First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2011-12-17 20:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
why do people who get emps figure aftermath procs on ws, if that were the case you would see people doing 8k Shoha's outside, when you see yourself doing 4k it's cause of double attack, not your aftermath.
I figured the answer was no. I was just hopeful it would. I don't have the Masa at 85 yet otherwise I'd have tested myself. I hoped that since in abby you can use the damn soboro and still get the same dmg on Shoha maybe Masa or Amano would get a boost. Especially if you use the TP Bonus GK that is silly easy to get you get a sick boost in dmg output. I am not complaining by any means I love Shoha just put in a lot of effort to get my masa complete and would hate for it to get out done by a neo-hagun that is all.
 Ragnarok.Castellano
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-12-18 00:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

im not jumping on the mythic bandwagon until we find out what afterglow is!
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-12-18 00:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Castellano said: »

I still think it just makes the weapon glow. =x
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 01:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Greggles said: »

That's all it is.
 Ragnarok.Castellano
By Ragnarok.Castellano 2011-12-18 01:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

its known now?
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 01:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Lakshmi.Greggles said: »

That's all it is.

99 Aegis: A player version of the GM shield?
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 01:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its known now?

It's known that 99 relics/mythics/emps glow, so the logical conclusion is that afterglow makes them glow.

They most likely get some other sort of boosts to their ws and hidden buffs, but it's most likely that afterglow only causes them to glow.

Can't say anything for certain, be it buffs or whatnot for awhile since you can't even do the trials yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
Server: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-18 01:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What about hidden effect: Frame Rate -5?

Less FPS = Less frames spent on not attacking = faster attack speed
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 01:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 haste takes time to proc, now with additional afterglow effect
[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-12-18 02:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Leviathan.Snakeslice said: »
So in the case of this high ftp and high str mod WS, the str may actually be better, but I couldn't tell you an actual answer with doing all the correct math.
Uhhh no. Adding 10 STR to 100 STR gives you less boost than giving it to 90 STR. This should be obvious without any calculation.

Asura.Kaisuko said: »
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
I don't believe Masa would be that far behind, just use Fudo to keep aftermath up and use Shoha otherwise. Your WS numbers won't be as high as neo-hagun's, but DoT could pull ahead. Same goes for Amano and I read somewhere that Mythic GK basically blows everything out of the water now.

Wait what's so good about mythic gkt now? For some reason I always heard it was trash haha.
I can't remember where I read it, but having high DMG riding the OA2-3 basically destroys DoT wise.

Edit: feels impossible to search for it because people either refer to it as mythic or koga(which brings up so much about ninja relic xD).
I really want to hear the real argument on this. SAM is more of WS spamming machine than DoT (far from it, in fact). If there's a favorable condition where keeping OA2-3 attack most of the time, the fight must be long and extremely lenient.

Being that Dot refers to damage over time, and ws's over time do, well, damage over time they're actually correlated with each other =)

Of course sam is more based on WS's, but thats whole point - that the mythic attacks 2-3 times adds to that. Maybe its not what SAM normally does but that doesn't mean doing it doesn't make it better. Besides more attacks = more tp = more ws's "that should be obvious without calculation". you sound mad.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 02:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, AM3 lasts for 3 minutes and OA2-3 on mythics procs on ws.

Something that seems to be not mentioned here.

Also, all new relevant content you'll be engaged for quite a long time which helps mythics even more.

Abyssea is over, by the way.

Edit: Mythics let you gain tp faster and ws harder, and now that Shoha is sam's best ws, you get to do what sam's do, but a lot better.

I don't know where the notion that AM3 only increases your white damage (melee hits) only. It's a massive boost to tp gain.
[+]
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 02:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, all new relevant content you'll be engaged for quite a long time which helps mythics even more.

Edit: Mythics let you gain tp faster and ws harder, and now that Shoha is sam's best ws, you get to do what sam's do, but a lot better.

I don't know where the notion that AM3 only increases your white damage (melee hits) only. It's a massive boost to tp gain.

Looks like us Fudo Sams got gutted -_-
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-18 03:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I believe riding AM3 on masamune and spamming shoha while AM is up is a decent option. Maybe just alternating Fudo for AM1 and Shoha when it's up.

I still think it's above the TP bonus magian gkt, and under amano and koga. Still a nice option to have. Not really anything "bad" happening. It still is making your weapon/job better.
 Bahamut.Novadragon
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-18 03:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I believe riding AM3 on masamune and spamming shoha while AM is up is a decent option. Maybe just alternating Fudo for AM1 and Shoha when it's up.

I still think it's above the TP bonus magian gkt, and under amano and koga. Still a nice option to have. Not really anything "bad" happening. It still is making your weapon/job better.

I can understand about the WOE versions since they don't really perform well w/o the original weapon anyway.
 Ragnarok.Psych
user: jedijoel
By Ragnarok.Psych 2011-12-18 03:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I like how they made Tachi: Shoha stronger than Fudo (and other WS for that matter.)

I mean, at least we now have some variety. With VW right now, you get dusty wing every freaking second which makes keeping AM3 for Masa up easily allowing Masa users to keep ODD up 90% of the time and at the same allow the use of a stronger WS.

I don't know why Masamune people feel like they got nerfed because of this WS. If anything, it made SAM a stronger DD - stronger than your average Ukko's WAR / Vere Monk.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-12-18 04:03:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Fonseca said: »
I see what your saying but I just checked you and you don't have Masa or Amano. So maybe you shouldn't be saying anything? I have both and my main is SAM and I am going for Mythic and I hope it burns like some other owners have told me. I guess I'll just roll with the punches.

Why are you complaining so much? I just finished my amano and dont regret it (also have 90 masamune). Both weapons offer different utilities. Use 300tp fudo and ride AM3 while spaming Shoha. If you are using amano, you don't even need AM for hidden damage proc, you can keep the ACC and build a better tp set around that, all while spamming Shoha again. Not to mention the STR that is on masamune.

I'm still 1/5 into shoha, but seeing what some sub-par SAMs can pull off with it in Voidwatch makes me pretty optimistic that a good empy/relic/mythic SAM can pull pretty far ahead of a SAM with tp bonus GK and many DD in general now.

You main SAM, you have 2 great weapon for the job, and now you have one of the best WS in the game, enjoy your main job being on or near the top :D
[+]
 Ragnarok.Daffel
user: daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-18 06:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »

LOOOLed, people think this just because they can no longer spam fudo blindly. SAM outside abyssea was always a strongest DD "contender" and now we have an even better WS which will just put us more in contention.

As mentioned earlier, 300tp > fudo to ride aftermath then Shoha spam
By javelinx 2011-12-18 06:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not 5/5 yet for shoha, but noticing a lot of shoha 3-5k dmg ws's from peoples pics, atmas are VV/SB/a+o or apoc from what i gather...3-5k is what i was getting on boartraps this morning in mis with kaiten (95 amano), using RR/A+O and Apoc, along with 550 avg dmg melee hits, and shoha was decent with the same atma set, but i didn't have time to try a diff set at the time. was getting avg of about 3k with shoha, with high of 5200, and lows of 1500~ (assuming 2nd hit missed on those), my avg kaiten was about 3500 with a high of 5700 and change. just interested in atma sets most folks are using for it, also i was not using the gorget, as i had justiciars on me at the time.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-18 07:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

javelinx said: »
I'm not 5/5 yet for shoha, but noticing a lot of shoha 3-5k dmg ws's from peoples pics, atmas are VV/SB/a+o or apoc from what i gather...3-5k is what i was getting on boartraps this morning in mis with kaiten (95 amano), using RR/A+O and Apoc, along with 550 avg dmg melee hits, and shoha was decent with the same atma set, but i didn't have time to try a diff set at the time. was getting avg of about 3k with shoha, with high of 5200, and lows of 1500~ (assuming 2nd hit missed on those), my avg kaiten was about 3500 with a high of 5700 and change. just interested in atma sets most folks are using for it, also i was not using the gorget, as i had justiciars on me at the time.

If I was in abyssea as SAM it would probably be the usual of VV, RR and apoc but I usually WHM. Also you would probably be better off seeing how the WS fairs against high end content outside abyssea, the SS posted are nice to see but kind of moot since aby finished at 90 and WAR/SAM could beat anything SAM can do in there anyway.

I'm working on getting 5/5 before I start gearing differently. Until then I will continue to us my fudo sets which are posted on my profile. Will be looking to change the -acc gear I have shortly as that will have a larger impact on shoha and Ace's mail still refuses to drop =|
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-18 07:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Mesic said: »
Of course sam is more based on WS's, but thats whole point - that the mythic attacks 2-3 times adds to that. Maybe its not what SAM normally does but that doesn't mean doing it doesn't make it better. Besides more attacks = more tp = more ws's "that should be obvious without calculation". you sound mad.
You sound like you need to school someone
AM3 lasts for 3 minutes and OA2-3 on mythics procs on ws.
such statement is suffice to let me, who was under impression mythics AM3 only lasts about 90 secs~120 secs, notice how kogarasumaru can be the most powerful weapon in that regard.
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-18 08:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a mythic bandwagon now? Unless I missed something in the update are they still not near impossible to finish?
By javelinx 2011-12-18 08:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

still outside abyssea 3k~ isnt anything special in dyna with any decent buffs up, kaiten is about equal, but so far 2/3 merits is closer to kaiten/fudo than all the other ws's, and i haven't even attempted to adjust atmas
 Bismarck.Aerison
Server: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-12-18 08:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit testing ***with atmas and abyssites
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-12-18 09:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Aerison said: »
Quit testing ***with atmas and abyssites
 Asura.Dragnorok
user: Dragnorok
By Asura.Dragnorok 2011-12-18 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

havent seen anyone post anything on Avant Mail or Avant Mail +1 as a bridge till Ace's Mail drops. I swear waiting for that feels like im lvl 65 SAm and camping Mee-Degi the Punisher again, I bet he's up I'ms going to go kill him now...
 Fenrir.Unaisis
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-12-18 10:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

1800-3500ish on those VT turtles and worms in gustav tunnel for me~

Abyssea average 4-5k, spikes of 6-7k
 Ragnarok.Daffel
By Ragnarok.Daffel 2011-12-18 11:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dragnorok said: »
havent seen anyone post anything on Avant Mail or Avant Mail +1 as a bridge till Ace's Mail drops. I swear waiting for that feels like im lvl 65 SAm and camping Mee-Degi the Punisher again, I bet he's up I'ms going to go kill him now...

NQ is ***. HQ probably beats out Byrnie +1 and F-mail/+1 from a fudo stand point. Ace's > all though, so I plan on continuing to man up and cry everytime it does not drop.
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2011-12-18 11:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick observation, I see Shoha has an attack bonus of at most 50% boost.
EDIT: I'm not sure anymore

My regular 2-hit Shoha landed about 2.4k. When receiving Demoralizing Roar (50% attack down), my 2-hit Shoha reduced to 1.7k-1.8k range.
1750/2400 = 72.9% damage
72.9% damage/50%attack remaining = ~145% attack boost.

ADD:
If I overshoot the attack, that means the cap already happen below 100% of my attack, making the actual decrease is less than 50% attack.
ADD #2:
Ugh.. My total atk during WS is about 700, but if it actually caps at 500 attack, then -150 attack on 500 attack is 30% attack down, which is pretty much no attack boost at all.
If caps happen on 400 atk, then it doesn't make sense anymore other than the scaling factor is really huge after certain point.

I think we need proper testing than this eyeballing.

Not accurate, but that's the rough picture.

EDIT: This may be terribly wrong calculation, give me couple mins to fix.
EDIT #2: OK, added "at most" in the conclusion above. Still not correct enough, give me some more time to think the actual logic.
EDIT #3: This is weird... I'm not sure anymore.

Details:
I think my Shoha is at capped attack though.
My STR on WS set is 92+69 on SAM/DNC add another probably +40STR from cruor buff in A-Grauberg. Making my WSC at 170
100(Keito+3) + 19(fSTR capped) + 170(WSC) = 289 base
289 (base) * 3.15(TP at 200) * 2.2(2h capped pDIF) * 1.19(overwhelm) = ~2383
[+]
 Fenrir.Unaisis
user: Sansui
By Fenrir.Unaisis 2011-12-18 11:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »
Just a quick observation, I see Shoha has attack bonus similar to Yukikaze, it's 50% attack boost.

My regular 2-hit Shoha landed about 2.4k. When receiving Demoralizing Roar (50% attack down), my 2-hit Shoha reduced to 1.7k-1.8k range.
1750/2400 = 72.9% damage
72.9% damage/50%attack = ~145% attack boost.

Not accurate, but that's the rough picture.

EDIT: This may be terribly wrong calculation, give me couple mins to fix.

i experienced this with that Atk down move from worms. its devastating T.T;;;

Edit:: i should also Add that Red Curry is Awesome when using Shoha O.o;; tho red curry makes alot of things awesome XD
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2011-12-18 12:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »

Like it always should of been hehe emps are way easier to get than relic/mythic
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 38 39 40