Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 836 837 838
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-05 03:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Quiznor said: »
Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
when you get yagrush you'll have the WS on the weapon itself, so it doesnt matter

just reporting this is wrong...
i just lost my znm items this way cause you don't get the ws and its not showing on yagrush pre bahlrans fight or in the ws list during the fight.

Why would you even attempt to go in without it unlocked in the first place....
Why would i unlock of ws if its unnecessary and you get it free later.
Thats was the info i got provided.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Didn't Sylow do the Kenkonken fight w/o Stringing Pummel unlocked and got the ws to unlock after Balrahn used it on him? I think someone just didn't look carefully enough at their ws list or Balrahn didn't use the ws on them.

i checked the ws list before entering the fight and inside the battle area. but i got out before i actually meat bahlran >.<

I wasted some time in this battle because i tried to do zahak with my dd-whm gear which does not hurt him then changed to yagrush and gave him dmg ( i update wiki about this) then i checked if i did have the ws, i didnt so i abandoned project. >.<

now it begs the question, am i curious enough to risc a new znm trophy set without the unlocked ws...

I asked Sylow specifically, and he was nice enough to answer. The ws becomes unlocked on Balrahn after he uses the ws/does his little speech, not at the beginning of the fight.

The Bg wiki page on it is pretty clear I think? (At least on the other steps)
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2013-08-05 08:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

After obtaining alternator, is fine-tuning and optimization worth keeping merits in? My pup (like most) is just used for low man/solo stuff, like abyssea, limbus, dynamis, anything not delve really. Im thinking the utility of more RR/Vent merits could have a better use than eva/acc/atk which are probably already capped by alternator(?).
 Sylph.Agentblade
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-08-05 12:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

what quest are repeatable in adoulin?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-05 12:02:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cafe...teria and the one at the waypoint girl near Pioneer coalition. Can't think of others right now.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-05 21:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to make sure before I put in airlixir's in to it, Soothsayer should beat Chatoyant for everything now, even without augments?
Int/Mnd+10 Macc+135 Mab+19 MDmg+151 vs. Int/Mnd/Chr+5 The % Boost to macc and damage, and the iridescence effect I never get use out of.

This is mostly for offensive Brd songs and Whm/Rdm Enfeebles. Rdm nukes as well though I don't really do that often.
Not that I'm getting rid of either staff, just like to get in to gear sets if it's going to be superior to chatoyant.

Not making any magian until I finish Sch on this account, and doubt I'll ever buy or be able to afford Antian.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-05 21:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused about why they lowered the MaB on that and the Skirmish staff.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-05 21:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess they thought the magic damage+ made up for the lowered mab. Only thing I can think of at least.

Not sure if they actually adjusted that stat as planned this update or if it is going to take more time.
By fightingcourage 2013-08-06 00:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know how to obtain the new Otronif Gear?? Its level 99 not over 100 like most of the new stuff but still interesting...
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-06 00:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Just to make sure before I put in airlixir's in to it, Soothsayer should beat Chatoyant for everything now, even without augments?
Int/Mnd+10 Macc+135 Mab+19 MDmg+151 vs. Int/Mnd/Chr+5 The % Boost to macc and damage, and the iridescence effect I never get use out of.

This is mostly for offensive Brd songs and Whm/Rdm Enfeebles. Rdm nukes as well though I don't really do that often.
Not that I'm getting rid of either staff, just like to get in to gear sets if it's going to be superior to chatoyant.

Not making any magian until I finish Sch on this account, and doubt I'll ever buy or be able to afford Antian.

Soothsayer not only beats Chatoyant Macc, but beats the crap out of Magian Macc staves too (unless you need the -recast for something).
By Alpheus 2013-08-06 00:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

fightingcourage said: »
Anyone know how to obtain the new Otronif Gear?? Its level 99 not over 100 like most of the new stuff but still interesting...
Not familiar with the names yet but it's either yet to be unlocked Bayld gear or its Skirmish II gear and Skirmish II won't be implemented till the end of the month or so.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-06 00:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Well that's great to see, been putting off thunder damage staff for like three years now, so I can keep on ignoring it apparently.

Dark and Thunder Macc might be the only ones I could really need now, depending on if I ever make progress on Sch or actually use Rdm for something.
By Alpheus 2013-08-06 00:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also to add to the Magic Damage+ question: Matsui said the Dev Team was gonna re-weight the stat instead of adjusting the amounts on gear and that the adjustment will take place in the future. His post gave the implication that the team introduced the stat at a specific amount of efficacy but the damage boost fell short of what they were anticipating it to be. The Following is from Slycer's Translation found here although I added indicators to the complaint and Matsui's response.

Quote:
Question/Complaint: The effect of "Magic Damage +" is weak; please add higher values.

Answer:Because this was just introduced as a new parameter, we can confirm at this time that the effect is weaker than we originally assumed.

We have completed some development and verification work, and once we have implemented the originally assumed effect, even without re-valuing the equipment, performance will be enhanced, so we will be retaining the current values.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-06 15:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Pedurable Raptor rage from any forms of magic, or just the ones that do damage? What about enfeebles (Blind, Slow, Para) and GEO auras?
By Alpheus 2013-08-06 15:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the trigger is Magic Damage so Skillchain damage would count too.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-06 16:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea it is a trigger, but I remember someone saying in a fracture once while going over the strat not to cast enfeebles on it. Just checking on it cause I don't really believe that enfeebles would do anything.
By starfish 2013-08-07 00:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, I am having trouble with mumor's game for sun breeze festivale. moggle says i need to mimic foudeel's dance move to win? also says i need to cheer and clap.

which dance moves i shud use?i got no idea is it /dance1 or /dance2 etc? or depends on which one he does? and while normal attacking i just keep doing /cheer and /clap when he get hit?
By Alpheus 2013-08-07 00:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Yea it is a trigger, but I remember someone saying in a fracture once while going over the strat not to cast enfeebles on it. Just checking on it cause I don't really believe that enfeebles would do anything.
I wanna say you have the right of it then. Enfeebles like para and slow should do nothing to it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-08-07 11:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows what is the new stuff to use to get things past rank 3 in Mog Garden?
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-07 15:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
After obtaining alternator, is fine-tuning and optimization worth keeping merits in? My pup (like most) is just used for low man/solo stuff, like abyssea, limbus, dynamis, anything not delve really. Im thinking the utility of more RR/Vent merits could have a better use than eva/acc/atk which are probably already capped by alternator(?).

I'm thinking the same thing. For the kinds of things that I use puppetmaster for, it seems that what you're saying is true- eva/acc/atk/ratk are capped. Fine-tuning might be worth keeping at 5/5 for the crit rate bonus with Pantin hands +2 (for Valoredge certainly).

Alternator changes the game for us with regards to not just merits, but also pet choices, pet-only sets, and gear. I'm definitely rethinking some things for my pup.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-07 17:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a WKR win from Marjami, but Anomaly Expert won't allow me to trade an Alizarin Rock to be able to host plasm runs. Does it only apply to WKR wins from the first 3 areas and not all of them?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-07 17:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
I have a WKR win from Marjami, but Anomaly Expert won't allow me to trade an Alizarin Rock to be able to host plasm runs. Does it only apply to WKR wins from the first 3 areas and not all of them?

Only the first 3 KIs can enter the tier 1 of the delve fights. I assume that once tier 2 of delve is released, then you would be good to go to enter your ally into those runs.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-08 02:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged out to mule and got booted to main screen to download new update. Now I keep getting Error Code: POL-1155 midway through download when it gets to FFXi.dll

Anyone else experiencing this?
 Ragnarok.Loughry
Server: Ragnarok
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-08-08 03:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged out to mule and got booted to main screen to download new update. Now I keep getting Error Code: POL-1155 midway through download when it gets to FFXi.dll

Did you close your previous instance of FFXI? The one you got kicked off of.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-08 03:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Close all other instances of the game you have open then let it update.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-08 03:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »

Did you close your previous instance of FFXI? The one you got kicked off of.

After reading this I realized I still had my 2nd account playing, that was the problem. Thanks.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-09 10:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nocturnus Helm any good for PDT sets anymore or is it all about Yaoyotl now?
 Shiva.Keman
Server: Shiva
user: Keman
By Shiva.Keman 2013-08-09 10:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a question about a TP Body piece for DRK. At the moment I have a Pak Corselect and a Karieyh Haubert and was unsure just as to which one was really better, assuming I did not need the 3STP on the Pak and both put me over 26% haste?

This is my current TP set if it matters DRK TP SET
(just a note I recently got the Voay Sword a couple weeks ago, and haven't looked at the STP needed for it, my STP was set up for a previous 444 Delay GS)
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-08-09 11:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

was wondering if there was a program or plugin that would let me peel gear out of sack/satchel for gear sets?

an example would be my cor:

at any given time im 75/80 for gear sets with any sub. I would like to be able to move a set into sack or satchel and bring in another set in its place. When im /whm or rdm i need my Mp max and fast cast set, so i leave my tp set or req. set in mh which gets annoying. To manually move them between Bag/sack/satchel takes too much time.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-09 13:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have proof anywhere that you can go past Fame rank 5 in Adoulin? I know that the dialogue from the NPC up to level 9 are in the game but I'm just wondering if it's capped at 5 at the moment. I reached 5 pretty before all the quests were finished. I've done the 5 repeatables twice since then and just finished the 5 or 6 new quests they just added and I'm still at 5. So, yea.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-08-09 13:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
was wondering if there was a program or plugin that would let me peel gear out of sack/satchel for gear sets?

an example would be my cor:

at any given time im 75/80 for gear sets with any sub. I would like to be able to move a set into sack or satchel and bring in another set in its place. When im /whm or rdm i need my Mp max and fast cast set, so i leave my tp set or req. set in mh which gets annoying. To manually move them between Bag/sack/satchel takes too much time.
I "think" gear collector does that, not sure though. Might be worth a look at least.
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 836 837 838