First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-02-14 13:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Talon said: »
I have a 99 anni and I have some questions but first some context.

I have been using Generic's build for quite some time. I, however, do not have Salvage 2.0 gear which was his last update on his sets.

My first question revolves around Mekki Shakki. Anni Rng to me has always been about pumping out 300% coronach and spamming last stand. Store TP is still important and I love using /sam. I need a Rose Strap from Campaign still as well. Should I be using something besides Mekki Shakki?

2nd question: Scout's Beret +2. I have been tping with this hat and have get 26 TP per shot steady with a 31 TP shot when activation occurs. Are people still relying on AF3 +2 for TP?

3rd question: Moonshade Earring with 25 TP Bonus. How does this work? I do not want to waste my time doing WoTG if it does not add significant value.

Thank you very much.

Suppose I should comment on this real quick while I'm here. Using the aftermath from coronach to then "spam" last stand is actually somewhat pointless, at least until they fix the enmity system. The aftermath will allow you to reach the -50% enmity cap, but it does NOT prevent you from capping your enmity. You will still accumulate enmity, and once you're capped, you're just as screwed as any other melee, though at least you can hold back on RNG.

It's much more sensible, in situations where you're using coronach at all, to continually spam coronach such that your enmity never caps for the entire fight. In this way, you'll never pull hate. Coupled with decoy shot, I've been able to shoot stuff like odin for over 20m without him even looking in my direction. Doing coronach > last stand on odin would be a very bad idea. Legion, you could certainly get away with it, but I wouldn't even bother using coronach at all. Basically, if you're going to use coronach, ONLY use coronach. Otherwise, go crazy with last stand.

That said, there are times where I'm weakened, and I rely entirely on coronach so I don't kill myself a second time. Wildfire is also a great weapon skill to use while weak since you don't need to reapply many buffs for it to perform well.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-02-14 13:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Talon said: »
Aikchan,

I would love to see your build. Is it necessary to use Tyrant's ring with /war as well?

I looked on your site in advance of my post but did not see an item set posted for your ranger.

Thanks

I dont think the set is "special" or anything... coronach benefit alot from +atk, so "superbuffed" is most likely that coronach will outdamage Last Stand,

But for things like KS99 where you just have probably food as buff.. last stand > coronach easily..
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-14 13:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
We saying Aluh >> Nguul? This is hypothetical of a non Anni Ranger using last stand also.
Considering Aluh also gives a boost to tp phase it's often the better choice. Nguul would win somewhere where you're only shooting ws or something.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-02-14 13:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
We saying Aluh >> Nguul? This is hypothetical of a non Anni Ranger using last stand also.
Considering Aluh also gives a boost to tp phase it's often the better choice. Nguul would win somewhere where you're only shooting ws or something.

Good to know ^ ^
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2013-02-14 15:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aluh is more beneficial overall because you'll have more DPS during your tp phase, not to mention if Coronach is ever used, Aluh beats the ***out of Nguul. It's just easier to use Aluh instead.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-02-14 16:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Given a coronach set, such as the one Aikchan posted, would moepapa medal neck be a worthwhile upgrade from breeze gorget if you mostly fought fodder mobs and some T6/pw/legion? Or would the acc from the gorget win out only on the higher tier stuff?
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-02-14 17:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I considered this yesterday. I asked how much the Gorget's Acc. was and it was 10. That being said I'd use Moepapa.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-02-15 12:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

i also might be inclined to use Wanion Belt over Prosilio Belt. You lose 1 STR but gain 8 DEX
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-15 12:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged crits are based on agi. And wanion has agi-5(if that's what you were considering I mean).
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-02-15 13:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Ranged crits are based on agi. And wanion has agi-5(if that's what you were considering I mean).

not for TP. was referring to use in a Coronach build,
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-15 13:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Coronach is 40% AGI / 40% DEX. So the belt is effectively worth +8 STR and +3 DEX.

Also, just so people realize it, Anni (99) is a D76 weapon, which means its fSTR2 caps at 60 STR above the enemy's VIT. Using a build with +81 STR (on top of your merits and food) may be overkill. You would likely be better off with a little more modifier/RAtk and a little less pure STR.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
Server: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-02-17 12:11:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So how much total STR would be ideal for stuff like Odin II and Legion?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Florian
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2013-04-10 12:00:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question on how new item sets from Adoulin factor in now specifically tharandant gloves and maybe legs http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28064/thurandaut-gloves
 Sylph.Washburn
Server: Sylph
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-04-10 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Florian said: »
Just a quick question on how new item sets from Adoulin factor in now specifically tharandant gloves and maybe legs http://www.ffxiah.com/item/28064/thurandaut-gloves

I still don't see this beating Sigyn's Bazubands, or Scout's bracers +2.
[+]
By Mithril20 2013-04-11 08:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just got my Annihilator couple days ago, and was wondering what are the top current TP/WS/Barrage sets with new gear out. Thanks in advance for the replies!
By fractalvoid 2013-04-11 09:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Last Stand:
ItemSet 296356

r.atk/tp bonus moonshade. altdorf/wilhelm otherwise, and might be better if different augments on moonshade considering ftp progression for last stand.

Don't have time for other sets but can post what I use for TP/Barrage/Coro when I get home from class. Not positive that this is best (still no spreadsheet for rng that I'm aware of) but it's what I'm currently aiming for.

AF2+2 Hat still best for TP, and even moreso once they do the Recycle update. Toss-up between Thurandaut Gloves and Sigyn's for Coronach (consult Byrth's post above about fstr2 capping out for Coro)
By Mithril20 2013-04-13 07:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I'm still trying to work out a good TP set for my Anni ranger.
Was wondering how this tp set is compared to other ones, and what I could do to improve it. Earrings have ranged attack +4 augment on em. Thanks in advance for your help!

ItemSet 293089
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-13 08:45:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithril20 said: »
Was wondering how this tp set is compared to other ones, and what I could do to improve it. Earrings have ranged attack +4 augment on em. Thanks in advance for your help!

ItemSet 293089
legion scutum (Best Shield ever!)
sylvan caban +2 (Enhance Velocity Shot)
libeccio mantle (for extra Recycle proc, although the STP might help to make sure you don't have to rely on multiple Recycle procs)

Also, where did you get those earrings?

At 55% Recycle:
With 17 stp in gear, you need at least 2 recycle procs which is 75.9%

At 50% Recycle:
With 17 stp in gear, you need at least 2 recycle procs which is 68.8%

At 50% Recycle:
With 22 stp in gear, you need at least 1 recycle procs which is 93.8%
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 08:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 293089

not sure, but i always use sylvan body. You can get stp from volly/tyrant?
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 08:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

ItemSet 293089
libeccio mantle (for extra Recycle proc, although the STP might help to make sure you don't have to rely on multiple Recycle procs)

At 55% Recycle:

At 50% Recycle:

At 50% Recycle:

Libeccio mantle is pre-shot only, finish the shot in sylvan.
By Mithril20 2013-04-13 09:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see. Thanks for the replies guys. Earrings I got crafted and spammed FoV NM for augments. Pretty lucky I guess, you mostly get negative stats from that stuff. So Sylvan Caban +2 over Kudzu Aketon in my tp set?
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 09:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see. Thanks for the replies guys. Earrings I got crafted and spammed FoV NM for augments. Pretty lucky I guess, you mostly get negative stats from that stuff. So Sylvan Caban +2 over Kudzu Aketon in my tp set?

alot of rng's dmg comes from pure /ra, with velocity shot up the sylvan body adds alot of Ratt (+20 i think)
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-13 09:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mileslong said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

ItemSet 293089

At 55% Recycle:

At 50% Recycle:

At 50% Recycle:

Recycle is determined when you actually shoot.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-04-13 09:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty sure recycle activates when the shot is finished not preshot
By Mileslong 2013-04-13 09:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »

pretty sure recycle activates when the shot is finished not preshot

yeah your right, im not awake yet...either way finish in sylvan.
By fractalvoid 2013-04-13 10:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 293089

Elanid Belt over Oneiros Cest and Terebellum Mantle over Sylvan. Pyrosoul over the Bellona's and Sylvan Caban+2 fulltime (only time I'd take mine off is for Coronach if I had a T.saio, and even then idk if it'd beat the VS bonus on caban

You may "need" that sTP for x-hit for now, but Recycle update coming "shortly after Adoulin" last I read (could dig up the post if needed) will definitely change that.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 10:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

TP:
ItemSet 204976

Barrage:
ItemSet 247158

Bodies differ on the mob. Khepri for Legionesk mobs i.e. "I need the R.acc.", swap in Hachiryu Haramaki on mobs where less R.acc. is needed. Kacura Harness +1 is also an option.

Coronach:
ItemSet 246993

Last Stand:
ItemSet 243446

I have different mainhand weapons because there are events where the use of Last Stand isn't used in which case I believe the 5STR from the staff/strap combo is more useful than the 5% crit rate you get from Fencer. To each his own tho. TP set is based on getting a single hit on Last Stand and only 1 proc from recycle during TP phase in which 19STP is required to maintain a 5hit.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 10:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said:

Such a HQ /SAM ranger.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-04-13 10:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Quote:
[quote='Quetzalcoatl.Generic'

Such a HQ /SAM ranger.
<3 Making Yoichi ... for SAM :D
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-13 10:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi SAMs can definitely have a lot of fun in Legion, especially with the Amphitiere mobs and their enhanced weakness to piercing.
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 13 14 15