Pup Solo NM Videos.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » pup solo NM videos.
pup solo NM videos.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-08-07 05:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
Why wouldn't Optimization be worth it because of Alternator? I don't get it.

Alternator increases just about every stat of the automaton, including atk and str. If the auto can cap atk/r.atk then optimization isn't doing much if anything for you (mage auto is pretty useless nowadays, i never use it). I wonder if any testing has been done about defense too.
I seriously doubt Alternator alone (while absolutely awesome) can cap Automaton's Att, Ratt and all the rest.

Glad to be proved wrong though, of course.
Anybody has some more consistent data about it?
 Carbuncle.Hakubo
Server: Carbuncle
user: nokioki
By Carbuncle.Hakubo 2013-08-07 06:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
Not really much of a surprise (or a challenge) but puppetmaster can solo KS99 behemoth easily. Alternator and pet set, with Sharpshot, took about 7 minutes and one repair.
I took my Beastly Shank in my bazaar to Behemoth pop and afk'd while some JPs bought it, then took a Themis Orb to Horns of War and killed Behemoth there, and yes, with time taken to run up to the arena the kill took 6:47 and one oil - perfect :D
By lugado 2013-08-12 02:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

a decent replacement for mc is sea daughter in abby, I've been running RR Apoc Sea Daughter set a auto repair II and you can pretty much watch the rng frame spam armor shatterer all day 1 light manuever and 2 wind are pretty awesome for that set
[+]
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-21 09:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Why wouldn't Optimization be worth it because of Alternator? I don't get it.

Alternator increases just about every stat of the automaton, including atk and str. If the auto can cap atk/r.atk then optimization isn't doing much if anything for you (mage auto is pretty useless nowadays, i never use it). I wonder if any testing has been done about defense too.
I seriously doubt Alternator alone (while absolutely awesome) can cap Automaton's Att, Ratt and all the rest.

Glad to be proved wrong though, of course.
Anybody has some more consistent data about it?

Well, most of us are probably using Sharpshot at this point. SS gains less from Ratk since Armor Shatterer doesn't scale with it much if any. I think Fine-Tuning is still very worthwhile to use with relic+2 hands augmented, but unless you're using BLM puppet often I think Optimization has definitely been devalued.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2013-08-21 10:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Devalued by alternator? Absolutely.
But still I personally don't find slightly lower (and "strange", not even) cooldowns on the other 2 JA options good enough to be giving up points there.
I mean if there were better options sure, but for slightly lower cooldowns? Meh...

But it's just me of course.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2013-08-21 12:42:05
Link | Quote | Reply

But still I personally don't find slightly lower (and "strange", not even) cooldowns on the other 2 JA options good enough to be giving up points there.
I mean if there were better options sure, but for slightly lower cooldowns? Meh...

Oh, I agree with you. I've kept my merits where they are at. More so because, like you said, there's not better options.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-08-21 12:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, you're talking about old merits that reduced cooldowns with extra points. They are set cooldowns now(idk if you've noticed the last year, Role Reversal and Ventriloquy have been on lower cooldowns then they were originally with one merit)

Putting more points into them now:
Role Reversal: +5% hp given per merit
Ventriloquy: 5% enmity swap difference per merit (lowest enmity swapped is reduced by 5% per merit while highest is increased by 5%)

So putting more points into them now isn't that much more useful than before but it does actually have more of an effect than the old reduce timer thing.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [219 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-03-28 23:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Just made a new channel dedicated to PUP and BST solo's. The first video will be PUP vs AAMR (ve).

YouTube Video Placeholder

I'll have another video of AATT sometime later tonight. AAGK or AAHM will be next after that.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-03-29 03:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The Celstial Nexus (VE)

Evasion Set

ItemSet 321661

Notable Attacks

Eald'narche Phase 1
- Ancient Magic (Freeze, Burst, Tornado, Quake etc) 700-900 dmg
- Gaea Stream: Eta 100-300 dmg
- Uranos Cascade: Eta 100-300 dmg, Additional Effect: Bind
- Chronos Sling: Eta 100-300 dmg, Additional Effect: Gravity
- Phase Shift: 100-600 dmg Large range AOE (17"?)
- Uranos Cascade: Theta 200-300 dmg Additional Effect: Bind
- Gaea Strea: Theta 300-400 dmg
- Sleepga II
- Gaea Stream: Lambda 400-600 dmg
- Uranos Cascade: Lambda 100-500 dmg Additional Effect: Gravity
- Chronos Sling: Lamdba 200-300

Eald'narche Phase 2
- Ancient Magic II
- Firaja
- Thundaja
- Stellar Burst: 100-200 dmg AOE Additional effect: Silence
- Omega Javelin: 100-200 dmg Additional Effect: Petrify
- Vortex: 100-200 AOE dmg Additional Effect: Terror/Bind
- Astral Distortion: 100-200 dmg AOE Additional effect: Silence/slow/atkdown

This was a fun solo. The video is my second try at the fight so there were a few panic moments at the end. I thought I was done for at 3% with the Omega Javelin petrifying my light SC attempt to end it quick.

Still not sure how his hate mechanics work on his second form. Almost seems like he randomly teleports to anyone on his hate list.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-04 09:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ark Angel TT (E)

The difference between very easy and easy aren't too big. Your evasion set still works but there isn't enough accuracy on it to be able to use it. Need a mild accuracy tp and ws set.
[+]
By sefalon 2014-04-13 14:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Ark Angel TT (E)

The difference between very easy and easy aren't too big. Your evasion set still works but there isn't enough accuracy on it to be able to use it. Need a mild accuracy tp and ws set.

Can you post the attachments that you use? Would eminent animator be ok? MY pup still act like he doesn't care when I am low HP and will cast poison 2 or something at a crucial time.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-13 14:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I still use eminent animator as I don't have divininator yet. If you use damage gauge and always have a light manuever up your pet will prioritize healing. But if he's already used a cure, there's a cooldown before he can cast cure again so maybe that's why you're getting poison or something you don't want.

Attachment setup for whm auto on AA's are usually.

Tactical Processor / Tranquilizer / Power Cooler / Turbo charger II
Armor plate II / Heat sink / Auto repair kit I / Flashbulb
damage guage / Optic fiber / Mana tank II / Mana conserver
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-04-21 23:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ouryu (VE)

Not sure if I'm doing this fight correctly. I proc both elementals at the same time but he still stays flying for a few mintutes before landing.

Other than not being able to hit him for long periods of the fight, the VE version is pretty easy. You're never really in any danger except if your automaton and yourself get hit with the breakga spam at the end.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
By Darknightleo 2014-06-04 12:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Phunkism said: »
Just made a new channel dedicated to PUP and BST solo's. The first video will be PUP vs AAMR (ve).

Video

I'll have another video of AATT sometime later tonight. AAGK or AAHM will be next after that.
What does your evasion set look like with the recent updates since this post? I'm trying to work out my on eva set so I can solo these, too. Almost did MR but she got off a lucky rampage at 20% that took out about 1.2k HP.

Also, been working on Isgebind to finally finish my arma. He's an incredibly easy solo now, RR/Sea Daughter/Apoc (or vicissitude). go /war for more proc chances on Kur.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-06-04 12:24:11
Link | Quote | Reply

The most evasion you can get now would be a full Qaaxo set path A + all the evasion accessories in a few posts above this. That would probably be more evasion than you actually need for VE battlefields. Could probably sub in some DD accessories if you have a full Qaaxo set.
By cervelo84 2014-06-24 08:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys great stuff here.

Question:

My healing pet always follows me into battle and gets really close to the monster- is there a way to make him stay somewhere and cure instead of coming up close?
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-07-15 03:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a set range it can stay in before coming to "help you out". I'm unsure what that range is, since I'm a scumbag casual who plays on a 360, but to give an approximate, when I'm doing ARII boss, I deploy in the center of the room, and then I drag the boss off to the second pillar to the right on entry into the room. That keeps my robot out of range of everything except Fulmination. Can't find any source that tells me the range in yalms that would be, however. I'll take pictures next time to illustrate what I mean the next time I'm able to, if that will help.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-07-16 23:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Head Wind II (VE)

This fight is pretty difficult for a very easy fight. Normally I can get away with about 900 evasion on other VE fights but this one requires 940+.

Random notes:

- Rabbit casts breakga, if your puppet gets hit by it then you're run is pretty much over
- If you kill their pet they'll eventually respawn them
- After the master goes down, the pet still needs to be killed.
- You can outrun their WS. Extremely helpful after you take down the bst and his rabbit as you don't have to worry about your puppet running after you and getting hit with breakga
- They use their 2h under 50%. BST uses familiar, DRK uses bloodweapon. Not sure what the DRG uses.
[+]
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-07-22 00:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The Shadow Lord II (E)

Fairly straightforward fight. Damage immunity after Damning edict is pretty annoying during phase 1. You'll just have to wait it out. NIN sub might be a better choice for this fight. I had a lot of resists or misses with stun. Phase 2 implosion spam can be difficult if you don't come prepared. Mana jammer I and II really help during this phase for your auto. Probably be better off with a MDT set during this phase rather than an evasion set.
[+]
 Valefor.Xerus
Server: Valefor
user: Xerus
By Valefor.Xerus 2014-08-09 05:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Xerus said: »
There is a set range it can stay in before coming to "help you out". I'm unsure what that range is, since I'm a scumbag casual who plays on a 360, but to give an approximate, when I'm doing ARII boss, I deploy in the center of the room, and then I drag the boss off to the second pillar to the right on entry into the room. That keeps my robot out of range of everything except Fulmination. Can't find any source that tells me the range in yalms that would be, however. I'll take pictures next time to illustrate what I mean the next time I'm able to, if that will help.
Finally got around to remembering this. sorry for the delay. I also apologize for the quality of the images. As mentioned above, I'm a shitty console player, so had to take pictures with my phone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Xerus/ff11/WP_20140809_001_zps68cb194e.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Xerus/ff11/WP_20140809_002_zps757be161.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Xerus/ff11/WP_20140809_003_zps0ab70980.jpg
The above shows me at standing position in the middle of the arena. Stand there and the boss will come towards you. You can deploy from that spot.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Xerus/ff11/WP_20140809_004_zpsc1fee2ac.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Xerus/ff11/WP_20140809_005_zps06ceab89.jpg
In the first of this second set of images, you can see the pillar I mentioned in the quoted post. From that spot I'm able to fight the boss while Joe stays away and out of range of all AOEs except for Fulmination.
 Siren.Balias
Server: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2014-08-09 11:06:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to solo Unfettered Twitherym for impure celadon yggzi, 0/2 so far. Would love some tips if anyone has any?
By Mitruya 2014-08-09 13:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can PUP solo Angra Mainyu now? If you mention needing this clear, people instantly clam up, change the subject or pretend to be busy ...
By mortontony1 2014-08-09 13:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Balias said: »
I've been trying to solo Unfettered Twitherym for impure celadon yggzi, 0/2 so far. Would love some tips if anyone has any?

Fight the Chapuli imo. Stun TP moves when possible and only WS when he's casting. Keep yourself healed and he's pretty easy. Only thing is he does silencega, so make sure you can remove that.
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-09 13:45:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mitruya said: »
Can PUP solo Angra Mainyu now? If you mention needing this clear, people instantly clam up, change the subject or pretend to be busy ...

Should be a trivial solo now.

Spawn > Kill dragons > Slowly take Eye to 26% > Ventriloquy > WS > Icarus Wing > WS
By Mitruya 2014-08-09 14:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, thanks. Using a mage or DD frame? Sic it on the eye while I work on the dragons?
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-08-09 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the dragons still use a curse move so use the whm frame. I remember solo'ing angra on bst before SOA came out and he was pretty squishy before ilvl gear. I wouldn't be surprised you could take him ftom 26% - 0% in one ws but bring an icarus wing in case. Only thing you need to look out for is chainspell death he does. He'll probably be able to get off one death if you can't finish him off in one ws but make sure you ventriloquy before and your auto will take that death.
 Sylph.Kakashiiix
By Sylph.Kakashiiix 2014-08-13 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Can pup w/ trusts handle Pandemonium Warden?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [53 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2014-10-05 15:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kakashiiix said: »
Can pup w/ trusts handle Pandemonium Warden?

i would like to know myself i tried to kill him solo last year as a mythic 119 pup with good macros skills and best i could get my hands on at the time and he kicked my *** on the last form. if someone on pup is able to solo pandemonium warden id like to see that..
 Odin.Phunkism
By Odin.Phunkism 2014-10-09 00:15:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva Prime II (E)

The fight was pretty tough when I originally went in as pup/dnc. Stun did not work at all. Occasionally it would proc and interrupt her casting but it was not very reliable. Once subjob was switched to nin the fight became more manageable.

Random notes:

- Uses 4 moves Heavenly strike, Rush, Frost armor and diamond dust
- Diamond dust is used multiple times during the fight for moderate damage. Wipes shadows.
- Diamond dust is a hate reset which was a problem when I tried on bst. Not a big deal on pup.
- Heavenly Strike goes through but doesn't wipe shadows, very high damage
- Rush is a multihitting physical move. As long as you have a few shadows up it shouldn't do too much damage.
- Frost Armor gives her ice spikes. Equip disrupter to get rid of it.
- Her auto attacks have an additional ice effect that does big damage. Normally around 400-500 AE a hit. Think I saw a 1000 AE on a previous try.
- WS proc red, Automaton JA proc white, Spells proc green. Something procs blue but I didn't catch it. Not sure what the procs do.

EDIT:

- Deploy proc'ed blue
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10