Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH relic +2
SCH relic +2
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2011-12-22 14:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Best bet for Curing these days 50% potency plus all W/D bonuses. This gives you a 31.5% recast timer reduction (not counting haste) under Light Arts. If you aren't aligned with W/D I would make sure you end in a haste belt and the Veela Cape.

With SE giving SCHs and RDMs the finger the best way compensate is to cut that recast timer down as much as possible.

Edit: Anyone know what the +2 feet Fast Cast value is yet?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-12-22 15:05:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda curious about how much fastcast is on the feet. Seeing that it originally enhances alacrity and celerity by adding 10% more to the spell's casting time / Recast time, I wanted to assume it would be the same for fast cast, however SE hardly released any single pieces that has has up to at least 10% fast cast. I'm saving up the forgotten steps just in case if it's worth getting.

Now for Argute Mortarboard +2, was there any difference to the spellcasting time from the NQ version?
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-12-24 03:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Best bet for Curing these days 50% potency plus all W/D bonuses. This gives you a 31.5% recast timer reduction (not counting haste) under Light Arts. If you aren't aligned with W/D I would make sure you end in a haste belt and the Veela Cape.

With SE giving SCHs and RDMs the finger the best way compensate is to cut that recast timer down as much as possible.

Edit: Anyone know what the +2 feet Fast Cast value is yet?

This is the set i had in mind, af2+2 > hyskos is what i'd rather have.
And Tefnut/Genbu's (aug'd) is still viable yes?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-12-24 06:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The Mortarboard +2 does indeed enhance "grimoire: reduces spellcasting time" even further. I tried as scholar / ninja naked without and so to not have fast cast.

I used reraise because the recast was 1 minute.

used with light arts ended up with 54 second recast

used with light arts with mortarboard +1 ended with 51 recast.

with light arts and +2 mortarboard ended with 48 seconds recast
[+]
By sleepstudy 2011-12-24 13:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm...Im thinking SE wants SCH to be the king of Cursna!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kimmy
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-12-24 14:12:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The +2 feet are 2% fast cast and do -65% for the job abilities
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-24 14:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kimora said: »
The +2 feet are 2% fast cast and do -65% for the job abilities

huh -65% JAs? what u mean ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-12-24 14:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The normal quality and +1 boots change the job abilities from 50% recast/casting to 60%. The +2 make it 65%.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-24 14:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The normal quality and +1 boots change the job abilities from 50% recast/casting to 60%. The +2 make it 65%.

interesting im wondering then if the af2+2 body sublimation effected is boosted then?....
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-12-24 18:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, the body is sublimation +2
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-24 18:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Do u have the full +2 set? im curious what the "Enhances Stormsurge" on the relic+2 feet does
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-12-24 21:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Storm surge is +5 for the single stat spells, and +3 for dark weather
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-12-24 21:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Storm surge is +5 for the single stat spells, and +3 for dark weather

i know that but relic+2 feet "enhance Stomrmsurge" after completing final trial for feet
 Quetzalcoatl.Kimora
By Quetzalcoatl.Kimora 2011-12-24 21:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Spells that add 7 to a stat get +5, for +12 total. Dark weather gets +3, for +6 to all stats
By sleepstudy 2011-12-24 22:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Spells that add 7 to a stat get +5, for +12 total. Dark weather gets +3, for +6 to all stats

Do you have to leave the feet on? Or is it just when casting the spell?
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-25 00:50:05
Link | Quote | Reply

just when casting and its 1 per merit on stormsurge (to be more exact)
By sleepstudy 2011-12-25 10:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn said: »
just when casting and its 1 per merit on stormsurge (to be more exact)

Its by no means a profound difference, but still pretty nice to have. Id like to know what the other "enhances" do for the other pieces...in fact, Id like to know what they do for all the pieces for every job lol.
By sleepstudy 2011-12-27 19:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Cuelebra said: »
Do u have the full +2 set? im curious what the "Enhances Stormsurge" on the relic+2 feet does

How do u get the enhanced +2 versions anyways?
 Odin.Almont
Server: Odin
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2011-12-30 17:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

20,000 xp gained in a specific Dynamis zone while target item is equipped, after upgrading the item to +2, as listed here, near bottom of the page.

BG Wiki said:
Relic Armor and Relic Armor +1 can both be upgraded to Relic Armor +2 using Trial of the Magians by turning in 50 or 30 of the correct "Forgotten" items, respectively. They can then be further upgraded and augmented by gaining 20,000 Experience Points in the zones where the NQ AF drops.
 Odin.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Odin.Warusha 2011-12-31 05:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

How have people been earning xp in dynamis so quickly? Any suggestions for getting these trials done?
[+]
 Odin.Seconds
user: s0jik
By Odin.Seconds 2011-12-31 06:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Emperor band.
And fighting mobs that con DC to 99.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-31 09:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

you know those amazing novaniel rings that we got a couple months back? yeah they have a use now.
By Syuveil 2012-01-05 13:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the +2 augmented pieces that enhance group 2 stratgems do something useful like reduce the stratgem cost from 2 to 1?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-05 21:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Syuveil said: »
Do the +2 augmented pieces that enhance group 2 stratgems do something useful like reduce the stratgem cost from 2 to 1?

I sort of doubt this since many of the Augment pieces enhance Group II merits by a certain degree depending how many points are put into them. My guess is probably just either more M.ACC or -enimty or an additional effect like extended duration on enfeebles or something. Would be grateful if someone could test it!
By Syuveil 2012-01-06 23:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
I sort of doubt this since many of the Augment pieces enhance Group II merits by a certain degree depending how many points are put into them. My guess is probably just either more M.ACC or -enimty or an additional effect like extended duration on enfeebles or something. Would be grateful if someone could test it!

Your probably right just wishful thinking on my part lol.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-19 07:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally finished my relic+2 hat trial and did a little testing. 1/5 Focalization would sometimes consume only one stratagems rather than two and 5/5 Focalization, it would always consume only one stratagem. I'm assuming it's 20%/40%/60%/80%/100%. Also, even if you have 5/5 Focalization, you still need at least 2 stratagems available to use it. ex. You used up 4 stratagems and only have 1 stratagem, Focalization would be unavailable for use until another stratagem is charged. Hoping there's more to it to be honest...

I'm also assuming this would be the same for the hands and other merit abilities.

Also, the leg piece extends the duration of Tabula Rasa by 30 seconds.
By Tandava 2012-01-30 23:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, wait, wait.

It is still Sublimation II on the Argute Gown +2? xD
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-31 00:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I finally finished my relic+2 hat trial and did a little testing. 1/5 Focalization would sometimes consume only one stratagems rather than two and 5/5 Focalization, it would always consume only one stratagem. I'm assuming it's 20%/40%/60%/80%/100%. Also, even if you have 5/5 Focalization, you still need at least 2 stratagems available to use it. ex. You used up 4 stratagems and only have 1 stratagem, Focalization would be unavailable for use until another stratagem is charged. Hoping there's more to it to be honest...

I'm also assuming this would be the same for the hands and other merit abilities.

EDIT: derp

That augment will be changed when they reduce it to 1 stratagem before long btw.

EDIT2: Translations from a JP source say it will be macc bonus for spells matching current weather.
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-31 07:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

EDIT: derp

That augment will be changed when they reduce it to 1 stratagem before long btw.

EDIT2: Translations from a JP source say it will be macc bonus for spells matching current weather.

Yup, posted a week prior to the job adjustment announcement. Quite impressive how they were able test %MACC bonus.