Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-16 14:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Bahamut.Serj said: »
You guys don't seem to understand that it is basically impossible to get that many PW done.

I don't understand what's hard to grasp about turning in 10 naul plates every single hour for 4 or 8 straight years without missing a single in game day.

Which is why it will be changed if in fact, that is the trial.

I know, but people keep saying they rather it be kept like this so every person can't get it done etc. Fact of the matter is, hardly anyone will ever get a mythic done, so putting absurd requirements on finishing the weapon is stupid as hell considering they're already the most difficult/time consuming items to get in the entire game by a landslide.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-12-16 14:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

99 Empy. Not happening for me!!
 Asura.Floorboss
Server: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2011-12-16 14:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont feel bad 95 empy weapon not happing for me im not even tring to do it.
 Phoenix.Pooman
Server: Phoenix
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2011-12-16 14:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If it is an unreasonable number, maybe SE is relying on this:

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »

to make things go faster.
That, along with the fact that you buy it (it isn't rare/ex), it isn't a totally far-fetched idea to believe that it will be a pretty high number.
By Foldypaws 2011-12-16 18:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiznor said: »
Pretty much this.Everyone is still in the abyssea mindset.Remember when relics took 2 years,not 2 months? When those 2 years involved taking 20+ people into dyna,and not just 2 people,one of which was your dual box.Bring back the 18+ man linkshell,bring back the helping people in your LS upgrade their top tier weapon for the good of the linkshell without everyone being focused on just themselves!!!

You will note that those "2 years" was 7 hours a week, for two years.

That's spending 1 hour out of every 24 on a relic.

To just build the *pops* for the new trials you need to spend *24 hours* out of every 24, for four years.

That means it takes about 50 times longer than old relics did, in terms of actual time people have to put in.

Anything over 10 PW drops is insane. That *still* equates to 2 years of 7 hours a week, or the same time commitment of a classic relic.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-12-16 19:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floorboss said: »
Dont feel bad 95 empy weapon not happing for me im not even tring to do it.
I am about a third of the way done with 95 Ukko's. In a year or 2 I may even be done!!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-16 19:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol u fewell obviously u need 2 use 8 accounts so you can finish in 6 months lololnoob

I want to believe that the test server trial list was a factor of 100 inflated over what they were actually considering, but it's SE.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-12-17 00:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

There a difference between being to buy all the items and farming items. Buying is a lot faster to do than collecting items. Yes it took people 1-2 years to build relics. It also took a lot of people a lot less than that if they had gil. If I wanted to do something that took awhile, I would have done mythic.

I don't see why SE doesn't give the option to throw gil at something to get something done faster. After all, relics cost gil to build.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-12-17 00:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You people....

It's still needed to be 4 years of constant time being worked towards pops by anyone to get one mythic to 99.

I really, really, really don't get what's hard to see about the current trial being completely absurd.

As Foldypaws said, that's not even casual farming like relics and all other weapons with forced time sinks (limited amount of time you can do x event per x amount of time). That's devoting every hour your of time nonstop, 24/7/365 for four years.

There is no reasonable logic behind that. Putting the trial at a high amount is saying "*** you, you will never have your mythic be level 99".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Akkarinn
Server: Ragnarok
user: Camosan
By Ragnarok.Akkarinn 2011-12-17 09:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

And people thought plates were bad...
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-12-17 11:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they'll be adding PW keys as rewards from the new Nyzul/Salvage.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2011-12-18 07:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Marrow - Confirmed to drop off Arch DL. Rubby has one in Bazaar.
 Sylph.Zohnax
Server: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-12-18 07:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Unctgtg said: »
Marrow - Confirmed to drop off Arch DL. Rubby has one in Bazaar.
Swear to god, better not be more than 5 for the trial.
 Odin.Elmodfz
Server: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2011-12-18 07:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone tell me what/where the new weather geodes drop? I'm talking about Garudite etc. There is nothing on wiki about how to get them, and no comments on this site under the item that is of any use.

I figure they will be quite difficult to get hence why I want a head start lol.
By Quiznor 2011-12-18 07:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Elmodfz said: »
Can someone tell me what/where the new weather geodes drop? I'm talking about Garudite etc. There is nothing on wiki about how to get them, and no comments on this site under the item that is of any use.

I figure they will be quite difficult to get hence why I want a head start lol.

They drop under the same conditions as geodes.From all the xp parties and stuff I've seen,geodes drop on a 2:1 likelyhood as oppose to the new ones
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-18 07:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't get why everyone thinks SE will lower the number. They didn't for plates, they wont for this.

We are at 99 now, and this is end game. Instead of giving us GOOD content worthwhile and fun to do, they will give us endless time sinks.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-12-18 08:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said: »
I really don't get why everyone thinks SE will lower the number. They didn't for plates, they wont for this.

We are at 99 now, and this is end game. Instead of giving us GOOD content worthwhile and fun to do, they will give us endless time sinks.
Because Relics/Mythics have done their share of grinding for items. Empyreans haven't.
While we may be at about the end of the game, they're only going to bring about the end of the game sooner by ticking the playerbase off. Granted, it's their game and they want to make more money from it, but all things should be considered which would keep most people happy and still wanting to play it.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-18 08:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to forget. Its SE.

In their mind, if you want the "final" form of your weapon, any of the 3, they feel like you should work for it.

While its crazy to want this much, its what people have been crying for "get rid of easy mode! we want hard mode, pre-abyssea again!"

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-12-18 08:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People seem to forget. Its SE.

In their mind, if you want the "final" form of your weapon, any of the 3, they feel like you should work for it.

While its crazy to want this much, its what people have been crying for "get rid of easy mode! we want hard mode, pre-abyssea again!"

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.
Yeah... I could easily see them thinking that, unfortunately.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-18 08:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is just an idiotic mind set.

How can you even try to defend this one or see it "Their" way.

Arch Dynamis Lord requires: 1 Rarity Drop from NMs, the Bijou.

Then it requires FIVE pop items which also come from NMs.

That implies you need to kill, 5 NMs. After killing god knows how many regular monsters for pop items, simply to get more pop items, then to kill one of the hardest monsters in the game. You can probably kill one, once every day. Assuming you have a substantial group to take him down, that's going to want to do this 1,000 times.

So let's say you can get a group to kill it once a day, that's 1,000 days regardless. So, relic's didn't take you 3 years to make you say!? Think again new people!

It's absolutely ridiculous.

You can't even compare this to plates, people do VW on a regular basis. The market is filled with plates. Who does Arch DL shouts every day enough to flood the market to even be allowed to pay 100k for one? No one.

You think whoever gets 1, is going to sell it for 100k?
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-12-18 08:47:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I think its right? Not really.

Do I think SE thinks its right? Ofc.

You all wanted hard mode and things to mean something again. There you go.
[+]
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2011-12-18 09:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

This is going to backfire on them HARD. Even people this doesn't directly affect will be turned off by the sheer sadism of these trials if they remain as is.

I realize SE wants completed ultimate weapons to be rare and special, and in that these trials will surely succeed. But, is a time sink that hardly anyone participates in really a time sink? I think by doing this, SE will end up shortening more subscriptions than they lengthen. At some point you have to let the donkey catch the carrot. Once he knows he can't, he won't be there to pull you along anymore.
 Ragnarok.Unctgtg
user: Dbill
By Ragnarok.Unctgtg 2011-12-18 09:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I really do hope the 1000, 500 for relics and mythics on the test server are just place holders for trials.... because honestly if it is 1000, then I'll just keep my level 95 relic, and SE can *** themselves.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Akron
user: Rufy
By Ragnarok.Akron 2011-12-18 18:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do I think its right? Not really.

Do I think SE thinks its right? Ofc.

You all wanted hard mode and things to mean something again. There you go.
This trials arent hard man this trials are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE... there's no way someone can do that many Arch DL and or PW... I'm an hardcore player, but im not *** going to partecipate in a so nonsense trial... I would rly prefer to slay down 10k mobs with mercy stroke or catastrophe...
There is a great difference between an hard trial and an impossible one... noone will even try to do it cause it is a sick trial.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-18 19:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If you ask anyone whose fought Arch Diabolos is way harder than Arch DL though, careful what you ask for
Arch Diabolos may be "harder" by some definition, but any competent group is going to have a better clear rate against Diabolos than Arch DL. DL is basically a shell game, pick the wrong copy and you lose.
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-12-18 19:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
1000 VWNM drops: ok
1000 (potential) Diabolos/DL (please no arch dl -.-) drops: mmmmm *** :/
1000 PW drops: *** that SE *** that so hard. I dont plan on a mythic but that's just not cool to anyone having one unless they completely change how to pop ZNM

sidenote: I used to taker pictures of flowers in sea for zeni that doesn't expire back at 75. what are people doing now for it and how many points per plate?
If you ask anyone whose fought Arch Diabolos is way harder than Arch DL though, careful what you ask for
pictures of baby fafnir mobs in abyssea tahrongi, never expire, give ~100 per plate
*edit fafnir not fenrir, ty XD
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-12-18 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean fafnir? :x
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-12-18 19:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i am not happy about these trials, however, these are the ultimate end game weapons! level cap isn't going to rise from lvl 99 (at least not for a very very long time) these are the best of the best, your suppose dt ospend the next few years or more to do these. this is hard, this is how ffxi shoudl be, not everyone shoudl be walking around with a glowy weapon.... i am sad tho i'm looking at 2+ years farming alexandrite, and 2+ years spamming pandemonium warden.. bleh

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.