Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 842 843 844
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 05:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have enough plates or there are enough charges in soultrapper?
 Odin.Brocovich
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2014-08-14 06:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i had the same issue. must have something to do with gearswap. unloading GS worked for me
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Server: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 07:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

any reason why people like bringing thf to stuff like vw? other day i joined one and there was 4 thfs in pt.lights capped every time, they were the bottom 4 in parse. do they like just thfing or does it help personal pool? lights are irrelevent.
 Asura.Loire
Server: Asura
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-14 07:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bukadan said: »
any reason why people like bringing thf to stuff like vw? other day i joined one and there was 4 thfs in pt.lights capped every time, they were the bottom 4 in parse. do they like just thfing or does it help personal pool? lights are irrelevent.
Cause dmg and parsing isn't relevant in voidwatch.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2014-08-14 07:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It was gs -- thanks.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 08:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

so what youre saying is that since killing it isnt an issue its ok for them to join and be useless? is that what youre really saying? lol
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-14 08:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have procs covered then it makes no difference what else you take. Maybe they wanted merits and just didn't change job.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-08-14 08:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what you're fighting or how many people with, but it's unlikely that those THFs are going to add significant contribution on another job, assuming you have other people performing adequately; and, unless VW is surprisingly popular on your server, I also have my doubts that they are actually taking up room for someone else who can prove to be more "deserving." If the fight is lasting long enough for the dps of your DDs to matter so much, perhaps it's not just the THFs that are the problem. Otherwise, I think you are a couple years too late to be venting your frustrations about the concept of PUG VW.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 09:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

oh im not venting im just wondering. i just joined the party on one char while i was in delve on the other. normally ill just 2box them and its faster because i dont have to wait for people complaining about finishing their weapon procs or the chest. i was just wondering why there were thfs, which is exactly what my post asked. obviously this has struck a nerve though, basically stating you love thf and everything it can do. thats cool, everyone loves their ***tier job, but my question had nothing to do with that.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-14 09:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

you have a superiority complex and people bring the job they like to easy events

if i was doing vw i'd invite every useless thf that asked to join, it's more plates for sale even if it doesn't have a major impact on the event
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 09:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

to assume makes an *** out of u and me. all i asked was why was there thfs and all i got was all of this, and not one distinguishable answer without a bash. instead of thinking i was attacking thf as a job in my original question, why not just answer it? ill ask again: any (real) reason why people like bringing thf to stuff like vw?
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-14 09:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody know the location of map .dat files?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-14 09:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

to assume makes an *** out of u and me. all i asked was why was there thfs and all i got was all of this, and not one distinguishable answer without a bash. instead of thinking i was attacking thf as a job in my original question, why not just answer it? ill ask again: any (real) reason why people like bringing thf to stuff like vw?

you already know the answer, you're just talking down to everyone who would rather bring a job they enjoy(or the job they happen to be on) than the optimal job to an event that has 10-16 more people than it needs anyway

no, there isn't a practical reason to bring thf
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 09:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

there you go assuming agian.
 Asura.Loire
user: Bunnygod
By Asura.Loire 2014-08-14 09:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You just threw down your own assumptions about some one else's response and declared them the lover of thf. You had your answer before, because its an outdated event and doesn't matter the jobs brought after procs are covered.
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 09:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

someone told me it raises cap for lights beyond the visible cap, and someone told me that except on for that thf. i shouldnt have to provide this ***to ask a simple question in the random question thread. assume away ***'s
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2014-08-14 09:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Let's break this down. You start by making it clear that the THFs were contributing the least damage. You follow up by saying the light benefit gained by TH is irrelevant. You stage a relatively obvious question(does it help personal pool?) that I'm sure you've long since known the answer to to soften your post.

A couple people post that parse is relatively meaningless in vw.

Quote:
so what youre saying is that since killing it isnt an issue its ok for them to join and be useless? is that what youre really saying? lol
You reaffirm that you believe THF to be useless, making it clear that you would rather they were not in your voidwatch groups.

More people point out that it doesn't matter.

Quote:
oh im not venting im just wondering. i just joined the party on one char while i was in delve on the other. normally ill just 2box them and its faster because i dont have to wait for people complaining about finishing their weapon procs or the chest. i was just wondering why there were thfs, which is exactly what my post asked. obviously this has struck a nerve though, basically stating you love thf and everything it can do. thats cool, everyone loves their ***tier job, but my question had nothing to do with that.
You make personal attacks on the people who said it doesn't matter, with blind assumptions thrown in.

I point out that the THF contributes by adding plates to the economy(even if they use them themselves, it's less they'll need to buy in the future).

Quote:
You play the victim and insist you just really wanted to know if there's a reason to play THF.

You might be a tool, but nobody here is doubting for a second that you knew the answer you wanted when you posted the question. You came here for self validation because you were upset someone was having fun on a sub-optimal job in your alliance. You didn't get it, so sad.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-14 09:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

lol alright sir. get back to your 4.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-08-14 09:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you lost the fight or didn't get the procs that the thf was supposed to cover, I don't see why you'd be upset with them in the pt.

There is a slot for TH weather or not you place value in that is irrelevant. That is covered as well as 100% dagger and if they sub war can cover some sword, club, and marksmanship procs as well as billy and provoke.

Anything else you want to rag on jobs in lolvw?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2014-08-14 10:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Not exactly sure where I stated that I love THF and everything it can do, nor where I implied you were attacking THF as a job, but my answer has nothing to do with that. They could all be on PLD and my statement would not change.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-14 10:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

itt VW is hard apparently
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-14 10:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Have you joined any PUG's lately, it's almost like it's gotten harder because so many people don't have temps/atma/common sense. People warping mid-run to restone and expecting people to wait for them, DDs don't have weapons skilled, mages don't have spells... Not really the topic, just venting.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-08-14 10:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well no I don't usually bring more than 4 or 5 people anyway since i don't want to waste time shouting, but from the sounds of it i'm not too unhappy about that decision
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 19:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a limit for the amount of item or gil that the delivery box can handle (through sells in AH)?

I was leaving my box piling my cash, and now that I decided to take them, ive found less items at the price ive been selling, like if I sold 20 peeble for 15g and just got back 10 from 15g acording with chatlog.

Ive been recheking my box and I still cant find the missing items that suposelly I sold.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 19:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Delivery box is like ~255 items max or something, that's odd if it lost your Gil

Hmmm

Well, I do got lots of things oout of delivery, but its weird that just the last items werent there. I will give a call to GM to check that, it was just stuffs that I sold from yesterday and today. All the rest is fine.
 Asura.Kharlan
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2014-08-14 19:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Have you joined any PUG's lately, it's almost like it's gotten harder because so many people don't have temps/atma/common sense. People warping mid-run to restone and expecting people to wait for them, DDs don't have weapons skilled, mages don't have spells... Not really the topic, just venting.

This.

Either the party leader doesn't get the correct jobs, the DDs can't hold their damage, or people cannot fathom using Dusty Reraise or Fanatic's.

I openly complained about an awful Akvan party (no NINs, 1 BLM, party leader+3 others died with no Reraise, killed at 150 Red like twice), and was told "It's a PUG not LS event, why complain?". The Quality of Life updates really seem to have made some players lazy.

/vent
By Pantafernando 2014-08-14 19:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Hm...
I cant find the option to call GM...
I did it once through Help Desk, but i cant find that now. It just gives option for misc problems, then "Go Back" and "Return". IIRC, there was an option to call GM. Cant find that though.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-15 04:34:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is there a limit for the amount of item or gil that the delivery box can handle (through sells in AH)?

I was leaving my box piling my cash, and now that I decided to take them, ive found less items at the price ive been selling, like if I sold 20 peeble for 15g and just got back 10 from 15g acording with chatlog.

Ive been recheking my box and I still cant find the missing items that suposelly I sold.

Aparently, the cash isnt instantly sent. Today i rechecked my box and i found the remaining cash.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2014-08-15 06:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Aparently, the cash isnt instantly sent. Today i rechecked my box and i found the remaining cash.

Yeah it takes some time to get the remaining stuff in your dbox when it is heavily flooded. It happened to me once.
First Page 2 3 ... 305 306 307 ... 842 843 844