Alexander.Chronos
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 20:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Alexander.Chronos said: »
sure, let me find the latest page. they might still be running a 50% promotion i saw recently
Awesome, ty
Hopefully it's still going until I get this card! Saving money is nice :D
http://www.direct2drive.com/10638/product/Buy-FINAL-FANTASY-XI-Ultimate-Collection-Abyssea-Edition-Download

this is the version I bought, you might be able to find a discount somewhere if motivated enough though
Ty, bookmarked
Is it through SE in that it's bound to your account like a WoW purchase? Or just to an email or something like that if I'd like it on say, a laptop also

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Alexander.Chronos
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 21:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

/l it's bound to an account you make on that page, just giving an email and they email you the registration code. then you download the 5 gigs~ full game, as many times as you want from any comp you want

as for SE's side yeah everything is done from the SE website no more playonline service editing page ***and credit card info on playonline
Haha "/l" I used to do that months after I quit...

And THANK THE LORD. SLOWEST LOADING SCREENS EVER. And I see they added some new security crap to credit cards. I was going to use my girlfriend's until mine arrived but it turned into a hassle :/
 Asura.Wordspoken
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2011-12-19 06:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

beastmaster is hated because of that and unsportsmanlike behavior but yeah.
All these updates, but some things never change. BST vs. the World is a timeless classic.
By Jadi 2011-12-19 16:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't want to start a pissing war here, but I did this too and I didn't like Abyssea.

FFXIV has more of that classic FFXI feel to me than the new FFXI. This is how I feel about it your more than welcome to disagree but you might want to check it out.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-12-19 16:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jadi Kama said: »
I don't want to start a pissing war here, but I did this too and I didn't like Abyssea.

FFXIV has more of that classic FFXI feel to me than the new FFXI. This is how I feel about it your more than welcome to disagree but you might want to check it out.

FFXIV feels nothing like FFXI. At all.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-19 16:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV seems more like a FF meets WoW but not completely, basically wait till 2.0 lol
By Jadi 2011-12-19 17:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels more like the game I played 8 years ago.. I dunno.. it's kinda a dejavu thing..

Abyssea failed to impress me.. I honestly just got too bored with it and I was so sad to see all the areas I loved used for nothing now.. I'd sit in my mog house and do nothing.. did that for days it didn't even make sense but that is what I did.. then someone in the LS asked "Hea, anyone know how to get a Fomor Codex?!" I poped up instantly and ran off to get one.. I dropped it very fast and 30 minutes later I traded it over to him for free and told him he made my day.. I was so happy to be useful again and do something I thought was fun.. After that I realized that what FFXI was to me was gone..

I think the last thing I did was solo despot on mnk with chi-blast.. just for fun, like in the old days. :)
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-19 17:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Feels more like the game I played 8 years ago.. I dunno.. it's kinda a dejavu thing..

Abyssea failed to impress me.. I honestly just got too bored with it and I was so sad to see all the areas I loved used for nothing now.. I'd sit in my mog house and do nothing.. did that for days.. then someone in the LS asked "Hea, anyone know how to get a Fomor Codex?!" I poped up instantly and ran off to get one.. I dropped it very fast and 30 minutes later I traded it over to him for free and told him he made my day.. I was so happy to be useful again and do something I thought was fun.. After that I realized that what FFXI was to me was gone..

I think the last thing I did was solo despot on mnk with chi-blast.. just for fun, like in the old days. :)

Lol weren't you prosecuted by a GM of holding? XD
By Jadi 2011-12-19 17:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Prob killed it over a hundred times, soloed lots of other things too that you can with movement.. never once seen a GM. So long as your killing it your good.
By Jadi 2011-12-22 21:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said: »

FFXIV feels nothing like FFXI. At all.

btw.. I just had to respond to this..

(Party) (Do you need it)
(Yes, Please)
Raptors ok in (Cape Teriggan/Camp Iron Lake)?
ok (whm/cnj) fore cure please.
I found a (blm/thm) but they are JP, is this ok?
(pld/gld) will (provoke) and (flash) to get (enmity)
select (cure) and press up and down to select the members in the party list in the lower right hand of your window.

Nooo.. 14 is nothing like 11. Not at all. :: roll eyes ::
 Valefor.Slore
Server: Valefor
user: Slore
By Valefor.Slore 2011-12-23 20:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont worry its so damn easy now its mindless, everyone can do everything damn near solo no skill required