Asura.Dragnorok
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2011-12-18 15:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Daffel said: »
Asura.Dragnorok said: »
havent seen anyone post anything on Avant Mail or Avant Mail +1 as a bridge till Ace's Mail drops. I swear waiting for that feels like im lvl 65 SAm and camping Mee-Degi the Punisher again, I bet he's up I'ms going to go kill him now...
NQ is ***. HQ probably beats out Byrnie +1 and F-mail/+1 from a fudo stand point. Ace's > all though, so I plan on continuing to man up and cry everytime it does not drop.

Yeah thats what I figured, I just got done with testing with it, just trying to get some new options out there.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 15:33:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sao. Domaru +2 augmented might be the best ws piece for sam depending on the overwhelm boost on it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 15:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

havent seen anyone post anything on Avant Mail or Avant Mail +1 as a bridge till Ace's Mail drops. I swear waiting for that feels like im lvl 65 SAm and camping Mee-Degi the Punisher again, I bet he's up I'ms going to go kill him now...
NQ is ***. HQ probably beats out Byrnie +1 and F-mail/+1 from a fudo stand point. Ace's > all though, so I plan on continuing to man up and cry everytime it does not drop.

Yeah thats what I figured, I just got done with testing with it, just trying to get some new options out there.

How about the Avant Cuisses +1? Those are pretty intense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: styleszuk
By Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos 2011-12-18 17:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

In a Exp PT, just 5/5 Shoha did 2hr, Red Curry Bun +1 and Tonics. Apoco, Stout Arm, and RR
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-18 18:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Sao. Domaru +2 augmented might be the best ws piece for sam depending on the overwhelm boost on it.

whoa.. what?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 18:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said: »

whoa.. what?

http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Sao._Domaru_%2B2
[+]
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 18:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

whoa.. what?

Thats hot if it's a good %.
 Ragnarok.Castellano
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-12-18 18:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Castellano said: »
im not jumping on the mythic bandwagon until we find out what afterglow is!

There is a mythic bandwagon now? Unless I missed something in the update are they still not near impossible to finish?

anything is possible if you put the time in. also see nyzul update :P
 Asura.Dragnorok
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2011-12-18 18:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
whoa.. what?
Thats hot if it's a good %.

wow thats awesome, just looked but 20k xp....oh well looks like ill be in dyna for a long time sam body blu body and blm head
 Carbuncle.Runejr
Server: Carbuncle
user: Runejr
By Carbuncle.Runejr 2011-12-18 19:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got my 85 Masamune not long ago but I guess like it was mentioned earlier I could Fudo at 300TP and spam Shoha with AM up. I kind of like the idea of not just using one WS forever.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2011-12-18 19:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you guys can just get a 99 Masamune lol...Base damage will poo on the store tp GKT anyday and you can still Fudo for aftermath. I'm also assuming that 99 masamune will have 20 str. So all of you that aren't dedicated samurais and think that shoha will make you godly because you can experience, go back to your lazy abyssea party's and have fun failing at this game lol....
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-18 19:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Or you guys can just get a 99 Masamune lol...Base damage will poo on the store tp GKT anyday and you can still Fudo for aftermath. I'm also assuming that 99 masamune will have 20 str. So all of you that aren't dedicated samurais and think that shoha will make you godly because you can experience, go back to your lazy abyssea party's and have fun failing at this game lol....
Somebody sounds mad.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Runejr
Server: Carbuncle
user: Runejr
By Carbuncle.Runejr 2011-12-18 19:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Somebody sounds mad.

^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Castellano
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-12-18 19:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

store tp GK? wut?
[+]
By Fupafighters 2011-12-18 20:22:10
Link | Quote | Reply

store tp GK? wut?
Haha TP bonus, my bad...
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-19 02:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

where exactly does a Masa come from?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-19 02:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Will probably be around 300 mil to buy the items needed for a level 99 emp.

99 Masamune does indeed have 20 str and glows.

But for 300 mil, I rather get 2 relics instead of some base damage and 5 str.

Or be a boss and get Kogarasumaru.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2011-12-19 03:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Your dumb... Game isn't all about weaponskill numbers noobs.... And can shoha double light, or give you occasionally double damage?....
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-19 03:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

whoa.. what?

Holy ***! Does every piece of gear get another buff? If so I can't wait to hammer out WHM legs!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-12-19 03:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Your dumb... Game isn't all about weaponskill numbers noobs.... And can shoha double light, or give you occasionally double damage?....

YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-12-19 03:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dirtyfinger said: »

YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR YOUR

ur
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-19 03:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

im not jumping on the mythic bandwagon until we find out what afterglow is!

There is a mythic bandwagon now? Unless I missed something in the update are they still not near impossible to finish?

anything is possible if you put the time in. also see nyzul update :P

Never spotted much info on what they did to nyzul isle D:. If anyone could link me I would love them forever <3 but will have a hunt around and see what I can find.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-19 03:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol SAM mythic would not only probably now be the best DDing option but can also turn SAM into a mean eva tank (lolsameva). So gil wise it would be a much better investment than 99ing masa.

I'm just casually saving the items as they drop to me but with my luck this puts me at 8/1500 ; ;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2011-12-19 03:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

1. If you really are in an all out zerg situation, skillchaining can be difficult to complete due to everyone spamming weaponskills

2. Shoha can't give double damage, but with the mythic OA2~3 is intense when paired with shoha WS frequency > double damage on lolmeele sam DoT

3. Nobody is saying that masamune is useless now, in fact it got better (for zerg situations) and its still decent for situations where you are dealing large amounts of damage in short periods of separated time, and situational lowman usage. Now you can ride aftermath from a 300tp fudo, and spam shoha, which takes advantage of all parts of the weapon. However when it comes to generating the strongest actual weaponskill with samurai, TP bonus gk and shoha takes the cake. Depending on skillchain damage has so many variables that you can't really control (other players for example)

tl;dr
learn how to use the proper GK for the situation you are using
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-19 03:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add mythic AM3 I read somewhere procs on WSs!!!!
By Fupafighters 2011-12-19 04:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

1. If you really are in an all out zerg situation, skillchaining can be difficult to complete due to everyone spamming weaponskills

2. Shoha can't give double damage, but with the mythic OA2~3 is intense when paired with shoha WS frequency > double damage on lolmeele sam DoT

3. Nobody is saying that masamune is useless now, in fact it got better (for zerg situations) and its still decent for situations where you are dealing large amounts of damage in short periods of separated time, and situational lowman usage. Now you can ride aftermath from a 300tp fudo, and spam shoha, which takes advantage of all parts of the weapon. However when it comes to generating the strongest actual weaponskill with samurai, TP bonus gk and shoha takes the cake. Depending on skillchain damage has so many variables that you can't really control (other players for example)

tl;dr
Yep mythic is #1 no doubt lol...but i have never seen ONE...Masa still trumps out the POS tp bonus weapon...there would be no way it would lose.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2011-12-19 05:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr
Yep mythic is #1 no doubt lol...but i have never seen ONE...Masa still trumps out the POS tp bonus weapon...there would be no way it would lose.
You sound like one of these guys who discovered SAM when Masamune came out, totally remind me of the old Shinsoku vs Hagun butthurt.

Seeing how the game is nowadays, it's not hard at all to just get every single GK existing, very fast, except Kogarasumaru unless ... you actually played the game before 2010 and have everything completed except the Alex part.

I'm relieved to have a goal that goes beyond completing Masamune and doing trials for Amano, the game becomes interesting again.

@Daffel: SAM never needed Kogarasumaru to tank anything, neither did it rely on eva for stuff that matters. The bonus that Kogarasumaru gives to Third Eye doesn't really help tanking the way you think, it's not defensive.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2011-12-19 05:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

tl;dr
You sound like one of these guys who discovered SAM when Masamune came out, totally remind me of the old Shinsoku vs Hagun butthurt.

Seeing how the game is nowadays, it's not hard at all to just get every single GK existing, very fast, except Kogarasumaru unless ... you actually played the game before 2010 and have everything completed except the Alex part.

I'm relieved to have a goal that goes beyond completing Masamune and doing trials for Amano, the game becomes interesting again.

@Daffel: SAM never needed Kogarasumaru to tank anything, neither did it rely on eva for stuff that matters. The bonus that Kogarasumaru gives to Third Eye doesn't really help tanking the way you think, it's not defensive.
Nah i played well before that lol...i loved the old days of hagun 1k gekko.... Just pisses me off when people think that all there is to samurai is TP this TP that...SC and tp phase actually matter...I know a guy who runs around sam/nin in abyssea with his kirins osode and varangian helm and such on claiming to be good because he has a masamune...lets just say his fudo do about 1k....People dont UNDERSTAND THEIR JOBS anymore :/
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 38 39 40