Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 842 843 844
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-07-31 23:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Triet said: »
Curious...sitting on capped battle trophies and about 200k dominion notes. Any still "decently" worth-while gear that you can obtain from these? :o

Spry gear can get ~3% Spell interruption rate per piece and legs can get Ninja Tool Expertise ~+5. There was a Refresh piece that everyone wanted, at some point.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-08-01 00:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone translate this from the official forums? Google is less helpful than usual and Carmate's translation was worse.

If it's discernible, I'm curious to what they're actually doing with shield skill.

Quote:
最後に、お知らせがひとつあります。

現在、テストサーバーで確認できる盾の性能のうち、
「盾スキル+」の値を、かなり小さい値に調整をさせていただきます。

というのも、盾の発動率に関しては算出基準の見直しから行い、
その見直しを前提として付与していた値だったのですが、
検証の結果、一定以上の強さを超えるモンスター(強いてレベルに直すと110相当です)に対して、
オハンの発動率が30%程度下がってしまうことが判明しました。

そのため、現行の盾の発動率を変えないように、基準データを分離するとともに、
新たに用意したデータに合わせた「盾スキル+」の値のつけ直しを行っています。

大きく変化することはないとお伝えしていたこともありますし、
テストサーバーでご確認いただいている場合には
驚かせてしまうかもしれないため、先んじてお伝えさせていただきます。

Camate's translation was:

Quote:
Finally, I have one more thing I would like to inform you of.

Currently, of the shield stats that you can check on the Test Server, we’ve made the "shield skill +" values extremely small.

This is because these values were added based on the revamps to the shield activation rate calculation criteria; however, as a result of our testing, we've determined that when facing monsters that are above a certain strength the activation rate of Ochain has fallen roughly 30%.

Due to this, we are separating the criteria data and adding to the value of "shield skill +" so that the current shield activation rate is not changed.

I just wanted to let everyone know this ahead of time as I'm sure there would be some surprise when seeing this on the Test Server after I said there would not be large variations on the stats found there.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-01 00:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38941/dev1152-item-levels-equipment-help-text/10/#2428376

Last part of Kali's post.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
Server: Bahamut
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-08-01 08:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

It may be related to imprimatur use, or even doing part of the new mission line they put out.

We did all the cutscene missions last night and got the *Evolution quest cutscene this morning \o/

Edited for correct quest name >.>
By Zoltar 2013-08-01 09:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so humor me with this question:

Do people farm plasm from killing mobs for shards?

ie: kill mobs in ceizak for shard 3/4, and use for plasm. Sounds like a pain-staking way to get plasm, but is it feasible? I have a great -pdt set with my bst, curious which pet would work best for this hardcore farming effort. I'd probably go after Careening Twitherym...
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-08-01 09:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Zoltar said: »
Ok so humor me with this question:

Do people farm plasm from killing mobs for shards?

ie: kill mobs in ceizak for shard 3/4, and use for plasm. Sounds like a pain-staking way to get plasm, but is it feasible? I have a great -pdt set with my bst, curious which pet would work best for this hardcore farming effort. I'd probably go after Careening Twitherym...
Sure it's feasible... but it's not really practical.
By Zoltar 2013-08-01 10:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I really, really enjoying soloing mobs in this game and since I'm not in the Ochain/Daurdabla crowd I don't often go with plasm farming groups...

Not bitching at all, just want to get ***done and lately all the time I've spent Bayld farming I could probably do well plasm farming just the same.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2013-08-01 14:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else noticed plantpassage slugs in rala waterways teleporting to them? I went down there on sch in order to complete the "behavioral research" coalition assignment, and upon first cast, it teleported directly behind me. It wasn't lag because after i bound it and ran a good distance, it appeared at me again only a second after bind wore.

Is this some weird mob mechanic like jailer of prudence, or just a bug? I don't see anything on bgwiki or ffxiclopedia about it.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-08-01 15:07:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Has anyone else noticed plantpassage slugs in rala waterways teleporting to them? I went down there on sch in order to complete the "behavioral research" coalition assignment, and upon first cast, it teleported directly behind me. It wasn't lag because after i bound it and ran a good distance, it appeared at me again only a second after bind wore.

Is this some weird mob mechanic like jailer of prudence, or just a bug? I don't see anything on bgwiki or ffxiclopedia about it.

I noticed glitchy behavior like that when fighting them while standing on the bridge. It's not just lag; one of the times it happened I had slept it with my RDM.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-08-01 16:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're in a place a mob can legally be, but the pathing algorithm fails to get the mob a path there, it'll teleport to you. Sounds like the zone's terrain is done poorly and it was warping as a result.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2013-08-01 18:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you're in a place a mob can legally be, but the pathing algorithm fails to get the mob a path there, it'll teleport to you. Sounds like the zone's terrain is done poorly and it was warping as a result.

This could be an explanation for it. Just very strange that it ported constantly. And it did take a few steps so it wasn't completely immobilized due to a pathing error.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-08-03 12:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the cheapest current deal on SoA codes?
 Ragnarok.Rayenchan
Server: Ragnarok
user: Rayen
By Ragnarok.Rayenchan 2013-08-03 17:08:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I haven't played since 2008-2009, bought that pack with all the expansions but Seekers of Adoulin a few months ago but didn't get to play until this week.

Besides leveling, is there anything I should do first or where to start. Not sure which class to level though, been THF main since forever, are they any good now? Should I buy SoA? I will mostly play duo with my brother's WHM or RDM. Thanks.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-03 19:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
when you get yagrush you'll have the WS on the weapon itself, so it doesnt matter

just reporting this is wrong...
i just lost my znm items this way cause you don't get the ws and its not showing on yagrush pre bahlrans fight or in the ws list during the fight.

Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-08-03 19:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Rayenchan said: »
Should I buy SoA? I will mostly play duo with my brother's WHM or RDM. Thanks.
Never really considered an expansion as optional in this game. At a certain point, you will need SoA. Older events are pretty dead for the most part and there won't be anything new added to older areas anytime soon.

I still see some people in game boycotting SoA for whatever reason. And those people have just been sitting in Port Jeuno for the last 4 months with nothing to do.

Even at low levels the expansion can be useful. The Runes purchased from the courier's coalition will give you easy access to the three nations, selbina, mhaura, and rabao. Norg and Kazham as well but do need to have the airship pass first. Warps only require points gained from trading crystals as well.
You can do coalition assignments at any level, so you can start building bayld from the start, and gain some exp for whatever job you choose.

There isn't much or any real duo content in SoA. Reives I guess and quests. It's a group focused expansion.
Thf is fine, serves the same purpose it always has at least. Maybe level another DD as well though.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-04 10:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know where pit antlions pop need me some scarlet stone love
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-04 10:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

nvm sheer dumb luck saves the day!
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-08-04 17:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know the exact number of +accuracy and attack the new combat skill stat gives for the new weapons? Since it's calculated differently from the other +skill stat.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-08-04 18:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Anyone know the exact number of +accuracy and attack the new combat skill stat gives for the new weapons? Since it's calculated differently from the other +skill stat.
I was under the assumption that the only difference was that it was only counted for the weapon hand it was on. This was to prevent dual wield jobs from getting like 500 Att and Acc.
 Odin.Rikiyame
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-08-04 19:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Sylph.Jrpg said: »
I was under the assumption that the only difference was that it was only counted for the weapon hand it was on. This was to prevent dual wield jobs from getting like 500 Att and Acc.

I believe this is true.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-08-04 19:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gaiarorshack said: »
when you get yagrush you'll have the WS on the weapon itself, so it doesnt matter

i just lost my znm items this way cause you don't get the ws and its not showing on yagrush pre bahlrans fight or in the ws list during the fight.

I can't seem to find the context from the rest of this.. are you 100% sure? I'm making Carn and getting close to done, and don't have Mordant Rime unlocked. I was told that the ws unlocks after he uses it against you for the first time. Did you check your ws list after Zahak, on Balrahn *after* he used Mystic Boon on you?

I'm pretty sure that the ability to unlock mythic ws came awhile after mythics were released, so it doesn't make too much sense that you'd have to have them unlocked first when you couldn't even unlock them when the quest was first released?

Either way, sucks about your trophies =(
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-08-04 19:56:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't Sylow do the Kenkonken fight w/o Stringing Pummel unlocked and got the ws to unlock after Balrahn used it on him? I think someone just didn't look carefully enough at their ws list or Balrahn didn't use the ws on them.
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-08-04 20:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you even attempt to go in without it unlocked in the first place....
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-08-04 22:40:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Exenterator the way to go on THF now with the Delve Dagger?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-08-04 22:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Evisceration should perform better.
By Xnite 2013-08-04 23:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know if the reives bonus from the 30k weapons are active during delve also like how some salvage/assault gear is?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-05 01:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »

Why would you even attempt to go in without it unlocked in the first place....
Why would i unlock of ws if its unnecessary and you get it free later.
Thats was the info i got provided.

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Didn't Sylow do the Kenkonken fight w/o Stringing Pummel unlocked and got the ws to unlock after Balrahn used it on him? I think someone just didn't look carefully enough at their ws list or Balrahn didn't use the ws on them.

i checked the ws list before entering the fight and inside the battle area. but i got out before i actually meat bahlran >.<

I wasted some time in this battle because i tried to do zahak with my dd-whm gear which does not hurt him then changed to yagrush and gave him dmg ( i update wiki about this) then i checked if i did have the ws, i didnt so i abandoned project. >.<

now it begs the question, am i curious enough to risc a new znm trophy set without the unlocked ws...
First Page 2 3 ... 214 215 216 ... 842 843 844