Looking to Return to XI
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Carbuncle.Jabel
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-12-18 17:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Essentially you use 1 stone to enter, then by sticking with an xp pt alliance for a couple of weeks you will not have to use your own stones to re-enter, you exit with 120min and re-start with that time.
 Alexander.Chronos
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 17:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Jabel said: »
Sorry for being unclear. If you go with a pt you will still have to use a stone to get your time, but when you're done with the pt you will have mroe than 120min, so you can leave and re-enter without using stones. Nowadays even the worst xp pt will have you end with more than 120 min, which means your personal stock of stones will never go down. It just builds up and then grows when you add a celerity abyssite.

These are some good reads on how things work in Abyssea:
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea_Lights

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Abyssite
Ok, so if I understand you correctly, and based on some light reading I just did, I can:
Use my stone to get inside, get my visiter's pass for half hour, go in with a party and kill a ***-ton of monsters and gain extra time inside while I'm there, and then when I want to go back the next time I won't need to use another stone simply because I have time accumulated still? Or will the time accumulated just be added to the next time I enter with a stone?
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the 30 minutes with my first stone is 30 minutes if I were to just stand around in abysea, if I were to kill things that number could increase then
 Carbuncle.Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-12-18 17:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Each time you exit Abyssea your remaining time is kept, but capped at 120min. I've been in parties where I've have 1000+ min upon exiting. When you re-enter you simply select to use your remaining time and not use a stone. In fact, if you have 120min left you CAN'T use a stone when you re-enter. If you stick to doing parties and accumulating cruor you can use 1 stone and build up stock of stones as you save to buy Abyssite you will need for later, and stones for doing quests and such to get more abyssite and things done you will need for later.

Time extensions (TE) come from having high Azure light (from magic kills), and enough Pearl light (from melee kills) to get a high enough chest drop rate. Getting enough Azure and Pearl solo is hard, and take both knowledge and experience to do, and the right job that can do both. Parties are made with enough balance to have jobs getting the right kills made so you accomplish your goal. (ie. some parties are for farming cruor, some xp, and still others feet armor) When Abby first came out no one knew about lights and what they did. Then we focused on getting just the kills we wanted and avoided building too much of the wrong light. Now everyone just goes hog wild and kills anyway they can. Ppl just entering Abby pts will often use a WS and kill a mob @ 1-2% health left, and not turn to avoid getting kill shots, thus getting really poor quality chests to drop. This is mainly due to the fact that now you can kill mobs SO fast it simply doesn't matter.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 17:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Each time you exit Abyssea your remaining time is kept, but capped at 120min. I've been in parties where I've have 1000+ min upon exiting. When you re-enter you simply select to use your remaining time and not use a stone. In fact, if you have 120min left you CAN'T use a stone when you re-enter. If you stick to doing parties and accumulating cruor you can use 1 stone and build up stock of stones as you save to buy Abyssite you will need for later, and stones for doing quests and such to get more abyssite and things done you will need for later.

Time extensions (TE) come from having high Azure light (from magic kills), and enough Pearl light (from melee kills) to get a high enough chest drop rate. Getting enough Azure and Pearl solo is hard, and take both knowledge and experience to do, and the right job that can do both. Parties are made with enough balance to have jobs getting the right kills made so you accomplish your goal. (ie. some parties are for farming cruor, some xp, and still others feet armor) When Abby first came out no one knew about lights and what they did. Then we focused on getting just the kills we wanted and avoided building too much of the wrong light. Now everyone just goes hog wild and kills anyway they can. Ppl just entering Abby pts will often use a WS and kill a mob @ 1-2% health left, and not turn to avoid getting kill shots, thus getting really poor quality chests to drop. This is mainly due to the fact that now you can kill mobs SO fast it simply doesn't matter.
I see, so something like a magic burst would be nice to use for added bonus then?
 Carbuncle.Jabel
By Carbuncle.Jabel 2011-12-18 18:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I see, so something like a magic burst would be nice to use for added bonus then?
Faster kills, Azure kills, and yes faster kills means better. But...with A Blm 95-99 you can practically one-shot a mob now, so magic bursts are way less common. It's amazing to see a Blm 95 take a mob from 75-80% down to dead with 1 spell.

We had an AWESOME xp pt in Abby Ule the other day. A Thf would pull 6-8 Bluffalo at a time and 2 Blm would use Blizzaja or Thundaja and kill all of them in like 5 seconds. All of us poor melee folks would try and pull one off to the side to get some combat skill-ups, but they would just Thunder V it down. Oh man it was hilarious, and the xp rate was off the chart.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 18:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Faster kills, Azure kills, and yes faster kills means better. But...with A Blm 95-99 you can practically one-shot a mob now, so magic bursts are way less common. It's amazing to see a Blm 95 take a mob from 75-80% down to dead with 1 spell.

We had an AWESOME xp pt in Abby Ule the other day. A Thf would pull 6-8 Bluffalo at a time and 2 Blm would use Blizzaja or Thundaja and kill all of them in like 5 seconds. All of us poor melee folks would try and pull one off to the side to get some combat skill-ups, but they would just Thunder V it down. Oh man it was hilarious, and the xp rate was off the chart.
Oh awesome! I have a 66 BLM maybe I should look into using that for merits :P
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 18:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it looks like I'll be coming back onto the Shiva server since that's what I was merged into, if anyone would be so kind as to help me out ingame when I can return
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 18:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

1 shotting mobs only possible if your heavily geared and got the right atmas.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 18:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
Quote:

What are atmas? Ceour-bought advantages over abysea mobs? (spelt wrong)
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 18:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Chronos said: »
Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
Quote:

What are atmas? Ceour-bought advantages over abysea mobs? (spelt wrong)

Have Proto-Ultima title which is Atma of the ultimate or Atma of something from tier 3 VNM or Atma from Pandemonium Warden title.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a way to work on skill ups then? With all this speed leveling that I'm hearing about there must be a lot of gimpy players

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
SE increased the skillup rate to help and introduced a few pieces of skillup + food and skillup + gear
Right-o, looks like I'll need to work on my EVA cap all over again :/ always a joy
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-18 19:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Pull 50 mandies at once :o

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Chronos said: »
SE increased the skillup rate to help and introduced a few pieces of skillup + food and skillup + gear
Right-o, looks like I'll need to work on my EVA cap all over again :/ always a joy
you could have ~100hp/tick regen just a thf soloing, amongst many more equally crazy things. you'll pick it up easy no worries
100/tick ? o.0

That's POSSIBLE now?
Jeez max I remember was like, 5-7/tick without buffs lol
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jesus I feel like such a noob after being gone so long haha I used to know this game inside and out @.@

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

a heavy dd could just be sitting in jeuno now with like 12hp/tick or something crazy and a mage could be sitting in jeuno with 7mp/tick refresh with no buffs lol

yeah it's crazy and "Atma" with abyssea was what happened.
Craziness, lol

So please, tell me about dynamis!
I heard you can enter once per day now and you can do it alone. Also the zone is free for all and the drop pool is spread to everyone, is this true? Also is BST strong enough to solo with a jug pet in there?

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 19:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

beastmaster is hated because of that and unsportsmanlike behavior but yeah.

they added all new NMs and mobs since we're all high lvl and ***, with all new goals but everything else is still there including zone bosses and the like. Zones are all shared and mobs repop. it costs 50k for a one time key item to go in once a day yeah

"weakness targeting" is a huge part of the game now, in most content. if you learn as much as you can about that it will help your goals in the future
Weakness targetting? You mean the elemental wheel? Or just weakness in general. I saw a SS of an NM saying "now weak to derp type attacks"

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 20:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

in abyssea and in voidwatch you can acquire key items that let you get hints at a monsters weaknesses

"this is weak to ice magic!"
"highly vulnerable to dancer abilities"

etc and in general they give the mob some form of ailment like terror silence for a short time and usually boost drop rates of various things depending on the proc

in dynamis you don't get hints but the procs are based on the monsters job and many things can proc them.

Like you walk up to a white mage demon and cast flash, "the fiend is staggered!" and he is terrorized for ~20 seconds, loses the ability to 2 hour as an example and drops way more currency when you kill him. or a heavy melee job like warrior gets procced by your random weaponskill etc
Interesting, I'm sure it'll all make sense to me once I start playing again... I'm just waiting on the credit card in the mail now... It's been like 6 out of 6-9 work days so hopefully I'll be up and running soon :p

Also, I still have all my disks up to WotG for reinstalling the game (2003 CD hell yeah) but I wonder if it'd just be better to buy the whole set with all expansions online from SE? I've always had problems getting it to work on windows 7 after all
 Valefor.Altheav
Server: Valefor
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2011-12-18 20:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The drop pool in Dynamis isn't spread to everyone; just to your party/alliance. So if you're soloing, you'll get the drops for anything you kill yourself, but not drops from mobs that other people in zone kill.

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 20:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

the whole set is very handy, comes with an item with

2 costumes
and if your below lvl 31, also
infinite reraise
skillup rate +
movement +
auto refresh
auto regen

I found it handy with pitchfork +1 since pitchfork gives "movement + with a costume on" so you can pop custom and teleport, zone, go into mog etc and costume stays on. handy ***for any lvl, for running through hard zones or speed up running anywhere in general
All fine and dandy, if I wasn't at 5 level 75 jobs :P
Could you link me to the whole set though? I was just looking and couldn't find one with all 3 abyssea add-ons with it :/

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Chronos
By Alexander.Chronos 2011-12-18 20:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

sure, let me find the latest page. they might still be running a 50% promotion i saw recently
Awesome, ty
Hopefully it's still going until I get this card! Saving money is nice :D