Happy Birthday Final Fantasy VII!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Happy Birthday Final Fantasy VII!
Happy Birthday Final Fantasy VII!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Recaldy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Recaldy
By Bismarck.Recaldy 2012-02-01 03:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked Aeris. I'd rather have Seph kill Tifa than Aeris. I like my pure healing females. <3

The one thing I liked about that part of the game was that the boss music carried over from the cutscene.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-02-01 03:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

trying to discuss a certain final fantasy in these forums is like discussing religion in a bar. at least it seems that way to me a lot >.>

sorry, pointless thing to say i guess. though cool that VII came out on this day, didn't know that. definitely enjoyed VII series a lot myself (funny thing is i think i liked crisis core more than VII itself XD)
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 03:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
PSone

this is a PSone

this is a PSone with a screen

this is not a PSone

hope people learned something today

p.s. people find it "cool" to hate on FF7, just like some people think it's "cool" to bandwagon.

FF7 was my 2nd RPG, and like the first (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) both hold a great deal of respect imo, VII was the first game that I had an addiction to, short of maybe Mega Man X.

Personally I rank VII, VIII, and X as my tops and each for their own reasons.

As for Zelda personally I find A Link to the Past to be a better game than OoT, at least I enjoy it more. Not knocking on OoT any but I just love my ALttP, only thing I haven't done in that game is memorize the dungeon layouts 100% to be able to tell somebody which way to go from memory without some assistance, maybe a few dozen more play throughs will put me there.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-02-01 03:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the point of pointing out the difference between a PSone and a Play Station? Or was that just "random fact you may not know"?

I don't really think anyone "hates" VII, just some think its not as amazing as others make it out to be.
 Bismarck.Patrik
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2012-02-01 03:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
What was the point of pointing out the difference between a PSone and a Play Station? Or was that just "random fact you may not know"?

I don't really think anyone "hates" VII, just some think its not as amazing as others make it out to be.
which i'd say is fine and understandable. its just that most people like to scream out how they do infact hate it. in many cases they probably don't hate it, it honestly has just become a bandwagon that was created because it used to be people screaming out how they loved it. which I'll admit is also annoying.

but anyone that tries to say they like any one FF game attracts ridicule, FF fans are just notorious for judging one of the games over all the others, and using words like "bad game" or "hate" or whatever.

so basically, its fine and perfectly understandable if someone doesn't like a game or likes one more than others or so forth, but its the extremist narrow view that starts huge arguments. there really is no reason to blurt out why such and such game is a pile of garbage when there are obviously others that like it. many of those people take that insult personally since they like that game and then in comes the shitstorm.

ok... I'm done >.> sorry, i see this stuff in every FF thread that comes up on these forums and its always kinda a sore spot for me. just live and let live (note, im not directing this to who i quoted, just kinda speaking in general and to who it applies to)
[+]
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2012-02-01 05:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

IX was my favorite by far. Then VII.
X and X-2 are my least favorite in the whole series.

:D
[+]
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-02-01 07:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
Shiva.Keyera said: »
Happy belated birthday to FF7, since that's a good description of how much I care about it.

FF7 was fun, entertaining, and progressive for its time. I do agree that it is a bit overrated. The only memorable character was Sephiroth and maybe Tifa, MAYBE.

However, since I am a bit younger, the nostalgia factor of a game resides in FF9 for me.

On a lighter note, happy birthday ff7 ^^
I dunno, I find all them memorable in their own right.. Well minus Cloud.. That ***just seemed so fabricated and forced.

the characters i mentioned are the ones that i found to strike home with myself.

i am a psycho maniac killer AND hopeless for an emo guy =D
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 09:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »

pet peeve...and that. No there's people that straight out hate it, it's become a bandwagon fad.

To me they can be ignored just as the overzealous fans can be.
 Carbuncle.Meenners
Server: Carbuncle
user: Meenners
By Carbuncle.Meenners 2012-02-01 09:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

my favorite is still FFVI and V ... :) let's celebrate that instead!
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-02-01 09:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda how you have

Over the top religious people
Religious people
Atheist
Over the top atheist.

The two middle groups are just fine. It's the top and bottom that are horrible.

Then you have

ff7 over the top fan boy
Average rpg'er who likes ff7
Average rpg'er who didn't think it was the best game
ff7 over the top anti-fan boy

The middle 2 are fine, while the top and bottom are annoying beyond belief.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
Server: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2012-02-01 09:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
Happy belated birthday to FF7, since that's a good description of how much I care about it.

FF7 was fun, entertaining, and progressive for its time. I do agree that it is a bit overrated. The only memorable character was Sephiroth and maybe Tifa, MAYBE.

However, since I am a bit younger, the nostalgia factor of a game resides in FF9 for me.

On a lighter note, happy birthday ff7 ^^
I dunno, I find all them memorable in their own right.. Well minus Cloud.. That ***just seemed so fabricated and forced.

the characters i mentioned are the ones that i found to strike home with myself.

i am a psycho maniac killer AND hopeless for an emo guy =D

He witnessed his idol burn his village down and slaughter the majority of the population, including his best friend and love interest. Then he was experimented on to the point of complete and utter hysteria, regaining consciousness only through a miracle. And then he saw his best friend die fighting to save his useless, crippled life. You'd have a case of PTSD too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2012-02-01 10:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

7 sucked, go back and play FF6. Now thats a storyline.
[+]
 Bahamut.Yukisoba
user: Yukisoba
By Bahamut.Yukisoba 2012-02-01 10:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said: »
IX was my favorite by far.
HIGH FIVE ( '-')/

Also, Kefka succeeds in destroying the world, where's all his publicity!? It's 'cause he's a clown, isn't it? KEFKA'S BADASS OKAY??
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2012-02-01 10:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yukisoba said: »
Also, Kefka succeeds in destroying the world, where's all his publicity!? It's 'cause he's a clown, isn't it? KEFKA'S BADASS OKAY??

I bet its cause he was a pup.. Damn him.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 10:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
It's kinda how you have

Over the top religious people
Religious people
Atheist
Over the top atheist.

The two middle groups are just fine. It's the top and bottom that are horrible.

Then you have

ff7 over the top fan boy
Average rpg'er who likes ff7
Average rpg'er who didn't think it was the best game
ff7 over the top anti-fan boy

The middle 2 are fine, while the top and bottom are annoying beyond belief.

I'll disagree, but I don't want to get into it here as this isn't the thread for that.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-01 13:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said: »
PSone
Here's the real question. What is this device?

The website you stole the image from seems to mistakenly believe it to be a Sony PSX, but everyone knows that's not a PSX. This is a Sony PSX:

Had I said PSX not only would I have been off by several ten thousand model numbers, but an entire console generation as well. No one including yourself would have been able to discern just what the *** I was talking about!

No, the device in question is a Sony PlayStation and NOT a PSX, PS1, PSone, Playstation, Play Station, playstation, or ps.

I hope people learned something today.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 13:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember correctly at one point the different regions had their models referred to X, O, square and triangle.

(not sure if they used all of them)

and the NA version was X.

so the short was PS X, but yes I know of the actual PSX, hence why I didn't refer to the Playstation as a PSX.

(but yes, if you would have said PSX or PSx etc I would have known what you were talking about).
By Artemicion 2012-02-01 14:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It might just be me but I think a good deal of appreciation for the game comes with growing up into it upon release. If you were aware of how RPGs were made in the past with the dinky two dimensional sprites, blocky landscapes and a MIDI soundtrack, it blew you out of the freakin water to have a Final Fantasy with full three dimensional polygon characters (despite being stubby as hell), animated backgrounds and music that was able to play in a more full spectrum than anything you've heard before. Not to mention the story wasn't half bad at all. It was pretty ground breaking for the franchise and it remains to be a pinnacle of success and progress(hence the spin-offs and movie) for the franchise. Unfortunately, if you missed it and already had your expectations and standards set far beyond what it was able to deliver, it is going to seem rather lackluster in story and appearance. For for us old farts... we never forget how much of a watershed moment VII's release was when we first played it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-01 14:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've played and beaten FF7 once (Liked some story line, but not all the politics and the <fake religion> (Earth lives and breathes) ((like Final Fantasy Spirits Within or whatever))

I've played and beaten FF8 about 100 times, I play Triple Triad more than anything and I really really wished I want to a school like that.
Also the chicks were way hot, wish tifa was in 8... holy hell..
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 14:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said: »
I've played and beaten FF7 once (Liked some story line, but not all the politics and the <fake religion> (Earth lives and breathes) ((like Final Fantasy Spirits Within or whatever))

I've played and beaten FF8 about 100 times, I play Triple Triad more than anything and I really really wished I want to a school like that.
Also the chicks were way hot, wish tifa was in 8... holy hell..

some of the best parts... and lolwut?

I have Triple Triad Gold, keep forgetting that I do though...
By Artemicion 2012-02-01 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it was the play on Wiccan religion and political aspect as a secondary antagonist that made FF7 interesting. Too many older RPGs simply went with the "You're a very bad guy!" -- "Mwahahaha, I am a very bad guy!" to justify whatever eternal conflict you were involved in.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-02-01 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Had I said PSX not only would I have been off by several ten thousand model numbers, but an entire console generation as well. No one including yourself would have been able to discern just what the *** I was talking about!

The PlayStation was marketed in Europe as the PSX for the first couple of years until they released the smaller PS1 model.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-02-01 14:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
Quote:

The PlayStation was marketed in Europe as the PSX for the first couple of years until they released the smaller PS1 model.
Nothing was ever marketed as a PSX besides the picture of the DVR recording-enabled PS2 I have pictured above.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 14:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

from what I read, SOJ and SOA had a disagreement, SOA wanted to call it the PSX, SOJ didn't.

but idk how accurate the wiki was.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-01 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Soldier
Shinra
Turks
Mother

I was 10ish when this game came out, so I couldn't follow every damn thing off the bat so that was a turn off.

Though FF7 AC was fun as ***.
Filled in a few holes.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 14:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
Quote:

Nothing was ever marketed as a PSX besides the picture of the DVR recording-enabled PS2 I have pictured above.

wrong...at least according to Sony of America.
By Artemicion 2012-02-01 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I suddenly really really really really really really want that PSOne with the attachable screen so I can play FF4-9 in my own little personal haven. Was it ever operable on batteries, or did it still require a wall jack?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-02-01 14:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »
I suddenly really really really really really really want that PSOne with the attachable screen so I can play FF4-9 in my own little personal haven. Was it ever operable on batteries, or did it still require a wall jack?

wall jack, I have one.

just use a laptop with an emulator? get a better resolution too...and save states
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-02-01 14:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a few years ago after my friend barrowed ff7 and scratched a disk i went on ebay to find a NEW one
Bestseller:30~50bucks
Original: 100+

Needless to say, i got the best seller version lol
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2012-02-01 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember FF3(AKA NA6) SNES Cartridges selling for like 350$

PlayStation ultimate Lunar silver w/e being like 100+$.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9