are a bit erratic right now and I don't have extended periods of time to shout for members. If noone answers the call in 20 minutes, it's time to go!

Yes. They can be called in chapter BC's, no idea about other high-tier battlefields as we aim for gear drops on higher difficulties, not solo chapter spam.

Basically, every BC is solo-able on most jobs on VE assuming you are well geared and experienced, some are do-able on higher difficulties by select jobs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sisko
Server: Carbuncle
user: siskotaru
By Carbuncle.Sisko 2015-03-09 10:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You can summon trusts in any 1-5 BC's.

They're all soloable on normal with ease. Probably doable on diff for most of them.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 357 358 359 ... 836 837 838