user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-13 11:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
TP:
ItemSet 204976

Barrage:
ItemSet 247158

Bodies differ on the mob. Khepri for Legionesk mobs i.e. "I need the R.acc.", swap in Hachiryu Haramaki on mobs where less R.acc. is needed. Kacura Harness +1 is also an option.

For both TP and Barrage, Sylvan +2 is the best body, regardless of mob. The is a documented damage boost associated with the body and velocity shot being up, that outweighs anything else at the moment.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
TP:
ItemSet 204976

Barrage:
ItemSet 247158

Bodies differ on the mob. Khepri for Legionesk mobs i.e. "I need the R.acc.", swap in Hachiryu Haramaki on mobs where less R.acc. is needed. Kacura Harness +1 is also an option.

For both TP and Barrage, Sylvan +2 is the best body, regardless of mob. The is a documented damage boost associated with the body and velocity shot being up, that outweighs anything else at the moment.
Link ? I've only heard speculation on it actually giving the ranged dmg boost and as much as Helel will take it to the grave with him I won't believe it until I see that it actually does give a ranged dmg boost
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 11:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

TP:
ItemSet 204976

Barrage:
ItemSet 247158

Link ? I've only heard speculation on it actually giving the ranged dmg boost and as much as Helel will take it to the grave with him I won't believe it until I see that it actually does give a ranged dmg boost

Sylvan Caban +2 "enhances velocity shot"...doubt it increases pet haste while it up...
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Mileslong said: »
TP:
ItemSet 204976

Barrage:
ItemSet 247158

Sylvan Caban +2 "enhances velocity shot"...doubt it increases pet haste while it up...
sigh, did you even know that it reduces your ranged delay by 10% with Velocity Shot up? >.>;
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 11:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is Helel's testing regarding the Tessera v. Sylvan +2 body and the enhance damage with Velocity Shot claim.

Helel's Testing
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 11:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Here is Helel's testing regarding the Tessera v. Sylvan +2 body and the enhance damage with Velocity Shot claim.

Helel's Testing
I can't rly determine what kind of DMG boost that would be if any. I would assume maybe a 5% boost (from w/ berserk #'s) but I'm still not convinced lol.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 12:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure Helel will chime in here soon.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-13 12:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no damage boost. All the damage from his post all fall within possible values, even after I corrected all of his math.
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 12:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel's Testing
I can't rly determine what kind of DMG boost that would be if any. I would assume maybe a 5% boost (from w/ berserk #'s) but I'm still not convinced lol.

you wanted a link, he provided it with outwieghing evidence and now your still in denile?

Gaspee, people like ^ should play bst.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-13 12:17:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot all English grammar reading that post.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 12:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel's Testing

you wanted a link, he provided it with outwieghing evidence and now your still in denile?

Gaspee, people like ^ should play bst.

Oh, I cannot agree with you. Generic is a fine RNG.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
There is no damage boost. All the damage from his post all fall within possible values, even after I corrected all of his math.

Interesting. Well, I'm no tester, but I'm sure he will defend his data somehow.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-13 12:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at his G. Colbri test, his gear listed is 606 or 633 r. attack based on if it does or doesn't give extra attack. Not 594. fSTR is also 30 not 32. With how close he was to the mob, assuming melee range, his numbers all fall into sweet spot or not ranges.

Edit: One example being his caban testing. Minimum damage ignoring any distance gains or penalty would be 251, yet he has several numbers below that. Also going to rephrase, if there is a damage boost, it's inconclusive at this point.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-13 12:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Would the Zvahl Fortalice be a good target to determine this? Can have a set range to target, and not have to worry about the range changing. Can just shoot for a capped damage amount without Caban and velocity shot up, and slowly change it until a value is locked in.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 19:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As to the cabin testing. If it is a % increase it would be more easily noticeable with minuets and warcry. I'll test when I get home tomorrow. And to mileslong, that's rly cute coming from someone who didn't even know the enhances velocity shot gives snapshot +5.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-04-14 10:35:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Any update on this yet?
By Mileslong 2013-04-14 10:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

As to the cabin testing. If it is a % increase it would be more easily noticeable with minuets and warcry. I'll test when I get home tomorrow. And to mileslong, that's rly cute coming from someone who didn't even know the enhances velocity shot gives snapshot +5.

wtf are you talking about? it was clearly a joke, are you that fkn dry of a person? go get a drink man..,.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-14 10:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

are you that fkn dry of a person? go get a drink man
Lol, this made me laugh.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-14 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Sry was at work all day yesterday. Going to hop on and test now. I'll get the results back as soon as I can x.x
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-14 14:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Looking at his G. Colbri test, his gear listed is 606 or 633 r. attack based on if it does or doesn't give extra attack. Not 594. fSTR is also 30 not 32. With how close he was to the mob, assuming melee range, his numbers all fall into sweet spot or not ranges.

Edit: One example being his caban testing. Minimum damage ignoring any distance gains or penalty would be 251, yet he has several numbers below that. Also going to rephrase, if there is a damage boost, it's inconclusive at this point.

fSTR2 is 32. (128-67+4)/2 = 32.5. Cap for 99 annihilator is also 32. I'll recheck the other stuff now.

edit: meant armageddon.

Ranged attack was indeed off, though not sure where 606 or 633 is coming from. I'm getting 622.

Gear: scout's beret +2, faith torque, moonshade (rng att +4), sylvan earring, caban/osode, thaumas gloves/seiryu's kote, dark ringx2, terebellum mantle, impulse belt, thaumas kecks, fajin boots.

Strength: 7 from head, 12 from body/hands combo (in either case), 2 from rings, 9 from legs (the extra 2 is added into the body for osode) = 30 as stated. Total is 98+30.

Ranged attack: 64 from strength, 440 from combat skill (here was my original error. I calculated using accuracy formula for some reason), 4 from earring, 20 from back, -5 from belt.
Formula: (8+440+64+19+10)1.15 = 622.15

New cRatio = 1.90

New max = 258~259 (I get 258 with flooring)

Conclusion: the 261s 'with' caban are still breaking the cap, so this doesn't really change anything. This isn't from the sweet spot either, so even with the distance penalty, caban is still breaking the cap. It's pretty obvious that in 'every' case, the caban average was always higher as well, by quite a significant margin.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-14 14:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated post with new math. The ranged attack was off, but the results/conclusions are the same.

Edit: I would like to test with berserk at some point, but my thesis is due tomorrow so I already wasted enough time here... I may sneak in some testing if I finish early :O.

Response to Generic's gear sets:
-Tessera certainly beats hachiryu in high acc situations. AGI increases crit rate for ranged attacks, anyway.
-WS damage bonus only applies to first hit as far as I know. I would be surprised if khepri beat tessera/caban (with v. shot) for last stand. Pretty sure khepri is only useful for coronach.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-16 13:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/115679-Sylvan-Caban-2-Testing

There is a damage boost. Stop denying it. Just for kicks, I compared tessera to sylvan caban for last stand and caban continually won. I can't make any conclusions about the quantity of the boost, only that you should be using caban for last stand.

I will attempt to determine the exact value tonight.
[+]
By fractalvoid 2013-04-16 20:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
-WS damage bonus only applies to first hit as far as I know. I would be surprised if khepri beat tessera/caban (with v. shot) for last stand. Pretty sure khepri is only useful for coronach.

Boost to wildfire would be pretty big aswell I assume.
Though that's obviously situational.

Anyways~ interested to see your results Helel. I personally noticed a big difference when doing Annihi trials messing around with VS on/off while meleeing and etc but ofc this is loleyeballing and whatnot.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-16 20:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fractalvoid said: »

Boost to wildfire would be pretty big aswell I assume.
Though that's obviously situational.

Anyways~ interested to see your results Helel. I personally noticed a big difference when doing Annihi trials messing around with VS on/off while meleeing and etc but ofc this is loleyeballing and whatnot.

Yeah, definitely best wildfire piece as well. Considering wildfire's low damage it's not going to be a huge boost though, relative to coronach, anyway. Tessera/Thurandaut wouldn't be too far behind.
By Mithril20 2013-04-18 07:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi, was just wondering what was better for Coronach. Thurandaut Gloves or Sigyn's Bazubands?
By fractalvoid 2013-04-18 09:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Hi, was just wondering what was better for Coronach. Thurandaut Gloves or Sigyn's Bazubands?

On high end content Sigyn's might be better, but on most (if not all) things I'd use Thurandaut.

edit:
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, just so people realize it, Anni (99) is a D76 weapon, which means its fSTR2 caps at 60 STR above the enemy's VIT. Using a build with +81 STR (on top of your merits and food) may be overkill. You would likely be better off with a little more modifier/RAtk and a little less pure STR.

oh... forgot about +marks skill on sigyn's. :<
I no longer deem myself qualified to answer this question
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-18 15:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigyn's Bazubands

Be at ease! Don't worry about being "qualified." In the end, someone will have different data and you may or may not be wrong. Who cares? That's why I like the self-correcting nature of forums, of course. as long as it remains civil. In the end, it's the reader who needs to validate the data for themselves.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-18 16:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigyn's Bazubands

Be at ease! Don't worry about being "qualified." In the end, someone will have different data and you may or may not be wrong. Who cares? That's why I like the self-correcting nature of forums, of course. as long as it remains civil. In the end, it's the reader who needs to validate the data for themselves.

Except in the case someone still denies the damage boost from caban, in which case Helel will hardcore rage.
[+]
By Gimp 2013-04-18 16:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Except in the case someone still denies the damage boost from caban, in which case Helel will hardcore rage.

I think Generic coined this better and it should be your catchphrase

as much as Helel will take it to the grave with him I won't believe it

Not dissing anyone btw I just laughed hard when I read this a few times
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15